• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:26
CEST 11:26
KST 18:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8967 users

Pick Their Power Mafia - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 185 Next
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
May 30 2011 00:19 GMT
#141
Enjoy and good luck
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
May 30 2011 00:36 GMT
#142
Role is sent in.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
May 30 2011 01:02 GMT
#143
I´m so interested if anyone could think of a truly new that isn´t old roles combined into a clusterfuck^^
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
May 30 2011 01:05 GMT
#144
On May 30 2011 10:02 Mataza wrote:
I´m so interested if anyone could think of a truly new that isn´t old roles combined into a clusterfuck^^


There are some really awesome roles actually, I'm very much looking forward to them. Also a few totally wtf roles.
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 30 2011 01:08 GMT
#145
Probably not. The best roles are just creative combinations of the powers that are possible in mafia.

example: Bulletproof Miller. Evil role, that.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 30 2011 01:09 GMT
#146
EBWODP: Ninja'd by the host.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
May 30 2011 01:12 GMT
#147
On May 30 2011 10:08 Varpulis wrote:
Probably not. The best roles are just creative combinations of the powers that are possible in mafia.

example: Bulletproof Miller. Evil role, that.

i can think of a bunch of wtf roles that arent already in mafia.
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
May 30 2011 01:12 GMT
#148
Mine is in! So looking forward to this!
Sucker for nostalgia
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 30 2011 01:18 GMT
#149
Mine was totally wtf, but too op if he/she became mafia.
I dunno what my new one is sorta like. Seems redundant or just already done, but I felt it'd be fitting and a nice screw in this game.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
May 30 2011 01:23 GMT
#150
my role is strong, but not too op for mafia i think.
chaos13
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada885 Posts
May 30 2011 01:31 GMT
#151
My role is awesome for a townie and useless for a mafia. If I end up on a scum team with this person, I'm gonna be so upset with myself.

Since this question was overlooked earlier, will we be informed of who picked our role for us?
Karshe
Profile Joined November 2010
United States212 Posts
May 30 2011 01:46 GMT
#152
Also, at any point in the game will you be allowed to claim someone else's role?

i.e. "I know Karshe is lying about his role because I gave him ______"

or

"We may not want to lynch Karshe because I gave him the power to smite all those who voted for him."

Of course that could lead to false claiming...
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
May 30 2011 01:52 GMT
#153
No we won´t know who picked a role for us.
On May 30 2011 04:03 deconduo wrote:
Remember that the person you are picking for shouldn't know that you are the one picking their role, so please don't announce/hint it in the thread before the game starts.


But Karshe´s question is quite intriguing in my opinion. I mean role knowledge is super powerful for town and practically impossible to fake for mafia, unless you and the person you pick for are mafia.

Also I think it would be less fun if there is not some wtf moment. I thought it was the point of the game.
(And no, I am not mafia, alignments haven´t been send out yet)
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
hiro protagonist
Profile Joined January 2009
1294 Posts
May 30 2011 01:54 GMT
#154
role sent! hopefully its not too powerful
"I guess if you climb enough off-widths, one of these days, your gonna get your knee stuck and shit your pants. Its just an odds thing really" -Jason Kruk
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
May 30 2011 01:55 GMT
#155
Sent mine in. Looking forward to seeing what I get ^_^
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 30 2011 02:00 GMT
#156
kitaman must not have the most recent post in the top 3 threads.

I'm changing mine to make it more fun. This one's actually original. i take back what I said before.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
May 30 2011 02:09 GMT
#157
inb4batman

I think I sent a nice role, not too strong but should prove fun and useful for either alignment.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
May 30 2011 03:57 GMT
#158
Ok, Decon didn't end up accepting my zombie-mason-bulletproof-ascetic-cult recruiter role. it wasn't OP at all, the zombie had to post 'brains' in every post or get modkilled!

Yeech. Anyway, I sent in a better one that I don't think he'll deny because its so hilarious and awesome that I wish I had it.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
chaos13
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada885 Posts
May 30 2011 04:00 GMT
#159
On May 30 2011 12:57 tnkted wrote:
Ok, Decon didn't end up accepting my zombie-mason-bulletproof-ascetic-cult recruiter role. it wasn't OP at all, the zombie had to post 'brains' in every post or get modkilled!

Yeech. Anyway, I sent in a better one that I don't think he'll deny because its so hilarious and awesome that I wish I had it.


tnkted: "I'm a zombie that is immune to night kills and will give you a scum free PM circle."
town: "LOLOL ##vote: tnkted"

That was a painful game to watch.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
May 30 2011 04:05 GMT
#160
Funny thing was.. I was telling the truth! except for the nightkill thing.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 185 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto113
League of Legends
JimRising 422
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1223
edward147
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8196
ceh9637
Happy366
crisheroes199
Sick156
dupreeh69
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 34m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.