• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:07
CEST 02:07
KST 09:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9175 users

Boardwalk Empire Mafia: Pick Your Power - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 11 2013 23:26 GMT
#3016
Revealing flips, passive kp protection, item that reveals all unpivked roles? Item that allows a vT to pick a role from all unpicked roles?

2-3 man listcheck, 1 shot priest power, other assorted nonsense
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 11 2013 23:45 GMT
#3018
May be using term wrong, but like a cop.check for a group. Give a few names, see whether anyone in that group is mafia

Something that is day use or used n3 but reports to thread maybe better. Don't want someone who gets the thing snipped off before whatever s invented can be used
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 01:15 GMT
#3052
1:45
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 01:37 GMT
#3058
On April 12 2013 10:31 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2013 10:25 Vivax wrote:
Feeling guilty mocsta?

No.. just annoyed

Its pretty demotivating when you are trying to engage people in discussion and constantly provoke people to actually think.
And then everyone just shits all over you.

Lastly, Geript play has really been alerting me all cycle.

His only strong opinion with foundation has been VE, who he tunneled relentlessly.
And he has that stupid post, where he calls me town based on an alignment null post.
Later, he regresses and associates me with scum.

And then there is this stupid bickering with Sn0, who is prob CPR Medic based on claims thus far.

If im alive night 2, im role checking Geript.
At no point has everyone crapped on you.

I have some thoughts that you may be mafia. I still do. But I met some serious resistance in thread.

So...join geript in the knock it off club. Ain't pity party time (and, because I'm mildly tunnel-y, I totally intepret the pity party as a scummy thing trying to keep me from shooting you). If you're town, you did play a solid town game for a while, but seemed to get a bit disorganized overnight and during this cycle, maybe because we got so far ahead after the D1 lynch. Oh well, it happens.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 01:43 GMT
#3062
Yeah, there's not much time to shoot but I'm serious when I've said all along that the long game favors town and I don't think people should be firing KP all over the place. Perhaps it's dumb to not use the shot, but oh well.

Only thing I'm super considering is shooting obviousone, as a prelynch almost, since it appears that he's going down. But I don't love having stalled this long, only to dick with the double lynch this late in the cycle.

Frankly, I don't love my play during the nuke day as a whole. Not enough scumhunting, too much crappy play and disinterest in game.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 01:45 GMT
#3066
On April 12 2013 10:41 Mocsta wrote:
At least ppl gave you resistance.

I just got ignored.

There is a big difference Austin.

I can handle the being ignored; because at least people like Kei have kept going back/forth with me.

But when you get called scummy for trying to generate meaningful conversation; that is truly annoying.

I gave you plenty of resistance yesterday, and resistance again today on something (snb?). This day as a whole has also been much more ignore-y when someone brought concerns to light.

Again, if you're town, you played a solid D1. Whatever, it's not time for postgame, so I'ma shut up about this.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 01:47 GMT
#3070
On April 12 2013 10:44 Vivax wrote:
Lol why would you shoot OO at this point that'd be dumb.

Because it gives us more information to work with for the double lynch, and it appears ENTIRELY unlikely that he survives anyhow. Except there's not much information to be gained from that shot, much more from other shots, but I don't want to go around blasting random folks.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 01:52 GMT
#3084
Awww, I was gonna let people continue to not pay attention and miss things
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 02:03 GMT
#3098
On April 12 2013 10:59 Vivax wrote:
Did austin just claim scum?

Applause for Sharrant going down like a boss.
No, but if nobody caught RO straight up calling sn0_man out as the inventor, sn0_man admitting it, and half a page of discussing WHAT HE SHOULD INVENT, then ... I dunno how to better put the pieces together for them.

There's always the chance that the someone missing things is scum and the inventions can be a big help.


Again, especially for geript, this is why sn0 is almost certainly town, much more likely town than any other claim but justice vigi. As the top spot, he could have NOT invented, just stolen the role and claimed to be CPR doc holding shots or whatever. He could have invented something that wasn't pro-town (assuming a DT check pro-town, and since you can't trick folks with your inventions it is). Instead, he invented something that seems pro-town, which indicates heavily that he's town. All the invention ideas thrown out later were pro-town. So...EVEN IF HE'S SCUM, HE'S STUCK MAKING PRO-TOWN INVENTIONS.

But he's almost certainly not. Much more likely that we've got fake DT claims, or scum america, or scum mason, or scum plenty of things. But certainly not justice vigi, and probably not scum inventor. Ta da.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 02:09 GMT
#3101
On April 12 2013 11:06 Mocsta wrote:
OK.. can we focus on a consolidated vote pls

I going to assume you shooting (unclaimed OO)

then..
shevlocke, for VT as showtime

which DT checker do we want to lynch

so far we have austin/SnB/keirath/Sharrant

keirathi is off the block as far as i am concerned, boviously so is austin

So SnB or Sharrant?
?

I am not shooting. ALTHOUGH THIS IS ONE REASON WHY I'M STILL FRIGGING TEMPTED TO SHOOT YOU.

WE ARE NOT LYNCHING PEOPLE BASED ON THEIR CLAIMS. NOBODY IS GETTING LYNCHED FOR PICKING X OR Y. PEOPLE ARE GETTING LYNCHED FOR BEING SCUMMY, OR BECAUSE FOLKS ARE SHEEPING, OR BECAUSE ... I DON'T ACTUALLY PARTICULARLY KNOW. BUT NOBODY IS LYNCHING PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE THEY PICKED A CERTAIN THING.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. YOU CANNOT ACTUALLY HAVE JUST SUGGESTED THAT WE WANT TO LYNCH BASED ON CLAIMS CAN YOU?

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 02:14 GMT
#3105
On April 12 2013 11:11 Mocsta wrote:
What was the point of claiming

if the intention wasnt to lynch.
It pulls some people off the table. It possibly catches scum. It forces scum to commit to a story now, rather than later, if they want to fakeclaim.

Maybe geript had terminally low blood pressure, and dangling sn0 claiming in front of him all day helped to raise his blood pressure and save his life.

EVEN IF THE POINT WAS TO LYNCH PEOPLE WHY WOULD WE JUST GO "LET'S LYNCH PEOPLE WHO CLAIMED DETECTIVE ROLES"?

That doesn't make sense to me why, if we were lynching on only claims, we'd lynch ... a specific role that was claimed?
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 02:17 GMT
#3113
On April 12 2013 11:16 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2013 11:14 austinmcc wrote:
On April 12 2013 11:11 Mocsta wrote:
What was the point of claiming

if the intention wasnt to lynch.
It pulls some people off the table. It possibly catches scum. It forces scum to commit to a story now, rather than later, if they want to fakeclaim.

Maybe geript had terminally low blood pressure, and dangling sn0 claiming in front of him all day helped to raise his blood pressure and save his life.

EVEN IF THE POINT WAS TO LYNCH PEOPLE WHY WOULD WE JUST GO "LET'S LYNCH PEOPLE WHO CLAIMED DETECTIVE ROLES"?

That doesn't make sense to me why, if we were lynching on only claims, we'd lynch ... a specific role that was claimed?

Because we came to the conclusion

there was too many dt roles

we asked for hard dt claims & didnt get them

I forgot to add Vivax as a dt claimer.
Who is we, where did this happen, where were there too many DT roles, and who did not provide a hard claim?
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 02:19 GMT
#3114
AND WHY DO YOU WANT TO KILL PEOPLE BASED ON THEIR CLAIMS WHEN YOU HAVE CLAIMED TO HAVE A ROLE THAT ROLECHECKS, SO YOU CAN TOTALLY, YOU KNOW, CONFIRM OR CATCH SOMEONE IF YOU'RE SUSPICIOUS OF THEM?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 02:27 GMT
#3123
Yes, it is.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 02:34 GMT
#3133
No, it's not great reasoning. But that one is far different from the reasoning on sn0. Moreover, you can attack RO based on his PLAY this game if you'd like.

Anyone who thinks RO is full-on confirmed based on role is being a sillybilly. Same with all DTs, claimed VTs, and other nonsense.

But roles like justice vigi AND INVENTOR are almost certainly town, given that they have to play pro-town or they die.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 02:46 GMT
#3138
Someone from magical masonland, has MZ been active in QT both days/today? Giving legitimate thoughts/reads and not just lovefesting?
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 02:59 GMT
#3146
kk. You guys will have night, but you can try to use the DTs to check each other, and know whether you can trust checks. I'm a bum and unsure if that's a great idea or not. Hopefully the invention can also skirt the line of what's allowed as a power level.

Vote rigger sounds all mafia-y, but my character is a politician and that was the role I looked at if I was picking within-role, so I don't think choosing that makes you mafia. It's basically KP the day you rig the votes, and extra lynches on the days you use it to multi-lynch, so it's not inherently anti-town, even though dicking with votes often seems scummy.

Shelvocke seems likely town based on the D1 artanis/shelvocke/VE stuff, but ... THIS IS A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF INACTIVITY AND ORIGINAL THOUGHT from someone who is smurfing. I have never seen a smurf just bury his head this much and I hate hate hate hate hate how the votes on D1 went because otherwise he'd be standing head and shoulders above a lot of people.

Ugh. My apologies for my play this cycle. Already having a bad game + getting nuked meant that I just didn't work into the right mindset to play out the day. Didn't hunt enough, wasn't active enough throughout, and ... blech. Oh well, something to improve on.

Actually not shooting.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 12 2013 03:01 GMT
#3151
gg town.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 18 2013 13:11 GMT
#4114
GG folks. Big thanks to BC and Kurumi for hosting. Regardless of flak about roles or powers or handholding, this game took a bunch of legwork and it was greatly appreciated. Except the part where you saw MZ's nuke post and nuked me, that bit of hosting was sadface.


I'd agree with syllo on the role stuff, in fact. From reading the other PYP games, scum is at a huge disadvantage these games compared to normal, because they can actually get 100% caught based on claims/roles sometimes. Even in a themed game they usually have safe fakeclaims, or town-aligned character names, or something like that. Here there are NO protections like that. As best I can tell, some of the roles that were added were meant to address that somewhat - BC, thief, roleswapper, to make claiming less bad for scum, and I'd be interested to see how this might have played out if scum had gone for thief/roleswapper, traded some early KP for some messing with the roles, although, tbh, we didn't get much out of the claims except for "injustice vig."

I don't think I'd have been quite as townie on D2 if I weren't set to die. I do think that Keirathi's check and reasoning on me made sense, but I also have played with him and could kind of understand his desire to check me under the circumstances. I could see that making less sense if you haven't played with him/us. Sorry for not scumhunting more D2, I felt like I was active but not actually pushing the game forward and I didn't use my soon-to-be-guaranteed-towniness as much as I should. My b. And yeah, the nuke and reaction, especially hoping I wouldn't be nuked because of misspelling my name, was actually kind of funny.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
April 18 2013 13:19 GMT
#4115
On April 18 2013 16:28 geript wrote:
Can people tell me what I obviously missed about why Kei was town? How do you find a way to overlook a bad early game to focus on the obvious other points?
The way I was viewing it, he felt town because of his check but also just...nobody was really sharing your suspicions. And keirathi was either faking a check on my for no good reason or to save a scumbuddy, because there's just not much reason for him to fake check town as scum if he's not a DT (risks there being a real NKVD agent).

So if I flip scum off the nuke, maybe he just got caught. If I flip town off the nuke, then it's LIKELY that he's not faking his check and had good reason to check me and is town.

Honestly, that's what I was looking at with both sn0 and keirathi. I had information on sn0 that I didn't want to give out - knowing he was an inventor, knowing that he invented a DT check instead of KP (scum probably invents KP or lynchproof vests or something less townie). My flip would confirm that I actually had that information, and would tell you something about keirathi as well.

At the very least, then, when I was 100% slated to die at the end of the cycle, I don't think you should be trying to build and push reads on keirathi or sn0, because you're about to get guaranteed information there given that janitor was already blown and I'd flip. You were discarding information that would become public knowledge, discarding my play during D2, and you thinking they were both scummy sort of required you thinking that I was scum and lying about stuff, when I was going to die and flip and get revealed and all the lying would be worthless. No real reason for scum to be active and lie, because it gets them NOTHING at the end of cycle when the nuke hits.

Tbh, kei was mildly suspicious D1 to me. I didn't have a fully town vibe on him until seeing his check on me, and seeing some of his posts D2. To me, beyond reasons he was town, there were just reasons not to worry about him during D2, because if I were actually green come the flips, his actions wouldn't have made sense as scum.
Fe fi fo fum.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 126
Nina 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1346
GuemChi 998
Artosis 621
910 35
MaD[AoV]20
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever45
League of Legends
JimRising 705
Counter-Strike
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox620
Other Games
summit1g8460
Day[9].tv606
shahzam491
C9.Mang0333
Trikslyr42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick601
BasetradeTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie886
• Shiphtur679
• Day9tv606
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 54m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.