• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:24
CEST 08:24
KST 15:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10148 users

Haunted Mafia - Page 113

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 111 112 113 114 115 142 Next
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
October 19 2010 05:28 GMT
#2241
On October 19 2010 14:14 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2010 14:10 Divinek wrote:
On October 19 2010 14:01 jcarlsoniv wrote:
It looks like he was bomb killed. The other three were modkilled.



it looks like he was modkilled just like jodo but he wanted to let us know who each of the bombs were on

Correct.


Ooooooooh ok. Makes sense.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
October 19 2010 06:08 GMT
#2242
Le sigh.

Here's hoping we get our act together and don't lose too many members tonight.
whole lies with a half smile
KhrisKruel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States146 Posts
October 19 2010 08:10 GMT
#2243
so 23 town players and 17 mafia left.

Honestly I think we'd have a better chance of lynching mafia if we just flip a coin
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~Buddha
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
October 19 2010 11:39 GMT
#2244
Well, let's just hope mafia and vamps get busy killing each other tonight. =/
darkness overpowering
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 19 2010 11:41 GMT
#2245
Not that I like saying "i told you so", but I did.

We should start with clues/lurkers, not "the way they act". Obviously, we're either not good enough to figure out who is M/V by the way they post, OR, we've been listening to the wrong people.

Either way, maybe next time try to judge by yourself and not go with the flock. I'm gonna keep my vote on HeavOnEarth until something more solid comes along.

This was a freaking epic-loss night for the town.
We're fucked.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
October 19 2010 12:39 GMT
#2246
On October 19 2010 20:41 CubEdIn wrote:
Not that I like saying "i told you so", but I did.

We should start with clues/lurkers, not "the way they act". Obviously, we're either not good enough to figure out who is M/V by the way they post, OR, we've been listening to the wrong people.

Either way, maybe next time try to judge by yourself and not go with the flock. I'm gonna keep my vote on HeavOnEarth until something more solid comes along.

This was a freaking epic-loss night for the town.
We're fucked.


This was only partially a "how they act". It was people freaking out because Bill Murray lashed out, and orgolove pushed for glurio to be lynched. Glurio really gave no proof that he was scum, but people still rolled with it. The scum run this town...

However, 4 of the 5 deaths were from modkills. We've lost way more to inactivity than to good play, which is fucking ridiculous. Don't sign up if you don't plan on playing...it's ruining the game for everyone else.

I mean, if the scum feel happy that town is so weak, cool, congrats. But it's not like they did anything to get there. They aren't playing well, the town is just dying because we lose 3+ people to modkills everyday.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 19 2010 15:33 GMT
#2247
I know but it's frustrating as hell to start off with a good lynch and then lose half of the townies from there (i know i'm exaggerating).

I mean, couldn't the modkills be mafia? Why does the town have to suffer from inactivity. In a game with 2x the number of reds, we can't lose these many people with just making ONE correct guess.

So far, my "gut feeling" told me to vote for Masq (which I did, and got some ppl to come along as well), NOT vote for Veldril (but I did it anyway, since if I hadn't, it would look like I would've gone back on my "word" - that if Masq is red then most likely so is veld, even though I stated that Veld may just be a newbie who overreacted), and now, that BM's replacement would sink us all, and it kinda did.

How we have to start from scratch, but we have a lot of suspects. The only thing we NEED to do is weed out some that are most likely mafia, maybe based on fking decent clues now, not like the silver hammer that was a clue in Night 0 when Player X wasn't even here. (NOT saying artanis or whoever is NOT red, but reasoning like that is what gets us in the middle of an empty field).

So how about focusing more on clues, and weeding out people who are not helping (lurkers, spammers, etc). I hope the reds go after Aztrorisk now, since 2 JoLs are already down. I'm really curious if he's a bad townie player or a really bad red player.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
October 19 2010 16:00 GMT
#2248
... Oh my. This is NOT good for town. After all the shenanigans that our friend Bill stirred up, I was certain his motives were impure... but whaddya know, he really WAS what he claimed to be. And considering the ongoing spree of town modkills, it looks like we need to get our shot together if we're gonna win this.

From what I've read, pretty much all of our lynches have been bandwagon kills. This won't do at all. Whether you agreed with Pandain or not, he was an asset to the town, in terms of supplying a tangible sense of comraderie and leadership. With his demise, we need to band together and make informed decisions on likely Mafia and Vampire players. This game has no Mayor, but I'm not sure we can eke out a win if we don't appoint at least a symbolic one, a leader who can unite the town and dispel the spate of "I'm voting to lynch this guy because these other guys are" day results. And besides, as it is, there's no obvious "central player" for Detectives and Mad Scientists to feed information to, which hurts our collective ability to choose a viable candidate for a red lynch.

I also gotta say I'm very disappointed with the modkills happening left and right. If you have a sudden, urgent matter to take care of that simply cannot overlap with Mafia play, that's unfortunate, but understandable. I'll wish you luck in RL and in the next game if that's the case. What I don't accept are the modkills that arose because "Oh, I can play for a few days, but I'm heading to Vegas this Wednesday, so I'll drop out then" is detrimental to the whole game, regardless of your role. Mafia should not be a game where you can pick and choose your play time. If you're unable or unwilling to invest the time needed to see the game through to its conclusion, then don't sign up, so that those with a vested interest in playing can sign up. You're hurting the players when you quit midgame without a damn good reason. (This goes triple for the assholes who get modkilled for poor behavior. Stop that!)
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
October 19 2010 16:26 GMT
#2249
I completely agree with you Aeres, in every sense of that post.

The modkills are frustrating. It's especially disheartening because it looks like people are just like "Oh, well, I'm a townie, I don't have to do shit, it's no fun not having a role." Well that's hurting the game, and I really hope the people we have left are willing to put the time and effort in to at least try to win it.

Also, we do need some sort of leadership. The whole game has been the town bandwagoning on vague clues and poor behavior. We don't have much information from our blues (or whatever blues we even have left), and the town is scrambling and getting pushed around by the scum. We need to do something, centralize the ideas and information, instead of just letting the scum turn our heads the wrong way.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 19 2010 16:34 GMT
#2250
I propose me as leader and we just take random shots at people I find suspicious (like lack of posts, funny names, "feels like a red").
I bet we'll do better than we did so far.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
October 19 2010 17:19 GMT
#2251
On October 20 2010 01:00 Aeres wrote:
I also gotta say I'm very disappointed with the modkills happening left and right. If you have a sudden, urgent matter to take care of that simply cannot overlap with Mafia play, that's unfortunate, but understandable. I'll wish you luck in RL and in the next game if that's the case. What I don't accept are the modkills that arose because "Oh, I can play for a few days, but I'm heading to Vegas this Wednesday, so I'll drop out then" is detrimental to the whole game, regardless of your role. Mafia should not be a game where you can pick and choose your play time. If you're unable or unwilling to invest the time needed to see the game through to its conclusion, then don't sign up, so that those with a vested interest in playing can sign up. You're hurting the players when you quit midgame without a damn good reason. (This goes triple for the assholes who get modkilled for poor behavior. Stop that!)

Sadly, this tends to happen in games with lots of new players. People get bored and stop checking the game, they forget, or they are sad that they didn't get a blue/red role and decide not to play any more. Don't worry, this tends to not be a very serious problem in most games. I understand your frustration, but I promise it will get better.
Uff Da
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
October 19 2010 18:09 GMT
#2252
Holy shit, I was watching by the side line and this mod kill flood is getting way out of hand. If you want, I can be a replacement player for the next wave of modkill.
zerroth
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada173 Posts
October 19 2010 20:23 GMT
#2253
O.O wow shiet! damit too bad JoL didnt get any reds !!!!!
With no power, comes no responsibility.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
October 19 2010 21:05 GMT
#2254
appoint me leader. i am already trying to be one. read up.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 19 2010 21:30 GMT
#2255
No thanks, I'm not listening to anyone. I'll post my opinions and listen to others, but I've seen where bandwaggoning gets you, so no thanks. Democracy ftw.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
October 19 2010 21:40 GMT
#2256
We don't need a leader, we need a PLAN. If you have a plan that the whole town can participate in to weed out mafia, that'd be perfect. Unfortunately, I doubt that's possible, so the plans are probably happening in PM land instead.

As far as lynching, I say we look at both clues and analyses and see what matches up. We should continue down both lanes, hopefully independently so less bias is involved, and maybe town can make a comeback.
darkness overpowering
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
October 19 2010 21:44 GMT
#2257
On October 20 2010 01:34 CubEdIn wrote:
I propose me as leader



On October 20 2010 06:30 CubEdIn wrote:
No thanks, I'm not listening to anyone. I'll post my opinions and listen to others, but I've seen where bandwaggoning gets you, so no thanks. Democracy ftw.



wat
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
October 19 2010 21:47 GMT
#2258
I agree that we do need a leader of some kind. I don't mean the everyone follow everything he says blindly as leader, but more of a way to connect the blues to work together kind of leader.
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
October 19 2010 22:26 GMT
#2259
On October 20 2010 06:47 Nemesis wrote:
I agree that we do need a leader of some kind. I don't mean the everyone follow everything he says blindly as leader, but more of a way to connect the blues to work together kind of leader.

Sounds like a good idea to get a leader. Oh, except for the fact that the leader may be a vampire or mafia.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
October 19 2010 22:54 GMT
#2260
On October 20 2010 06:44 annul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2010 01:34 CubEdIn wrote:
I propose me as leader



Show nested quote +
On October 20 2010 06:30 CubEdIn wrote:
No thanks, I'm not listening to anyone. I'll post my opinions and listen to others, but I've seen where bandwaggoning gets you, so no thanks. Democracy ftw.



wat


Way to nitpick.

What I ACTUALLY wrote was:

On October 20 2010 01:34 CubEdIn wrote:
I propose me as leader and we just take random shots at people I find suspicious (like lack of posts, funny names, "feels like a red").
I bet we'll do better than we did so far.


Which was clearly sarcasm.
Maybe next time read my entire post?
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Prev 1 111 112 113 114 115 142 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft778
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 525
ggaemo 333
Stork 306
Leta 199
PianO 64
Hyuk 31
yabsab 19
Bale 18
ZergMaN 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
Reynor73
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King184
Westballz55
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor672
Other Games
summit1g9354
C9.Mang0308
PiGStarcraft182
Sick150
ArmadaUGS70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick649
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Lourlo1314
• Stunt495
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 36m
Online Event
4h 36m
FEL
9h 36m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.