• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:17
CEST 07:17
KST 14:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8881 users

BloodyC0bblers's Mafia XVI - Page 18

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 45 Next All
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
January 22 2010 03:28 GMT
#341
The votes in about 3.5 hours..... as of the current vote stand and if the final total vote count is what is listed above, the following things will happen:

tree.hugger is #1 in vote counts so he's automatically the SHERIFF....

Fulgrim, d3_crescentia, and lan all have tied votes of a 3 way tie in between of the second position, the MAYOR.... so what might happen is a. a re-count votes, b. a whole new poll just for mayor, c. mayor-less town......

So that is our current situation. Just for heads up.
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
January 22 2010 03:31 GMT
#342
On January 22 2010 12:27 d3_crescentia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2010 10:01 d3_crescentia wrote:
As of now, we have the following who have not posted after the Day 1 post:
- Lunaticman
- IplayThings
- Nigol

I have not checked the other thread by Plexa to see if they have confirmed their access to the forum.

None of these have posted in the Mafia 16 thread and can be regarded as most inactive.

Good insight.... now I'm curious if they are even in this game knowing the game started or if they are lurking, as well as their roles of this game.... I mean if they don't know the game started or they just aren't planning to play and they're a blue role (like DT), then the town is in big trouble. On the other hand if they were mafia..... but I doubt any of the 7 mafias can be inactive whatsoever at this moment since the mafias know who each other are and they probably already contacted each other using various methods...
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
January 22 2010 03:38 GMT
#343
On January 22 2010 12:28 QuickStriker wrote:
The votes in about 3.5 hours..... as of the current vote stand and if the final total vote count is what is listed above, the following things will happen:

tree.hugger is #1 in vote counts so he's automatically the SHERIFF....

Fulgrim, d3_crescentia, and lan all have tied votes of a 3 way tie in between of the second position, the MAYOR.... so what might happen is a. a re-count votes, b. a whole new poll just for mayor, c. mayor-less town......

So that is our current situation. Just for heads up.

9PM PST is 12AM EST, which is in 1.5, not 3.5 hours...
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
January 22 2010 03:40 GMT
#344
I meant 1.5... how did I type 3.5 hours.... time view fail... and I'm on the eastern time as well....
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
January 22 2010 03:58 GMT
#345
Finally caught up with all the posts >_> took so long T____T

I'm busy with a few things so I won't be super active (see: QuickStriker).

I haven't played mafia that much, just like all of you. But I will give my current opinion. I don't think we should be pointing fingers just yet, with so little clue. Also, I came in too late to influence the sheriff vote in any way, but hopefully we won't get a red in the office

Most of the analysis has been already done I see, and I hope everyone has a great time in this game

Writer
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
January 22 2010 04:05 GMT
#346
The 8 active players who haven't voted yet should vote, as it is mandatory by the rules.

10. haster27
12. drinking
14. RoyW**
25. Rainbow
28. 7Strife
32. gaizka
33. Man.Magic
34. Johnnyspazz

**RoyW has expressed his support for Xelin, but hasn't done anything about it.

To those who have abstained, I gladly encourage your decision to do so if your belief is firm in that none of the candidates are trustworthy enough. To those who are still undecided, you still have about an hour before elections close. At the very least I'd like to see an end to voting so we can get on with the game.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
January 22 2010 04:13 GMT
#347
On January 22 2010 12:58 l10f wrote:
Finally caught up with all the posts >_> took so long T____T

I'm busy with a few things so I won't be super active (see: QuickStriker).

I haven't played mafia that much, just like all of you. But I will give my current opinion. I don't think we should be pointing fingers just yet, with so little clue. Also, I came in too late to influence the sheriff vote in any way, but hopefully we won't get a red in the office

Most of the analysis has been already done I see, and I hope everyone has a great time in this game


? See me about? The fact that I made you read all those posts about me or that I know why you're busy which is mostly due to CPL?? But I have my NSL running and still active on this as well! ^_^

Now, we have less than an hour to vote and we still haven't gotten all votes in. However, what's more important is who the mayor will be and who he will choose to lynch on first. The first lynch is a must and cannot be avoid, and it is also important to make sure we don't end up with a blue role dead...

On a side note though, the other mafia game is way ahead as their mayor/sheriff has been chosen and after pages and pages of picking each other out of who to vote out using mayor powers, pointing fingers at each other for mafia, it seems they got "t_co" whom most people thought as mafia and bam, a green. (It's on page 36 but the dramas regarding this is pages before and aftermath is after.)

What I'm afraid is a repeat or similarity result like the other town there. As of the current updated post, it seems tree.hugger is #2 at votes which means he can be mayor, but the problem lies on who the new elected mayor picks to die and what role it might be. Not to also mention Night 1 is coming for the mafias to randomly kill 3 of us.... so DTs/medics/ and all other blue roles, prepare to use your power at night time as well!
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
January 22 2010 04:25 GMT
#348
On January 22 2010 13:05 d3_crescentia wrote:

To those who have abstained, I gladly encourage your decision to do so if your belief is firm in that none of the candidates are trustworthy enough. To those who are still undecided, you still have about an hour before elections close. At the very least I'd like to see an end to voting so we can get on with the game.


It's a terrible decision!

The mafia are sure to muster a vote, and the less townies vote, the greater share of the vote belongs to the people who are most dangerous, and yet most motivated to vote!

Abstaining is a surer way of electing mafia than voting for one yourself!
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
January 22 2010 04:28 GMT
#349
Well, currently we cannot tell who exactly are the mafia. It is VERY possible that one of the current candidates is mafia and what keeps popping in my head is the last 5 minute count where it's possible the mafias just randomly come out and vote for their candidate (who is also mafia) all at once. Of course, this also exposes themselves very easily so they would not be careless to do so. (Not to mention my tactic used here again where I mentioned this possible scheme so in case they were planning it, by announcing it publicly, it'll lower their possibility of doing this. Though it is still possible...)
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
January 22 2010 04:29 GMT
#350
Here's the other thing though, their vote ended at 9PM EST, so it's pretty obvious they would have their elected officials sooner.

30 minutes left.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
January 22 2010 04:29 GMT
#351
Ugh, hate to go to bed before the election is decided =/

Whoever is elected mayor, use your lynch wisely, and on the off-chance I am, I will use my lynch on Lunaticman, who has been inactive since we started, so we won't be losing much.
One does not simply walk into mordor
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
January 22 2010 04:33 GMT
#352
On January 22 2010 13:29 d3_crescentia wrote:
Here's the other thing though, their vote ended at 9PM EST, so it's pretty obvious they would have their elected officials sooner.

30 minutes left.

That is also true. I can't help to think if this mafia game OP lives in PST and the other game in EST or perhaps it's just that theirs were more active so that they would end it faster... useless to think about so I'll just stop there.

Also, as I was just simply sight-seeing and being a tourist at the other mafia and their little town, one of their dear confused citizen asked such a question. I simply answered back regardless of my need there but I felt I should share it here to help understand better despite the fact it's in the rules:

On January 22 2010 13:23 QuickStriker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2010 13:20 789 wrote:
Wouldn't lynching 1 and incarcerating 1 (2 mafia) reduce their KP by 1? Unless I'm confused as to when the lynching occurs.

Just to answer that question (I'm still sight-seeing your town as a tourist! ^_^), since there's 7 mafias and KP is (current mafia / 2) and rounded up with max of 3, 7 - 2 = 5/2 = 2.5 = 3 KP.... so you gotta have the mafia to be reduced to 4 to have it 2 kills rather than 3.
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
January 22 2010 04:38 GMT
#353
On January 22 2010 13:13 QuickStriker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2010 12:58 l10f wrote:
Finally caught up with all the posts >_> took so long T____T

I'm busy with a few things so I won't be super active (see: QuickStriker).

I haven't played mafia that much, just like all of you. But I will give my current opinion. I don't think we should be pointing fingers just yet, with so little clue. Also, I came in too late to influence the sheriff vote in any way, but hopefully we won't get a red in the office

Most of the analysis has been already done I see, and I hope everyone has a great time in this game


? See me about? The fact that I made you read all those posts about me or that I know why you're busy which is mostly due to CPL?? But I have my NSL running and still active on this as well! ^_^

Now, we have less than an hour to vote and we still haven't gotten all votes in. However, what's more important is who the mayor will be and who he will choose to lynch on first. The first lynch is a must and cannot be avoid, and it is also important to make sure we don't end up with a blue role dead...

On a side note though, the other mafia game is way ahead as their mayor/sheriff has been chosen and after pages and pages of picking each other out of who to vote out using mayor powers, pointing fingers at each other for mafia, it seems they got "t_co" whom most people thought as mafia and bam, a green. (It's on page 36 but the dramas regarding this is pages before and aftermath is after.)

What I'm afraid is a repeat or similarity result like the other town there. As of the current updated post, it seems tree.hugger is #2 at votes which means he can be mayor, but the problem lies on who the new elected mayor picks to die and what role it might be. Not to also mention Night 1 is coming for the mafias to randomly kill 3 of us.... so DTs/medics/ and all other blue roles, prepare to use your power at night time as well!


I was referring to how active you are on this thread, and how I won't be as active as you are, you don't need to jump all over my post
Writer
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
January 22 2010 04:39 GMT
#354
On January 22 2010 13:29 Fulgrim wrote:
Ugh, hate to go to bed before the election is decided =/

Whoever is elected mayor, use your lynch wisely, and on the off-chance I am, I will use my lynch on Lunaticman, who has been inactive since we started, so we won't be losing much.

It's only 24 minutes...

QuickStriker brings up another good point in that incarcerating 2 won't reduce KP to 2. Whichever one of us is sheriff will have to keep that in mind.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
January 22 2010 04:46 GMT
#355
On January 22 2010 13:38 l10f wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2010 13:13 QuickStriker wrote:
On January 22 2010 12:58 l10f wrote:
Finally caught up with all the posts >_> took so long T____T

I'm busy with a few things so I won't be super active (see: QuickStriker).

I haven't played mafia that much, just like all of you. But I will give my current opinion. I don't think we should be pointing fingers just yet, with so little clue. Also, I came in too late to influence the sheriff vote in any way, but hopefully we won't get a red in the office

Most of the analysis has been already done I see, and I hope everyone has a great time in this game


? See me about? The fact that I made you read all those posts about me or that I know why you're busy which is mostly due to CPL?? But I have my NSL running and still active on this as well! ^_^

Now, we have less than an hour to vote and we still haven't gotten all votes in. However, what's more important is who the mayor will be and who he will choose to lynch on first. The first lynch is a must and cannot be avoid, and it is also important to make sure we don't end up with a blue role dead...

On a side note though, the other mafia game is way ahead as their mayor/sheriff has been chosen and after pages and pages of picking each other out of who to vote out using mayor powers, pointing fingers at each other for mafia, it seems they got "t_co" whom most people thought as mafia and bam, a green. (It's on page 36 but the dramas regarding this is pages before and aftermath is after.)

What I'm afraid is a repeat or similarity result like the other town there. As of the current updated post, it seems tree.hugger is #2 at votes which means he can be mayor, but the problem lies on who the new elected mayor picks to die and what role it might be. Not to also mention Night 1 is coming for the mafias to randomly kill 3 of us.... so DTs/medics/ and all other blue roles, prepare to use your power at night time as well!


I was referring to how active you are on this thread, and how I won't be as active as you are, you don't need to jump all over my post

I just didn't understood your words so I was merely questioning to understand what you were trying to say. I wasn't intentionally trying to jump over my post even though I will admit I tend to go a bit overboard or carried away in my posts sometimes. But that's just my nature as shown in page 4 right after day 1 started. ^_^

But yea, now we officially have 15 minutes left with no changes in votes yet.... so will tree.hugger be our mayor and d3_crescentia be our sheriff?? Remember that those who are elected are immune from death by night kills unless the hidden bodyguard roles are taken out. So if they truly aren't mafia, we are definitely in a good position. If the mafia is one of the elected position, we are in a bit of a disadvantage, especially if mayor is mafia due to 3 voting powers in contrast to our individual 1 vote power...
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
January 22 2010 04:57 GMT
#356
Four minutes left and Iaaan decides to change to Xelin for the lulz. -_-
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
Iaaan
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada578 Posts
January 22 2010 05:04 GMT
#357
and isn't it lulzy? ;p
It probably looks a little suspicious, but I'll just say that my two goals are not to have a mafia be mayor, and possibly become mayor myself. Going to bed now, but I'll be interested to see how this turns out (:
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
January 22 2010 05:04 GMT
#358
On January 22 2010 14:03 QuickStriker wrote:
This is troublesome indeed... now a 4 way tie for second place which holds one of the most important positions of all... the mafia.... It is highly likely one of these 4 candidates can be mafia....


So yea, now I'm curious what will happen...
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
January 22 2010 05:06 GMT
#359
On January 22 2010 14:04 Iaaan wrote:
and isn't it lulzy? ;p
It probably looks a little suspicious, but I'll just say that my two goals are not to have a mafia be mayor, and possibly become mayor myself. Going to bed now, but I'll be interested to see how this turns out (:

Hmm..... I can't say I don't understand your intentions as I understand your desire to be mayor. However, what troubles me is the first part you said where not to have a mafia be mayor when tree.hugger was almost taken for the spot as mayor.... does that mean you considered him as mafia?
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
January 22 2010 05:13 GMT
#360
I'm just looking at the other mafia game thread at the moment and I thought these suggestions laid out for medics and detectives could be something useful to think about:

On January 22 2010 14:04 789 wrote:
I thought of one thing as I was getting into bed. Something we can do during the night phase to help the medics. We could compile a list of people likely to be hit by the mafia. This will be hard since we don't know who the mafia are as of yet. But we can do something. Anyone know how many medics there actually are?

My suggestion to the medics : pick those who are active. Losing an active person who ends up being a townie would be damaging. We need all the people analyzing clues we can get.


This is a good idea for the medics to go for.

On January 22 2010 14:09 Zona wrote:
You know what, it may be useful for detectives to use at least one of the role checks early.

Right now, if they get a successful clue check, it's hard for them to convince the town of it without outing themselves, since we've already discussed the first set of clues ad nauseam without any conclusions. However, if they check someone and aren't too unlucky, they'll hit a town member and then can share with them safely (although the town member they contact will not necessarily be able to trust the detective). And if we establish a method of choosing which player to check (i.e. check the player below them in the player list) then they won't waste/overlap checks.

But the risk of that method is that if a mafia member is not contacted, then they will know the person above them is not a detective. Hmm. More to think about.


This is also a good idea to think about, however there are a big risk in regards to this. One big risk I can think of immediately on top of my head is that a mafia can fake himself to be detective to try the member they "assumed" to check as detective. Hmm...
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft731
PiGStarcraft258
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 345
Stork 207
Leta 121
ggaemo 110
PianO 61
Hyuk 29
Bale 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 785
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox663
Westballz59
Mew2King13
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor635
Other Games
summit1g8851
Coldzera 820
C9.Mang0296
Sick130
RuFF_SC2125
ViBE77
ArmadaUGS42
Liquid`Ken6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• Letter148
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2175
League of Legends
• Lourlo1336
• Stunt412
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 43m
Online Event
5h 43m
FEL
10h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.