• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:51
CEST 10:51
KST 17:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)32Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8656 users

[NA LCS] Summer 2014 Super Week 1 - Page 102

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 144 Next
meowmasta85
Profile Joined January 2013
721 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-25 04:12:59
May 25 2014 04:12 GMT
#2021
Remember dig started pretty hot last season too, until teams started getting better and figured out dig's penchant for throws (which are by now well known) and lack of mid-late game. Unless Dig cleans up it's Baron control, I don't see them going much further than 4th place in the long run, even with the great start.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
May 25 2014 05:41 GMT
#2022
I just don't think that information is applicable to this team, thats like gleaning information about TSM based on Regi and Chaox
Carrilord has arrived.
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
May 25 2014 06:44 GMT
#2023
If Dig failed the Baron gambit, people would call it a throw. When it works though, it clinches the game. Dig does take more risks around Baron than necessary but I wouldn't keep harping it as a massive Achilles heel despite hilarity aside. Personally I thought DIG showed how strong they can be. I think DIG with LMQ finishing 1-2 superweek would be pretty awesome. (Funny that Curse has to play both lol)
Goragoth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
New Zealand1065 Posts
May 25 2014 06:56 GMT
#2024
Oh man, just looked at how the scoring for fantasy actually works lol. I thought having players winning decisive victories would be a good thing, so I picked Seraph, Dexter and Doublelift, but nope, turns out wins don't even give points and fast wins are bad because all that counts are KDA and CS. At least Shiphtur got me a ton of points. I think next time I'll be picking up more EU players...
Creator of LoLTool.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-25 07:28:05
May 25 2014 07:20 GMT
#2025
On May 25 2014 15:44 KissBlade wrote:
If Dig failed the Baron gambit, people would call it a throw. When it works though, it clinches the game. Dig does take more risks around Baron than necessary but I wouldn't keep harping it as a massive Achilles heel despite hilarity aside. Personally I thought DIG showed how strong they can be. I think DIG with LMQ finishing 1-2 superweek would be pretty awesome. (Funny that Curse has to play both lol)


I don't think it was that risky of a baron to be honest. I mean of course baron carries a risk by default. I just don't think it was a baron they could throw with. Cloud9's main damage dealer(twitch/sneaky) was greedy to choose to be the one to push bot.

To add to that, I want to point out that this was actually their second call to get baron after a few of c9 pushed bot(one of the commentators pointed out that dig pinged baron). The first time around, cloud9 took advantage of it, and pushed bot hard while dignitas stumbled around mid being indecisive. The second time, dignitas did not make this same mistake, and took baron. It was not as risky as it seemed.

If you want around the exact time stamp, start from here:

+ Show Spoiler +



If the link doesn't work(they very rarely do, I'm probably doing something wrong), this is around the 31:00 mark. The ping is around 31:25. So dignitas was looking for this opening, and they took advantage of how greedy sneaky/cloud9 was being. It was a really good call because they saw a pattern with how cloud9 were attacking, and capitalized on it.
ExceliosBeyond
Profile Joined September 2012
208 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-25 07:29:46
May 25 2014 07:28 GMT
#2026
I still can't believe EG kept Snoopeh. He had a decent game VS Dig with the clutch Baron steal but outside of that, I feel he's contributed very little this season. I've been watching the Challenger scene lately since so many ex-LCS pros have started playing in the lower leagues and I find it really hard to believe some of the junglers could possibly be worse than Snoopeh or wouldn't at least be worth a shot.
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
May 25 2014 08:48 GMT
#2027
today sure was a day of league of legends wasn't it
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
May 25 2014 09:01 GMT
#2028
On May 25 2014 17:48 gtrsrs wrote:
today sure was a day of league of legends wasn't it


Snoopeh is worth more in Fantasy than Meteos.... So at least you've got that going for you. As much shit as I give EG for all the royal fuck ups they make, I know you guys can do well. <3
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
MattBarry
Profile Joined March 2011
United States4006 Posts
May 25 2014 11:36 GMT
#2029
Holy cow, it's a very realistic possibility for 3 teams to go 0-4 this week. Lmao
Platinum Support GOD
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
May 25 2014 12:10 GMT
#2030
Finishing up watching the games from yesterday and I just have to say I think we all greatly undervalue Phreak. He's got a bunch of minutia about the game just drilled into his brain(like Tormented Soil being 8 ticks, who knows that off the top of their head?) that I think his casting character massively overshadows.
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
May 25 2014 12:22 GMT
#2031
A big part of Phreak's casting is his humour and general laid-back attitude, which is what makes most people like him or not (for example my problem with him is that he very often just doesn't seem to take games seriously and I don't think he understands them on strategical level). It's easy to overlook his knowledge thanks to that.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Sleight
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
2471 Posts
May 25 2014 12:26 GMT
#2032
On May 25 2014 21:22 AlterKot wrote:
A big part of Phreak's casting is his humour and general laid-back attitude, which is what makes most people like him or not (for example my problem with him is that he very often just doesn't seem to take games seriously and I don't think he understands them on strategical level). It's easy to overlook his knowledge thanks to that.


He has a lot of "tactical" knowledge, which is interesting (tormented soil being 8 ticks, etc). But he doesn't seem to really demonstrate whatever good strategic knowledge he may have.
One Love
Slangen
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden1166 Posts
May 25 2014 12:52 GMT
#2033
Dignitas looking really good vs C9. And Kiwikid is one handsome bastard!
Fnatic - TSM - EG
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
May 25 2014 12:58 GMT
#2034
On May 25 2014 21:52 Slangen wrote:
Dignitas looking really good vs C9. And Kiwikid is one handsome bastard!

Yeah, that game dumped all over any chance I had of making my fantasy team competitive this week. I needed Ackerman and Amazing to be mediocre while TSM, Hai, and Rush Hour to go off.
Kyo Yuy
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1286 Posts
May 25 2014 13:40 GMT
#2035
On May 25 2014 21:10 Gahlo wrote:
Finishing up watching the games from yesterday and I just have to say I think we all greatly undervalue Phreak. He's got a bunch of minutia about the game just drilled into his brain(like Tormented Soil being 8 ticks, who knows that off the top of their head?) that I think his casting character massively overshadows.

It's because everyone on here thinks they know more about League of Legends than a Diamond I solo queue player and 3 former pros (Kobe, Jatt, Deficio). This is why you sometimes hear statements such as "Monte doesn't know anything about this game," and "scarra is so bad, I'm Gold II and I could play better than scarra."
#1 KawaiiRice fan :D
Lylat
Profile Joined August 2009
France8575 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-25 13:44:17
May 25 2014 13:43 GMT
#2036
TLERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT !
No seriously, I think people criticize Quickshot and Riv mostly, I've not seen a lot of people bashing Kobe, Jatt or Deficio. And Monte is respected by most TLers too
TitusVI
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany8319 Posts
May 25 2014 13:52 GMT
#2037
Problem with monte is that he barely says bullshit. As far as I remember him talking ( and he talks much) he bases his statements with examples etc. talking a bout summoning insight. But i haven't watched his casting much maybe there are also some flaws.
Science>Mechanics
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
May 25 2014 13:54 GMT
#2038
to be honest I don't dislike any of the NA casters, I mean maybe I like Riv for the wrong reasons, and I do like Phreak like 10x more when he's paired with Kobe. The only thing I truly hate about Riot casting is the 5 min speech about how good the losing team is while they wait to set up the interview after every game.

and mabye quickshot, but hate is a strong word
Carrilord has arrived.
orzeu
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland5205 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-25 14:10:49
May 25 2014 14:04 GMT
#2039
Just watched games from yesterday. I have no idea why no one is punishing Zyra pick. It's so easy to kill her with jungler (especially with ignite on her). For example at 3:20 in Dig vs C9 Meteos just needed to go top instead of doing wraiths.
Also I like how retarded Hai is and ignite Shipthur for no reason at lvl 5.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
May 25 2014 14:25 GMT
#2040
On May 25 2014 23:04 orzeu wrote:
Just watched games from yesterday. I have no idea why no one is punishing Zyra pick. It's so easy to kill her with jungler (especially with ignite on her). For example at 3:20 in Dig vs C9 Meteos just needed to go top instead of doing wraiths.
Also I like how retarded Hai is and ignite Shipthur for no reason at lvl 5.


Think the ignite was to make sure shipthur didn't keep going on Hai. He wasn't sure if he was going to all in with his ignite or not so he just blew it early to either force shipthur to back off or try get a trade for his death. Don't see at all how it was retarded.
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 144 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech93
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 364
Hyuk 229
Leta 90
910 80
Shinee 70
Mong 67
soO 58
PianO 53
HiyA 42
Mind 41
[ Show more ]
ZerO 40
Killer 35
ToSsGirL 29
Aegong 27
Bale 26
EffOrt 20
sorry 16
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe79
League of Legends
JimRising 432
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss450
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King245
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1662
Other Games
summit1g8849
olofmeister1216
singsing846
ceh9542
Happy327
crisheroes274
ArmadaUGS112
Livibee105
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick559
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream240
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH194
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2277
League of Legends
• Rush1526
• Jankos1333
• Stunt488
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 10m
OSC
4h 10m
Stellar Fest
4h 10m
OSC
15h 10m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.