• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:39
CEST 14:39
KST 21:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8656 users

Sleeper Cell Mafia II - Page 74

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 80 Next
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
February 14 2012 02:59 GMT
#1461
And yes, I agree that the game went longer than it should have been; imo in this setup a bulletproof/medic role shouldn't exist. This way, an even town:scum situation would never happen.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
February 14 2012 03:01 GMT
#1462
On February 14 2012 11:58 redFF wrote:
can we get some people who aren't pants on head retarded to come agree with me


I think it should have been reasonably clear with some analysis that V7's claim had holes in it (navillius and n2 no-check, as well as the fact that he had to respost it, just off hand), and he was scum, not you.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 03:15:34
February 14 2012 03:02 GMT
#1463
[image loading]
just a note
everyone in this game except rad and myself played terribly
      - Words from the wise man.


Post-game notes
This was a fun set-up to play, though I think most of us had collective duh moment at some point of the game. It's not often I rolls scum on this game so I wanted to give my very best, but it was not to be as I would soon commit multitude of lethal mistakes. More on that later.


On day 1 I did think bumatlarge could be scum-telling, but I also wanted to keep my pro-town facade up. So I prodded bumatlarge but left myself an out. If you look over the post again, you'd see I prepared myself to switch later on.
+ Show Spoiler +
Also,
##Vote bumatlarge
his first post is just bad like many pointed out. Surprised no one decided to lean over him for it -_-

allows me to mask it as pressure vote, making it less unnatural when I change my target after someone drops off something I could use. Rest is easy, people bandwagoned Radfield out of nowhere and I began supporting bumatlarge when I was sure Radfield was going to die. Blazinghand wasn't going to change his mind with the way he was going.


I'll explain my broadcast plan for this game. The threat was that Inception Agent could potentially see them meaning straight-up claiming would be difficult. However, looking at the role-list it was also obvious this role would not be able to see the broadcast all the time. Thus, I decided to divide my messages into two parts, and because it's encrypted it would be impossible to determine the content unless the receiver had both:

y8ayxjnott ; k= P2av30F ; CipherNaBl [D1-N1-D2]

If some did not figure out my message, I hoped 'cipher' on D2 message would be enough to lead people into http://infoencrypt.com
If you decrypt y8ayxjnottk= using P2av30F as a key, you get "bird" which refers to picture on my profile. You may notice on the third message that there is NaBl. That meant to communicate that I was hitting Navillus and Blazinghand. This was my biggest mistake which cost our team the game. Sincere apologizes for that, I feel terrible about it T_T


The thing was... let me skip day 2 because I just pushed bumatlarge wagon. Only thing I regretted was
On February 03 2012 00:32 Hesmyrr wrote:
You know what, I'll move my vote to Refallen right now. We cannot afford splitting the vote in this situation.
##Vote Refallen

I should have just manned up and only gave justification when somebody pushed me on it, and RedFF picked up on this immediately. He would thereafter became major pain in the ass, but I knew hitting him was terrible idea since there was highly likely to be BP role in the game and "vote me!" just seemed like obvious gambit to draw mafia NK.
Okay, back to the Lanaia mistake.

Navillus just decided to go afk and I completely seized up on it as gambit by Intelligence Agent to buy precious investigation time. This impression was reinforced when he indeed came out of nowhere few times during the day despite his apparent warning. So at Night 3 I re-wrote that Navillus had to die.

This was a massive mistake by me and proves that tunnel-vision can be enemy of not only the town, but mafia. I actually realized something was wrong when Lanaia began dripping the cop tells all over the place, and I probably would have changed my NK if I could have communicated with my scum team. However, that was clearly impossible and I did not want to switch my kill when I already announced I was going to kill Navillus; I somehow persuaded myself that cop wouldn't act so obvious -_-

My weakness to WIFOM has been the vain of me since the days of Micro-MAFIA (The First). I am the one who spams on the end and loses the game on lylo because I over-thought the situation. This is a problem I better fix soon and I am thankful of this game for reminding me of this.


Don't know what I could say next, Lanaia claimed and I made a scum-tell that brought the entire suspicion upon me. I could not deviate from Scamp lynch because that had been my stance since the beginning. I might have fought for it harder tomorrow, but when
Zeph, Hesmyy, GGQ: If one of you is town, you really need to put together a case on redFF or V7. We don't have any more mislynches this game, we need to get it right.

      Go away Blazinghand, I hate you.

I decided I better sink and not give town anything else to work with. I might have spammed when somebody mentioned Godfather, in order to make some suspect I am interrupting the discussion in order to hide the presence of forementioned role, but none of that happened and I died.


Really sad we missed the opportunity to win on the last day. Zephirdd PM'd me expressing his frustrations and subsequent communications (I tried my best to skirt around relevant info) express my view pretty well:
+ Show Spoiler +
there is only one thing he can possibly do

1. kill cwave
2. race against red to vote first

Original Message From Hesmyrr:
Oh, so that's why. Still debatable decision, but hey redFF speaks the truth >.> He was not the only one [REDACTED]. (Post edit: He was not the only one "who stuck to single plan unwisely") If it was me I would have just made a ruckus and forced the matter while CWave was afk but I guess that was bit of a risk. Hope v7 is smart enough to know what to do following night & day.

Hide nested quote -
Original Message From Zephirdd:
I think I made a huge mistake, asking v7 to call me scum. If he had call'd me town, we'd win today.

sorry about that

anyway v7 wins in two days

After the lynch:
+ Show Spoiler +
I told him to call me scum; the race didn't happen because of me.

Also, I'm pretty sure iGrok will deal with the 1v1 situation without it being a vote race. At least he told me he had discussed that with greymist. perhaps it's a draw, or just standard scum win.

tbqh in a 2v1 scenario, red will think between cwave/v7 and cwave will think between red/v7 especially if v7 can create the scenario for that, and I'm pretty sure he can.

in fact, given my latest interactions with red, it's quite possible that cwave will be confused as much as red.

The question was "Why say that?" And the answer is: WIFOM generator.

Original Message From Hesmyrr:
Hide nested quote -
I'll surely want to apologize to my scum team for last night's actions, because we could've won today. I'm sorry!

Why say that? If vaderseven is unable to access his computer at deadline, he has no choice but to submit no kill and try to risk three-man lylo. By all means it'll be difficult but better than a vote race he can't win. He can definitely argue his way through WIFOM. That is what I suspected v7 was aiming for, since if he intended to vote race he could have done so today where victory was guaranteed instead of tomorrow.

I screwed up the entire scum game, because I was the one who had tunnel-vision on Navillus and managed to miss completely obvious Lanaia, but I didn't apologize immediately because you do not want to give information to the town until the game is over =/



Still it was interesting game, redFF did the best out of all the town (maybe Radfield would have taken this spot but you know what happened :p), and I think I was mafia LVP with the Navillus tunnel-vision.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
February 14 2012 03:03 GMT
#1464
People often let people claim things they shouldn't because "oh hes bad and doesnt know how to play."

I abused that because that attitude was already in play from red and I just let that flow.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 03:04 GMT
#1465
On February 14 2012 12:01 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 11:58 redFF wrote:
can we get some people who aren't pants on head retarded to come agree with me


I think it should have been reasonably clear with some analysis that V7's claim had holes in it (navillius and n2 no-check, as well as the fact that he had to respost it, just off hand), and he was scum, not you.

but it was zeph, v7 myself and cwave how can town win from that
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
February 14 2012 03:06 GMT
#1466
haha Hess, for proof that I knew what to do on the final day check the vote thread and note how I was for sure f5ing this thread while waiting to hit post in that one.

I saw the day post and voted for red before I had even a chance to read it. I wanted as good a chance as possible to not lose.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
February 14 2012 03:06 GMT
#1467
On February 14 2012 12:04 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 12:01 Blazinghand wrote:
On February 14 2012 11:58 redFF wrote:
can we get some people who aren't pants on head retarded to come agree with me


I think it should have been reasonably clear with some analysis that V7's claim had holes in it (navillius and n2 no-check, as well as the fact that he had to respost it, just off hand), and he was scum, not you.

but it was zeph, v7 myself and cwave how can town win from that


you lynch zeph, V7 holds his fire to avoid a quick-draw competition, then it's LYLO with 2 towns 1 scum.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 03:06 GMT
#1468
idiots, all of you
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
February 14 2012 03:06 GMT
#1469
Red, if you had voted for me before I voted for you on the final day town would have won. There was tech a way for you to win. I don't like that way, but there was a way.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 03:07 GMT
#1470
IT WAS 5-5 ON DAY 4 AND THE GAME LASTED FOR 5 MORE DAYS
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 03:07 GMT
#1471
JESUS CHRIST
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 14 2012 03:07 GMT
#1472
On February 14 2012 09:21 redFF wrote:
cock, gg whichever one of you it is

bg rest of town fuck you all i lead 4 straight scum lynches but you fucked us up too much early on

You probably shouldn't have spent half the game calling me scum.

On February 13 2012 09:51 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 09:50 Jackal58 wrote:
[image loading]


Regardless of which side wins or loses in the coming days, you now win the game jackal.

Congratulations

Plus I don't care. Mod win ftmfw!!!!!!
Life can only kill you once.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
February 14 2012 03:08 GMT
#1473
;_; hey man a lot of things went wrong for town but overall I think you and I managed to pull things together a bit as we pushed towards the end. I think Lanaia soft-claimed too early, and when she did claim Jackal shouldn't have tried to confirm her claim by throwing away an extra town vote, etc, but this was an exciting and exhilarating game. Would play again.

Also, I'm sorry for the poopey mouth remark.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
February 14 2012 03:08 GMT
#1474
I think the gimmick for scum to win is for there to be no town left. You could lynch with less than a majority especially since we tried to hit you and that didn't work. With an even number of players and equal count of scum and town there was no side that controlled the lynch just through numbers.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 03:08 GMT
#1475
On February 14 2012 12:07 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 09:21 redFF wrote:
cock, gg whichever one of you it is

bg rest of town fuck you all i lead 4 straight scum lynches but you fucked us up too much early on

You probably shouldn't have spent half the game calling me scum.

Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 09:51 GreYMisT wrote:
On February 13 2012 09:50 Jackal58 wrote:
[image loading]


Regardless of which side wins or loses in the coming days, you now win the game jackal.

Congratulations

Plus I don't care. Mod win ftmfw!!!!!!

meh i thought you were scummy, you had an inno check though and it's not like i could have pushed another lynch through the retardedness of the refallen and rad lynches.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 03:09 GMT
#1476
On February 14 2012 12:08 Blazinghand wrote:
;_; hey man a lot of things went wrong for town but overall I think you and I managed to pull things together a bit as we pushed towards the end. I think Lanaia soft-claimed too early, and when she did claim Jackal shouldn't have tried to confirm her claim by throwing away an extra town vote, etc, but this was an exciting and exhilarating game. Would play again.

Also, I'm sorry for the poopey mouth remark.

we had all 5 scum practically confirmed, we didn't pull anything together
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
February 14 2012 03:09 GMT
#1477
On February 14 2012 12:09 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 12:08 Blazinghand wrote:
;_; hey man a lot of things went wrong for town but overall I think you and I managed to pull things together a bit as we pushed towards the end. I think Lanaia soft-claimed too early, and when she did claim Jackal shouldn't have tried to confirm her claim by throwing away an extra town vote, etc, but this was an exciting and exhilarating game. Would play again.

Also, I'm sorry for the poopey mouth remark.

we had all 5 scum practically confirmed, we didn't pull anything together


;_; we got a draw... and we almost got a win!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 03:09 GMT
#1478
refallen voting me as soon as i asked was also a massive town tell, couldn't point it out then though because i was trying to look blue
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 03:10 GMT
#1479
On February 14 2012 12:09 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 12:09 redFF wrote:
On February 14 2012 12:08 Blazinghand wrote:
;_; hey man a lot of things went wrong for town but overall I think you and I managed to pull things together a bit as we pushed towards the end. I think Lanaia soft-claimed too early, and when she did claim Jackal shouldn't have tried to confirm her claim by throwing away an extra town vote, etc, but this was an exciting and exhilarating game. Would play again.

Also, I'm sorry for the poopey mouth remark.

we had all 5 scum practically confirmed, we didn't pull anything together


;_; we got a draw... and we almost got a win!

no we didn't almost get a win
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 03:10 GMT
#1480
i'm just pissed that i put a shit ton of effort into this when we COULDN'T have won after day 4, barring scum idiocy to the max. lesson learned about not making idiotic wincons though i hope.
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko359
ProTech135
Rex 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45931
Hyuk 1321
Jaedong 825
Soma 429
Soulkey 382
actioN 374
EffOrt 370
Horang2 362
BeSt 332
Mini 323
[ Show more ]
Zeus 264
Last 262
Light 260
Stork 226
910 191
Larva 179
Snow 135
ggaemo 126
Rush 114
ZerO 89
Pusan 83
Mind 63
Killer 49
Creator 45
Sharp 43
Shine 38
hero 34
JYJ 31
Shinee 26
Bale 24
Free 24
ToSsGirL 16
HiyA 15
Noble 14
yabsab 12
sorry 10
Terrorterran 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7717
Dendi746
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1516
markeloff131
kRYSTAL_34
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1606
crisheroes781
Other Games
gofns41373
singsing1963
B2W.Neo698
XBOCT337
hiko320
Pyrionflax268
byalli248
DeMusliM247
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King76
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1548
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream134
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH323
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1453
Other Games
• WagamamaTV190
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
21m
Rex0
The PondCast
21h 21m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.