• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:49
CEST 12:49
KST 19:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8980 users

Boardwalk Empire Mafia: Pick Your Power - Page 35

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 210 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
April 05 2013 06:50 GMT
#681
On April 05 2013 15:48 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 15:34 Oatsmaster wrote:
1 for 1 trades are never good.
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 14:51 Oatsmaster wrote:
No.

We dont shoot.
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 15:24 Oatsmaster wrote:
Policy regarding nukes, if you launch one, you are scum bro.

Oats,

I just find stuff like this really disruptive Oats.

Like fair enough, the points you raise have validity; but the iron fist manner in which you are dropping those points; in my opinion acts to cease discussion.

Your essentially coming across as: my way, or the highway.

As I said before, some of your points this game have been very valid; I just think you need to work more on trying to develop others ideas to a common ground, rather than just.. shit on it.



Its policy. Not ideas.

Im solid on POLICY cause its a yes/no thing.

Feeling like XXXIX now Mocsta, slamming me for 'stifling' discussion.

No gg, No skill.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 05 2013 06:52 GMT
#682
On April 05 2013 15:50 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 15:46 geript wrote:
@VE Why are you so quiet? I'm not used to you being so behind the scenes instead of being spammy. I would like to get a read on you.

I sincerely hope that isnt a scum slip.

Because, I expect more from your scum play than a loose phrase like that.

I think I know what you meant; but the implication is.. you are aware of what VE is doing currently; which is knowledge townies certainly do not possess....

Err what?

How is that in any way a scumslip :o

You're seeing things that aren't there, IMO lol.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
April 05 2013 06:53 GMT
#683
EBWOP:

Also I agreed with keirathi on the lynch people who shoot nukes that hit town.

So Im not shutting down discussion clearly...

No gg, No skill.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
April 05 2013 06:56 GMT
#684
On April 05 2013 15:53 Oatsmaster wrote:
EBWOP:

Also I agreed with keirathi on the lynch people who shoot nukes that hit town.

So Im not shutting down discussion clearly...


Those posts were just a quick grab.. Im not going to go through 5 posts to get that point across.

Regardless of policy or whatever.. what makes you the judge with the hammer to enforce what is policy and what isnt?

The point is to raise an idea, and discuss the validity and let it be agreed by town in general to become policy.

That is the approach Keirathi is taking.. he is assertive without being "my way or the highway".

After all, your vote does not represent the vote of town.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
April 05 2013 06:57 GMT
#685
On April 05 2013 15:52 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 15:50 Mocsta wrote:
On April 05 2013 15:46 geript wrote:
@VE Why are you so quiet? I'm not used to you being so behind the scenes instead of being spammy. I would like to get a read on you.

I sincerely hope that isnt a scum slip.

Because, I expect more from your scum play than a loose phrase like that.

I think I know what you meant; but the implication is.. you are aware of what VE is doing currently; which is knowledge townies certainly do not possess....

Err what?

How is that in any way a scumslip :o

You're seeing things that aren't there, IMO lol.

Perhaps, the only reason I dont think its a slip is because its a common saying; and perhaps used in the wrong context.

It still does infer he is aware VE is active in a QT.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
April 05 2013 07:01 GMT
#686
On April 05 2013 15:50 Oatsmaster wrote:
Feeling like XXXIX now Mocsta, slamming me for 'stifling' discussion.

Yeah, I disagree. I think I'm taking a completely different tact to bridging our inherent differences of opinion.

Regardless, I am not slamming you.
If you read carefully what I said.. I think you have valid opinions. I think you are just being too forceful about pushing them.

Just like you think roles should be chosen as fun.. others vehemently want to win at all costs - and hence are willing to plan more.

Right/Wrong; good policy/bad policy is a matter of opinion based on the eye of the beholder. That is all.

=====
Or paraphrased: I feel like your a Jehovah Witness knocking on my door to try and convert me.
Just give me the pitch, and leave. I can come to a decision myself.
*Sorry to any Jehovah Witness playing in this game*
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 05 2013 07:02 GMT
#687
On April 05 2013 15:57 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 15:52 Keirathi wrote:
On April 05 2013 15:50 Mocsta wrote:
On April 05 2013 15:46 geript wrote:
@VE Why are you so quiet? I'm not used to you being so behind the scenes instead of being spammy. I would like to get a read on you.

I sincerely hope that isnt a scum slip.

Because, I expect more from your scum play than a loose phrase like that.

I think I know what you meant; but the implication is.. you are aware of what VE is doing currently; which is knowledge townies certainly do not possess....

Err what?

How is that in any way a scumslip :o

You're seeing things that aren't there, IMO lol.

Perhaps, the only reason I dont think its a slip is because its a common saying; and perhaps used in the wrong context.

It still does infer he is aware VE is active in a QT.

You mean imply, not infer. You inferred based on his implication But I digress...

I don't even think it implies that. I mean, I guess I can see how you can read it and think that, but in context the implication to me is that VE is not being out in the open with his thoughts, and instead of hiding in the background without particularly doing anything.

Which I can agree with, but I don't think it really means anything yet.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
April 05 2013 07:10 GMT
#688
On April 05 2013 16:02 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 15:57 Mocsta wrote:
On April 05 2013 15:52 Keirathi wrote:
On April 05 2013 15:50 Mocsta wrote:
On April 05 2013 15:46 geript wrote:
@VE Why are you so quiet? I'm not used to you being so behind the scenes instead of being spammy. I would like to get a read on you.

I sincerely hope that isnt a scum slip.

Because, I expect more from your scum play than a loose phrase like that.

I think I know what you meant; but the implication is.. you are aware of what VE is doing currently; which is knowledge townies certainly do not possess....

Err what?

How is that in any way a scumslip :o

You're seeing things that aren't there, IMO lol.

Perhaps, the only reason I dont think its a slip is because its a common saying; and perhaps used in the wrong context.

It still does infer he is aware VE is active in a QT.

You mean imply, not infer. You inferred based on his implication But I digress...

I don't even think it implies that. I mean, I guess I can see how you can read it and think that, but in context the implication to me is that VE is not being out in the open with his thoughts, and instead of hiding in the background without particularly doing anything.

Which I can agree with, but I don't think it really means anything yet.

Regardless of English semantics.

we are saying the same thing.

I agree, that was his intention - as the saying is common, and perhaps used incorrectly.

I think more of Geript than to scum slip and actually imply VE is busy in the QT - so easily.

Regardless, I didnt want to make an inference so early on; so went straight to the source.
The whole question is voided now, but it was never a big deal in the first place. <3
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 05 2013 07:11 GMT
#689
On April 05 2013 16:10 Mocsta wrote:
The whole question is voided now, but it was never a big deal in the first place. <3

Which brings me to another question: Why even bring it up then? Like, what purpose did it serve, if you already didn't think it was a scumslip?
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
April 05 2013 07:11 GMT
#690
On April 05 2013 16:02 Keirathi wrote:
and instead of hiding in the background without particularly doing anything.

This is what he meant.

But "behind the scenes" typically refers to a context based on manipulation beyond common knowledge.

Or whatever.. as I said, we saying the same thing.. Lets move on pl0x
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
April 05 2013 07:14 GMT
#691
On April 05 2013 16:11 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 16:10 Mocsta wrote:
The whole question is voided now, but it was never a big deal in the first place. <3

Which brings me to another question: Why even bring it up then? Like, what purpose did it serve, if you already didn't think it was a scumslip?

The purpose I suggested one sentence above that line.

I didnt want to make an inference so early on, so went straight to the source.

If we start filling in the gaps now; we will never figure out the scum team.. that is what they want us to do, and how we become tunneled.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 05 2013 07:18 GMT
#692
I think it's the opposite of how we become tunneled :o People who tunnel generally see one thing they think is scummy and confirmation bias into everything being scummy. Not important conversation though.

Anyways, I'm going to sleep. G'nite.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 05 2013 07:20 GMT
#693
Keir, I don't think Rayn is worth pursuing at the moment. I will reread when sober, but I doubt my opinion will change.

In teh mean time, while I am asleep due to copious amounts of whiskey, please do look at Meapak and give a thought on his alignment.

I encourage all of town to do this, actually, because I'm gonna push for his lynch D1.
Writer@WriterYamato
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
April 05 2013 07:22 GMT
#694
On April 05 2013 16:20 yamato77 wrote:
I encourage all of town to do this, actually, because I'm gonna push for his lynch D1.

I already can endorse that.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 05 2013 07:22 GMT
#695
On April 05 2013 03:01 Caller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 02:59 geript wrote:
@Caller what do you think of my plan?
@All Would everyone be okay if I came up with a set of 5 pods of rolls and the pods to be selected from in specific picks? I'd expect some feedback and editing on them.

don't care about plans

fos keirathi

Where'd this come from? I don't see why you think Keirathi is scum anywhere in your filter, this is the first mention with Ctrl+F through your filter, please tell me what I'm not seeing that makes Keirathi scum. Your scum reads are basically on the people who are ignoring you, so I want to get some clarity about at least Keirathi and Yamato if it's not too much trouble. Thanks.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
April 05 2013 07:27 GMT
#696
Man, my plan was to pick justice vig if somebody ruined my 1,1 pick.

Now that I can't, I have to pick something. Somehow town wants to avoid people picking the awesome roles because they are afraid it could be scum picking them? TBH that seems a bit off. Also the whole "Deny scum" picks seem sketchy since High-drafing scum can "Deny" them to town by picking them. Unless you guys want a complete announcement of who is picking what beforehand (which would actually be pretty sweet IMO but I don't think we have time to arrange it. The reason it would be sweet is because Scum are already less likely to get vanilla'd, so it might help to get town as juiced as possible).

PS I haven't watched any Boardwalk Empire so it's kinda hard for me to figure out what power might be more powerful in my hands. I'll re-read the list with that in mind.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
April 05 2013 07:27 GMT
#697
Just woke up. I took [11] [1] by the way.
Will give the thread a thorough readthrough in the afternoon. No time now.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
April 05 2013 07:30 GMT
#698
I didnt even think of this 'proposed' scumslip.

Mocsta. GET USED TO IT

No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
April 05 2013 07:32 GMT
#699
On April 05 2013 16:27 Sn0_Man wrote:
Man, my plan was to pick justice vig if somebody ruined my 1,1 pick.

Now that I can't, I have to pick something. Somehow town wants to avoid people picking the awesome roles because they are afraid it could be scum picking them? TBH that seems a bit off. Also the whole "Deny scum" picks seem sketchy since High-drafing scum can "Deny" them to town by picking them. Unless you guys want a complete announcement of who is picking what beforehand (which would actually be pretty sweet IMO but I don't think we have time to arrange it. The reason it would be sweet is because Scum are already less likely to get vanilla'd, so it might help to get town as juiced as possible).

PS I haven't watched any Boardwalk Empire so it's kinda hard for me to figure out what power might be more powerful in my hands. I'll re-read the list with that in mind.


Well the point of this is that with 1KP, scum benefits much more than town with good roles.
So the top picks should deny those scum benefit roles, and if they use them. INSTANT FUCKING LYNCH YOUR FACE.
No gg, No skill.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
April 05 2013 07:35 GMT
#700
On April 05 2013 15:19 ObviousOne wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hey Mocsta! I'll direct this question to you and Yamato since he's all AMA right now.

I have two games played together with Vivax (LX and Fruity) and I was interested in getting a preliminary read on him based on what we've seen so far. I did a (pretty weak) meta case on him in LX and I have a not-entirely-unfamiliar handle on his play, but I wanted to see if my read agreed with yours.

Surprisingly he's been talking a lot of sense, but he's got Rayn as his #1 town read according to his filter:
On April 05 2013 03:19 Vivax wrote:
Supporting gonzaw and rayn for high picks so far. Objections?

I suggest everyone makes a list of his top 5 townreads to send in highest numbers, and we find the ones most agree on.

If there's someone mostly suggesting scum in his list, we will find out later.

That's why scum will try to stop this plan.

1. Rayn
2. Gonzaw
3. Vivax (duh)
4.-5. : To find out.

It seems the reason for this was because Rayn's opinion was that there was a low likelihood of there being scum in the most active/outspoken of townies for D1. This doesn't seem to jive with the concept that people are being active/outspoken about disagreeing that we should have had a plan to begin with. Each time I read the next quote I get more and more confused about what Vivax is actually saying here, to be honest. It seems as though Vivax is reading Rayn as town because Rayn is active/engaged, but Rayn is conversely suspicious of people who are active and engaged. Is this some kind of process of elimination or how did Vivax form his read? I'm not seeing it...
On April 05 2013 02:50 Vivax wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 05 2013 02:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 02:43 Vivax wrote:
It's ok caller, just means you will be the last one along with the designated elected townie mofo you'll contest. Hurt yourself bro.

I'll take a look at your options there. Seems like you like to pick the most active ones, but need to check if they're actually proposing malicious ideas. Disagreed on some stuff with sharrant, for example. It's like he wanted to leave "dangerous" roles open for scum.

It doesn't matter if they proposed good or bad ideas. Mafia is probably not going to push any ideas at all (because they all have a backdoor - because there are so many roles). Everyone pushing ideas regardless if they are good/bad are probably town at this point, especially the guys who are pushing ultimately bad ideas. :D



I would probably support you as candidate cause I don't think that there can be mostly mafia among the most active and engaged candidates you proposed, so that makes you look quite townie.

##Pick #1: Rayn


I guess I should extend this question to Vivax as well, then. Vivax, does your town read on Rayn waver at all based on what I've demonstrated before (that Rayn's scum reads are all people pushing against the current/trending of town's intentions during pre-picks). Moc, Yam, do you think Vivax' town read of Rayn is unfounded? Maybe you can explain it better than I understand it since I could be misinterpreting it.

Matey, I did not forget about you.

I am in agreement with your thoughts. His filter reads nice at the start; and then has some peculiarities where I can not follow the logic.
e.g. the rationale for Rayn as a #1 pick.
Or that, he agrees with Rayns top 5.. yet his own Top 5 only has Rayn as a commanality??

This is nitpicking, but even small comments like
On April 05 2013 03:37 Vivax wrote:
Sadly, RO's wasn't a scumclaim. He could just shut up or lie about agreeing with sending in the right numbers while he doesn't.
Why is it sad Rayn was going off nothing? etc

So, I think it is best for Vivax to come in and explain himself.
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 210 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 10201
StarCastTV_EN275
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 12397
Bisu 4182
FanTaSy 3240
Jaedong 1309
BeSt 852
actioN 622
EffOrt 514
Horang2 485
Larva 298
Leta 240
[ Show more ]
Zeus 210
Barracks 162
Dewaltoss 119
Mind 108
JYJ 80
Mong 76
scan(afreeca) 71
ToSsGirL 62
Sexy 61
sorry 53
Killer 45
Free 40
Shinee 40
Aegong 37
sSak 34
soO 32
Bale 31
HiyA 20
yabsab 13
Sacsri 8
Hyuk 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe262
XaKoH 129
Counter-Strike
byalli829
x6flipin61
Other Games
singsing1979
olofmeister1062
Lowko294
crisheroes276
Pyrionflax194
KnowMe121
dupreeh100
B2W.Neo66
Livibee52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
StarCraft 2
WardiTV14
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1106
Other Games
• WagamamaTV169
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
11m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 11m
Replay Cast
12h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 11m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.