• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:29
CEST 17:29
KST 00:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7972 users

Insane Mafia - Page 142

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 223 Next
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 04 2010 03:24 GMT
#2821
On November 04 2010 12:13 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 12:10 Ace wrote:
On November 04 2010 11:53 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I say we lynch Ace and KtheZ if pandain flips blue. If he flips red we lynch Nemesis and Deconduo.

that's why we should use a vig hit IMO


Excuse me? Explain sir.

I'm not impressed with your "scumhunting" in this game, you're basically picking the weakest targets. I feel like if mafia were going to hit any experienced player it would be you first and you didn't roleclaim to bumatlarge even though he was probably the surest blue in the game and the only one you could PM with (to our knowledge)

If you're mafia you'd also be the ideal person to save with a bus. It comes down to the lynch turnout but if pandain turns blue I don't have a better target besides perhaps infinitestory.


How is picking Pandain weak when you yourself pointed out he was scummy? Bum and I BOTH agreed he was fishy. Several other players also said Pandain was scummy. So please do explain how me saying Pandain is scummy means I'm picking on a weak player. If he's playing like obvious Scum then guess what - he's probably Scum. You seem to be trying to save face with every lynch by saying "well if we're wrong, look at this person!". You pegged Pandain as scum also so how does that make me Scummy and you innocent?

Also that's a WIFOM argument. If any experienced player is going to be protected it would probably be me and the circle never ends. There have also been many games where I've actually lived till Day 3 and was innocent. So what's your reasoning for that?

Secondly why would I roleclaim to bum? Everyone who knows how I play KNOWS I don't roleclaim unless I have to. I also do not share information unless people have to know. So why would I role claim to bum? I never knew if he was innocent, and you can also see in my private messages I said I don't know if he's a Scum Mason. So once again, explain WHY would I roleclaim to an unconfirmed townie? Bum was not the surest blue in the game so stop lying. The ONLY thing we knew about him was that he claimed Mason.

Lastly, there isn't a wagon or pressure on me so where does bussing come into play? Are you trying to undermine me in hopes of setting up a future lynch? Also explain how infinitestory is a better target if Pandain flips blue, when you just claimed we should lynch KtheZ if Pandain flips blue.

You are being really wishy-washy. In fact it looks like you'd rather lynch any of us pushing Pandain's lynch as if you KNOW he's going to flip innocent.

Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
November 04 2010 03:24 GMT
#2822
Well Doc, you guessed it. Coag was right, I am just trying to save him. Because any real mafia would go to that length to save a teammate who has given up like coag has...

And how does it waste lynches? YOu have already stated that you want to lynch pandain and you seem sure he is mafia, why can't you lynch him today and me tomorrow? I mean if I'm lying then you lynch 2 reds(panda/me) - then coag so 3 reds overall, if I am telling the truth you lynch a red(panda) and one other dies as well(coag) as another scummy player(not sure yet) and me. Seems like it is much better for the town that way, if we just do it your way(coag/panda) then you just get the same result as me lying except you don't know if Im red or blue
I can already see the ending
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 04 2010 03:27 GMT
#2823
I bet Doc's next argument is "because you have a defiler icon, you must be Scum!"
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
November 04 2010 03:28 GMT
#2824
On November 04 2010 12:27 Ace wrote:
I bet Doc's next argument is "because you have a defiler icon, you must be Scum!"

zerg icon = auto scum ..


Im not sure about what 666 is trying to say.. is he saying he gives up also or he being sarcastic about being mafia
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 04 2010 03:30 GMT
#2825
On November 04 2010 12:28 Kenpachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 12:27 Ace wrote:
I bet Doc's next argument is "because you have a defiler icon, you must be Scum!"

zerg icon = auto scum ..


Im not sure about what 666 is trying to say.. is he saying he gives up also or he being sarcastic about being mafia

phew, thank god i dont have a zerg icon anymore

hes being sarcastic btw

also, if dc turns out to be mafia, and we follow his plan, he just handed himself to us on a silver platter o_o although in that case we would also lose some townies probably
Translator:3
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 04 2010 03:31 GMT
#2826
On November 04 2010 12:24 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 12:13 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On November 04 2010 12:10 Ace wrote:
On November 04 2010 11:53 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I say we lynch Ace and KtheZ if pandain flips blue. If he flips red we lynch Nemesis and Deconduo.

that's why we should use a vig hit IMO


Excuse me? Explain sir.

I'm not impressed with your "scumhunting" in this game, you're basically picking the weakest targets. I feel like if mafia were going to hit any experienced player it would be you first and you didn't roleclaim to bumatlarge even though he was probably the surest blue in the game and the only one you could PM with (to our knowledge)

If you're mafia you'd also be the ideal person to save with a bus. It comes down to the lynch turnout but if pandain turns blue I don't have a better target besides perhaps infinitestory.


How is picking Pandain weak when you yourself pointed out he was scummy? Bum and I BOTH agreed he was fishy. Several other players also said Pandain was scummy. So please do explain how me saying Pandain is scummy means I'm picking on a weak player. If he's playing like obvious Scum then guess what - he's probably Scum. You seem to be trying to save face with every lynch by saying "well if we're wrong, look at this person!". You pegged Pandain as scum also so how does that make me Scummy and you innocent?

It doesn't, I want to lynch Pandain. I want a vig to hit him tonight. He is my #2 suspect, I've never gone back on this

Also that's a WIFOM argument. If any experienced player is going to be protected it would probably be me and the circle never ends. There have also been many games where I've actually lived till Day 3 and was innocent. So what's your reasoning for that?

Secondly why would I roleclaim to bum? Everyone who knows how I play KNOWS I don't roleclaim unless I have to. I also do not share information unless people have to know. So why would I role claim to bum? I never knew if he was innocent, and you can also see in my private messages I said I don't know if he's a Scum Mason. So once again, explain WHY would I roleclaim to an unconfirmed townie? Bum was not the surest blue in the game so stop lying. The ONLY thing we knew about him was that he claimed Mason.

I felt he was the surest blue in the game. I just feel a bit suspicious of you, I'm not lying. Who was the surest blue in the game? IMO bumatlarge was, that's how I percieved it. That's not a lie.

Lastly, there isn't a wagon or pressure on me so where does bussing come into play? Are you trying to undermine me in hopes of setting up a future lynch? Also explain how infinitestory is a better target if Pandain flips blue, when you just claimed we should lynch KtheZ if Pandain flips blue. No. I want to lynch Pandain. I feel like if Pandain wasn't the mafia behind the bandwagon attacks on me, then InfiniteStory was. At least he had the sense to back off when it was clear the arguments weren't working while Pandains tenacity is consistent with his previous games where he was a townie who was just really bad at scumhunting. I think Pandain is mafia and I certainly want him lynched. That hasn't changed.

You are being really wishy-washy. In fact it looks like you'd rather lynch any of us pushing Pandain's lynch as if you KNOW he's going to flip innocent. Pandain is my #2 choice, I want him vig killed or lynched. I haven't gone back on this, I'm just willing to consider the possibility that he isn't mafia. I'm a little bit nervous because I think we're at the point where making a mistake as a town will result in an inevitable defeat and I guess it's making me seem a little wishy-washy.


RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 04 2010 03:32 GMT
#2827
On November 04 2010 12:27 Ace wrote:
I bet Doc's next argument is "because you have a defiler icon, you must be Scum!"

I'm not calling you scum I'm just saying I don't feel confident in you. Your defense is really aggressive
RIP Aaliyah
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
November 04 2010 03:32 GMT
#2828
On November 04 2010 12:28 Kenpachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 12:27 Ace wrote:
I bet Doc's next argument is "because you have a defiler icon, you must be Scum!"

zerg icon = auto scum ..


Im not sure about what 666 is trying to say.. is he saying he gives up also or he being sarcastic about being mafia

DC can't be scum, he was "foresaw" by Node to be dead. I assume that counts as a mafia kill. Mafia won't target their own as a target. Then Node is lying?

DC please restate that confusing post of yours.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 04 2010 03:33 GMT
#2829
On November 04 2010 12:24 DCLXVI wrote:
Well Doc, you guessed it. Coag was right, I am just trying to save him. Because any real mafia would go to that length to save a teammate who has given up like coag has...

And how does it waste lynches? YOu have already stated that you want to lynch pandain and you seem sure he is mafia, why can't you lynch him today and me tomorrow? I mean if I'm lying then you lynch 2 reds(panda/me) - then coag so 3 reds overall, if I am telling the truth you lynch a red(panda) and one other dies as well(coag) as another scummy player(not sure yet) and me. Seems like it is much better for the town that way, if we just do it your way(coag/panda) then you just get the same result as me lying except you don't know if Im red or blue


You're right. I'm trying to consider what kind of advantage mafia could get from doing this and there isn't one. Why go to that length to save coagulation who is clearly their worst player?

I'll switch my vote to Pandain. I say we go with DC's plan.

what's preventing mafia from hitting you and blowing up your bombs preemptively? Does your bomb switch occur before a hit does?
RIP Aaliyah
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 04 2010 03:35 GMT
#2830
On November 04 2010 12:33 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 12:24 DCLXVI wrote:
Well Doc, you guessed it. Coag was right, I am just trying to save him. Because any real mafia would go to that length to save a teammate who has given up like coag has...

And how does it waste lynches? YOu have already stated that you want to lynch pandain and you seem sure he is mafia, why can't you lynch him today and me tomorrow? I mean if I'm lying then you lynch 2 reds(panda/me) - then coag so 3 reds overall, if I am telling the truth you lynch a red(panda) and one other dies as well(coag) as another scummy player(not sure yet) and me. Seems like it is much better for the town that way, if we just do it your way(coag/panda) then you just get the same result as me lying except you don't know if Im red or blue


You're right. I'm trying to consider what kind of advantage mafia could get from doing this and there isn't one. Why go to that length to save coagulation who is clearly their worst player?

I'll switch my vote to Pandain. I say we go with DC's plan.

what's preventing mafia from hitting you and blowing up your bombs preemptively? Does your bomb switch occur before a hit does?

this is a good question to ask
i have a feeling the bomb switch will occur first, but we should get it clarified
Translator:3
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 04 2010 03:36 GMT
#2831
Of course my defense is aggressive. I know I'm innocent, have been making sound arguments for Pandain's lynch and you say I should be lynched if he flips blue.

Surely you'd be a bit perturbed if someone is talking about putting the noose around your neck.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
November 04 2010 03:38 GMT
#2832
On November 04 2010 12:21 Coagulation wrote:
i did the edit to put pic in spoiler so i dont shit up the thread too much

First and only warning

No bigge, just don't do it again without asking for permission

I'm just wondering, what if a banling came in and saw this thread? Half of us would get temp banned
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
November 04 2010 03:38 GMT
#2833
I wonder how long we can argue over this; We still have like 34 hours left.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 04 2010 03:38 GMT
#2834
Fair enough. You're probably the most valuable scumhunter we have.

Can I ask you who you would want lynched if Pandain ended up blue? If that is the case I think Pandain would have been manipulated into his aggressive stance throughout the game. Mafia in games against him (in brownbears game where i was mafia and in haunted where I observed mafia) both decided to take full advantage of his gullibility and how easy it is to manipulate him.

I guess that's why I would look at InfiniteStory cause IS seems to fit that role better than anyone.

I hope there are more DT's and that we have some good information after the night is over.
RIP Aaliyah
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
November 04 2010 03:39 GMT
#2835
options as I see them
(my plan)lynch pandain today, me tomorrow so that I can kill coag and another scummy player instead of someone else
If I am lying well you are lynching me and pandain who doc wants to lynch anyways, and then you lynch coag. So the town is still lynching reds every vote (presuming pandain is red, which doc seems to believe)
Or you do docs plan which is to lynch Coag, then pandain. I lose a bomb and lose my effectiveness because I only get a vig hit when I die, so there is no 2for1 when lynching me.
Mad hatter is a role I have never seen on a mafia, and I am asking you guys to lynch me tomorrow. What is there to lose?
I can already see the ending
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
November 04 2010 03:39 GMT
#2836
Gah you guys post to fast - that was in response to LD
I can already see the ending
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 04 2010 03:40 GMT
#2837
I'm switching over to your boat just so you know, already changed my vote.
RIP Aaliyah
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 04 2010 03:41 GMT
#2838
If Pandain flipped blue I'd look at anyone else who tried to undermine your original campaign too.

I'd also look at the people who voted for you, and you yourself. I'm just as suspicious of you as you are of me. Before the lynch comes around you seem sure, but then you get a bit wishy-washy.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 04 2010 03:43 GMT
#2839
I'm not a very confident townie and I'll admit I'm a bit easily persuaded. I'm sticking with my convictions in this case and I think you'll find that I've always come back to my senses. I stuck with Aeres and I'm sticking to Pandain now.
RIP Aaliyah
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
November 04 2010 03:44 GMT
#2840
On November 04 2010 12:33 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 12:24 DCLXVI wrote:
Well Doc, you guessed it. Coag was right, I am just trying to save him. Because any real mafia would go to that length to save a teammate who has given up like coag has...

And how does it waste lynches? YOu have already stated that you want to lynch pandain and you seem sure he is mafia, why can't you lynch him today and me tomorrow? I mean if I'm lying then you lynch 2 reds(panda/me) - then coag so 3 reds overall, if I am telling the truth you lynch a red(panda) and one other dies as well(coag) as another scummy player(not sure yet) and me. Seems like it is much better for the town that way, if we just do it your way(coag/panda) then you just get the same result as me lying except you don't know if Im red or blue


You're right. I'm trying to consider what kind of advantage mafia could get from doing this and there isn't one. Why go to that length to save coagulation who is clearly their worst player?

I'll switch my vote to Pandain. I say we go with DC's plan.

what's preventing mafia from hitting you and blowing up your bombs preemptively? Does your bomb switch occur before a hit does?

I'm sorry doc, but you seem to be all over the place now. You are even suspecting DC who was saved by a medic from a mafia hit, and you seem so set that mafia had to have set up that huge shithole in day 2 against you and even pointing inifinitestory who will most likely be confirmed tonight.

Considering all possible situations are fine, but you seem to be running around in a circle of WIFOM right now.
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 223 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM481
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 481
Reynor 254
ByuN 211
TKL 163
Railgan 75
Codebar 50
BRAT_OK 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 58231
Bisu 2934
Calm 1561
FanTaSy 1016
Stork 815
Rush 426
hero 386
firebathero 185
Snow 124
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 69
Mind 65
actioN 55
Sea.KH 51
ToSsGirL 38
Trap 38
Pusan 35
Bale 27
Mong 23
Sexy 23
soO 23
Rock 20
Aegong 20
Terrorterran 19
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 11
Sacsri 10
Shine 9
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8808
Dendi1062
Counter-Strike
fl0m5539
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King90
Other Games
singsing2194
Liquid`RaSZi1493
B2W.Neo731
Beastyqt590
olofmeister541
Mlord460
Khaldor384
KnowMe317
Hui .212
crisheroes176
Chillindude63
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV271
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV580
League of Legends
• Nemesis3080
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1698
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 31m
OSC
7h 31m
Replay Cast
7h 31m
OSC
20h 31m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.