• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:59
CEST 20:59
KST 03:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War315.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8170 users

Sleeper Cell Mafia II - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 All
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 02:22 GMT
#1420
Good work, gents. V7 your story really didn't add up, and I had you on my shit list, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get you. Good work, though. Well played. Also what is Attention whore.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 02:23 GMT
#1422
Oh I get it! you're immune at night, but if you don't get a vote during the day you die!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 02:25 GMT
#1427
On February 14 2012 11:24 vaderseven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 11:22 Blazinghand wrote:
Good work, gents. V7 your story really didn't add up, and I had you on my shit list, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get you. Good work, though. Well played. Also what is Attention whore.


Honestly the scum team was well... it lurked to the endgame.

I actually had no confirmation about Hess or GGQ but I could just tell they were scum.


GGQ was pretty clear. That was a really solid bus.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 02:34 GMT
#1440
On February 14 2012 11:32 Zephirdd wrote:
OH yeah, question to town.

Why the fuck did you lynch radfield LOL

Seriously, I pissed myself from laughter from that lynch


I couldn't figure rad out, and I was pretty sure of bum being town... so I broke the tie in rad's favor ;_;
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 02:42 GMT
#1441
Thanks for hosting by the way igrok! and thanks for the awesome cohosting greymist!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 02:52 GMT
#1451
dude man red chillax town had a legitimate chance to win-- if V7 held fire rather than going into quick draw mode you and cwave could have just lynched him.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 02:55:03
February 14 2012 02:54 GMT
#1453
On February 14 2012 11:53 iGrok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 11:45 redFF wrote:
fuck you for wasting my time with this shit, win-con should always be scum outnumber or equal town

That just doesn't work in Sleeper Cell, because scum don't know each other's identities.


Oh yeah, I forgot there's the potential for a scum friendly-fire night kill or lynch control attempt. I actually really like this style of game because of the unique information asymmetry and scum situation.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 03:01 GMT
#1462
On February 14 2012 11:58 redFF wrote:
can we get some people who aren't pants on head retarded to come agree with me


I think it should have been reasonably clear with some analysis that V7's claim had holes in it (navillius and n2 no-check, as well as the fact that he had to respost it, just off hand), and he was scum, not you.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 03:06 GMT
#1467
On February 14 2012 12:04 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 12:01 Blazinghand wrote:
On February 14 2012 11:58 redFF wrote:
can we get some people who aren't pants on head retarded to come agree with me


I think it should have been reasonably clear with some analysis that V7's claim had holes in it (navillius and n2 no-check, as well as the fact that he had to respost it, just off hand), and he was scum, not you.

but it was zeph, v7 myself and cwave how can town win from that


you lynch zeph, V7 holds his fire to avoid a quick-draw competition, then it's LYLO with 2 towns 1 scum.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 03:08 GMT
#1473
;_; hey man a lot of things went wrong for town but overall I think you and I managed to pull things together a bit as we pushed towards the end. I think Lanaia soft-claimed too early, and when she did claim Jackal shouldn't have tried to confirm her claim by throwing away an extra town vote, etc, but this was an exciting and exhilarating game. Would play again.

Also, I'm sorry for the poopey mouth remark.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 03:09 GMT
#1477
On February 14 2012 12:09 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 12:08 Blazinghand wrote:
;_; hey man a lot of things went wrong for town but overall I think you and I managed to pull things together a bit as we pushed towards the end. I think Lanaia soft-claimed too early, and when she did claim Jackal shouldn't have tried to confirm her claim by throwing away an extra town vote, etc, but this was an exciting and exhilarating game. Would play again.

Also, I'm sorry for the poopey mouth remark.

we had all 5 scum practically confirmed, we didn't pull anything together


;_; we got a draw... and we almost got a win!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 03:11 GMT
#1482
On February 14 2012 12:10 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 12:09 Blazinghand wrote:
On February 14 2012 12:09 redFF wrote:
On February 14 2012 12:08 Blazinghand wrote:
;_; hey man a lot of things went wrong for town but overall I think you and I managed to pull things together a bit as we pushed towards the end. I think Lanaia soft-claimed too early, and when she did claim Jackal shouldn't have tried to confirm her claim by throwing away an extra town vote, etc, but this was an exciting and exhilarating game. Would play again.

Also, I'm sorry for the poopey mouth remark.

we had all 5 scum practically confirmed, we didn't pull anything together


;_; we got a draw... and we almost got a win!

no we didn't almost get a win


Well, if Jack didn't claim blue or if Lanaia didn't give out the exact distro of her checks (2 G 1 B), we could have kept the Senator alive. I think you did a pretty solid job.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 03:21 GMT
#1501
...Or if Jackal made it to the 1-1 situation.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 03:31 GMT
#1515
Ok guys I think we should all just take a break from this thread for like a day. I'm gonna go do that now, and if we all do that we'll feel much better.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 16:47 GMT
#1543
Thanks again to iGrok and GreyMist for the sweet moderation <3

I feel like with marginally better town or blue play this would have been a totally different story. Looking over it, I think my big mistake this game was going after Refallen. It should have been fairly obvious that his interaction with redFF was not scummy, but I wasn't able to figure that out. I should have been more aggressive about V7's claim-- I knew something was fishy but wasn't able to sniff it out before getting shot ;_;

Thanks for a fun game everyone!

Also btw one thing iGrok to take a look at is Zona's Purgatory Mafia. She had like 3-4 alternative win / stalemate avoidance conditions in her win conditions. I think a couple of things in the style of that might have avoided the weirdness at the end of the game. Keep up the good work!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 17:22 GMT
#1545
On February 15 2012 02:16 iGrok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2012 01:47 Blazinghand wrote:
Thanks again to iGrok and GreyMist for the sweet moderation <3

I feel like with marginally better town or blue play this would have been a totally different story. Looking over it, I think my big mistake this game was going after Refallen. It should have been fairly obvious that his interaction with redFF was not scummy, but I wasn't able to figure that out. I should have been more aggressive about V7's claim-- I knew something was fishy but wasn't able to sniff it out before getting shot ;_;

Thanks for a fun game everyone!

Also btw one thing iGrok to take a look at is Zona's Purgatory Mafia. She had like 3-4 alternative win / stalemate avoidance conditions in her win conditions. I think a couple of things in the style of that might have avoided the weirdness at the end of the game. Keep up the good work!

I'll take a look at ideas like that. The difficulty with that is that I can't make alternate win scenarios public, because all the roles are mostly) secret. Still, that's a good idea, and I'll probably incorporate that into the next Sleeper Cell, if/when there is one.


Oh yeah in Zona's setup I guess it's different because the exact role distribution was known to all factions. Maybe a change of the wording to be "When there are 0 town-aligned players, or there is no way to prevent this from coming to pass" or something like that? I'm sure you'll think of something.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 20:37 GMT
#1553
On February 15 2012 04:39 vaderseven wrote:
Acctually ya zephs idea is the best. The core of this setup is NOT the BP it is the communication that scum use and thw inception agent.

I would say go for town having two dreamer roles that are not identical.


You should have one of them be called The Architect, just because it would be a good complement (name-wise) to Inception Agent.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 14 2012 22:59 GMT
#1565
On February 15 2012 07:56 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
The mafia wins when they equal or outnumber the remaining townies or nothing can keep that from happening
problem solved



Would it also work if it were like this?

The mafia wins when there are no town players left or nothing can keep that from happening
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 17:12:01
February 15 2012 17:09 GMT
#1582
OK I have no idea if this is balanced but a sweet role would be "The Architect" who can send (but not receive) messages. Would that be balanced at all? It would be pretty fluffy imo, but I feel like it might disrupt scum communiques. Maybe only under certain conditions?

EDIT: possibly replacing the BP role
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 12 13 14 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 542
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19842
Calm 3564
Mini 439
Mind 82
Free 65
910 65
soO 33
Trap 33
Aegong 20
Dota 2
Gorgc5661
canceldota61
Counter-Strike
fl0m6266
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3545
Other Games
FrodaN893
Beastyqt597
Liquid`Hasu266
Livibee193
Khaldor191
C9.Mang0158
Trikslyr119
RotterdaM113
IndyStarCraft 103
QueenE69
ZombieGrub31
BRAT_OK 18
MindelVK11
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 20
• FirePhoenix11
• niya90s 2
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2377
• WagamamaTV255
League of Legends
• Nemesis1927
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Shiphtur703
• Scarra112
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 1m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 1m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 1m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.