• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:48
CEST 03:48
KST 10:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8171 users

Team Melee Mini Mafia - Couples Therapy - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 01:37 GMT
#1163
On November 09 2011 10:34 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 10:32 GMarshal wrote:
On November 09 2011 10:29 GreYMisT wrote:
On November 09 2011 10:28 GMarshal wrote:
On November 09 2011 10:24 wherebugsgo wrote:
On November 09 2011 10:19 GreYMisT wrote:

GMarshal is saying he fake claimed medic as town to help the medic, and presented the ultimatum "lynch whichever one of us is alive"
.


this times 500

Because I would totally do that as scum and then shoot chaoser.

Totally.

I also enjoy claiming godfather day 1.

Anyway, I'm done explaining myself unless people have specific questions, it should be pretty clear how my actions could pretty much only come from a town viewpoint, unless you are accusing me of playing scum as well as I play a banjo with my feet.


On November 09 2011 10:21 GreYMisT wrote:
GM, I know you have been busy with the whole "trying not to get killed" thing, but what do you think about red21 withholding info? you have yet to mention it at all.


Could you answer this please? it got lost in the potatoes post.

I think they are plotting something with the info they have. Letting it play out. Its not a bad way to use it, I can't wait to see what trap they spring, because at this point its pretty much the only chance we have to pull out of this mess which I have managed to make


Who do you think the second scum is btw? I assume you think the first is WBG.

Its a coinflip between you and RoL/Kurmi, thanks to their incredible lurking.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 01:45 GMT
#1165
On November 09 2011 10:41 redFF wrote:
here were the options for gm scum

Shoot into the townies in wbg/kurumi/super/chaoser (one of them being his scumbuddies)
this would have been bad for a few reasons. First, it limits the number of scummy people at lylo, secondly it leaves the medic(if there is one) and parity cop and gives the parity cop another check(if there is a medic)



try and out the medic/claim medic and not be counterclaimed
if there is a medic, then parity cop had at least 2 more checks and scum was in a spot of bother!
by claiming medic, gm could have
a) outed the medic, letting him shoot a blue, leaving him free to kill the cop tomorrow and hope his buddy wins in 3p lylo

b) not been counterclaimed. If he hadn't been counterclaimed, i bet that GM would have shot me and kita, he then would have made up some shit in the thread about trying to OUTWIFOM scum by protecting a townie. this would have secured an easy win.



had gm not claimed medic as scum, he would have either shot us and missed, or shot a random townie with a small chance of hitting medic/jailkeeper. this would have left both us and the medic alive, given the parity cop a 3rd check. 3 checks in a game this size on a parity cop is really bad for scum.

so yeah i think GM is scum. the optimal move for gm was to shoot chaoser, the optimal move for anyone was to shoot the medic.


that said, why would town gm claim medic. To draw a hit? What reason did gm have to think there wasnt another blue? GM would know that scum would not risk a no kill to kill a parity cop. GM would know that scum knew a parity cop with 2 checks is not that dangerous, not enough to risk a blocked shot.

If gm was town, why would he have argued with the obviously town chaoser instead of just saying he was trying to draw a hit? he would've known it was town vs town and that if he kept this up we would almost certainly lose the game.


tldr gm is scum

dont vote tho please


I've already explained how my actions, if not counterclaimed meant an instant victory for town if a medic existed, and gave at least 50% odds of hitting scum anyway. Cop is the strongest role in small setups, parity cop is just a one day delayed cop, totally worth the life of a townie in exchange for more confirmed town.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 02:14 GMT
#1168
On November 09 2011 10:48 redFF wrote:
GODDAMNIT GM WHY FAKECLAIM AS TOWN THE NIGHT BEFORE LYLO JESUS CHRIST

Because I thought it had a decent chance of winning the game for the town.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 02:25 GMT
#1170
On November 09 2011 11:19 redFF wrote:
HOW

HOW

HOW

I already explained this!

Doc exists and doesn't counterclaim till morning, mafia shoots me, they lose, 1/3 possibility of this happening.

Jailkeeper exists and dosn't counterclaim till morning, mafia shoots me. Town is in a decent positon with one dt check (either guaranteed mafia or one free townie), jailkeeper claims, 2 confirmed townies, and either one free scum or a third confirmed townie, gg, town wins.

No other blue exists, I die, flip green, mafia still has to wifom about shooting dt the next night, DT still got a check of in a pool of 4 players, 2 of which are scum, at worst chances of hitting scum are 2/3. if that is the case there will be a confirmed townie going into day 4, making town have a 50% chance of victory with no analysis.

As long as no one counterclaimed me all would be fine, and at worst I made our chances of winning at least 50%, much higher if a second blue did exist.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 21:10 GMT
#1298
I'm here now, sorry guys, just got home from work.

As far as the situation goes, thanks to the red21 check, we know that 1 of wbg/supersoft is scum. Tempted to say wbg is the scum of the two, however thanks to that check I know 100% certainty that nipples has to be scum. However I'm the only person that is convinced of that, I think, so for today I guess we'll have to choose between supersoft/wbg

Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 21:12 GMT
#1305
On November 10 2011 06:11 redFF wrote:
great since everyone is here. gm, chez or s&g?

If I had to make the decision right now? Chez.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 21:14 GMT
#1309
On November 10 2011 06:13 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 06:11 redFF wrote:
great since everyone is here. gm, chez or s&g?


The Vote is going to ultimately come down to you team red21

Barring any sudden changes in opinion this is what we have thus far:
me and WBG are going to vote against each other, Kurumi has already said he thinks I'm scum, and GM said that he thinks WBG is scum. Thats 2v2, leaving you as the tiebreaker.

I'm going to vote for the opposite of whatever kurumi's team votes, because I know them to be scum.

I'm town, there is one scum between chez/S&g last scum has to be nipple.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 21:16 GMT
#1313
On November 10 2011 06:15 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 06:14 GMarshal wrote:
On November 10 2011 06:13 GreYMisT wrote:
On November 10 2011 06:11 redFF wrote:
great since everyone is here. gm, chez or s&g?


The Vote is going to ultimately come down to you team red21

Barring any sudden changes in opinion this is what we have thus far:
me and WBG are going to vote against each other, Kurumi has already said he thinks I'm scum, and GM said that he thinks WBG is scum. Thats 2v2, leaving you as the tiebreaker.

I'm going to vote for the opposite of whatever kurumi's team votes, because I know them to be scum.


err, that logic doesn't work.

how so?
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 21:17 GMT
#1317
EBWOP: Oh, duh.

So yeah, right now I'm leaning wbg/rad as the scumteam.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 21:20 GMT
#1322
On November 10 2011 06:19 wherebugsgo wrote:

The simple fact that you said your check could be fake has allowed GM and S&G to muddy the waters.

Deliberate and harmful lie! At no point did I accuse kita of lying about the check or anything of the sort!
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 21:23 GMT
#1333
On November 10 2011 06:21 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 06:20 GreYMisT wrote:
On November 10 2011 06:15 kitaman27 wrote:
On November 10 2011 06:14 GMarshal wrote:
On November 10 2011 06:13 GreYMisT wrote:
On November 10 2011 06:11 redFF wrote:
great since everyone is here. gm, chez or s&g?


The Vote is going to ultimately come down to you team red21

Barring any sudden changes in opinion this is what we have thus far:
me and WBG are going to vote against each other, Kurumi has already said he thinks I'm scum, and GM said that he thinks WBG is scum. Thats 2v2, leaving you as the tiebreaker.

I'm going to vote for the opposite of whatever kurumi's team votes, because I know them to be scum.


err, that logic doesn't work.


Regardless, you must realize kita that this comes down to your team. All I can really do to sway you at the moment is say that I am town. at the start of the day WBG jumped onto my push for you to reveal your checks, but faded off while I stayed fanatical about it. Kurumi's argument about my increase in activity around LYLO is null, because he has done the same, just with overall less prior activity. When a town WBG exists in a game, he makes damn sure everyone is voting for his "target" of the day, or goes on a flipping rampage to make sure that happens. He has not done that this game, but rather has made sure to appear aggressive, while going after a wide range of targets. No where early on does he really try to push people to join his lynch.

Hopefully you come to the right choice, and lynch team chezinu.

we know, but there's still the question of tommorow. we're scumhunting. Gm an answer if you please. If kurumi is scum he could just not vote and by your logic we would nolynch and lose.
Yeah I realized my logic there was stupid, I'm probably voting for wbg unless you and kita have some major swaying evidence in the opposite direction.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 21:29 GMT
#1348
On November 10 2011 06:28 wherebugsgo wrote:
I cannot believe this.

I'm glad you guys think I'm so good, that I would be capable of leading town astray for 3 days straight by myself, with 3 afk scumbuddies.

Good god.

You did it in pony mafia.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 21:32 GMT
#1365
##Vote Team Chezinu
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 21:33 GMT
#1371
On November 10 2011 06:32 redFF wrote:
oh fuck

chill, I'm town, you are town. We got this.

Nipple is the last scum
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 21:43 GMT
#1383
I'm just going to collapse into bed now.

Playing mafia when words are dancing on your screen is a lot harder than it sounds.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 21:54 GMT
#1399
On November 10 2011 06:52 redFF wrote:
also supersoft i know you're gonna waltz into the thread and tell us how amazing you are that you found the scum but honestly that was the worst town play i've ever seen and i've seen some pretty bad stuff.

I think I get the award for that.

I really thought it might win us the game at the time. Lesson learned, when you are practically hallucinating, your "brilliant plan" is probably not so brilliant. It *could* have worked though!
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 22:06 GMT
#1424
On November 10 2011 07:04 wherebugsgo wrote:
This is the situation we faced this game:

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Follow_the_Cop

it's really only breakable with a roleblocker. I wouldn't call the setup imbalanced if I hadn't experienced it myself (I'm not blaming anyone, I don't blame Palmar, I'm just saying that in the future this needs to be changed)

IMO mafia should never be punished for forcing a roleclaim. People claiming and then loling to victory is just crazy stupid IMO. This game is about analysis, not dumb luck.

That is why I argued for either a roleblocker/framer or a miller in the pregame, DT is just too powerful without it, especially if there is a high probability of protection roles being present.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-09 23:19:24
November 09 2011 23:17 GMT
#1473
On November 10 2011 08:09 Palmar wrote:
btw, just to give insight, what's considered the problem with this setup on mafiascum, is the fact that once only 1 scum is left, he can basically jail the other scum and act as a backup cop, because over there they get told they save a life or something. That's why no one gets notified of anything this game.

Edit: and remember on mafiascum, the cop is normal, so they can easily find a guilty on n1 and n2, thus just ending the game, and even then mafia is winning about half of the time

They actually are not notifed, but that was a potential problem in this game too.

Imagine chaoser as a jailkeeper, and kita surviving to day 3. Jailkeeper claims. We lynch scum of off kitas check

jailkeeper roleblocks one of the remaining players, dt checks the other. if anyone dies the person who was rbed is confirmed town. If no one dies, lynch off of the dt check.

And mafiascum towns suck, terribly. Reading over their games made my eyes almost literally bleed, apparently not answering the question "what is your favorite movie" is grounds for being lynched.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 23:22 GMT
#1479
Lessons learned this game: Cops are awesome! Fever leads to terrible plays. Counterclaims should wait till day.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 23:30 GMT
#1485
On November 10 2011 08:24 Palmar wrote:
yes, that was my initial reason for nerfing cop -> parity cop

I am more than willing to change the 2of4 if we intend to use it again on TL. It's not about me defending the setup, it's me having a problem with people who blame the game (lol @ fucking zerg whiners on TL) instead of blaming themselves, even if the odds are slightly against them, that's what I consider a challenge.

Can someone suggest a modification to the 2of4 setup that would make it more balanced.

I ran this version on another site:

1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 5 Vanilla Townies, Cop, Doctor.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 5 Vanilla Townies, Cop, Veteran.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 5 Vanilla Townies, Vigilante, Veteran.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 5 Vanilla Townies, Vigilante, Doctor.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 5 Vanilla Townies, Vigilante, Cop.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 5 Vanilla Townies, Doctor, Veteran.

It replaces rolecop with roleblocker, and removes jailor/vanilla and adds vigilante and veteran

Honestly, on tl I see two blues in a 9 player setup as too much. The proportion I've found works well is 1 blue for every two mafia. Cop is really strong in small setups, and the vigi is basically a free confirmed townie for the town. The "easiest" fix for stopping follow the cop would be to either make 1 vt a miller or replace the somewhat useless rolecop with a framer. Or a roleblocker, and just have the scum rb resolve before the jailkeeper roleblock, I never saw how that was an issue at all tbh.
Moderator
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 159
NeuroSwarm 97
FoxeR 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 488
Rain 151
Bale 68
League of Legends
Doublelift4876
Other Games
summit1g9311
JimRising 588
ViBE212
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick655
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• Light_VIP 10
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1127
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 12m
Patches Events
13h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 12m
OSC
21h 12m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.