• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:15
CEST 13:15
KST 20:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8968 users

Pick Their Power Mafia 2 - Page 148

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 Next
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 19:43:06
August 07 2011 19:41 GMT
#2941
On August 08 2011 03:51 Varpulis wrote:
w00t we won.

See guys, i wasn't bullshitting about my incredibly convenient role.

so amber did visit sandro the night he died?

For fun, the super important info that i was promising come morning was this:

-kita killed heist
-dropbear killed heist
-drazerk killed heist

one was true. kita was dead and drazerk seemed more like scum than dropbear.


Yessir I prot'd him

Rolled a 1. Went for a re-roll because I knew I was going to be targeted so I wanted a 3. I got a 1 again...

Really was fun to play. Had fun writing the role for wiggles, sorry I didn't word it correctly I guess.

Thanks Deconduo!
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 07 2011 20:08 GMT
#2942
Oh hey, it's over! GJ town!

Only one thing I really want to mention-- sorry to heist who made the REALLY cool Rock role-- I had to completely gut and rewrite it to make it clearer/more workable. I tried to keep the original idea somewhat intact, so I hope I accomplished that!

This game was a lot of fun to host, with all the crazy abilities flying around.
:3
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
August 07 2011 20:11 GMT
#2943
On August 08 2011 04:41 Curu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 04:39 bumatlarge wrote:
On August 08 2011 03:36 Curu wrote:
And WOW.

bum's action: shoots bum

bum never ever lie to Town again holy shit. If I wasn't so convinced already Drazerk was Mafia your lie that you did something to Drazerk could have lost the game for Town. wtf were you thinking


Um what the fuck are you talking about? I said I tried to shoot drazerk, and I got roleblocked. I'm still not exactly sure how everything went down, but everything I claimed in thread is what I did, and everything I did I claimed in thread. Please read the conversation deconduo and drazerk had, this is rather insulting.


My bad if you did then, but the Google spreadsheet shows you tried to shoot yourself. And then before you got lynched you said you actioned Drazerk, when deconduo had you down as shooting yourself.

Led to a wtf moment because if you and Drop had both actioned Drazerk he would've been dead or unable to commit his kill.


Why would I ever shoot myself? I'm curious too dec can you explain this?
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
August 07 2011 20:12 GMT
#2944
On August 08 2011 05:11 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 04:41 Curu wrote:
On August 08 2011 04:39 bumatlarge wrote:
On August 08 2011 03:36 Curu wrote:
And WOW.

bum's action: shoots bum

bum never ever lie to Town again holy shit. If I wasn't so convinced already Drazerk was Mafia your lie that you did something to Drazerk could have lost the game for Town. wtf were you thinking


Um what the fuck are you talking about? I said I tried to shoot drazerk, and I got roleblocked. I'm still not exactly sure how everything went down, but everything I claimed in thread is what I did, and everything I did I claimed in thread. Please read the conversation deconduo and drazerk had, this is rather insulting.


My bad if you did then, but the Google spreadsheet shows you tried to shoot yourself. And then before you got lynched you said you actioned Drazerk, when deconduo had you down as shooting yourself.

Led to a wtf moment because if you and Drop had both actioned Drazerk he would've been dead or unable to commit his kill.


Why would I ever shoot myself? I'm curious too dec can you explain this?


That's why I was like WTF bum.

My apologies, I assumed that you just actually did that.
wat
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
August 07 2011 20:23 GMT
#2945
On August 08 2011 03:32 Curu wrote:
I love how Nisani didn't even use his role. And picked the most useless thing for Kurumi, rofl.

Also wut, Wiggles saved me? I was a terrible save . But I love you man.

How did you guys know I created Foolishness's role?

There's a Wheel of Time topic on Team Liquid, you have some posts in there. I know not conclusive, but I still figured it was you.
On August 08 2011 03:37 kitaman27 wrote:
Any purpose behind that role restriction Foolishness or were you just trying to troll? :p

It's just a way to hide any real posting restriction I may have had. It ended up being a nice distraction since so many people (like redFF) spent time trying to figure it out or prod me about it. That wasn't the original intention though. I was planning on doing it from the start regardless of what my role was. In these types of crazy games a fake roleclaim is incredibly powerful no matter whose side you are on (especially in the late game). So I planned to use it as a method of claiming a pro-town role in the late game. It worked out better since I ended up being the godfather so I could make up another role that made use of that. The thief role kinda made that moot though and I may have sent Deconduo an angry PM about that =P
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
August 07 2011 20:25 GMT
#2946
Godamnit you really did your research huh. Wow.
wat
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
August 07 2011 20:27 GMT
#2947
On August 08 2011 05:25 Curu wrote:
Godamnit you really did your research huh. Wow.

This is mafia ^.^
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
August 07 2011 20:32 GMT
#2948
It still boggles my mind why Wiggles chose me of all people to protect. But that kinda screwed you over, lol.
wat
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 07 2011 20:33 GMT
#2949
On August 08 2011 05:12 Curu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 05:11 bumatlarge wrote:
On August 08 2011 04:41 Curu wrote:
On August 08 2011 04:39 bumatlarge wrote:
On August 08 2011 03:36 Curu wrote:
And WOW.

bum's action: shoots bum

bum never ever lie to Town again holy shit. If I wasn't so convinced already Drazerk was Mafia your lie that you did something to Drazerk could have lost the game for Town. wtf were you thinking


Um what the fuck are you talking about? I said I tried to shoot drazerk, and I got roleblocked. I'm still not exactly sure how everything went down, but everything I claimed in thread is what I did, and everything I did I claimed in thread. Please read the conversation deconduo and drazerk had, this is rather insulting.


My bad if you did then, but the Google spreadsheet shows you tried to shoot yourself. And then before you got lynched you said you actioned Drazerk, when deconduo had you down as shooting yourself.

Led to a wtf moment because if you and Drop had both actioned Drazerk he would've been dead or unable to commit his kill.


Why would I ever shoot myself? I'm curious too dec can you explain this?


That's why I was like WTF bum.

My apologies, I assumed that you just actually did that.


Warning: There are typos on the spreadsheet
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
August 07 2011 20:35 GMT
#2950
On August 08 2011 05:32 Curu wrote:
It still boggles my mind why Wiggles chose me of all people to protect. But that kinda screwed you over, lol.

Haha yes. Was quite unfortunate; we sent in 3 kills and only one of them went through. But 3 townies still died so upfront it looked like nothing had happened (except Wiggles took two hits). After the day post I facepalm'd and cursed PTP games =P
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 07 2011 20:36 GMT
#2951
On August 08 2011 05:35 Foolishness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 05:32 Curu wrote:
It still boggles my mind why Wiggles chose me of all people to protect. But that kinda screwed you over, lol.

Haha yes. Was quite unfortunate; we sent in 3 kills and only one of them went through. But 3 townies still died so upfront it looked like nothing had happened (except Wiggles took two hits). After the day post I facepalm'd and cursed PTP games =P


Yeah, for PTP3 I'm going to be MUCH stricter with roles and hopefully it will be a better balanced game.
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
August 07 2011 20:38 GMT
#2952
I don't think you should know who you're picking for. I entered the game with the impression that the most OP roles would be Mafia (and I was kinda right, youngminii was the only one who had a role that would be amazing for Mafia but was Town).

I also knew I was stealing Foolishness's power as soon as I got my role cause I made that one OP as hell lol.
wat
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
August 07 2011 21:04 GMT
#2953
On August 08 2011 05:36 deconduo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 05:35 Foolishness wrote:
On August 08 2011 05:32 Curu wrote:
It still boggles my mind why Wiggles chose me of all people to protect. But that kinda screwed you over, lol.

Haha yes. Was quite unfortunate; we sent in 3 kills and only one of them went through. But 3 townies still died so upfront it looked like nothing had happened (except Wiggles took two hits). After the day post I facepalm'd and cursed PTP games =P


Yeah, for PTP3 I'm going to be MUCH stricter with roles and hopefully it will be a better balanced game.


stop letting people nerf bc!
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
August 07 2011 21:05 GMT
#2954
On August 08 2011 05:38 Curu wrote:
I don't think you should know who you're picking for. I entered the game with the impression that the most OP roles would be Mafia (and I was kinda right, youngminii was the only one who had a role that would be amazing for Mafia but was Town).

I also knew I was stealing Foolishness's power as soon as I got my role cause I made that one OP as hell lol.


What I had originally made for Palmar was OP as hell. However they tweaked it pretty thoroughly when he was made mafia.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
August 07 2011 21:44 GMT
#2955
KK, this is over now, it seems. GJ to the rest of town. :p

On August 08 2011 03:13 Foolishness wrote:
Man I knew Curu picked my role that's why we tried to kill him night 1.

*shakes fist at Wiggles*

On August 08 2011 05:32 Curu wrote:
It still boggles my mind why Wiggles chose me of all people to protect. But that kinda screwed you over, lol.


Basically, my thought process for night 1 was that I was pretty mad that everyone decided to lynch BC. There were a couple of people I had town reads on, Sandroba, and I think Palmar, maybe someone else, who were helping oppose the BC lynch. As well, I had a town read on you, even though you were one of the ones the strongest for lynching BC. Reading through your posts though, I got a town vibe, even if you were on the wrong side of the lynch after the flip. So, my choices for protection were you, Sandroba, and Foolishness. Foolishness was in there, because he would be an obvious mafia target as a vet, but he was very useless on Day 1, so I figured he was mafia or just not trying, and not worth protecting. Then, between you and Sand, most of Sand's posts were 1-liners, while yours were longer and more thought out. Between the two of you, you seemed more valuable at that point, and more likely to attract a hit.

I actually wasn't supposed to die from protecting you, Deconduo just conveniently forgot I had an extra life (<3), so I died when I shouldn't have. My plan for day 2 then, was that if you/I were hit, and no vig claimed to have shot you, you were basically cleared from suspicion in my eyes, and I was going to claim the save and extra life, but not the regeneration part. Also, if mafia tried to fake they were a vig, then we would have a good 1-1 trade. After that, I was going to try to push hard for a Foolishness lynch, because re-reading his posts while trying to figure out if he was worth protecting, he seemed rather scummy to me.

Alas, I died and none of my awesome plan got to happen though, oh well. :p

GG
you gotta dance
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
August 07 2011 22:07 GMT
#2956
You're a hero bro. A true Canadian hero.
wat
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
August 07 2011 23:25 GMT
#2957
Well played Lanaia -_-. I made bums role in case it wasnt obvious lol.
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
August 08 2011 01:14 GMT
#2958
Great job town. Was a fantastic and fun game to play. RedFF I hope you liked the role, Deconduo only tweaked some of its mechanics. Too bad you never got to actually use it.
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
August 09 2011 09:23 GMT
#2959
I made Syllo's role with the intent of a bunch of people dying at once and everyone being confused.

lalala
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
August 09 2011 15:21 GMT
#2960
I hope you enjoyed your role Varpulis.
Who the fuck makes Harry Potter scum??????

Life can only kill you once.
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 654
WardiTV218
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 11902
StarCastTV_EN365
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko274
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14019
Bisu 3836
Jaedong 3580
EffOrt 1139
BeSt 892
ZerO 446
Horang2 436
Pusan 263
Larva 240
actioN 232
[ Show more ]
Zeus 222
Hyun 139
Mind 133
Barracks 87
ggaemo 71
Killer 47
scan(afreeca) 44
Sharp 43
NotJumperer 38
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 34
Shinee 30
Sacsri 21
Hm[arnc] 21
Sea.KH 15
Terrorterran 13
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 5
Dota 2
Dendi116
League of Legends
JimRising 331
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1649
byalli776
Other Games
crisheroes247
Pyrionflax175
dupreeh101
Mew2King68
DeMusliM58
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Jankos1299
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 45m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.