• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:46
CEST 13:46
KST 20:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8684 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XLI

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
April 18 2013 20:45 GMT
#63
ill play if theres still room
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 04 2013 03:38 GMT
#124
this will be rough considering it is a no clue game. First day of lynching is just purely a guess at this point, ill probably get the ball rolling later once I see some more posts
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 04 2013 03:52 GMT
#128
On May 04 2013 12:47 calgar wrote:
@nobody - I'm doing well, thanks.

@espi - Being in a different time zone definitely adds difficulty so just try and do your best, give reads, and be reasonably active. In the end that's all we can really ask for from players. I know in a lot of newbie mini games it really suffers from 2-3 lurkers/replacements who hold back the game so I'd love to be able to avoid that.

As far as active lurking goes - that's definitely something to watch out for. Posting without direction and cluttering the thread doesn't accomplish anything useful for town. I don't think it's 100% reliable though, although I guess none of the other 'common tells' such as being wishy-washy, apologizing/avoiding confrontation, sheeping etc. are.


I would argue that those are not tells at all, usually mafia double and triple check their posts to sound as concise and not suspicious as possible. If some one was blundering/being unclear I would learn more towards them being town than mafia.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 04 2013 05:09 GMT
#134
Not enough information yet to know whether I want to lynch lurkers or not. I need at least a post from everyone first, as well as some votes to come in. then we'll see
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 04 2013 17:34 GMT
#162
On May 04 2013 15:08 jampidampi wrote:
Yes, rolled town again.

Show nested quote +
On May 04 2013 12:38 VayneAuthority wrote:
this will be rough considering it is a no clue game. First day of lynching is just purely a guess at this point, ill probably get the ball rolling later once I see some more posts

Why post something like this instead of trying to create discussion?

Show nested quote +
On May 04 2013 12:10 Spicydinosaur wrote:
Hey all, looking forward to a fun game. I agree with the general notion that lurking should be dissuaded and active posting should be encouraged. However I'd like to add that we should be on the lookout for postings that simply mask for scum, those that add little to the discussion but give the illusion of participation.

Like this post of yours?

I'm not sold on policy lynching. If we agree to policy lynch, it creates an easy way for scum to mask themselves in the town. And if we agree on a policy, scum can just avoid doing whatever we policy lynch for. Like just posting a bit more than the lurkiest lurker. What I suggest is leaving lurkers for our blues to handle. Scummy lurkers are shot by vigis, null lurkers are checked by cops, towny lurkers are not are a big concern.


what exactly was there to discuss 3 posts in? This is how I always play, I only will be convinced after the first day in a no clue game. If you guys don't like how I play then I guess I wont be in this game very long, pretty much all there is to it.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 04 2013 17:36 GMT
#164
So far all I can tell is that this is either going to be an easy mafia victory or the mafia is giving themselves away on the first day and are indeed newbies. Guess we will find out soon enough.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 04 2013 17:40 GMT
#166
On May 05 2013 02:37 nobodywonder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2013 02:34 VayneAuthority wrote:
On May 04 2013 15:08 jampidampi wrote:
Yes, rolled town again.

On May 04 2013 12:38 VayneAuthority wrote:
this will be rough considering it is a no clue game. First day of lynching is just purely a guess at this point, ill probably get the ball rolling later once I see some more posts

Why post something like this instead of trying to create discussion?

On May 04 2013 12:10 Spicydinosaur wrote:
Hey all, looking forward to a fun game. I agree with the general notion that lurking should be dissuaded and active posting should be encouraged. However I'd like to add that we should be on the lookout for postings that simply mask for scum, those that add little to the discussion but give the illusion of participation.

Like this post of yours?

I'm not sold on policy lynching. If we agree to policy lynch, it creates an easy way for scum to mask themselves in the town. And if we agree on a policy, scum can just avoid doing whatever we policy lynch for. Like just posting a bit more than the lurkiest lurker. What I suggest is leaving lurkers for our blues to handle. Scummy lurkers are shot by vigis, null lurkers are checked by cops, towny lurkers are not are a big concern.


what exactly was there to discuss 3 posts in? This is how I always play, I only will be convinced after the first day in a no clue game. If you guys don't like how I play then I guess I wont be in this game very long, pretty much all there is to it.


or you can change your play and not die...this is highly recommended if you are town. you almost deserve to die if you don't contribute


Showing up town and lynching the bandwagoners is enough of a contribution if it comes to that. Im used to being lynched day 1 since mafia fear logic and not emotional people.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 04 2013 17:49 GMT
#171
On May 05 2013 02:45 nobodywonder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2013 02:40 VayneAuthority wrote:
On May 05 2013 02:37 nobodywonder wrote:
On May 05 2013 02:34 VayneAuthority wrote:
On May 04 2013 15:08 jampidampi wrote:
Yes, rolled town again.

On May 04 2013 12:38 VayneAuthority wrote:
this will be rough considering it is a no clue game. First day of lynching is just purely a guess at this point, ill probably get the ball rolling later once I see some more posts

Why post something like this instead of trying to create discussion?

On May 04 2013 12:10 Spicydinosaur wrote:
Hey all, looking forward to a fun game. I agree with the general notion that lurking should be dissuaded and active posting should be encouraged. However I'd like to add that we should be on the lookout for postings that simply mask for scum, those that add little to the discussion but give the illusion of participation.

Like this post of yours?

I'm not sold on policy lynching. If we agree to policy lynch, it creates an easy way for scum to mask themselves in the town. And if we agree on a policy, scum can just avoid doing whatever we policy lynch for. Like just posting a bit more than the lurkiest lurker. What I suggest is leaving lurkers for our blues to handle. Scummy lurkers are shot by vigis, null lurkers are checked by cops, towny lurkers are not are a big concern.


what exactly was there to discuss 3 posts in? This is how I always play, I only will be convinced after the first day in a no clue game. If you guys don't like how I play then I guess I wont be in this game very long, pretty much all there is to it.


or you can change your play and not die...this is highly recommended if you are town. you almost deserve to die if you don't contribute


Showing up town and lynching the bandwagoners is enough of a contribution if it comes to that. Im used to being lynched day 1 since mafia fear logic and not emotional people.


no, it's not. you need to contribute. for example, here's a bone for you
what do you think of sugarfluff's suscipion of you? what do you think of jampi's vt claim?


two meaningless things that only emotional people would be bothered by. Logic is taking people's votes and the killings under analysis and making correct lynches based off them. PR roles also come into play here once people actually figure out what roles are in the game and have to attempt to convince people of what they know for sure.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 04 2013 17:51 GMT
#172
On May 05 2013 02:44 jampidampi wrote:
@Vayne: If there was nothing to discuss you could have started a discussion. If you indeed play based on logic, you could start by creating material to analyse.

Show nested quote +
On May 05 2013 02:36 VayneAuthority wrote:
So far all I can tell is that this is either going to be an easy mafia victory or the mafia is giving themselves away on the first day and are indeed newbies. Guess we will find out soon enough.

What gives you this feeling?


Creating imaginary evidence based on emotions is not logic. What gives me this feeling is that either the town is quick to bandwagon on anything, or the mafia are being stupid and casting all their votes on me early. When I come up townie you can immediately go back and analyze who started the suspicions on me and who bandwagoned.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 04 2013 18:11 GMT
#176
I played on epicmafia for years before it turned terrible, there is nothing to link. Hundreds or thousands of short games.

I played one game on teamliquid and I was mafia then so I can link that.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 04 2013 18:13 GMT
#177
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=67925

im blindalbino, have fun its a lot
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 04 2013 19:01 GMT
#181
On May 05 2013 03:41 jampidampi wrote:
Why did you make another account? Based on your posts in that game you have analysed a lot more things than just raw facts (votes/flips/nightkills). What has changed?


I dont know man, couldn't be my role or anything /sarcasm

Mafia feeds off emotion, town feeds off logic.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 04 2013 19:02 GMT
#182
On May 05 2013 03:42 jampidampi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2013 02:56 jampidampi wrote:
On May 05 2013 02:51 VayneAuthority wrote:
On May 05 2013 02:44 jampidampi wrote:
@Vayne: If there was nothing to discuss you could have started a discussion. If you indeed play based on logic, you could start by creating material to analyse.

On May 05 2013 02:36 VayneAuthority wrote:
So far all I can tell is that this is either going to be an easy mafia victory or the mafia is giving themselves away on the first day and are indeed newbies. Guess we will find out soon enough.

What gives you this feeling?


Creating imaginary evidence based on emotions is not logic. What gives me this feeling is that either the town is quick to bandwagon on anything, or the mafia are being stupid and casting all their votes on me early. When I come up townie you can immediately go back and analyze who started the suspicions on me and who bandwagoned.

How did you come to that conclusion?

And answear this.


I came to that conclusion based off this first day's proceedings. Not a single shred of evidence and everyone is so quick to lynch me. Either a mafia bandwagon in the making or a dumb town.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 04 2013 21:30 GMT
#190
Based on my analysis I will be voting for Targe. Heading out for a while so ill be back later.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 05 2013 03:31 GMT
#199
On May 05 2013 08:10 nobodywonder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2013 06:20 Spicydinosaur wrote:
@nobodywonder, I am curious as to why you put a vote on VayneAuthority. All the votes up to this point have been basically to get lurkers to post. Is your vote on him because of suspicion, an attempt to motivate him in some way, or another purpose?


I am really annoyed by his day 1 logic thing. And as for the votes, not many people have voted so yeah... I vote him because I'm just annoyed, the action can be scummy, but his response I can't quite make a read...I'll clarify when he does this:

Show nested quote +
On May 05 2013 06:30 VayneAuthority wrote:
Based on my analysis I will be voting for Targe. Heading out for a while so ill be back later.


Interesting, you voted, but why? Please explain your logic or whatever you cling to.


I will divulge if im about to be lynched, otherwise I do not want the mafia to know how I think yet. Still picking up clues from this first day. Second day is when the real hunting begins.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 05 2013 20:05 GMT
#230
On May 06 2013 03:09 nobodywonder wrote:
@Vayne, just tell us why you vote Targe? Targe's posting doesn't seem particularly bad. At this point, Targe isn't even going to be lynched...in that case, will you tell us tomorrow? Or just hold it forever? In the end you should TELL US TODAY, otherwise I'm definitely saying you are scum.

If Targe is scum, then I don't see why wouldn't you just make a case and show us. Vayne, your play just doesn't make sense.

I actually have a couple of concerns about Targe's play too, so if you give us the analysis then that would be great.


shrug, just some brief pickups from him being too agreeable and deciding early on whether people are acting "scummy" or not. Also his push for lynching lurkers is something mafia tend to do early to gain an early foothold and town usually goes along with it, a common rookie mistake. I would rather just no lynch this day as theres almost nothing to go off of, but if I have to vote for now its going to be him

Not going to reveal the second part of my analysis just yet because I would like to see where this first lynching goes before I divulge any more of how I think because it could change the mafia playstyle.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 05 2013 23:10 GMT
#256
Forgive me, but I fail to see how no lynching day 1 is so ridiculous in a game with PR roles. Killing town off before having evidence to go off of only helps the mafia. By lynching some one instead of not lynching, thats a whole day less of PR roles gathering info.

Could some one explain to me how no lynching is bad? All the people against that are very suspicious to me for the time being.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 05 2013 23:10 GMT
#257
I have always played in small games with PR roles on epicmafia.com where day 1 lynching a lot of the time is obscene and would get you called a noob pretty harshly so I dunno why people are so vehemently against it. This is how I was taught to play.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 05 2013 23:24 GMT
#259
On May 06 2013 08:18 jrkirby wrote:
You're right in that we'll almost never actually manage to lynch mafia day one. It's just not going to happen. But what we do get is reads on all the players. If everyone just no lynched day one, we would get pretty much no information. We wouldn't be able to see who voted for who and why.


The problem is assuming that the mafia are idiots. Id rather have no information than meaningless information. A common strategy, bussing, is used a lot to "clear" mafia individuals when they lead a lynch against another mafia. Completely worthless reads.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 06 2013 01:40 GMT
#274
indeed this late bandwagon switch is very troubling. Whoever is a town PR role NEEDS to inspect Jarjar/Targe tonight, whoever doesnt die.
I come in for the scraps
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28584
Shuttle 2933
Bisu 982
Horang2 819
Jaedong 617
BeSt 384
Hyuk 308
firebathero 303
actioN 278
Light 257
[ Show more ]
Mini 211
Stork 205
Zeus 186
Soma 180
Soulkey 168
EffOrt 143
Last 131
Leta 109
ggaemo 92
ZerO 86
Pusan 84
Snow 83
Rush 69
Mong 55
Killer 54
Aegong 40
hero 39
Mind 35
Shine 32
Sexy 29
Sharp 27
Bale 26
NaDa 25
Shinee 24
ToSsGirL 22
soO 21
Terrorterran 17
sorry 15
Free 14
Yoon 13
zelot 13
JulyZerg 12
PianO 12
HiyA 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1463
qojqva1202
Dendi845
Fuzer 126
League of Legends
Reynor91
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
x6flipin281
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1878
crisheroes703
Other Games
gofns39839
singsing2029
B2W.Neo458
XBOCT333
Livibee180
DeMusliM178
Mew2King135
Liquid`LucifroN130
XaKoH 120
ArmadaUGS99
QueenE82
Chillindude9
ZerO(Twitch)9
Railgan7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream301
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2234
• TFBlade468
Other Games
• WagamamaTV130
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 14m
Stellar Fest
1h 14m
OSC
12h 14m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.