• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:34
CEST 03:34
KST 10:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9367 users

Normal Mini Mafia II - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 13 Next All
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 09 2012 20:27 GMT
#607
On July 10 2012 00:30 slOosh wrote:
Yo MrZentor,

I (slOosh), the main pusher for the Sinensis lynch, has decided he is looking townish even in light of everything I said D1. Clearly there is reason behind this. I'm not there to piggyback off anymore.


I looooove reading the thread
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 09 2012 20:50 GMT
#616
Gonna post on Zentor shortly. Just need to do my homework on it first.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 09 2012 21:12 GMT
#618
Why marvelbabe thinks Zentorpoopants is scummyscumscum

It's a nice combination of reasons of actions this game and a little bit of meta. First of all Zentor says Sinensis is 'suspicious' and only after being prodded does he reveal it's because he is being 'cautious, lurky scum'. Ok that's fine. Events later in the lynch aren't so favourable. He never deigns to tell us why drwiggl3s is a bad lynch at all, he just tells us Sinensis is more likely to flip scum. No reasoning given either way. His posts towards the end of the day amount to telling town we're stupid for voting how we are, but without actually trying to convince us otherwise. There is also the fact that he tried to claim credit for the Sinensis wagon when actually he didn't lead the wagon at all, slOosh did.

Then comes the episode a little earlier today. He comes in with a vote on Sinensis straight off the bat. But he doesn't tell us why. I quiz him on it, and for some reason he refuses to tell me - I point out that clearly Sinensis is NOT being cautious and lurky, which were his original reasons. All I get back is that his transition out of this phase was 'extremely scummy'. Not a reason at all. He's riding this wagon to make it look like he's doing something. Eventually after extremely heavy pressure from me he caves and makes a "case" but for me it is too late by then.

In Emergency Mafia he never didn't tell people why he was lynching people. There was proper analysis of his lynch candidates (to an extent). I also found it an interesting psychological moment earlier in the game when he said this:

On July 07 2012 07:28 MrZentor wrote:
Prphlz is being a reckless townie.

Sinensis is being a cautious, lurky scum. (A lot like my scum play actually)

Forgot to do this earlier. ##Vote: Sinensis


The bit in brackets. Of course it could be completely innocent, but I think it betrays his mindset this game - trying very hard not to be so, and condemning someone else for it. Also note his point of view on prplhz - reckless townie. Arguably what Sinensis has turned into, but we're not treated to the distinction.

Most of all though, I'd like to draw similarities between comments here and in Bang Bang where he was Serial Killer. I first got a scumread on Zentor after a little exchange we had:

On June 16 2012 00:17 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2012 00:11 MrZentor wrote:
Toad, Payl, and Rastaban are extremely suspicious.

I think we should have Rastaban shoot Toad, but I would also be willing to shoot any one of them to prove I have a gun.


I know it seems like I'm obsessed with Toad right now, but I see no mention from you in your filter of ANY suspicions of Toad. So explain.


On June 16 2012 00:35 MrZentor wrote:
A lot of people have talked about their suspicions of toad and their reasons. He seems like the best target right now.

If I were to tell you why Toad is mafia, I'd be copying a bunch of other people.



And here:

On July 10 2012 00:23 MrZentor wrote:
If I'm going to provide "adequate reason" I'll probably end up copying BlueLight's case, because he showed why Sinensis is scum much better than I ever could.

How is that helpful to anyone?

If you really want me to reiterate the case against Sinensis, you're just going to be wasting everybody's time.


In Bang Bang his read on Toad mysteriously appeared and his natural reaction when quizzed was "other people have said it". Compare to here where he also abdicates responsibility for giving a reason for his reads on the basis that other people have said it.

Zentor is scum.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 09 2012 21:27 GMT
#621
What's that even in response to?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 09 2012 21:52 GMT
#625
"I've been far more generous with my explanations this game" - rofl!
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 09 2012 22:13 GMT
#628
"cautious and lurky" into "extremely scummy" is not 'extremely generous with explanations'

"You're asking me why we should lynch somebody we were planning on lynching yesterday? Why don't you look at the posts yesterday and find out. -.-"

and yes of course I was asking, because Sinensis had ceased to behave in the manner that led you to vote him.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 09 2012 22:17 GMT
#630
So if he'd continued being cautious and lurky, you'd have lynched him for being cautious and lurky

if he stops being cautious and lurky, you lynch him for changing his behaviour

what happens if he's town??
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 09 2012 22:19 GMT
#632
so you're basically wanting to lynch him off the basis of ONE POST HE MADE during day 1.

Nice.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 09 2012 22:22 GMT
#634
No, no I do not.

It was cautious, yes. Could it have betrayed a possible mindset? Yes.

Was it insanely scummy? No. No it was not.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 10 2012 00:21 GMT
#635
Ugh.

For some reason this feels like a mistake :<<<
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 10 2012 00:26 GMT
#637
No, normally I happily bludgeon my way through lynches for good or bad.

I'm not going to think about the game until tomorrow. Rest of town need to have their say and I need a clear head.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 10 2012 10:18 GMT
#666
Ever thought if you keep getting mislynched for being a stubborn asshole, you should change your style a little, Sinensis?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 10 2012 10:19 GMT
#667
where's prplhz? I want to know what he thinks about everything.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 10 2012 11:57 GMT
#671
On July 10 2012 19:52 prplhz wrote:
I lynched zentor before because he was acting antagonistic. I don't really know what to think about him but the fact that he's actively trying to piss off a confirmed townie and proven scum hunter just seems like something scum wouldn't do, especially a player like zentor. I think you might be tunneling him with your "power games" and because he is really good at pissing people off marvellosity. It really looks different from outside and I know because I've tried the inside and now I'm looking at it from the outside. I caught him in BBM2 because he was posting carefully and non-contributory (just a token case on day1, big posts with no content) but that's not how he is posting right now. This really seems more like his town meta.

I don't like how VisceraEyes is avoiding a lynch because people are switching onto easy targets (Sinensis, zentor). We have a really good case on VisceraEyes and people seems to acknowledge this but for some reason no one is voting him which I don't like. Why did slOosh change away from some guy who he says he thinks is pretty much confirmed mafia just to lynch some easy target in zentor?


I like this whole post actually. You've put your finger on why I'm feeling uncomfortable.

The thing is - was Zentor's refusal to answer my question on Sinensis (repeatedly) scummy? For definite. I mean, I only got antagonistic after I had to ask him for the third time. But why the deuce would he actually pick a whole fight with me? I mean, surely he can't be so unselfaware that he wouldn't know he would come off worse on that one. I'm just remembering WoF where, for reasons that are still a mystery to the entire community, as town he decided to piss off the entire game and get himself lynched.

He's basically talked himself into being lynched, which is super dumb as townie but perhaps on the flip side, unforgivable/unconceivable as scum. Sigh.

Actually I think I could get down with a VE lynch. Some of what's been in the cases so far I've agreed with, some not. I think the most mileage comes from examining his votes and the reasons behind them. I will go over the cases on him and his filter and see what I think. Actually as of yesterday I felt I could lynch VE, but I didn't feel the need to let that out the bag so early.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 10 2012 13:27 GMT
#673
Ok, there's a variety of reasons I think VE could be scum. I'm having a hard time putting them together, but I'll give it a go. Before I start, I *will* say I think some of the reasons previously given aren't strong, because they're kinda nullish (e.g. BL posting VE making filler - he (and I) always do that). Also voting many people is usually a null for VE, but the manner in which it occurred this game gives me the feeling he's scum.

This may or may not be a long post...

First of all, Zephirdd latches on to this post from VE:

On July 09 2012 00:17 Zephirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2012 16:51 VisceraEyes wrote:
I'm not saying your scum either, I'm just saying your reasoning is coming across as scummy. Just hold your horses on the condescension and sarcasm while you dismiss what I'm saying as OMGUS...that's not what this is about. I'm explaining why I have a problem with your reasoning. It's not for you, it's for the rest of town. It's my perspective, and I'm not saying that you're definitely scum because of it. I'm simply saying that it looks bad and it's something I'm factoring in.


You know what I see from this? "I don't want to mess with you, so I'll stay on a safe spot". It's been quite a while since I've seen such a wishy washy post like this.


Zephirdd is right, extremely wishy-washy. VE's response:

On July 09 2012 03:15 VisceraEyes wrote:
I've played with Sin before - if Sin is town, he'll just shut down if someone is unequivocally calling him scum. I wanted to avoid that, so I wanted to make sure he understood what I was saying. If you perceive that as "wishy washy" or "hedgy" then obviously that's your right.

So yeah, I just gonna keep doin what I'm doin.


This is where I'd like to talk about VE's town play. Well, prplhz/slOosh/anyone following Movie could see - he attacked me fairly mercilessly for two cycles. And in general VE is known for pursuing his target. Yet here there is no aggression at all. "I'm not saying you're scum either" he says. Actually he had been, he did on Day 1, and he continued to do so on Day 2.

Relatedly, we have a VE defence at some of the accusations thrown at him:

On July 09 2012 10:21 VisceraEyes wrote:

Those attacking me aren't taking into account my typical town play. That's pretty much all I have to say on the matter.

Smooches.


Maybe fair enough, except what's this?

On July 10 2012 05:06 VisceraEyes wrote:
I haven't given up on the game - I'm playing it differently than normal.

I know, that's scummy as shit. Honestly if you're willing to lynch me for saying that then we've probably lost anyway. :/


He can't have it both ways. He's defending himself because it's his "typical" town play - and yet here he clearly acknowledges he is NOT playing his typical town play. This is a pretty large inherent contradiction going on. You can't defend yourself saying it's your normal town play, before going on to say you're not playing normally. Does not compute.




The manner in which he voted or did/did not pursue people also seems pretty scummy. After the initial flurry of anger at prplhz's play and cop claim (I'm still not totally 100% on it either way btw), the votes died off him. But he makes a thing at the end of Day 1 of saying "but i wanted to lynch prplhz guyzzz". Yeah except really he never pushed it. He didn't push anything. He's not actively pursued prplhz today either, or even tried to engage the rest of town on the issue (like I did).

VE told me himself recently that one way to try to differentiate between his alignments is the reasoning he gives for votes - piggybacking others or providing his own:

On July 08 2012 02:28 VisceraEyes wrote:

##Vote: Sinensis

By far the best case in the thread right now. I agree with most of slOosh's points, though I feel he's unfairly calling his responses "overly defensive" when his is the only decent case in the thread.



Here he adds nothing against Sinensis other than "I agree" and in fact his only point is that he's kinda defending Sinensis for posting defensively.

There are other little bits and bobs, like where he randomly has a go at me:

On July 10 2012 01:42 VisceraEyes wrote:
Why doesn't anyone want to win? I told you, vote for Sinensis. Christ, it's like you people aren't listening at all.

Marv, I agree that prplhz cop claim is horse-shit. I said this yesterday, and you've since said that you want to lynch me. So it's what the fuck ever.



At that point I had not in any way indicated I wanted to lynch VE. This is both a failure to read the thread and it also betrays a defensive, scummy mindset.

##Unvote
##Vote: VisceraEyes
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 10 2012 16:05 GMT
#678
slOosh, could you address the point made by prplhz/myself about Zentor's aggressiveness towards me?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 10 2012 17:33 GMT
#681
Where's the fire, the will to win? (for either alignment!!!)
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 10 2012 17:37 GMT
#684
If you think I'm wrong, address my post and tell me why I'm wrong.

No givey-uppy.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 10 2012 22:28 GMT
#703
If you flip town VE, I will lynch slOosh. I promise.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 10 2012 22:34 GMT
#706
it is a little uncanny. you best be town.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 164
NeuroSwarm 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 480
Bale 54
League of Legends
Doublelift4678
Other Games
summit1g9068
JimRising 546
ViBE213
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick649
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 106
• Light_VIP 15
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1120
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 26m
Patches Events
13h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 26m
OSC
21h 26m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.