• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:31
CEST 10:31
KST 17:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9442 users

Death Note Mini Mafia - Page 51

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 06 2012 05:13 GMT
#1001
Mmhm, I think me picking up on "townies don't think like this" was alright (considering he was L), but I should've considered the guy was a blue. Geebus that was bad.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 06 2012 05:13 GMT
#1002
General rule: Marv should be a policy lynch if he's alive past D3 =/
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
September 06 2012 05:20 GMT
#1003
Being L had nothing to do with how I played day 1.
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
September 06 2012 05:23 GMT
#1004
It turns out I was just completely lost the entire game -_-;;
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 05:57:41
September 06 2012 05:53 GMT
#1005
What a painful game to read. Should have lynched marvel when he claimed L's right hand for no reason
BlackMamba24
Profile Joined August 2012
United States277 Posts
September 06 2012 05:59 GMT
#1006
On September 06 2012 14:13 Hapahauli wrote:
Mmhm, I think me picking up on "townies don't think like this" was alright (considering he was L), but I should've considered the guy was a blue. Geebus that was bad.

yeah but you didn't have a case not even like one single point against him

nothing he did or said was untownlike or scummy
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
September 06 2012 07:09 GMT
#1007
On September 06 2012 14:53 syllogism wrote:
What a painful game to read. Should have lynched marvel when he claimed L's right hand for no reason


?? He WAS L's right hand. I think Hiropro would have protested if marv's claim was wrong.

That would have been the complete wrong reason to lynch him. There were enough hints before that that he was scum.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
September 06 2012 11:51 GMT
#1008
On September 06 2012 16:09 phagga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 14:53 syllogism wrote:
What a painful game to read. Should have lynched marvel when he claimed L's right hand for no reason


?? He WAS L's right hand. I think Hiropro would have protested if marv's claim was wrong.

That would have been the complete wrong reason to lynch him. There were enough hints before that that he was scum.

That's not the point, if you are town there is little reason to claim that, or at least I didn't see any reason unless he was instructed to do that by L
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 12:47:54
September 06 2012 12:04 GMT
#1009
Massive thanks to Zeph and the co-hosts for this game. Amazing setup, great time/dedication to making sure 24h days worked smoothly. Flavour was epic, I only provided themes (Mem's poo, Shady didn't read, fuba's bath of semen)

On September 06 2012 12:19 Zephirdd wrote:
post-game thoughts: Palmar lynch WAS FUCKING RIDICULOUS KTHX

I liked people's activity, but I was surprised that nobody realized marv was the kira when he wasn't contributing at all compared to other players. Node realized it too late. Z-Boson pointed marv/risen scum team on the post 51 of the QT, which was on day 2 IIRC.

I'm overall happy with the setup, even if it felt it was insanely hard for scum. It was, in fact, a town-favored setup. By a bit I might add, but anything would throw scum into deep hell.

Also, I loved strongandbig's claim. It was bad luck that palmar, the miller, flipped end game.

GG scum


Yes, Node was right. I did not make a single case all game. Just sheeped to varying degrees. Z-Boson picked up on how I didn't go after Risen which was also a tell.

On September 06 2012 12:21 HiroPro wrote:
eh, the balance is kinda changed by the fact that town has very little time to discuss anything.


Same with scum, though. As we can't scumhunt legitimately, it was hard not having downtime to work out what to do next.

EDIT: also, thinking about it, to win, I needed FOUR mislynches (inc. strongest townie day 1), town vigi hitting town, AND a townie modkill. Hard shit in a mini, man. Also good to see Zeph in obsQT realising that Vet for Hiro was maybe a bit much.

On September 06 2012 12:25 Zephirdd wrote:
True. it was a primary thought when creating the game. Originally, it was a 2-scum(14 players) setup, where one of them was the traitor, because I was so worried about the 24hr thing. GMarshal helped with the balance(as well as probulous and bluelightz), but ultimately the setup was still a bit town favored because scum kills were so hard to manage.

here's how they work:
1- You can only kill 24 hours after you PM the name of the person to die
2- If that person dies before it, you have to select someone else
3- if the kill fails somehow(medic/veteran), Kira can change the future scheduled kills
4- you can't change who is to die otherwise

This ended up causing a suboptimal kill in Shady Sands, for instance. Not that I don't like it, it was intended; it still makes life a hell.

It doesn't help that scum knows traitor is looking for them, but they can't recruit the traitor themselves. Plus the traitor has to hit Kira himself. Even if they were to play without caring about it, the mere knowledge of the fact impacts their play into being scummier than they should be.


I killed Shady just to be rid of him. But it was suboptimal.

Regarding the traitor, it's my main quibble with the setup. I found it slightly ludicrous that I could not recruit the traitor despite knowing who it was. Don't think that's the way it should be.

On September 06 2012 12:27 Zephirdd wrote:
2 millers Risen. ghost was a miller too

also I might add EVERYTHING went as wrongly as possible: HiroPro checked marv, who was godfather, and proceeded to waste a check in order to protect him on a cycle, as well as giving him the mason status and ultimately the M role, which made mkfuba use his ability to protect him.


This goes down to wp marv, I feel, infiltrating the town's consciousness (I got protected twice I think?).

On September 06 2012 13:22 BlackMamba24 wrote:
I'm kicking myself. Marvellosity was my top gut scumread near the end of day 1 but I was too lazy and felt it was too late to pursue it.

Show nested quote +
On August 31 2012 22:53 marvellosity wrote:
On August 31 2012 22:51 ghost_403 wrote:
Calm down, Hapa. Just because BMB wrote up a subpar case on Day 1 does not mean that he's scum. BMB (aka DoctorHelvetica) is very good at this game. I doubt that anyone can know his alignment quite yet, nevermind based on a single case he's presented on Day 1.

@BMB: You are DrH, right?


Why are you attacking Hapa for pressuring a pile of shit case?


This was the post that made me "know" in a sense. Lazy me can't accomplish much.



Then you got lucky. I would 100% post that as town. See above for what actually is alignment indicative. Edit: reading obsQT, significantly later you named like 5 possible scummers and I wasn't one of them. So meh.

On September 06 2012 14:53 syllogism wrote:
What a painful game to read. Should have lynched marvel when he claimed L's right hand for no reason


Also just dumb. I would have done the same as town. I always bring information I have to the thread.



Holy shit endgame flavour played to my ego.

Risen: I told you to keep the faith

Now, you may all bow down to your new master, Kira! gg <3
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 13:22:55
September 06 2012 13:22 GMT
#1010
This is why Marv is my Day 4 policy lynch. Shoulda followed through on that one :/

gg!

And huge thanks to the hosts ^^ I had a blast.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 14:09:08
September 06 2012 14:07 GMT
#1011
Marvellosity: that's just awful play then. That's not bringing town information that is actually useful, but rather revealing something that can only help mafia. Not much better than just randomly role claiming. Perhaps as town you would have considered it more and wouldn't have done it, I would hope so. So I would say lynching you for it is only "dumb" if we can assume you would play poorly as town.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 06 2012 14:09 GMT
#1012
On September 06 2012 23:07 syllogism wrote:
Marvellosity: that's just awful play then. That's not bringing town information that is actually useful, but rather revealing something that can only help mafia. Not much better than just randomly role claiming. Perhaps as town you would have considered it more and wouldn't have done it, I would hope so.


how does it help mafia?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
September 06 2012 14:12 GMT
#1013
On September 06 2012 23:09 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:07 syllogism wrote:
Marvellosity: that's just awful play then. That's not bringing town information that is actually useful, but rather revealing something that can only help mafia. Not much better than just randomly role claiming. Perhaps as town you would have considered it more and wouldn't have done it, I would hope so.


how does it help mafia?

They know that you are not L, assuming they believe you (townie would rarely lie about it in near lylo). Not sure how much you knew about L's role, but from what I understand the successors (that's what you were?) inherited some of his powers, so if L flips they would then see who got the powers. How did revealing that information to town at that point help at all?
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 06 2012 14:16 GMT
#1014
On September 06 2012 23:12 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:09 marvellosity wrote:
On September 06 2012 23:07 syllogism wrote:
Marvellosity: that's just awful play then. That's not bringing town information that is actually useful, but rather revealing something that can only help mafia. Not much better than just randomly role claiming. Perhaps as town you would have considered it more and wouldn't have done it, I would hope so.


how does it help mafia?

They know that you are not L, assuming they believe you (townie would rarely lie about it in near lylo). Not sure how much you knew about L's role, but from what I understand the successors (that's what you were?) inherited some of his powers, so if L flips they would then see who got the powers. How did revealing that information to town at that point help at all?


I became RHM long before lylo (previous one died day 2 i think?). Didn't know about successors at all, so that's a totally null point. From townie pov i'm bringing instructions from L to the thread without L having to reveal himself.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 14:22:15
September 06 2012 14:20 GMT
#1015
Okay, you still should have assumed the possibility of there being more to it than just "instructions" from L, not that any really ever came. Certainly it's possible for a townie to immediately and needlessly reveal information that can only hurt town, but it's far more likely for mafia to do that. If L had actually told you to post something, then revealing it would make more sense.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
September 06 2012 14:30 GMT
#1016
On September 06 2012 23:20 syllogism wrote:
Okay, you still should have assumed the possibility of there being more to it than just "instructions" from L, not that any really ever came. Certainly it's possible for a townie to immediately and needlessly reveal information that can only hurt town, but it's far more likely for mafia to do that. If L had actually told you to post something, then revealing it would make more sense.

That was the whole reason I believed Marv was town. Hiro checked him, it returned green, and never confronted Marv when he claimed right-hand. He was alive for more than long enough to do something about it if Marv had lied. Hiro was giving marv the words that 'confirmed' Hiro was L. I put way too much faith in that greencheck.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 06 2012 14:32 GMT
#1017
Fakeclaiming like that was pretty fun. I knew I was dead as soon as a real miller flipped, though - it was just unfortunate it happened with the first lynch. Still, I effectively traded for palmar and drh, and I'm pretty happy with that trade.

Also woohoo first win as scum!
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
September 06 2012 14:36 GMT
#1018
On September 06 2012 23:32 strongandbig wrote:
Fakeclaiming like that was pretty fun. I knew I was dead as soon as a real miller flipped, though - it was just unfortunate it happened with the first lynch. Still, I effectively traded for palmar and drh, and I'm pretty happy with that trade.

Also woohoo first win as scum!


When you posted that, I immediately thought you were town. Throughout the day, though, I was thinking "this guy doesn't look all that townie...", but without Palmar's flip, I wouldn't have done anything about it for at least a few more cycles. It was a good play!
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
September 06 2012 14:38 GMT
#1019
Also I would like to say certain player(s) didn't meet the "harsh" activity requirements of the game and I've to say I'm disappointed that they didn't get prodded about it. Why join a game that specifically demands you to be very active when you know you never are?
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 06 2012 15:41 GMT
#1020
I wish I had pulled off my L fakeclaim :/

FUCKING MAMBA AND L VIGI POWERS!!!! Rofl. I would have pulled it off, too. Node was with me, fuba would have been with me, last second marvel swap and boom. Scum just wins.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1062
Soulkey 246
Soma 215
sorry 144
Larva 111
Mind 72
ZerO 36
soO 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
scan(afreeca) 18
League of Legends
JimRising 600
Counter-Strike
edward245
Other Games
summit1g8473
singsing1119
WinterStarcraft697
Coldzera 682
Sick210
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick724
BasetradeTV220
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• LUISG 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2235
League of Legends
• Jankos1790
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 29m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.