• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:16
CEST 07:16
KST 14:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7307 users

Newbie Mini Mafia IV - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 08 2012 04:21 GMT
#1066
I find hydra's really frustrating to deal with. Since they are generally formed because the 2 players don't have time to play the full game by themselves, I think it is perfectly legitimate for them to post less because both players admit they can't give the game enough time. So if there are big gaps in posting I think it is easily explained away by a lack of communication between the two players. Also, their ability to having 2 different sources for posts to be coming from makes it really hard to make reads.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 08 2012 04:41 GMT
#1070
I fell hard into the trap this game of not holding questionable play against people. I felt really adrift on the criteria I was using to scumhunt. That really showed itself in my speculation on how scum were acting and my lack of hard stances early on. I felt like I was having to decide whether questionable play meant scum or if it meant town. Instead of NMM3 where I just pointed it out and pushed for it. Acknowledging the WIFOM aspects of newbie meta really hurt my confidence.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 08 2012 18:29 GMT
#1081
I definitely got lazy towards the end. Already I am pretty uncomfortable repeating myself or making spammy posts. But that was exactly what I needed to do day4. My case against slOosh was already made. I wasn't going to add much more too it even if I went back. But I blame myself for not bringing it back up over and over to keep it in the spotlight. I made my point against slOosh, figured that should be enough, then moved on to trying to figure out the scumteam. I never should have moved on until slOosh was dead.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 08 2012 18:52 GMT
#1082
slOosh did a great job of controlling the thread without immediately being drawn out as scum.

NightFury played the hapless noob extremely well.

J&H confused the hell out of me (though I blame most of that on them being a hydra).

Phagga tunneled Chocolate a little too hard, though I blame myself for not bringing him around.

Alderan, I really should have just started pushing people who would have cleared you early. Right from the start I realized we were thinking pretty similarly. If I had taken action to get a town read on you I think we could have torn the thread up.

Ghost, when you posted those 2 quick posts after slOosh's defense, I decided you either just made a very very bad play or you were scum. They did sound rushed, they were contradictory, and they showed you sided with slOosh at that point. Whether or not that was true, that is how they came across. I didn't have a full case against you. But for me, just those 2 posts were enough. I should have realized that slOosh wouldn't have taken the risk of bussing you with his day1 case. But with how easily those suspicions were dropped by slOosh and Alderan, I thought slOosh might have been just being extra sneaky.

k2hd, the fact that you were not posting often and you were posting extremely safe put you on both my radar and Alderan's. It took a scum vouching for your innocence before we would believe you. The scum team had you pegged as the DT day4. You in all likelihood would have been hit that night even if we lynched correctly. If your schedule permits it you have to take a more active role if you want to avoid being hit for looking blue by scum.

gumshoe, it saddened me a bit to watch you get frustrated with the game and just start posting things that were wrong or had no benefit to the town. You showed last game that you can look at the game from a different angle, which is extremely valuable. Instead of looking at the lack of activity as a bad thing, take that opportunity when you know that the town isn't going to be posting new things that you need to respond to to read filters and generate content.

zelblade, you need to start siding with me over slOosh. This is the second game you have picked up his cause and then offered a weak case against me. I wanted to believe that you were town. But the way you pushed me felt so much like SNMM7 that I started getting suspicious, and it also reduced my suspicion of slOosh. You threw a monkey wrench in my understanding of the game.

Janaan, sad you got hit.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 08 2012 20:08 GMT
#1088
With the lack of a vig hit night 3 and with a roleblocker in the game. It is a pretty safe assumption to think there is a dt in the game.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1301
910 97
Hyun 92
NotJumperer 52
Bale 41
Noble 18
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
febbydoto13
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King117
Other Games
summit1g7357
Coldzera 732
hungrybox616
JimRising 608
WinterStarcraft363
C9.Mang0298
PiGStarcraft234
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2130
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo901
• Stunt294
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 44m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 44m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 44m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.