• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:40
CEST 03:40
KST 10:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9259 users

Looney Lynching Mini Mafia - Page 41

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 103 Next
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
October 14 2012 14:02 GMT
#801
SO sick, will be back later
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
October 14 2012 16:00 GMT
#802
On October 14 2012 22:22 da0ud wrote:
It would be 100% dumb for mafia people not to be around at deadline and not to try to hide their intentions while voting ON when he knows his fate is doomed.
I would look for scum people within the ones here around deadline and trying to put focus on Sandrosa... Only kush, austin and prplhz were here. I cannot see how prplhz could be scum because he is the one who actually changed the fate of Sand.
Then we have austin putting extra 3 useless votes on ON...

Scummy defense.

Firstly you are misrepresenting how that lynch went down. You are misrepresenting it in a way that attacks me and someone who I think is town and defends someone who I think is scum.

Your defense: this is obviously what scum would do! I didn't do it so I'm not scum.
There are a million reasons why scum wouldn't be around for deadline. To say that both scum MUST have been around at deadline is another misrepresentation that even the biggest newbie would not believe.

Reread the thread before the lynch on ON. Keep in mind that Austin gave me 3 of his votes. After you do that tell me what you think of prplhze. Also who is your biggest scumread?
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 14 2012 16:09 GMT
#803
On October 14 2012 22:26 da0ud wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2012 21:51 kushm4sta wrote:
On October 11 2012 14:38 da0ud wrote:
* Let say we are 9 townies, 3 mafia.
* One of the mafia supports the "weird" guy (who is the only one who reads the theme of the game :D)
* Let's assume this guy is now 40% following the conviction of the manipulator.
* Town is now made of 3.4 mafia vs 8.6 townies, and the plague is spreading.

This is first time scum?
Yeah math can be an indication of scum wanting to appear active, but keep in mind this was an explanation that I requested. I don't think first time scum would try to fake this level of newbie paranoia.

On October 11 2012 15:14 da0ud wrote:
Out of topic question : are you all in bed ?

I will be super not busy for the next 4hrs. Please ALL wake up !!

Look how eager he is to interact. As scum I would think he'd be more afraid.


Haha.


I'd lynch you for just this post lol
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
October 14 2012 16:25 GMT
#804
never again will I say someone is too newb to be scum. Newbs can roll scum just as easy.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 14 2012 16:34 GMT
#805
yes sand is right we lynch da0 then prp
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
October 14 2012 16:39 GMT
#806
On October 14 2012 11:02 prplhz wrote:
well at least i don't have to bother with defending myself now

What exactly is this post supposed to mean?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 14 2012 16:41 GMT
#807
if anyone has more doubts about da0.... remember who ON panic voted? It was djo in the djo vs da0 MU
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
October 14 2012 16:51 GMT
#808
On October 15 2012 01:34 thrawn2112 wrote:
yes sand is right we lynch da0 then prp

don't forget mmt if needed

This should work out, but you never know, might be one hard busser on the team.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 14 2012 16:52 GMT
#809
More reason to go after da0ud:
First off, I think ET is almost guaranteed town because of this:
On October 12 2012 02:23 EchelonTee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2012 11:30 OriginalName wrote:
Echelon:

Truthfully speaking, started out fine even with that completely irrelievent "Scumslip" (Once again reiterating- it's not a slip) however after those nice starting posts he moves towards really low content uninteresting posts that are completely meaningless "IM HELPING TOWN" posts that show hes posting but adds nothing to discussion vote counts.

In my experience, if I don't react strongly to accusations, no matter how inane or small, it just bogs down town because people are wasting time talking about me. I'm not mad; I just want to shut down your weak accusations now so that if you are town, we can work together without lingering misconceptions. I'm not seeking to shut down discussion, but I will be extremely dismissive towards cases on me as they are wrong, and in this case bad.


This on the other hand REALLY irks me, he says he reacts strongly to accusations and then right after we decided he wasnt as worth it and moved on he completely drops off the map again. THAT friends unlike my complete absence is scumlurk, throwing of heat and then ignoring us.

You have got to be fricking kidding me. Look at my filter. Then yours. I am being low content????

Are you freaking serious? No seriously, coming from THE #1 lurker of Round 1? I don't even understand how you can possibly argue this. This is plain old terrible disruption. You could at least try to look townie. You have done literally nothing to try and help town, and are easily my top pick for champion. This isn't your first game by any respect, you have no newbie excuse.

This interaction does not feel like a bus at all to me.

Given the knowledge that ON is scum, I'm town, and my townread on ET, I'm finding good reason to pursue a scum read on da0ud in this post below from ET:
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2012 00:12 EchelonTee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2012 18:06 da0ud wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Trying to get some reads/assocation of people from previous votes.

1) Only ET has been twice voting for someone he would face in the next round. Djo in the first round when he had a BYE and kush in second. If he was a scum, I would them believe Djo and kush are not. Because at first glance it doesnt seem logic to vote for your mate so that one of you for sure would advance to the next round. He is the only one who has ever voted on the next potential opponent.

2) on Mementoss : he seems to be throwing away votes on as many people as possible and of oppisite logic. Already voted for 4 people which is the most of all of us. First round he votes for Djo and kush to make them move to the next round on their respective matches. But when they move on he decides to now vote on none of them but even worse voting for their opponents in the matchups hence actually totally changing his mind on them and now backing them up. Should have voted again for them to follow his initial logic.

3) Austin looks too unconcerned after being saved on the first round, He hasn't voted anyone in the second round. Looks to me more like a scum who now hides to get us to forget about him. To me a townie, even saved should continue to be implicated in the votes in order to gather as much information as possible on other players.

Please let me know your thoughts....

1.) I don't disagree with your logic, but an example like that shouldn't be a hard association. Remember those were early rounds; a scum putting votes on his buddies in those rounds allows him to distance himself from them (a good scum tactic) while not endangering them too much.

2.) I disagree; people can change their mind as the game develops, and Mementoss has been fairly open, and clearly posted why he changed his logic.

3.) I think the fact that Austin didn't vote in the 2nd round is a bit strange. Not a huge tell, but IMO townies should be involved in at least a few of the matchups per round, for the reason you stated.


Show nested quote +
On October 12 2012 16:59 da0ud wrote:
H1 vs ON :
It bothers me as well that ON doesnt seem to care very much and has posted only a few messages. Most of them being useless (like his phone being dead for 24hrs, the panic votes). Since then nothing has been posted and I agree that it seems odd for someone from town not to participate in the lynching process as it is its only real way of finding scum. 1. I would expect even more a townie to participate if he is still on for lynching.
It makes sense for mafia not to worry about advancing if his accomplices do manage to save him at any future round.
H1 posts seems pretty coherent i am maybe too newbie to have a good read out of it. 2. I haven't played no game with any of you in the past, and i actually don't really want to because i want to make myself an opinion out of your posts and not ur behaviour in other games.

This post is pretty strange from you. You spent a fairly long post (listed above) detailing your opinions on 3 players, in an organized listed manner. But when it comes to 1der vs ON, a matchup that actually is in play right now, you are much more unclear and hesitant.

1. This point doesn't really hold; you say that a townie who is still in the running for a lynch would probably be more active, which is true. But a scum who is up for lynch would also probably be more active, compared to if he wasn't up for lynch. While I have my own reasons for being suspicious of ON, your logic here is a lot less laid out then your previous points.

2. It's not ok to put down an opinion, then say "well I'm not so sure because I'm a newbie". It seems like you're trying to shy away from responsibility for your actions. Especially because you are more assertive in other posts.

If you could make a more definitive stance on 1der/ON, that would be nice.


thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 14 2012 16:56 GMT
#810
this
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
October 14 2012 17:11 GMT
#811
ET im almost sure is town, I was wrong. There would be no reason for him to stack ON when he had been on hopeless1ders case all day.

Austin you make some good associative tells with me and ON, but the fact is I was wrong. Townies are more likely to be wrong because they don't know everything like scum does. Also, it woulda been really easy for me to just throw all my votes on sandroba because I had been expressing my thoughts that he was scum in round 2 and it woulda followed. I decided I wasn't confident enough to lynch him and lynched the safer target ON. Also, that last part of your post about you thinking I'm scum every game is funny because its so true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 14 2012 17:14 GMT
#812
Day 2

(Usual disclaimer about flavor and lack of clues and stuff. Nothing in this post is intended to be informative.)

Sandroba was on the prowl. He was looking for more scum to try and take down. He was pretty sure he was on the right track, and he began making preparations for the next kill.



Sadly, it didn't work out so well.

sandroba, the vanilla townie has been blown to smithereens in his sleep.

And all the toons... well, I doubt they woke up, since they only sleep for dramatic effect as a rule.


+ Show Spoiler [Role PM] +

Welcome to Looney Lynching Mini Mafia. You are a vanilla town! You win when all anti-town players have been eliminated.


Today's Lynch Mechanic is Hot Potato.
A random player will start with the hot potato. They may pass it to another player via the voting thread (Example, ##Vote JingleHell). Whoever holds the hot potato must wait a minimum of two(2) hours to pass it to another player. (By the way, please keep clutter in the vote thread to a minimum, no "fake" passes.)

After an unspecified (to you) duration, the hot potato will blow up, insta-killing whoever has it at the time (via normal lynch mechanics).

Each player will have one "Hide" ability. To use it, type ##Hide in the voting thread. A player who is hiding may not be the next person to receive the potato. Only 3 people may hide per pass of the potato, first come, first served.

If your 2 hours holding the potato have not yet completed, you may ##Vote as normal, to be completed after the two hours have passed, so you don't have to stare at the thread incessantly.

kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
October 14 2012 17:21 GMT
#813
Special thanks to Kurumi for allowing us to borrow one of his potatoes for this round.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 14 2012 17:24 GMT
#814
On October 15 2012 02:14 JingleHell wrote:
After an unspecified (to you) duration, the hot potato will blow up, insta-killing whoever has it at the time (via normal lynch mechanics).

I very much enjoy this sentence.
Fe fi fo fum.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
October 14 2012 17:52 GMT
#815
gg sandroba.

So...we wait until Hiro comes in guns blazing?

Austin, am I missing something or does the potato just...blow up and we have no control/knowledge of when?
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
October 14 2012 18:23 GMT
#816
I don't think I get this potato mechanic. Whoever has the potato when the mods randomly decide that the round is over gets lynched?
Prpl and douad pass it back between yourselves I guess?
I feel bad for the mods who have thought up all these crazy lynch mechanics that won't get to be used.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
October 14 2012 18:26 GMT
#817
Does each player only have one hide for the duration of the Day?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
October 14 2012 18:28 GMT
#818
On October 15 2012 03:26 EchelonTee wrote:
Does each player only have one hide for the duration of the Day?


Yes.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
October 14 2012 18:28 GMT
#819
On October 15 2012 03:23 kushm4sta wrote:
I don't think I get this potato mechanic. Whoever has the potato when the mods randomly decide that the round is over gets lynched?
Prpl and douad pass it back between yourselves I guess?
I feel bad for the mods who have thought up all these crazy lynch mechanics that won't get to be used.

On the contrary this mechanic is rly painful for town. The scum can hide so they won't get the bomb some round. If da0ud is actually scum then he'll just pass the potato to anyone without a care, and if we don't get lucky with timing, then a townie might blow up out of pure dumb luck.

This lynch mechanic is extremely bad for town and I guess all we can do is hope for the best.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 14 2012 18:31 GMT
#820
On October 15 2012 02:52 Hopeless1der wrote:
gg sandroba.

So...we wait until Hiro comes in guns blazing?

Austin, am I missing something or does the potato just...blow up and we have no control/knowledge of when?

You're not missing anything. I just like that the exploding hot potato kills someone "via normal lynch mechanics."

Not usually what I have in mind when picturing a lynch. I don't know if the explosion transforms the potato into a rope, or if normal lynches are actually effected via secret potato explosion.
Fe fi fo fum.
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 103 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft483
CranKy Ducklings54
EnkiAlexander 10
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft483
CosmosSc2 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2237
Artosis 607
Dota 2
monkeys_forever674
Counter-Strike
taco 282
Coldzera 47
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox445
Other Games
summit1g8394
JimRising 640
C9.Mang0356
Day[9].tv345
Maynarde154
ViBE146
Livibee62
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1064
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream115
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv345
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 20m
Stellar Fest
11h 20m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.