• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:06
CEST 08:06
KST 15:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9224 users

Pick Their Power Mafia 2 - Page 17

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 149 Next
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
July 25 2011 02:32 GMT
#321
So the real question is would a mafia be brazen enough to immediately ask for the item an hour into the game.
Moderator
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
July 25 2011 02:40 GMT
#322
New idea:

-We vote for the use of the wand KP along with the normal lynch. We also include the vote of "No Kill"
-We stop discussing Voldemort and Harry Potter and try to scum hunt
-We only bring them up again if they act scummy, (Read: Beyond talking about their roles)
-If ON disobeys town wishes, we lynch him

Thoughts?
you gotta dance
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
July 25 2011 02:41 GMT
#323
could be bus drivers and roleblockers... so no
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
July 25 2011 02:43 GMT
#324
Yeah, I hate this idea, if mafia has a rb only kills that will go through will be townies. I want the wand back and I agree that we should stop discussing this.
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
July 25 2011 02:50 GMT
#325
I WILL NOT GIVE THE WAND TO HARRY.

I WILL GIVE WAND TO SOMEONE WHO IS NOT HARRY. PROVIDED THEY ALSO AGREE NOT TO GIVE IT TO HARRY


Thats the jist of what im saying. If you wish to lynch me im taking it to the grave. Id rather have a KP in town hands and dead then someone who i have no idea about alignment.

There is no reason for me to give up this item when I believe I can put it to use for what are my goals as well as the majority of your goals. While I wont say your scum for questioning this logic. For example If just claimed Item collecter 1 and Jackal claimed Item Collecter 2 would you have a hint of alignment. No the only thing that has anywhere near any meaning to alignment is the fact that IN CANON OF THE FLAVOUR OF THIS GAME VOLDEMORT IS EVIL.

Note: For all we know Mafia could be swell guys and not nessicarily evil we could live in a corrupt town of corporate bigots and dbags. Evil =/= Scum Scum = ANTI TOWN.

In fact for the remainder of the game we may as well call me item collecter 1 and jackal item collecter 2

Elder Wand = Gun
Cloak = BP Vest
Stone = Medkit

When you break it down into these kinds of terms its just an average game of mafia. The entireity of the case on me or Jackal being scum is purely flavour text in the PMs. I even asked Decon and my Win Con does not require me to kill Jackal in any way shape or form. And I have no reasoning to under the current conditions of the game.

Also i know better than to claim D1 as SK or Mafia, I only did it as town as I didnt want someone else to pick up a free KP.

OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
July 25 2011 02:50 GMT
#326
On July 25 2011 11:40 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
New idea:

-We vote for the use of the wand KP along with the normal lynch. We also include the vote of "No Kill"
-We stop discussing Voldemort and Harry Potter and try to scum hunt
-We only bring them up again if they act scummy, (Read: Beyond talking about their roles)
-If ON disobeys town wishes, we lynch him

Thoughts?


I am absolutely fine with all these points.
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
July 25 2011 02:50 GMT
#327
What happens to the wand if ON dies with it?
lalala
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
July 25 2011 02:50 GMT
#328
On July 25 2011 11:41 redFF wrote:
could be bus drivers and roleblockers... so no

So, instead, we give a KP to someone who is questionably town, and let him use it however he wants?

RBs makes no difference for whether or not we tell him who to kill, as if he announces his kill slightly before the day post (as he should), this problem is still existent. Mafia can still target him with RB just to keep the KP out of play (or choose not to RB because they don't think he can aim).

If he announces his kill slightly before the day post (as he should), then he can still claim bus driver, if that person isn't dead and someone else is.

This way, gives us more information about more people, for who they vote for. The fact that the kill might not go through, is secondary to that, because that problem still exists whether or not we follow this plan, and this way we generate more discussion.

On July 25 2011 11:43 sandroba wrote:
Yeah, I hate this idea, if mafia has a rb only kills that will go through will be townies. I want the wand back and I agree that we should stop discussing this.

San, that's huge WIFOM, and even then, ties up a mafia RB with ON constantly, who only has 1 KP that we know of, and keeps the KP itself out of play (not necessarily a bad thing).

Also, are you able to use the wand yourself?
you gotta dance
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
July 25 2011 02:51 GMT
#329
Also before I hand it back to Sand I want a vote on weather you want me to keep it and use as essentialy a free double lynch OR weather we want it out and gone.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
July 25 2011 02:54 GMT
#330
Can other players even use the wand if it was given to them? I had assumed it was only for ON or Jackal.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
July 25 2011 02:55 GMT
#331
imo give it to me.
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
July 25 2011 02:55 GMT
#332
On July 25 2011 11:54 kitaman27 wrote:
Can other players even use the wand if it was given to them? I had assumed it was only for ON or Jackal.


afaik only us two can recognize it as the elder wand and use it.
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
July 25 2011 02:56 GMT
#333
Yea I assume no one else can use the wand. I just say give it back to sandroba. I normally think double lynches for town are insanely good but considering mafia can pick when they want to roleblock. I would rather not risk it.
Moderator
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
July 25 2011 02:57 GMT
#334
I think you should give it to someone else. At the end of the day if the town feels a suitable target should die, you'll be given the wand.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
July 25 2011 02:57 GMT
#335
On July 25 2011 11:56 Mig wrote:
Yea I assume no one else can use the wand. I just say give it back to sandroba. I normally think double lynches for town are insanely good but considering mafia can pick when they want to roleblock. I would rather not risk it.


What makes you think mafia has a roleblocker? Seems pretty unlikely to me.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
July 25 2011 02:58 GMT
#336
On July 25 2011 11:54 kitaman27 wrote:
Can other players even use the wand if it was given to them? I had assumed it was only for ON or Jackal.

That's the way my role PM reads.
I'm going to bed. Catch up with you guys in the morning.
Life can only kill you once.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
July 25 2011 02:59 GMT
#337
Give it to sandroba, from his reaction to having the stick and not sneakily giving it to his mafia team member and not telling the thread, I have him as town or mafia but not with jackal or ON. Give it back to sandroba, the less kp the better.
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
July 25 2011 02:59 GMT
#338
On July 25 2011 11:57 kitaman27 wrote:

What makes you think mafia has a roleblocker? Seems pretty unlikely to me.


Why is it unlikely? Last ptp there were several rbing roles.
Moderator
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
July 25 2011 03:00 GMT
#339
No, I cannot use, else I would not have given it away lol. No votes clumping up the thread, just give it back please. Despite the host saying that he told all mafia/sks, you still managed to claim your aligment incorrectly so I see no reason to trust you. It's also not a double lynch when so many things can fuck with it.
@Wiggles It does not tie the rb, they only have to use it when the target is mafia, and they can even wifom the hell out of town by rb'ing when the target is town. It's bad, we shouldn't do it.
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
July 25 2011 03:00 GMT
#340
Would anyone object to me giving the wand to Mig for now?
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 149 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1197
910 107
Snow 94
Hyun 81
NotJumperer 55
Bale 33
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto258
League of Legends
JimRising 614
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King155
Other Games
summit1g6416
Coldzera 724
WinterStarcraft434
C9.Mang0278
PiGStarcraft169
NeuroSwarm134
ViBE21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick559
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 40
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2239
League of Legends
• Rush1113
• Lourlo1064
• Stunt369
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 54m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 54m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 54m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.