• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:30
CEST 23:30
KST 06:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8233 users

RED Team's Prize - Page 145

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 153 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 03 2013 16:33 GMT
#2881
It's 6-2, assuming it's 4-2 tomorrow we can lynch sinani for 4-1 (or 4-0), I can't believe prplhz would have 3KP lying around
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
April 03 2013 16:34 GMT
#2882
i could also not give a gun to anyone and then you could lynch me tomorrow
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 03 2013 16:34 GMT
#2883
That doesn't work because of the same restriction that I told you about the other day but still can't elaborate on.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
April 03 2013 16:35 GMT
#2884
oh come on
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 03 2013 16:35 GMT
#2885
Fine, then we lynch prplhz first, whatever

stop looking at the game if it's a problem, I'm not gambling the game away because you're too crazy to go do something else for a few days
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
April 03 2013 16:41 GMT
#2886
On April 04 2013 00:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Hapa: Are you able to get into the Mason QT in 4 hours from now?


Uh yah, what about it?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
April 03 2013 16:42 GMT
#2887
On April 04 2013 01:35 marvellosity wrote:
Fine, then we lynch prplhz first, whatever

stop looking at the game if it's a problem, I'm not gambling the game away because you're too crazy to go do something else for a few days

But it's so hard! My mind keeps pulling me back here when I try to go do something else!

In all seriousness, I absolutely agree with you. I would play the "smart" way every single time.

Not even sure why I brought it up, really. Just because I think I'm right I guess. It just makes more sense to play to 4 scum and then be happy when the game ends at 3 than it does to play to 3 scum and lose afterwards.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 03 2013 16:44 GMT
#2888
I've already compartmentalised this game away. Like, if s&b/Hapa are mafia or something somehow, then we're gonna lose

If mafia are in the group we're looking at, then we're gonna win, and if we don't win there's nothing we can do about it anyway

que sera sera
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 03 2013 17:12 GMT
#2889
On April 04 2013 01:41 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2013 00:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Hapa: Are you able to get into the Mason QT in 4 hours from now?


Uh yah, what about it?

I need to talk to you about something. I'm around now if you are.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
April 03 2013 17:14 GMT
#2890
Okey. I'm on my phone, but I could talk some
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 03 2013 17:52 GMT
#2891
On April 04 2013 01:18 Keirathi wrote:
Alright so I couldn't fall asleep last night because I couldn't quit running through this game in my head, and I came to a realization:

I honestly think we are in a 3 scum setup

I'm 99.99999% sure that all of our "confirmed townies" are actually town. I'm 99% sure that sinani is scum.

But what about rayn and prplhz?

I'm not going to lie, I could sit down and almost certainly write a solid case about why either of them could be scum. But, gods honest simple truth of the matter is that I have a town read on both of them. Rather large town reads, all truth be told. Because as much as I could nitpick at little things they've SAID, their ACTIONS all point to townie. If either of them are scum they're just playing the silliest scum game of all time. Everything they've done points towards town.

So what does that mean, Keir?

It means we have 2 options.

We can 99.9999% guarantee our chance to win by following my plan from earlier. Prplhz kills rayn, rayn shotchecks sinani. Then we lynch prplhz/sinani in order and win the game.

Second option, assuming I'm right about 3 player scum team, is prplhz and rayn both gun for sinani tonight. Either game over tonight, or we lynch sinani tomorrow and game over then. The obvious downside to this approach is that if I AM wrong about only 3 scum, then we probably lose.

It's up to you guys, really. But I figured I would throw it out there for people to think about, because this game is draining my sanity and I want to see it finished.

Why not have prplhz give the gun to marv/s&b? If they get a gun, we lynch sinani and maybe win. If they did not, we lynch prplhz. If they die instead, we lynch sinani/prplhz.

If a townie got a gun, they shoot prplhz the next night. prplhz shoots me, one of us has to be mafia either way.
How is that worse than killing a guy who would be playing a worst scum game ever if they were scum. Town telling people to shoot town is just retarded, because if someone can honestly say "raynpelikoneet has proven his role and yes, there is a chance he is playing that stupid as mafioso" they are incredibly dumb.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
April 03 2013 17:57 GMT
#2892
Rayn is claimed town with an additional win-condition in the Mason QT. I'm still parsing it a bit, so I'll give more complete thoughts soon.

+ Show Spoiler +

144
BLFG
04-03-2013
01:53 PM ET (US)
You can do it if you want. I'm not going to do that because it makes the game much much more difficult to win for the town.

143
Hapahauli
04-03-2013
01:48 PM ET (US)
Well I'll be up-front. You can claim your role, or I can do it for you. Like yourself, I'll be playing to my win-condition, and that means making all information available in-thread.

142
Hapahauli
04-03-2013
01:47 PM ET (US)
Well if you claim in the thread, you have a chance. Maybe not a good one, but a chance.

But honestly, your argument as presented doesn't go over very well. You're basically telling me that you win with town, but you're going to screw over town unless you get what you want.

141
BLFG
04-03-2013
01:46 PM ET (US)
I don't really want you to do anything, because i think there is nothing that can be done. I'm just telling you this because if you live past night you can tell the town who shot Cora so they do not have to be guessing.

140
BLFG
04-03-2013
01:45 PM ET (US)
I pretty much can't convince the town because they are already convinced that is the best strategy. I can't claim, because it gives more opportunities to mafia. And nobody will believe me anyways because i am not "confirmed". Which is kinda silly because nobody is confirmed (except Keir/Cora to me). I think there is even a little chance that OO just misread something in his N1 results and marv is scum. I don't think marv's ideas have been pretty good after N2.

139
Hapahauli
04-03-2013
01:41 PM ET (US)
So what do you want me to do then? There's nothing I can do about it. Your only shot is to convince the town yourself.

138
BLFG
04-03-2013
01:40 PM ET (US)
"Well if you get shot and don't shoot a townie, mafia loses. "

I know but i can't possibly win. Because when i get shot there is like 1% chance there are 2 deaths the next night phase and mafia had to shoot both Keir/Cora. I have to rely on so many things happening only one possible way it's really really impossible for me to win if i don't shoot now.

137
BLFG
04-03-2013
01:38 PM ET (US)
Because honestly, that would be the best strategy whoever of us three is/are mafia. There is no harm in doing so. But town telling people to shoot town is just retarded, because if someone can honestly say "raynpelikoneet has proven his role and yes, there is a chance he is playing that stupid as mafioso" they are incredibly dumb.

136
Hapahauli
04-03-2013
01:37 PM ET (US)
Well if you get shot and don't shoot a townie, mafia loses.

135
BLFG
04-03-2013
01:36 PM ET (US)
That's why i have been so in favor of prplhz giving the gun to a vanilla townie last couple of days..

134
BLFG
04-03-2013
01:33 PM ET (US)
I thought about claiming this but i came to conclusion that either:
1) noone is going to believe me and i get mislynched and mafia wins, or
2) i become a mafia weapon

So it's pretty much a lose-lose situation for me and the town. :/

133
Hapahauli
04-03-2013
01:30 PM ET (US)
Well the only way you're not gonna get killed tonight is if you convince the town to leave you alive.

132
BLFG
04-03-2013
01:28 PM ET (US)
But if i bring this up in thread, mafia knows im telling the truth and adjust their kills. After all they know what they can do and they could find a way to somehow manage to win even with 1 KP (mislynch me, make some bullshit shots so i have to shoot people). I think my best bet is that mafia kills one of you/Keir and me. I obviously kill Cora because you/Keir are much more valuable. I HOPE i die and mafia shoots Keir, then they have 1 KP the following night and they kill you and marv + s&b lynch the remaining mafia.

131
Hapahauli
04-03-2013
01:26 PM ET (US)
And I will bring his up to the thread if you don't... No hard feelings, but if you're intent on playing to your win- con to the bitter end, I'll do the same.

130
Hapahauli
04-03-2013
01:24 PM ET (US)
Huh that's weird. Well there's not much I can say really. It looks like you've made up your mind to shoot someone, so w/ e.

Your best shot is to bring this up to the thread. I can't be of much individual help

129
BLFG
04-03-2013
01:23 PM ET (US)
I'd appreciate if you didn't talk about this in thread whatever happens because i basically become a mafia weapon if they know about this.

128
BLFG
04-03-2013
01:19 PM ET (US)
The thing is i have a special victory condition. I win with the town but I can't win unless all the PM-guys are dead @ endgame. I am not going to play against my wincon even if it makes the game much harder for the town. So basically as prplhz is going to shoot me i have to shoot one of you three. There is no way for me to win if only one of you dies tonight and i die.

So it's going to be LYLO the next day and ggnore if scum have 2 KP the following night (assuming 3 ppl die tonight).

I have thought about this the whole day and i can't find a better solution for me to win as i'm going to die tonight.

127
Hapahauli
04-03-2013
01:15 PM ET (US)
What's up?

126
BLFG
04-03-2013
01:10 PM ET (US)
Hey Hapa tell me when you are around.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 03 2013 17:59 GMT
#2893
Okay this means prplhz has to kill me now.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
April 03 2013 18:01 GMT
#2894
It doesn't mean that prplhz has to do anything. It means that you should convince us you're telling the truth.

Floor is yours.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 03 2013 18:03 GMT
#2895
rayn must die. Immediately.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 03 2013 18:03 GMT
#2896
On April 04 2013 03:01 Hapahauli wrote:
It doesn't mean that prplhz has to do anything. It means that you should convince us you're telling the truth.

Floor is yours.

I doens't mean what i say. I just became a threat to town as mafia can adjust their kills in a way i am helping them if i'm alive. :/
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 03 2013 18:04 GMT
#2897
On April 04 2013 03:03 marvellosity wrote:
rayn must die. Immediately.

agreed.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
April 03 2013 18:04 GMT
#2898
But there are two things I take issue with:

1) One of your primary reasons for not claiming was because "Mafia could use the information to their benefit." However I don't see this at all. The only way this makes sense is if mafia was planning to NK Cora, and will all respect to him, there's no way he'd be getting shot over marv, Kei, or myself.

2) Your appeal to me makes very little sense. You claim you have a town-wincon, but propose screwing over the town because you want to fulfill your alternate win-con. It's not very coherent.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
April 03 2013 18:05 GMT
#2899
EBWOP: It doesn't matter what i say...
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
April 03 2013 18:06 GMT
#2900
If you're telling the truth about your role, that's really unfortunate, because that should be considered a 3rd party role (of which none should exist in this game).
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 153 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O96
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 99
Railgan 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15469
Dewaltoss 165
ZZZero.O 118
firebathero 115
Hyuk 90
Terrorterran 21
Dota 2
febbydoto47
League of Legends
Doublelift3513
Counter-Strike
Fnx 785
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5628
crisheroes870
Other Games
summit1g7179
FrodaN2534
fl0m794
mouzStarbuck333
KnowMe294
ToD241
ArmadaUGS104
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1155
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 73
• Hupsaiya 24
• musti20045 20
• Adnapsc2 16
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 50
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen121
Other Games
• imaqtpie842
• Shiphtur222
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 31m
INu's Battles
14h 31m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 31m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 31m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.