• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:48
CEST 20:48
KST 03:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7325 users

Рабоче-Крестьянская Красная Армия мафия - Page 31

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 63 Next
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 08 2010 05:15 GMT
#601
On March 08 2010 14:10 Incognito wrote:
Two important announcments:

1. Archives. We still have missing players. All of you people are suspicious. We also have players who haven't been keeping up with staying on top of keeping their post updated. This is essential. Plus, in the case that you die, it makes it a lot easier for us to see why you were hit. Critical.

Show nested quote +
Players missing from the archives:

4. Sidesprang
5. ~OpZ~
10. Fishball
13. Nemy
22. Vivi57
23. Foolishness
25. l10f


2. Roleclaims. Once again, there is no reason not to roleclaim to me unless you think I'm mafia. In which case you step up and state your opinions. Otherwise, I need your roleclaims ASAP. I've already got some coming in. The later your roleclaim the more suspicious you become! Thanks.


Updated. It is the weekend you know.
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 08 2010 05:16 GMT
#602
On March 08 2010 14:13 Foolishness wrote:
Fishball - Has yet to make a post that's been more than 2 sentences.


Besides the last 2 games, that is pretty much how I roll for the past 10 games.
靈魂交響曲
johnnyspazz
Profile Joined April 2009
Taiwan1470 Posts
March 08 2010 05:18 GMT
#603
On March 08 2010 13:29 johnnyspazz wrote:
[image loading]

Poll: replace meeple?
(Vote): no
(Vote): yes, new players only
(Vote): yes, dead and new players

need more votes
"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less." -Brendan Behan
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 08 2010 05:20 GMT
#604
On March 08 2010 14:16 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2010 14:13 Foolishness wrote:
Fishball - Has yet to make a post that's been more than 2 sentences.


Besides the last 2 games, that is pretty much how I roll for the past 10 games.


Great way to be pro-town there buddy. Really appreciate it.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
March 08 2010 05:22 GMT
#605
The more I think about this game the more I feel that it's a glorified probability problem.

Generalized scenario: There are only town and mafia. If we just run through the players on the list by having them try to shoot each other while the mafia try to whittle us down 2 at a time, we'll have basically checked everyone by Day 6. Assuming that the town continuously hits other townies, we'll have 16 dead (10 by mafia, 6 by us) which leaves the 6 who shot AND THEN, presumably 4 mafia. This is the worst-case scenario, but it also gives us the most information possible.

Obviously it gets slightly more complicated with CIA in the way, for in the above scenario the town HAS to be ready to execute faster than the CIA can.

I don't even think we really NEED to consider DTs/medics too much because the execute-by-list system gives us WAY more information than a vote/lynch system. One DT gives us another day of wiggle room; two DTs gives us another day. I actually think medics protecting during early game can be actually a bit detrimental then, because we don't get any confirmed information.

Triggerhappy is a different case, in which case they should roleclaim.

Of course, the problem remains that the mafia can choose to kill LESS townies to keep us confused... but in which case we still continue to pair people off and have them shoot each other. At this point, argument isn't really necessary, because we're all just fodder.

The real problem is going to be in hunting down the CIA agent(s) in the end-game - but DTs won't really be important in that scenario; only behavioral analysis and (maybe) medics.

So, my proposal:
Two people (who have not previously executed people) will attempt to execute each other as fast as possible, giving us confirmed information about the killer, who is either green or CIA, and the killed, who is green/blue/red. DTs can go ahead and check an arbitrary 3rd person that hasn't been checked/killed before.

If we have a pair of people that are incapable of killing each other, we split them up and have them killed by a different set of townies. It honestly doesn't matter if we even HAVE a list, let alone having it be public/private; we just have to be careful not to reuse anyone. For that reason I now think shooting Malongo/BM is now a bad idea (though shooting BM may still have some merit as he could fuck things up later).

The two problems I see are that either we have MORE mafia than 4 - in which case I believe we'll end up killing them rather quickly, so no biggie - or if we have LESS than 4, in which case the remaining 4 will simply have to shoot each other.

So, tl;dr: it doesn't matter if we have a list or a plan just so long as we continuously rotate in new shooters and shootees.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 08 2010 05:22 GMT
#606
On March 08 2010 14:20 Foolishness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2010 14:16 Fishball wrote:
On March 08 2010 14:13 Foolishness wrote:
Fishball - Has yet to make a post that's been more than 2 sentences.


Besides the last 2 games, that is pretty much how I roll for the past 10 games.


Great way to be pro-town there buddy. Really appreciate it.


Like I care how you what you think?
靈魂交響曲
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 08 2010 05:26 GMT
#607
On March 08 2010 14:22 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2010 14:20 Foolishness wrote:
On March 08 2010 14:16 Fishball wrote:
On March 08 2010 14:13 Foolishness wrote:
Fishball - Has yet to make a post that's been more than 2 sentences.


Besides the last 2 games, that is pretty much how I roll for the past 10 games.


Great way to be pro-town there buddy. Really appreciate it.


Like I care how you what you think?


Weren't you in the last game? Try harder dude, it goes like this:

NOBODY CARES!

I guess considering how you could die next day, you should care a little bit about what I think.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 08 2010 05:29 GMT
#608
EBWOP: It's just a moot point though
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 08 2010 05:32 GMT
#609
Incognito I already said I fully support randomized list via shooters and thats my position.

Shockeyy really thinks im going to believe his claim. I'm shooting him as soon as day hits if he isn't dead tonight. I wasn't hit last night, so really there is 0 reason for him to think I'd believe his claim. He wasn't under any pressure to claim, and he claimed medic. Any real medic who isn't an idiot would claim town. Whatever, I'm done trying to help the town out only to be ignored until the end of the game when you all go "shit, we should have listened to him :/" for the 100th time. Caller, bless his soul has given me the power to take the law into my own hands. I'd be a fool to once again let you guys do as you please just to lose. Fuck you all.

Incognito is not a confirmed townie. No one needs to privately roleclaim. You role claim in the thread. Only way Incog is confirmed is if a doc was fished and said they protted Incog and they both verified it. That said I really don't care what any of you do.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
CynanMachae
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Canada1459 Posts
March 08 2010 05:34 GMT
#610
On March 08 2010 14:22 d3_crescentia wrote:
Triggerhappy is a different case, in which case they should roleclaim.

Just to point ou that:
On March 04 2010 10:36 Caller wrote:
Triggerhappy: If you are killed at day or at night you take down your shooter with you. You have a really itchy trigger finger. You also don’t know that you’re the Triggerhappy. You also have the abilities of a Commissar.


Jang Yoon Chul hwaiting!
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
March 08 2010 05:36 GMT
#611
On March 08 2010 14:34 CynanMachae wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2010 14:22 d3_crescentia wrote:
Triggerhappy is a different case, in which case they should roleclaim.

Just to point ou that:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2010 10:36 Caller wrote:
Triggerhappy: If you are killed at day or at night you take down your shooter with you. You have a really itchy trigger finger. You also don’t know that you’re the Triggerhappy. You also have the abilities of a Commissar.



Oh, well fuck my dick that complicates things a bit more. Still don't think it'll be that big of a deal, unless our list-randomization is totally stacked for mafia.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
March 08 2010 05:40 GMT
#612
Meeple...we can kill him, he's banned for 2 weeks lol....
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 08 2010 05:40 GMT
#613
execute:

awww shit!

Had ya jumpy there for a second huh?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 08 2010 05:41 GMT
#614
On March 08 2010 14:26 Foolishness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2010 14:22 Fishball wrote:
On March 08 2010 14:20 Foolishness wrote:
On March 08 2010 14:16 Fishball wrote:
On March 08 2010 14:13 Foolishness wrote:
Fishball - Has yet to make a post that's been more than 2 sentences.


Besides the last 2 games, that is pretty much how I roll for the past 10 games.


Great way to be pro-town there buddy. Really appreciate it.


Like I care how you what you think?


Weren't you in the last game? Try harder dude, it goes like this:

NOBODY CARES!

I guess considering how you could die next day, you should care a little bit about what I think.


Did you not read the part where I said "Beside the last 2 games"?
So yes I was in the last game, DUH?
靈魂交響曲
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 08 2010 05:43 GMT
#615
I've got no idea what you're talking about. But I like Fishball, he's cool. And doesn't give a shit.

Fishball you want me to kill that guy for you? Just let me know man. I'm a gun for hire.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
March 08 2010 05:46 GMT
#616
On March 08 2010 14:32 Ace wrote:
Incognito I already said I fully support randomized list via shooters and thats my position.

Shockeyy really thinks im going to believe his claim. I'm shooting him as soon as day hits if he isn't dead tonight. I wasn't hit last night, so really there is 0 reason for him to think I'd believe his claim. He wasn't under any pressure to claim, and he claimed medic. Any real medic who isn't an idiot would claim town. Whatever, I'm done trying to help the town out only to be ignored until the end of the game when you all go "shit, we should have listened to him :/" for the 100th time. Caller, bless his soul has given me the power to take the law into my own hands. I'd be a fool to once again let you guys do as you please just to lose. Fuck you all.

Incognito is not a confirmed townie. No one needs to privately roleclaim. You role claim in the thread. Only way Incog is confirmed is if a doc was fished and said they protted Incog and they both verified it. That said I really don't care what any of you do.


Yes, but what are the qualities of a rotating list that are superior to a static public list? I think I might have an idea but I'd like your thoughts.

Ok confirmation coming up...
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 08 2010 05:47 GMT
#617
On March 08 2010 10:41 citi.zen wrote:
A few things:

A. The Bill Murray situation

1. Bill should not have acted the way he did.
2. Bill is 99.99% green.
3. 75% sure Bill can be disciplined/trusted from this point on, if he feels he is kept in the loop & acting according to a shared plan.

I think it is a really bad idea to kill Bill, just like the other night I thought it was not smart to kill Malongo.

B. I find it odd some people keep insisting we kill confirmed but undisciplined greens: wasting another day on killing them only compounds the problem, putting the reds in a better spot. How come so few people challenged this nonsensical approach?!?



I honestly felt like L was red, and I like him.
He scolded me previously to me doing that, and I was irritated at him.
I debated on actually "pulling the trigger" and hitting post.
If given another chance, I will not kill again, unless you all ask me to. My idea is this: Every time I'm up to kill someone, tell me who to kill, and i'll do it. I'll give you my cell phone number and you can text me when to log on if i'm not online, no problem.

Citi.zen is 100% correct here.
I'll keep killing (if you all want me to) until I come across a trigger happy trigger-finger blue role and i get counter killed and flip green like I always do
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 08 2010 05:49 GMT
#618
Rotating list based on who shoots is unpredictable. Always randomized. Mafia can't buy time to fake claim. Static public lists are still good. Just that more randomness up to a certain point heavily favors the town.

Either way I'm not even worried about you. You can't be confirmed based off of your word only and you don't need anyone roleclaiming to you since it's going to be done in public.

Somehow I'm sure no one is going to listen anyway, people will continue to PM each other and when shit hits the fan no one will know why.

Oh well, I'm voting with my gun.

Shockeyy which one do you want first? Ebony or Eivori?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
March 08 2010 05:52 GMT
#619
ace wanna kill nemy instead?
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 08 2010 05:54 GMT
#620
Why nemy? He may be lurking but he didn't post one of the top 0 of worst posts in history ever.

Whats the case against him?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 240
ProTech164
BRAT_OK 52
MindelVK 26
JuggernautJason20
CosmosSc2 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23630
Shuttle 694
Hyuk 174
White-Ra 140
Dewaltoss 98
firebathero 76
Trap 48
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 23
Shine 19
[ Show more ]
Bale 17
Rock 16
Dota 2
Gorgc9761
qojqva1524
Counter-Strike
fl0m1560
Fnx 811
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2113
Khaldor1361
crisheroes1314
Liquid`Hasu460
Other Games
summit1g4186
FrodaN1534
Beastyqt638
Mlord318
XBOCT296
C9.Mang0185
ArmadaUGS179
QueenE83
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 75
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur329
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 12m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 12m
Online Event
16h 12m
FEL
21h 12m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.