• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:18
CEST 19:18
KST 02:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9378 users

BloodyC0bblers's Mafia XVI - Page 17

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 45 Next All
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
January 21 2010 21:39 GMT
#321
Voting has just over 7 hours left. Everyone Please vote by then.
Remember that activity is needed to make this a fun game, so everyone lurking should also be posting
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
dozko
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom160 Posts
January 21 2010 21:55 GMT
#322
softer, I see you have cast your vote in the other thread. Do you mind explaining to the town how you made that decision?
People respond to incentives; the rest is commentary.
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
January 21 2010 22:01 GMT
#323
On January 22 2010 02:06 dozko wrote:
The way I see it there are three main candidates - Fulgrim, tree.hugger and d3_crescentia. I did not vote for Fulgrim, although i tend to agree with a post he made on Quickstriker and Xelin before my analysis. He is the most popular candidate although he has listed the least number of arguments to support his campaign. This I find slightly suspicious.



On January 22 2010 00:30 ShoCkeyy wrote:
The other 25% go to those who are quietly coming in that have watched us argue about who to lynch first. I feel like they watched us bicker to see and now that we have some what of an idea who we're going to lynch first. Now the mafia come in to back them up so we an lynch a townie. Which brings me to my other conclusion. Decafchicken I'm watching you.


On January 22 2010 06:54 decafchicken wrote:
I vote for fulgrim


VERY SUSPICIOUS.
Life?
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
January 21 2010 22:24 GMT
#324
On January 22 2010 06:31 Fulgrim wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 22 2010 02:06 dozko wrote:
Xelin, I did not quote all of your posts since that post I made was getting enormous. I think people are not too lazy to go a few pages back and read what you have written, so I dont see how you use this as a basis against my argument?

In any case I have already put my reasoning up, because thats what I think. People are free to form their own opinion and seeing as how you ignored most of my points and misread the others I do not feel the need to return to that thread of argument.

On another more pressing note i put my vote in the other thread for d3_crescentia for mayor. I will now post my reasoning for doing so here.

The way I see it there are three main candidates - Fulgrim, tree.hugger and d3_crescentia. I did not vote for Fulgrim, although i tend to agree with a post he made on Quickstriker and Xelin before my analysis. He is the most popular candidate although he has listed the least number of arguments to support his campaign. This I find slightly suspicious.

tree.hugger I find is a bit of an enigma right now, since he has only made a few long posts and attempted to impersonate a "sage of wisdom" in all of them. I have not yet formed an opinion of him but I am suspicious when people try to tell me how and what I should look out for.

I voted for d3_crescentia because 1) He has made good analysis of the narration and I do not believe that any mafia would go in such details like separating prose from poetry etc. 2) He has a very neutral style of posting, i.e. he does not jump on bandwagons too quickly, and is taking the input of other posters very seriously, even when It is not completely in tune with his own. These I feel are good attributes for a mayor to have and he is the only candidate to actually sort of back up the attributes he claimed he possessed in his campaign with his subsequent posts. 3) He is one of the most active posters, and this will be good for us if he can continue in such fashion when we have more information.



Dozko brings up a few good points about the candidates. I find your analysis of tree.hugger interesting because thats exactly how I see you, you came out of nowhere with several fat posts chalked full of analysis, which made me suspicious at first. Although it seems as though this is the style of some players (tree.hugger and others). I think that people are too caught up on Xelin's and Quickstrikers arguments as they could both be mafia trying to distract us and polarize the town, or neither could be mafia and just both paranoid. Either way I feel too much of the discussion has been focused on that.

Also I'm glad to see more people becoming active, which is great. However I am still going to follow through on my plan if you elect me and kill one of the least active people, so get posting. (No voting for me will not guarantee that you will not be lynched if you haven't posted anything at all yet)


It's just how I roll.

I have my suspicions like the rest of you, but I really don't have much to base anything on. I'm trying to get people to think the right way, before jumping headlong into analysis. The point is to think for yourself at all costs, and constantly check people's language for clues.

And of course, don't immediately tip people off that you suspect them of something or another. If you tell people you suspect they're mafia because they don't capitalize their "i's" then mafia or not, they'll start capitalizing their "i's".

I've always loved mafia because of the psychology of it all.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
January 21 2010 22:29 GMT
#325
On January 22 2010 07:01 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2010 02:06 dozko wrote:
The way I see it there are three main candidates - Fulgrim, tree.hugger and d3_crescentia. I did not vote for Fulgrim, although i tend to agree with a post he made on Quickstriker and Xelin before my analysis. He is the most popular candidate although he has listed the least number of arguments to support his campaign. This I find slightly suspicious.



Show nested quote +
On January 22 2010 00:30 ShoCkeyy wrote:
The other 25% go to those who are quietly coming in that have watched us argue about who to lynch first. I feel like they watched us bicker to see and now that we have some what of an idea who we're going to lynch first. Now the mafia come in to back them up so we an lynch a townie. Which brings me to my other conclusion. Decafchicken I'm watching you.


Show nested quote +
On January 22 2010 06:54 decafchicken wrote:
I vote for fulgrim


VERY SUSPICIOUS.


While I don't exactly agree with the accusation along with this post, I agree we should be watching this election closely because the results will be very telling to weed out potential mafia. Especially towards the end if there is a mass shift in who everyone is voting for. The mafia have 7 votes, which they will probably use to get who they want in office.

I think that dozko forgot to mention in his list of candidates Iaaan, who has brought up some good points so far. (He is the person I'm considering voting for) I think that before people vote they should make sure they have read some of his posts. (and every candidates)
One does not simply walk into mordor
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-21 22:52:22
January 21 2010 22:29 GMT
#326
On January 22 2010 07:01 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2010 02:06 dozko wrote:
The way I see it there are three main candidates - Fulgrim, tree.hugger and d3_crescentia. I did not vote for Fulgrim, although i tend to agree with a post he made on Quickstriker and Xelin before my analysis. He is the most popular candidate although he has listed the least number of arguments to support his campaign. This I find slightly suspicious.



Show nested quote +
On January 22 2010 00:30 ShoCkeyy wrote:
The other 25% go to those who are quietly coming in that have watched us argue about who to lynch first. I feel like they watched us bicker to see and now that we have some what of an idea who we're going to lynch first. Now the mafia come in to back them up so we an lynch a townie. Which brings me to my other conclusion. Decafchicken I'm watching you.


Show nested quote +
On January 22 2010 06:54 decafchicken wrote:
I vote for fulgrim


VERY SUSPICIOUS.


OH FUCK DECAF VOTED FOR THE LEADING CANDIDATE LYNCH THE SCUM

But seriously, i was between tree hugger and fulgrim because they seem to have the most common sense and not overreacting about little shit but fulgrim is being more active so i went with him.

edit: and as people analyze who votes for who, we should also be watching at who is abstaining which is equally important.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
haster27
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Taiwan809 Posts
January 21 2010 22:56 GMT
#327
checking in. God, I was so not prepared for this ****ton of posts
Iaaan
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada578 Posts
January 21 2010 23:40 GMT
#328
I think that the way to test if Xelin is Mafia is to lynch RoyW, and that Quickstriker is just excited/keen to play, so he mass posts, which makes him look suspicious. But that said, I personally will not rule anyone out as Mafia, or say that they definitely are Mafia at this stage, because really, there is not enough info to decide what someones role is.
Iaaan
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada578 Posts
January 21 2010 23:47 GMT
#329
On January 22 2010 07:29 decafchicken wrote:

edit: and as people analyze who votes for who, we should also be watching at who is abstaining which is equally important.


Of course its a factor to consider, but what do you think abstaining says about someone?
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
January 22 2010 00:06 GMT
#330
The best way to test. or most sure way to test if i am Mafia is to lynch me, theres no reason whatsoever to bring RoyW into it and can't see why you would.
Adonai bless
Iaaan
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada578 Posts
January 22 2010 00:11 GMT
#331
On January 20 2010 20:51 RoyW wrote:
Based on his contribution so far, I'm going to second XeliN in his bid for nomination. It's important that we have someone active in the thread as mayor or sherrif, and also good to have someone providing reasoning behind thier decisions, whether they be good or bad.


because of that post, pretty early on, and that's all he has really said. lol
Iaaan
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada578 Posts
January 22 2010 00:13 GMT
#332
I don't really think thats the thing to do right now, but again, seeing who supports who is important.
iLoveKT
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Philippines3615 Posts
January 22 2010 00:16 GMT
#333
Skimming through the entire 15 pages of text so far. I voted for Xelin just so I wont be branded as inactive and maybe be modkilled. I was away for the last couple of days. Reason for voting Xelin: I dont think he can win. lol.

Reading 15 pages of text now
Woo Jung Ho
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
January 22 2010 00:40 GMT
#334
On January 22 2010 09:11 Iaaan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2010 20:51 RoyW wrote:
Based on his contribution so far, I'm going to second XeliN in his bid for nomination. It's important that we have someone active in the thread as mayor or sherrif, and also good to have someone providing reasoning behind thier decisions, whether they be good or bad.


because of that post, pretty early on, and that's all he has really said. lol

Just a small comment on this... seems like RoyW hasn't posted in the vote thread.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
Iaaan
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada578 Posts
January 22 2010 00:46 GMT
#335
oh lol, maybe hes just dumb then o.o
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
January 22 2010 01:01 GMT
#336
As of now, we have the following who have not posted after the Day 1 post:
- Lunaticman
- IplayThings
- Nigol

I have not checked the other thread by Plexa to see if they have confirmed their access to the forum.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
January 22 2010 02:03 GMT
#337
I have changed my vote.
Life?
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
January 22 2010 03:07 GMT
#338
Wow.... I was gone the whole day and I only see at most, one new page of posts in contrast to yesterday where it went like from page 10 to page 15.... rofl...

I'm back but I'm going to choose abstain since I really can't choose who I would lean towards.... I shall let fate (other townies but me) decide the mayor/sheriff....

Note: Mayor is #2 of the most vote and Sheriff is #1 of total vote. So remember that people.....
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
January 22 2010 03:25 GMT
#339
Holy crap its close, when does voting end?

Current votes:

tree.hugger - 4
Fulgrim - 3
d3_crescentia - 3
Ian - 3
XeliN - 2

Abstain: 8

Total: 23
One does not simply walk into mordor
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
January 22 2010 03:27 GMT
#340
On January 22 2010 10:01 d3_crescentia wrote:
As of now, we have the following who have not posted after the Day 1 post:
- Lunaticman
- IplayThings
- Nigol

I have not checked the other thread by Plexa to see if they have confirmed their access to the forum.

None of these have posted in the Mafia 16 thread and can be regarded as most inactive.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 191
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 561
IndyStarCraft 191
BRAT_OK 58
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26122
Shuttle 1043
Mini 418
Hyuk 310
firebathero 190
ggaemo 94
Liquid`Ret 48
Mong 45
Trap 45
Hyun 39
[ Show more ]
Killer 36
PianO 26
ToSsGirL 24
Rock 21
zelot 13
Sacsri 9
Bale 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10863
qojqva1699
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1345
crisheroes1170
Liquid`Hasu715
Other Games
Grubby1914
FrodaN1906
fl0m1297
Beastyqt826
Mlord457
Hui .231
Livibee201
Liquid`VortiX188
ArmadaUGS138
KnowMe129
Mew2King58
Trikslyr44
ToD38
CosmosSc2 16
Chillindude0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick817
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
StarCraft 2
angryscii 3
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• printf 31
• mYiSmile130
• Adnapsc2 17
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• Michael_bg 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8685
Other Games
• imaqtpie363
• Shiphtur288
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 42m
INu's Battles
18h 42m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.