• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:34
CEST 04:34
KST 11:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6695 users

Hammer Mini Mafia - Page 23

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 54 Next
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
January 28 2012 23:37 GMT
#441
##Vote: WhereBugsGo
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
January 28 2012 23:37 GMT
#442
Oh yeah, I guess I have to ##Unvote: Palmar as well.
whole lies with a half smile
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
January 28 2012 23:52 GMT
#443
On January 29 2012 08:36 Node wrote:
Putting this out there just in case: multiple people have said something along the lines of "the lynch is tonight". That's wrong. We have to make a lynch happen by tonight. Instant majority.

Okay, I still honestly believe the circle jerk is the town's best option by far. It's easy, it's safe, it's enforceable, and I still don't understand why we need to look at where people send their votes when we still have the tried-and-true method of seeing who people actually vote to lynch. But I'm willing to drop it if that means getting a lynch in today -- and it's pretty clear that it's useless if multiple people don't follow it, which is going to happen whether I like it or not.

Reading through WBG's posts, I'm not getting huge scum vibes, but that's at least partially because I agree with much of his logic, which it's clear a lot of people don't. It seems that a lot of the votes going towards him are based on his meta, which I don't know very well. But at the very least he has a strong, stated opinion on a plan, which is something scum would like avoid.

VisceraEyes, on the other hand, has wavered wildly. In-thread, he's gone from supporting the circle-jerk, to being against it, to giving mild support for it again. In the latter case, his opinion changed in the space of a couple of hours. I feel that he isn't figuring out what the actual best approach is, but is instead trying to sneak in with whatever the popular opinion of the time happens to be.

Also, there's this:

Show nested quote +
I think Palmar is town based almost exclusively on the fact that scummy players like Paperscraps are defending the way he's playing.


Wha? Just... what?

##Vote: VisceraEyes


Thats the problem thats how WBG plays. He thinks what a townie would do and tries to imitate them. Thats why its so damn hard to catch him as scum. Hes damn good at it. WBG is very aggressive regardless of his alignment. And hes very convincing. And to be honest why wouldn't scum want to be convincing. By being loud they can carry there agenda easier.
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 28 2012 23:54 GMT
#444
On January 29 2012 07:11 LSB wrote:
We have about 3 hours to get a lynch in and I will spend this time to push forth what I think is the best lynch, [UoN]Sentinel.

I can see similarities between my mafia play in previous games and his play here. One of effective plays a mafia can do is to blatantly play for the mafia side. Sometimes town doesn’t notice, and sometimes a few people do notice but they don’t do anything till it’s too late

In addition, this play is very effective for this setup, even if you are exposed, you could simply transfer 2 of your votes away to your team, minimizing a loss of a sacrifice.

As I have stated here, the plans that [UoN]Sentinel proposes all have effective mafia counterplans:
-Circlejerk is obvious, but mafia friendly
-His wait 2 nights and then free trade is disastrous, and results in either a D2 or D3 lylo.
-His wait 1 night is almost as bad, and put on shaky reasoning
To say that I am ‘giving him too much credit’ or ‘he can’t possibly scheme that for ahead’, would be an unfair underestimation. His posts demonstrate he is capable of thinking ahead and the ability to formulate intricate counterplans.

Although he had a change of heart in the later stages, this only happened after I called him out on his plan, and it is standard play to drop any obvious mafia tactics as soon as possible. Because of his blatant attempts to mislead the town, to me he is the most obvious mafia


Hate to break it to you, but this is my first game (newbie mafia hadn't started yet, this was the only free game at the time). I couldn't counterplan for shit when I posted, I doubt I can still think that far ahead even with all I've learned.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 29 2012 00:09 GMT
#445
##Unvote VisceraEyes
##Vote Wherebugsgo


Due to him being scum, and no one believing me VE is scum.
Computer says mafia
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 29 2012 00:09 GMT
#446
If the [UoN]Sentinel lynch doesn't happen, I'd be willing to lynch WBG is there is enough people. Town KP is always better than mafia KP
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
January 29 2012 00:12 GMT
#447
I sent all role PM bot commands to people. If I forgot to send you your command to act during the night phase PM me and I will send it to you. I updated the second post of the OP with instructions on how to send votes at night, however there is an issue I am clarifying with Zona about sending multiple votes, will update that asap.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
January 29 2012 00:23 GMT
#448
##Unvote [UoN]Sentinel
##Vote Wherebugsgo
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 29 2012 00:25 GMT
#449
Well I'd rather have a lynch rather than a No lynch, and WBG has been hard core lurking, all of his posts are about the setup.

##Unvote [UoN]Sentinel
##Vote Wherebugsgo


+ Show Spoiler +
If more people start voting for [UoN]Sentinel I'll probably switch back
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 29 2012 00:26 GMT
#450
why the reservation LSB? Do you not think Bugs will flip le scum?
Computer says mafia
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 29 2012 00:28 GMT
#451
On January 29 2012 09:26 Palmar wrote:
why the reservation LSB? Do you not think Bugs will flip le scum?

I don't like bugs, but I feel that Sentinel is the safer lynch. My order of preference.

Sentinel
WBG
Someone else
No Lynch
Someone I have a town read on
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 29 2012 00:32 GMT
#452
I guess it's fair to bugs to tell him why I wanna lynch him.

@Bugs

1. you seem very disinterested in actual scumhunting, and I get the feeling you don't really care much how the day goes.

2. you keep bringing up game mechanics as something central to the discussion. Being a no-flip game is pretty much irrelevant. You're interested in talking about plans and mechanics, but not about who is scum.

3. You have scum read on people I think are town.


Computer says mafia
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
January 29 2012 00:35 GMT
#453
On January 29 2012 08:52 jaybrundage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 08:36 Node wrote:
Putting this out there just in case: multiple people have said something along the lines of "the lynch is tonight". That's wrong. We have to make a lynch happen by tonight. Instant majority.

Okay, I still honestly believe the circle jerk is the town's best option by far. It's easy, it's safe, it's enforceable, and I still don't understand why we need to look at where people send their votes when we still have the tried-and-true method of seeing who people actually vote to lynch. But I'm willing to drop it if that means getting a lynch in today -- and it's pretty clear that it's useless if multiple people don't follow it, which is going to happen whether I like it or not.

Reading through WBG's posts, I'm not getting huge scum vibes, but that's at least partially because I agree with much of his logic, which it's clear a lot of people don't. It seems that a lot of the votes going towards him are based on his meta, which I don't know very well. But at the very least he has a strong, stated opinion on a plan, which is something scum would like avoid.

VisceraEyes, on the other hand, has wavered wildly. In-thread, he's gone from supporting the circle-jerk, to being against it, to giving mild support for it again. In the latter case, his opinion changed in the space of a couple of hours. I feel that he isn't figuring out what the actual best approach is, but is instead trying to sneak in with whatever the popular opinion of the time happens to be.

Also, there's this:

I think Palmar is town based almost exclusively on the fact that scummy players like Paperscraps are defending the way he's playing.


Wha? Just... what?

##Vote: VisceraEyes


Thats the problem thats how WBG plays. He thinks what a townie would do and tries to imitate them. Thats why its so damn hard to catch him as scum. Hes damn good at it. WBG is very aggressive regardless of his alignment. And hes very convincing. And to be honest why wouldn't scum want to be convincing. By being loud they can carry there agenda easier.


Which games were WBG scum in? I'm considering dropping the hammer on him, but am still unsure. In a no-flip setup, I don't think that a risky lynch is that much better than a no-lynch, though I would still rather see somebody hang in the next half hour. I definitely am not going to vote for sentinel, though.
whole lies with a half smile
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
January 29 2012 00:35 GMT
#454
ALRIGHT NEXT PERSON WHO VOTES WHEREBUGSGO HAMMERS, WHICH MEANS THAT WHEREBUGSGO IS LYNCHED AND WE PROCEED TO NIGHT

Don't do it if you can do it later but within the deadline. There is no reason to end the night early, especially not before seeing if wherebugsgo will show up and say anything.

I also want to make it clear to people that no-lynching should be preferred to lynching a person you think is town. There's no going forward tomorrow saying that you thought that wherebugsgo was town. Everybody who is voting or will vote wherebugsgo right now thinks he is scum and should be able to provide a reasonable (and should provide a reasonable).
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
January 29 2012 00:38 GMT
#455
On January 29 2012 09:35 Node wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 08:52 jaybrundage wrote:
On January 29 2012 08:36 Node wrote:
Putting this out there just in case: multiple people have said something along the lines of "the lynch is tonight". That's wrong. We have to make a lynch happen by tonight. Instant majority.

Okay, I still honestly believe the circle jerk is the town's best option by far. It's easy, it's safe, it's enforceable, and I still don't understand why we need to look at where people send their votes when we still have the tried-and-true method of seeing who people actually vote to lynch. But I'm willing to drop it if that means getting a lynch in today -- and it's pretty clear that it's useless if multiple people don't follow it, which is going to happen whether I like it or not.

Reading through WBG's posts, I'm not getting huge scum vibes, but that's at least partially because I agree with much of his logic, which it's clear a lot of people don't. It seems that a lot of the votes going towards him are based on his meta, which I don't know very well. But at the very least he has a strong, stated opinion on a plan, which is something scum would like avoid.

VisceraEyes, on the other hand, has wavered wildly. In-thread, he's gone from supporting the circle-jerk, to being against it, to giving mild support for it again. In the latter case, his opinion changed in the space of a couple of hours. I feel that he isn't figuring out what the actual best approach is, but is instead trying to sneak in with whatever the popular opinion of the time happens to be.

Also, there's this:

I think Palmar is town based almost exclusively on the fact that scummy players like Paperscraps are defending the way he's playing.


Wha? Just... what?

##Vote: VisceraEyes


Thats the problem thats how WBG plays. He thinks what a townie would do and tries to imitate them. Thats why its so damn hard to catch him as scum. Hes damn good at it. WBG is very aggressive regardless of his alignment. And hes very convincing. And to be honest why wouldn't scum want to be convincing. By being loud they can carry there agenda easier.


Which games were WBG scum in? I'm considering dropping the hammer on him, but am still unsure. In a no-flip setup, I don't think that a risky lynch is that much better than a no-lynch, though I would still rather see somebody hang in the next half hour. I definitely am not going to vote for sentinel, though.

He was scum in Responsibility Mafia! which ended just at the start of this month. You can see him being disinterested in the game around the time he got shot by a vigilante too.

He was also scum in Mini Mafia X but that's a while longer ago.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 29 2012 00:38 GMT
#456
@Node Bugs is really, really good scum, and mediocre town. Which in turn makes it even harder to lynch him as scum because you can not simply call him scum if his reads suck (like you can with top town players like mig, syllo, sandroba, foolish).

You can see his scum play in mini mafia x, and in couples therapy.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 29 2012 00:38 GMT
#457
@prplhz 20 mins left in the day, it's hammer time now, not later.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 29 2012 00:40 GMT
#458
hammer it node, it's incredibly anti-town not to do it...
Computer says mafia
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
January 29 2012 00:40 GMT
#459
Oh what the hell I thought it was in like 2-3 hours.

Cool, hammer wherebugsgo now.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 29 2012 00:41 GMT
#460
seriously, this lynch is on me, if you don't hammer node, I swear to god I will get you killed this game.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings108
davetesta36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft343
ByuN 273
RuFF_SC2 159
ViBE95
CosmosSc2 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2322
GuemChi 1371
MaD[AoV]270
Sharp 189
910 63
Bale 16
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever392
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 751
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox834
Other Games
summit1g8960
Day[9].tv811
JimRising 598
C9.Mang0380
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick805
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP56
• EnkiAlexander 51
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo485
Other Games
• Day9tv811
• Shiphtur549
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 26m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.