• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:45
CEST 13:45
KST 20:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10645 users

The Sum of All Fears Mafia - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 04 2012 04:15 GMT
#1089
On April 04 2012 08:03 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 07:59 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
I was going to congratulate VE on good scum play, before he flipped.
This is why you have to completely ignore who's a 'veteran' and who isn't, they're still just players in the game

Figures I was right about VE being a soviet (see also, position in the graph)
If it wasnt obvious, most of that graph was random, I threw VE and BH near me, and blue on scum
Being right about Blue <3<3<3

If I was thinking on day 1 enough, my vote would have ended on blue, and the scientist would have been a power role.
The rest of my day 1 could have been improved.


CHEESE IF YOU HAD PUT ONE IOTA OF EFFORT INTO THE FUCKING GAME....



...................gg


uh-uh. no. you do not get to blame C_C for that travesty of a D1 wagon.

Like, he could have played better D1, and yes, I thought he was scummy, but you'll note that I did not want to lynch him. He was not the scummiest. Now, was JW a better lynch? no, it turned out he was just a noob. But the reasons you gave for C_C and the stuff like "Automatic town cred" and "if you go against me you are claiming scum" actively hurt the town.

there may have been reasonable reasons to lynch C_C but I honestly think that this game fell apart as soon as we had a single-wagon D1 where everyone hopped on and nobody had any good reasons, including the townie pushing the wagon.

In any case, VE's play this game was not typical VE play. In my experience with him, as town, he tends to be relatively conservative but typically correct in his reads.

I still don't understand what sinensis was saying about C_C posting "reads" on people's alignment. That was so off course that I could only assume he was a crappy scum player. How could C_C post "reads" on people's alignments? there's no way.

I need to work on distinguishing that kind of play from actual scum play.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 04 2012 04:18 GMT
#1091
I really think you have to be very careful with meta. There ARE variables that change the way a player plays in a game besides alignment; someone may have school, or work, or have just gone through a breakup or gotten laid, and that could change him to play in a more or less aggressive fashion, or be more or less helpful.

Meta is a vital tool, but a lynch based purely on meta must be met with many raised eyebrows.

That being said, slOosh for MVP townie this game.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 04 2012 04:19 GMT
#1092
On April 04 2012 13:11 slOosh wrote:
Another sadface for Sinensis actually giving up at the end. But I guess it is somewhat understandable that at LYLO two townies think him scum ... still would have liked it if he tried till the end.


I find giving up, ESPECIALLY at LYLO, to be unforgivable for a townie. If you give up, that means you stop playing to your wincon. I don't know how anyone finds this to be acceptable play. Even when there's almost no chance whatsoever to stop your own lynch, and even if it's LYLO and the game is about to be over, you die with your finger on the motherfucking trigger and push your scumreads.

Anything less is a death without honor.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 09:57:14
April 04 2012 09:55 GMT
#1101
On April 04 2012 18:54 Hassybaby wrote:
Oh, and sorry BH, we had to write the kill flavour based on your blog :D


I thought it was awesome :D

except for the part where I left my windows down in the rain ;_;
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 11:40:23
April 04 2012 11:37 GMT
#1108
I don't think anyone REALLY played against their wincon.

C_C played sub-optimally but he was still trying to win. The case against him WAS pretty crappy and he did try to push his reads. He was just busy during the 4-5 hours leading up to lynch deadline. Could he have done more? definitely. C_C is capable of more. But he did try to win-- he pushed his reads, and to be honest, as the ONLY PERSON IN THE GAME WHO LISTENED TO HIM, I can tell you that he outplayed several town players D1 and even if he seemed scummy should not have been lynched.
The blood of his death stains your hands, not his.

MrZ isn't THAT guilty imo. Was his D2 play horrifically bad? Imo, yes. But he DID claim doctor, then get lynched. I fault him for his effectiveness, helpfulness, and goodness of play, but he definitely did not want to get lynched. A fool, not a knave.

Sinensis even kinda gave up, but again I feel this is more a function of "shitty play" than "didn't want to win". The town atmosphere D3 was well under control of the scumteam. People were discouraged and morale was bad. Sinensis didn't defend himself as well as he could. A fool, not a knave.

That being said, I feel that all three of these guys died like punks, through a combination of town actions and their own. They could have defended themselves more vigorously, or pushed their reads better. The only one who's really innocent is C_C. Did he underplay his usual skill D1? sure. He could have easily not been lynched.

But a reasonable town would not have lynched C_C. Scum played brilliantly imo. Even our combined efforts we were unable to break VE's terrorist grip on the town, and C_C and I are no small fish at arguing.

EDIT: I'm not saying anyone broke the rules. I'm just saying that a death without honor is a sad one indeed.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 04 2012 11:46 GMT
#1110
On April 04 2012 20:43 froggynoddy wrote:
Ok fair enough, I retract that post. See you guys in a future game hopefully . I was not finger pointing as I think we all got outplayed (having noobs like me doesn't help:s), I just felt that Mr Z and Sinensis rlly screwed with my reads.

re C_C: I was referring to the flag and to a lesser degree the diagrams... if you read the OP then its clear soft-claiming nationality is playing against town.


The diagram... I can't believe people read into that at all. Or even the flag. Look, Up until the moment he flipped, I had 0 idea whether C_C was SU or US. I honestly think he would have posted the soviet flag even if he rolled US. Also, although the soft claim is weird (if it was indeed a soft claim), he claimed that he would have posted that flag anyways. Then he proceeded to be modestly unbad (better than several other D1 players). Is this C_C playing against his wincon? No, it's him making an error and playing sub-optimally.

There was no anti-wincon motive from C_C at all. end of story.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 04 2012 23:49 GMT
#1130
I agree with prob's analysis of both BLs and GZs posting habits. GZ has improved in legibility since his last gsme thoigh
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 03:28:51
April 05 2012 03:28 GMT
#1157
I only started playing like 3 months ago! Do I count as a noob

Also looking back on it I still don't understand what sinensis was saying D1 about nationality reads
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko262
LamboSC2 138
Codebar 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23405
Calm 6035
Rain 2118
Bisu 1282
FanTaSy 924
Jaedong 472
Horang2 458
Rush 397
Soma 358
BeSt 254
[ Show more ]
Stork 233
Zeus 220
Mini 168
Light 115
Larva 100
Mong 90
Barracks 83
Hyun 79
Pusan 77
Mind 76
Snow 74
910 69
ZerO 68
Free 56
ToSsGirL 39
Sea.KH 37
Killer 35
Yoon 32
NaDa 28
Sexy 27
Shinee 26
Noble 17
Terrorterran 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Bale 14
sorry 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6462
Counter-Strike
fl0m1693
olofmeister1049
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Other Games
gofns60279
singsing1824
B2W.Neo586
dupreeh393
crisheroes291
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2266
• Nemesis897
Other Games
• WagamamaTV146
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 15m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 15m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.