• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:48
CEST 03:48
KST 10:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8223 users

Olympic Football Thread! - Page 22

Forum Index > London Olympics
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 33 Next All
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
August 06 2012 23:11 GMT
#421
On August 07 2012 07:17 TehPrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 06:54 floor exercise wrote:
Hope Japan crushes USA again after watching that

After seeing japan struggling against France, USA is gonna beat japan in rematch.



Im actually really worried for Japan, of the 4 semi finalists they really didnt impress me at all after going ahead.

Aside from the usual being clinical infront of goal and reasonably well organised, they werent very good at defending their lead. They did it, but they werent very good.
Fischbacher
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada666 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 23:33:16
August 06 2012 23:32 GMT
#422
Man, why can't Canadian Football ever get a break? Could we please, for once in my lifetime, actually get lucky about something? Anything? Damn.

I really hope Japan wins. After what happened tonight I think I would loose it if I saw Leroux with a gold medal around her neck...

And for the love of God can we have a decent ref the next time? I've seen the US beat Canada in women's Football often enough, even in extra time at the Olympics, but to lose like that is just crushing. Sinclair has the game of her life, as good a game as any female player has ever had, and we lose because the ref is incompetent.

I just hope Canada wins a major event (Olympics or World Cup - hopefully both, but that's wishing for a lot :/ ) while Sinclair is still playing. It's hard to oversate how much she deserves it.

Man, sucks to be a Canadian Football fan. But usually it's just "lol we suck". Tonight just hurts. I'll take last place over losing in overtime due to a blown call any day.

Congrats to the US team, but as far as I'm concerned it's a tainted win.

Edit: oh, and happy birthday to me.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
August 06 2012 23:34 GMT
#423
So how different is Japan's roster now compared to their 2011 World Cup victory?
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
August 06 2012 23:57 GMT
#424
God damn it, I was really thinking that Canada could make the upset and defeat USA, well no luck, still amazing game tbh. It's gonna be an amazing finals, Japan vs USA.
Tomorrow Mexico vs Japan in the men's semi's VAMOS MEXICO!!
With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
August 07 2012 00:08 GMT
#425
The women played some very entertaining semi finals today. Canada should have definitely won if not for the calls, but GO 'MURICA! hahah. I think USA will crush Japan in the final though.

For the men tomorrow, I think Japan will beat Mexico and I am just PRAYING that Korea can beat Brazil. I think the game will be much closer than people expect (some betting sites are +700 for Korea lol) but I worry about fatigue on the Korean players as the same players have hustled like crazy every game.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 00:14:02
August 07 2012 00:13 GMT
#426
On August 07 2012 08:32 Fischbacher wrote:
Man, why can't Canadian Football ever get a break? Could we please, for once in my lifetime, actually get lucky about something? Anything? Damn.

I really hope Japan wins. After what happened tonight I think I would loose it if I saw Leroux with a gold medal around her neck...

And for the love of God can we have a decent ref the next time? I've seen the US beat Canada in women's Football often enough, even in extra time at the Olympics, but to lose like that is just crushing. Sinclair has the game of her life, as good a game as any female player has ever had, and we lose because the ref is incompetent.

I just hope Canada wins a major event (Olympics or World Cup - hopefully both, but that's wishing for a lot :/ ) while Sinclair is still playing. It's hard to oversate how much she deserves it.

Man, sucks to be a Canadian Football fan. But usually it's just "lol we suck". Tonight just hurts. I'll take last place over losing in overtime due to a blown call any day.

Congrats to the US team, but as far as I'm concerned it's a tainted win.

Edit: oh, and happy birthday to me.


It really does suck for players like Charmaine Hooper (who is retired) and Sinclair as well but that is life.

Sinclair has always been a beast on the pitch. Whatever man.
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 00:21:05
August 07 2012 00:20 GMT
#427
Anytime i ever watch international football it seems like refs always fuck things up. It's half the reason I can't take the sport seriously. Maybe if they put in some goal line tech at least...
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 00:31:39
August 07 2012 00:31 GMT
#428
On August 07 2012 09:20 DannyJ wrote:
Anytime i ever watch international football it seems like refs always fuck things up. It's half the reason I can't take the sport seriously. Maybe if they put in some goal line tech at least...


after long debate goal line tech is being added. as for replay review, still a no. fifa says controversy is part of the game...and i kinda agree, its where those extra drama comes from. as for acting/diving/faking, they need to be bitch slapped upon replay review.
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
August 07 2012 01:39 GMT
#429
Aren't they experimenting goal line detection for the next WC? I remember I read somewhere that in some european league/cup or something they were doing experiments with that technology.

I think goal line detection is very acceptable, but nothing more than that. Some people want replay checking, but that would make the game stop way too often, so in the end I believe having the referee calls is better for the viewers, even if they fuck up sometimes.

Also, SK can beat Brazil, there is definitely an acceptable chance of that, but it will likely only happen if the brazilian team plays too sloppy, otherwise I don't see how SK can stop the brazilian attacks. Lee Bumyoung has shown to be a very good goalkeeper though, but still...

Let's wait and see
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
August 07 2012 02:09 GMT
#430
On August 07 2012 08:11 Rebs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 07:17 TehPrime wrote:
On August 07 2012 06:54 floor exercise wrote:
Hope Japan crushes USA again after watching that

After seeing japan struggling against France, USA is gonna beat japan in rematch.



Im actually really worried for Japan, of the 4 semi finalists they really didnt impress me at all after going ahead.

Aside from the usual being clinical infront of goal and reasonably well organised, they werent very good at defending their lead. They did it, but they werent very good.


Both teams have sort of suspect defenses, Japan has lots of trouble with the US attacking athleticism so they really have to keep the ball because the US are very dangerous every time they can go forward. In the World Cup final last year, the US could have scored multiple goals early, they had tons of great chances they blew before Japan really woke up and got in control--they can put pressure to break down the US defense but the US is so deadly on the counter with Alex Morgan (she's becoming like the women's CR in my eyes) it's still tough.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
August 07 2012 03:56 GMT
#431
brazil vs korea, super exciting
by being starcraft fans you're automatically underlings of the korean people, show your prideful cheer towards your dear leaders of korean football!
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
August 07 2012 05:27 GMT
#432
On August 07 2012 10:39 fabiano wrote:
Aren't they experimenting goal line detection for the next WC? I remember I read somewhere that in some european league/cup or something they were doing experiments with that technology.

I think goal line detection is very acceptable, but nothing more than that. Some people want replay checking, but that would make the game stop way too often, so in the end I believe having the referee calls is better for the viewers, even if they fuck up sometimes.

Also, SK can beat Brazil, there is definitely an acceptable chance of that, but it will likely only happen if the brazilian team plays too sloppy, otherwise I don't see how SK can stop the brazilian attacks. Lee Bumyoung has shown to be a very good goalkeeper though, but still...

Let's wait and see

I think they are going to start experimenting with it. I know during the Euro Cup they added officials to the end line for the purpose of seeing if the ball crosses the line for a goal or not, but after the drama over the Ukraine no call and all the arguments there (especially after them being the host nation and it possibly leading to an unexpected tie or potential win) I believe that FIFA is moving towards goal line technology.

I definitely would like to see South Korea beat Brazil. I was sad that Honduras didn't manage to hold them off because I think it would have been weird/incredible to see two NA region and 2 Asian region teams in the final four of a football tournament. How bizarre would that be? No Europeans? No South Americans? I know the African nations have had some limited success in the Olympics before with teams like Nigeria. I guess it might have been a problem for ticket sales although I assume that will surely take a hit now that the host nation is eliminated. I'm hoping for a Mexico vs SK finals because I feel like Mexico is one of the perennial underachievers and deserves a shot at a title. I'm hoping SK gets there because... starcraft :D
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
TehPrime
Profile Joined February 2012
United States180 Posts
August 07 2012 07:12 GMT
#433
I'm rooting for Mexico.
aznball123
Profile Joined February 2012
2759 Posts
August 07 2012 07:52 GMT
#434
So.. it starts in about 7 hours? Never watched a full match before, but this seems pretty interesting and intense to watch.
The SC2 WCS Korea is on in like a hour, lol oh well I'll get some sleep I guess.
Mmm, what to watch.
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
August 07 2012 13:42 GMT
#435
in 5 hours from this post
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Louis8k8
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada285 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 14:08:48
August 07 2012 14:07 GMT
#436
I don't have much Canadian pride but their loss was really painful to watch Dx, not badminton-painful but more of the 'give us a break! why can we not win without so much bs'. I always had the attitude of 'LOL we have a football team!?'. But I really wanted them to win that one after seeing how well Canada played vs USA.

Rooting for Japan for me
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
August 07 2012 16:13 GMT
#437
Ah, crap... first clear chance for Japan a a goal, amazing goal tbh, but crap...
With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
August 07 2012 16:31 GMT
#438
Yes!! 1-1 The Score so far, first goal Japan has received through out the tournament, minute 30, very good match so far.
With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
aznball123
Profile Joined February 2012
2759 Posts
August 07 2012 16:42 GMT
#439
Do the losers play for bronze?
Mmm, what to watch.
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 17:01:57
August 07 2012 17:00 GMT
#440
On August 08 2012 01:42 aznball123 wrote:
Do the losers play for bronze?


Yes. Just like in tennis.
With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 159
NeuroSwarm 97
FoxeR 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 488
Rain 151
Bale 68
League of Legends
Doublelift4876
Other Games
summit1g9311
JimRising 588
ViBE212
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick655
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• Light_VIP 10
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1127
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 12m
Patches Events
13h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 12m
OSC
21h 12m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.