• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:16
CEST 16:16
KST 23:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War505.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7986 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 29

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 180 Next
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
October 14 2010 06:43 GMT
#561
Even though BM was a pain to play with and caused a lot of trouble it was undeniable that he loved mafia and imo was worth keeping for that. This time he definitely went too far though. Good job Dr H on handling it the way you did.

On October 14 2010 13:05 Foolishness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2010 06:50 Infundibulum wrote:
next time you host a game fw im smurfing in it as revenge

And this is exactly why smurfing should not be allowed for anyone.


Shove it broski.



Liquipedia
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
October 14 2010 09:30 GMT
#562
I like BM
lalala
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
October 14 2010 13:39 GMT
#563
On October 14 2010 15:43 Ver wrote:
Even though BM was a pain to play with and caused a lot of trouble it was undeniable that he loved mafia and imo was worth keeping for that. This time he definitely went too far though. Good job Dr H on handling it the way you did.

Show nested quote +
On October 14 2010 13:05 Foolishness wrote:
On October 14 2010 06:50 Infundibulum wrote:
next time you host a game fw im smurfing in it as revenge

And this is exactly why smurfing should not be allowed for anyone.


Shove it broski.





Keeping that one person that loves Mafia, while killing a lot of others' love for Mafia.
Not exactly a good trade off.
靈魂交響曲
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
October 14 2010 16:43 GMT
#564
On October 14 2010 22:39 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2010 15:43 Ver wrote:
Even though BM was a pain to play with and caused a lot of trouble it was undeniable that he loved mafia and imo was worth keeping for that. This time he definitely went too far though. Good job Dr H on handling it the way you did.

On October 14 2010 13:05 Foolishness wrote:
On October 14 2010 06:50 Infundibulum wrote:
next time you host a game fw im smurfing in it as revenge

And this is exactly why smurfing should not be allowed for anyone.


Shove it broski.





Keeping that one person that loves Mafia, while killing a lot of others' love for Mafia.
Not exactly a good trade off.

And that's why we have bans for discipline.
Uff Da
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-14 18:53:55
October 14 2010 18:53 GMT
#565
On October 15 2010 01:43 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2010 22:39 Fishball wrote:
On October 14 2010 15:43 Ver wrote:
Even though BM was a pain to play with and caused a lot of trouble it was undeniable that he loved mafia and imo was worth keeping for that. This time he definitely went too far though. Good job Dr H on handling it the way you did.

On October 14 2010 13:05 Foolishness wrote:
On October 14 2010 06:50 Infundibulum wrote:
next time you host a game fw im smurfing in it as revenge

And this is exactly why smurfing should not be allowed for anyone.


Shove it broski.





Keeping that one person that loves Mafia, while killing a lot of others' love for Mafia.
Not exactly a good trade off.

And that's why we have bans for discipline.


My point was to question SR's logic of "worth keeping one around", just because he "loves" Mafia, when more harm is done than good in this case.
靈魂交響曲
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
October 15 2010 02:19 GMT
#566
Not much else to do when things get that far out of hand - good ban.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
October 15 2010 05:39 GMT
#567
kane]deth[, NukeTheBunnys, and Crisis_ were all modkilled in XXXI for failure to vote. To be fair, the game had basically died due to DrH's game stealing all the active players, but still.
SUNSFANNED
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 15 2010 06:07 GMT
#568
Those three players aren't in my game : /
RIP Aaliyah
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
October 15 2010 07:08 GMT
#569
actually it was bm's fault
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
October 15 2010 07:29 GMT
#570
On October 14 2010 13:24 Ace wrote:
that all smurfing game was the worst thing ever conceived lol... =[

I was actually thinking about hosting another one. Like infundi said, showtime shit on it, I thought it was fun up until that point.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
October 15 2010 07:33 GMT
#571
On October 15 2010 15:07 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Those three players aren't in my game : /

He meant all the other players who were in both games stopped posting in the thread in favor of yours, which killed the activity.

also jesus christ, I am so happy I didn't begin reading all of your thread until the day post game. If I caught up just to die I would of quit mafia.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Protactinium
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada550 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-15 10:10:58
October 15 2010 10:10 GMT
#572
On October 15 2010 16:29 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2010 13:24 Ace wrote:
that all smurfing game was the worst thing ever conceived lol... =[

I was actually thinking about hosting another one. Like infundi said, showtime shit on it, I thought it was fun up until that point.

I already have about 15 ways in which I can destroy the argument for another smurf game, and only three of them involve abusing my IP checking connections?

Also Ver where are you -__-
And so, we find the Sublime.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-15 15:00:03
October 15 2010 14:56 GMT
#573
On October 15 2010 14:39 BrownBear wrote:
kane]deth[, NukeTheBunnys, and Crisis_ were all modkilled in XXXI for failure to vote. To be fair, the game had basically died due to DrH's game stealing all the active players, but still.

I don't know about NukeTheBunnys or Crisis_, but kane]deth[ skirted pretty close to being banned for inactivity the last time he played as well.
I assume you want bans for all 3?

On October 15 2010 16:29 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2010 13:24 Ace wrote:
that all smurfing game was the worst thing ever conceived lol... =[

I was actually thinking about hosting another one. Like infundi said, showtime shit on it, I thought it was fun up until that point.

My problem with the game was the focus was on connecting the smurf to a player, not playing the game. It might work better in a setting without PMs/IMs/IRC, but with them it is just terrible.
Uff Da
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-15 17:16:13
October 15 2010 17:16 GMT
#574
On October 15 2010 23:56 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2010 14:39 BrownBear wrote:
kane]deth[, NukeTheBunnys, and Crisis_ were all modkilled in XXXI for failure to vote. To be fair, the game had basically died due to DrH's game stealing all the active players, but still.

I don't know about NukeTheBunnys or Crisis_, but kane]deth[ skirted pretty close to being banned for inactivity the last time he played as well.
I assume you want bans for all 3?



Yah, drop tha hamma. Crisis_ for some reason thought there were 72 hours in the day cycle -.-
SUNSFANNED
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
October 15 2010 17:51 GMT
#575
Honestly I probably deserve a ban, I just got really busy and couldn't keep up with the game. In any case I don't think I will sign up for another mafia game so its kinda a moot point
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-15 18:07:20
October 15 2010 18:06 GMT
#576
On October 16 2010 02:16 BrownBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2010 23:56 Qatol wrote:
On October 15 2010 14:39 BrownBear wrote:
kane]deth[, NukeTheBunnys, and Crisis_ were all modkilled in XXXI for failure to vote. To be fair, the game had basically died due to DrH's game stealing all the active players, but still.

I don't know about NukeTheBunnys or Crisis_, but kane]deth[ skirted pretty close to being banned for inactivity the last time he played as well.
I assume you want bans for all 3?



Yah, drop tha hamma. Crisis_ for some reason thought there were 72 hours in the day cycle -.-

Okay. Crisis_ and NukeTheBunnys get a 1 game ban. kane]deth[ already had a warning, so he gets a 2 game ban.

On October 16 2010 02:51 NukeTheBunnys wrote:
Honestly I probably deserve a ban, I just got really busy and couldn't keep up with the game. In any case I don't think I will sign up for another mafia game so its kinda a moot point

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you had fun while it lasted.
Uff Da
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-15 18:14:16
October 15 2010 18:14 GMT
#577
On October 15 2010 19:10 Protactinium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2010 16:29 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
On October 14 2010 13:24 Ace wrote:
that all smurfing game was the worst thing ever conceived lol... =[

I was actually thinking about hosting another one. Like infundi said, showtime shit on it, I thought it was fun up until that point.

I already have about 15 ways in which I can destroy the argument for another smurf game, and only three of them involve abusing my IP checking connections?


That's something we call breaking the rules.
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
October 16 2010 06:27 GMT
#578
On October 15 2010 23:56 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2010 14:39 BrownBear wrote:
kane]deth[, NukeTheBunnys, and Crisis_ were all modkilled in XXXI for failure to vote. To be fair, the game had basically died due to DrH's game stealing all the active players, but still.

I don't know about NukeTheBunnys or Crisis_, but kane]deth[ skirted pretty close to being banned for inactivity the last time he played as well.
I assume you want bans for all 3?

Show nested quote +
On October 15 2010 16:29 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
On October 14 2010 13:24 Ace wrote:
that all smurfing game was the worst thing ever conceived lol... =[

I was actually thinking about hosting another one. Like infundi said, showtime shit on it, I thought it was fun up until that point.

My problem with the game was the focus was on connecting the smurf to a player, not playing the game. It might work better in a setting without PMs/IMs/IRC, but with them it is just terrible.

Yeah that pissed me off in the game. I would ban outside thread communication. I was under the impression showtime did most of the bullshit with figuring out who is who. The point of the game is so you actually have to do behavior analysis based off of the game, not comparing people to the past or people getting killed off name recognition.

That shit creates a meta in mafia which I believe is undesirable for a variety of reasons. It discourages new people, creates an environment of elitism, and gets people killed early based off of their previous accomplishments. I think by forcing people to be judged by their arguments and not associating their name it makes it more about the game then it does the meta, which can be apparent in some instances.

An example would be any mayoral vote. BM condescending to newbs in the previous game, and Ace getting killed day 1 by mafia or day 2 by town in half his games.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
October 16 2010 06:30 GMT
#579
On October 15 2010 19:10 Protactinium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2010 16:29 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
On October 14 2010 13:24 Ace wrote:
that all smurfing game was the worst thing ever conceived lol... =[

I was actually thinking about hosting another one. Like infundi said, showtime shit on it, I thought it was fun up until that point.

I already have about 15 ways in which I can destroy the argument for another smurf game, and only three of them involve abusing my IP checking connections?

Also Ver where are you -__-

What are the ways that would be within the rules? I understand the desire to abuse the game can be easy, but it defeats the purpose. the point of signing up for a smurf game isn't to try to abuse the shit out of it, if you intend to try to find out AKA's I would ban you, its against the point of the game and no one should join it intending to do that even if PM's were allowed.

If I hosted it, I would require anyone who received PM's with alias fishing to be modkilled/banned because if you wanted to pull that shit just join a normal game, not a smurf game.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
October 16 2010 06:34 GMT
#580
On October 16 2010 15:30 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2010 19:10 Protactinium wrote:
On October 15 2010 16:29 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
On October 14 2010 13:24 Ace wrote:
that all smurfing game was the worst thing ever conceived lol... =[

I was actually thinking about hosting another one. Like infundi said, showtime shit on it, I thought it was fun up until that point.

I already have about 15 ways in which I can destroy the argument for another smurf game, and only three of them involve abusing my IP checking connections?

Also Ver where are you -__-

What are the ways that would be within the rules? I understand the desire to abuse the game can be easy, but it defeats the purpose. the point of signing up for a smurf game isn't to try to abuse the shit out of it, if you intend to try to find out AKA's I would ban you, its against the point of the game and no one should join it intending to do that even if PM's were allowed.

If I hosted it, I would require anyone who received PM's with alias fishing to be modkilled/banned because if you wanted to pull that shit just join a normal game, not a smurf game.


i agree entirely. I really dislike the name association with how the game goes
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 348
TKL 243
CranKy Ducklings152
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1134
Lowko532
TKL 239
ProTech121
Rex 116
MindelVK 21
EmSc Tv 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59164
Free 1801
Horang2 319
firebathero 255
Zeus 206
Last 111
Hyun 79
910 73
ToSsGirL 69
Pusan 46
[ Show more ]
Trap 46
soO 31
Bishop 22
Rock 21
Aegong 20
scan(afreeca) 18
Yoon 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7539
Dendi850
XaKoH 434
420jenkins70
canceldota41
Counter-Strike
fl0m2616
byalli654
Other Games
singsing2305
Mlord547
Beastyqt354
KnowMe132
Liquid`VortiX102
DeMusliM95
QueenE68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 10
EmSc2Tv 10
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
• StrangeGG 19
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2768
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1511
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
2h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 44m
Patches Events
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
OSC
1d 8h
OSC
1d 21h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.