• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:59
CEST 10:59
KST 17:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7988 users

[KR] S3 Regional Finals - Page 14

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 69 Next
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 04 2013 16:28 GMT
#261
Man, I love how this tourney is laid out. SKT being the final boss in this qualification.
liftlift > tsm
TeeTS
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany2762 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 17:09:52
September 04 2013 17:09 GMT
#262
On September 05 2013 01:03 thefreed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2013 23:12 AsnSensation wrote:
Perhaps that's what the best korea has to offer in your opinion but aside from Faker ( who looked mortal in the first 2 games vs KTB) nobody stands out individually at the moment to the extent that I would put him without a doubt into an allstar team.

TOP: add Impact
Jungle: lol you forgot Dandy
Supp: Mata is just as go[o]d


Sure Impact is one of the good top laners of Korea... But not of the BEST. Yeah he did perform well in the finals... But I don't think he's been as consistent and "impact-ful" as Shy, Flame, or InSec... Hardly. If he keeps up this performance sure... but in my opinion, not as complete of a player as Flame.
Most of the time I've seen him played... seemed pretty meh to me... Like good but not great.

Dandy... Okay he is an OKAY jungler. If you have watched InSec... When he was still jungling... You can just tell Dandy can't be in the same league with this guy. I mean seriously? He's just not as consistent. I only see him really perform once in awhile. While Insec when he was jungling would have an MVP viable game every day he played. Insec is the STAR of his team while dandy isn't. Insec is capable of playing herbivore style too. (and while you could argue, being praised or recognized doesn't always mean he's good but... come on he's Insec for Godsakes.

Mata... okay... but I haven't seen the other team ban 2 champions just because of him. I mean okay he is a great support... and I believe Poohmandu is pretty good too. but Madlife's presence, or influence in a game when he has thresh, or blitzcrank is just unbelievable. and even if he doesn't have them. His sona is probably the best sona in the korean scene.

I mean people don't call these players God for no reason.


That are your very biased oppinions. Which is fine, but I would totally disagree with several of your choices.

Top: Flame or Insec. These are exceptional Top Laners now and there is noone else on their level.
Jungle: Dandy and only Dandy. The way he reads the game, the way he can turn games from this position is just not reached by anyone out there.
Mid: Faker. No discussion.
adc: Imp or Piglet. Piglet showed great improvement but I still would take Imp. I do think though, that both are on a similar level.
support: Mata. Madlife is great, when he gets his favored champions. But that it is so easy to ban him out, is really shocking. Take away Blitzcrank and Thresh and he becomes just another good support. Mata has a much wider champion pool at an exceptional level.

But I guess everyone has another oppinion on this topic, but it´s fun to discuss


ontopic: I find it very sad for KT B to lose two series in a row in this fashion. I hope they don´t break mentally on this.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
September 04 2013 17:14 GMT
#263
Game 3, CloudTemplar went an odd build that I haven't seen before on Noc. Madreds into Zerker. Kindle, Chain Vest. Ended the game with Sunfire, Golem SS, Zerker, Phage, Glacial, Madreds. @_@

I don't think I've seen a pro go Madred's/Spirit Stone prior to this.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 04 2013 17:16 GMT
#264
On September 05 2013 02:14 NeoIllusions wrote:
Game 3, CloudTemplar went an odd build that I haven't seen before on Noc. Madreds into Zerker. Kindle, Chain Vest. Ended the game with Sunfire, Golem SS, Zerker, Phage, Glacial, Madreds. @_@

I don't think I've seen a pro go Madred's/Spirit Stone prior to this.

Yango was talking about this a while ago, it makes farming jungle EXTREMELY fast. I've done it a a couple times, I'm still not 100% convinced.
liftlift > tsm
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
September 04 2013 17:20 GMT
#265
Wasn't Yango saying how Madreds/Spirit is better than upgrading the madreds to wriggles.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
September 04 2013 17:25 GMT
#266
Yango definitely talked about the merits of Madreds/SS a few months ago but I personally haven't tried. I might have to now.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 04 2013 18:04 GMT
#267
Congrats KT, your confidence fucked you again.
UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
September 04 2013 18:09 GMT
#268
Soo... if all of this LoL ProLeague stuff is really happening with the KeSPA teams... we might have stuff like this on a regular basis. Just imagine the insanity.
Argoth.
Profile Joined December 2004
Germany1961 Posts
September 04 2013 18:09 GMT
#269
Really, so close these escapes. holy shit
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
September 04 2013 19:06 GMT
#270
No way would I take flame over shy right now. I think flame is probably more talented and the better laner, but the meta favors shy's champions right now, particularly shen.

Jungle has yet to catch up to Insec but it seems their style in general is different. Insec would typically get a lot more farm.

ADCs.. Only imp and piglet should be in the discussion. I have yet to see anyone teamfight like piglet has though. He doesn't just stay alive, he also takes out high priority targets by himself. Both are solid overall, but piglet has raised the bar this season.
glzElectromaster
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Japan2474 Posts
September 04 2013 19:37 GMT
#271
On September 05 2013 02:09 TeeTS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 01:03 thefreed wrote:
On September 04 2013 23:12 AsnSensation wrote:
Perhaps that's what the best korea has to offer in your opinion but aside from Faker ( who looked mortal in the first 2 games vs KTB) nobody stands out individually at the moment to the extent that I would put him without a doubt into an allstar team.

TOP: add Impact
Jungle: lol you forgot Dandy
Supp: Mata is just as go[o]d


Sure Impact is one of the good top laners of Korea... But not of the BEST. Yeah he did perform well in the finals... But I don't think he's been as consistent and "impact-ful" as Shy, Flame, or InSec... Hardly. If he keeps up this performance sure... but in my opinion, not as complete of a player as Flame.
Most of the time I've seen him played... seemed pretty meh to me... Like good but not great.

Dandy... Okay he is an OKAY jungler. If you have watched InSec... When he was still jungling... You can just tell Dandy can't be in the same league with this guy. I mean seriously? He's just not as consistent. I only see him really perform once in awhile. While Insec when he was jungling would have an MVP viable game every day he played. Insec is the STAR of his team while dandy isn't. Insec is capable of playing herbivore style too. (and while you could argue, being praised or recognized doesn't always mean he's good but... come on he's Insec for Godsakes.

Mata... okay... but I haven't seen the other team ban 2 champions just because of him. I mean okay he is a great support... and I believe Poohmandu is pretty good too. but Madlife's presence, or influence in a game when he has thresh, or blitzcrank is just unbelievable. and even if he doesn't have them. His sona is probably the best sona in the korean scene.

I mean people don't call these players God for no reason.


That are your very biased oppinions. Which is fine, but I would totally disagree with several of your choices.

Top: Flame or Insec. These are exceptional Top Laners now and there is noone else on their level.
Jungle: Dandy and only Dandy. The way he reads the game, the way he can turn games from this position is just not reached by anyone out there.
Mid: Faker. No discussion.
adc: Imp or Piglet. Piglet showed great improvement but I still would take Imp. I do think though, that both are on a similar level.
support: Mata. Madlife is great, when he gets his favored champions. But that it is so easy to ban him out, is really shocking. Take away Blitzcrank and Thresh and he becomes just another good support. Mata has a much wider champion pool at an exceptional level.

But I guess everyone has another oppinion on this topic, but it´s fun to discuss


ontopic: I find it very sad for KT B to lose two series in a row in this fashion. I hope they don´t break mentally on this.


You could do the same to mata and he'll be average. That doesnt happen because Ozone actually will rape you if you only ban support.

Top: Shy/Flame/inSec if he gets his champs
Jungle: DanDy, KaKAO on a good day. inSec was a good jungler but I never thought he had the finesse of DanDy. KTB in Winter and Spring ran new comps and strategies that teams weren't used to, so I don't necessarily credit all of their success to their mechanics and decision making.
Mid: Faker
Adc: Imp/Piglet. Imp I think can adapt better than Piglet, though. Don't forget Pray, despite a bad season, he's still freaking good.
RIP Kt. Violet | In solitude, where we are least alone
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
September 04 2013 19:41 GMT
#272
On September 05 2013 02:25 NeoIllusions wrote:
Yango definitely talked about the merits of Madreds/SS a few months ago but I personally haven't tried. I might have to now.

Madreds/Kindle/SS+ is better than Madreds/SS/Kindle/SS+ imo

The SS+ item is just ridiculously flexible and pretty efficient.
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 04 2013 20:08 GMT
#273
On September 05 2013 04:41 xes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 02:25 NeoIllusions wrote:
Yango definitely talked about the merits of Madreds/SS a few months ago but I personally haven't tried. I might have to now.

Madreds/Kindle/SS+ is better than Madreds/SS/Kindle/SS+ imo

The SS+ item is just ridiculously flexible and pretty efficient.

You miss the farm timing if you get SS after Kindle.
liftlift > tsm
Baffels
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1486 Posts
September 04 2013 22:29 GMT
#274
These blind picks are just crazy bad for KTB. 2 times now Ryu starts elixir and just wastes it, blowing 4 pots against GBM and Faker who both started Dorans Shield. Then picking vayne to fast push with fiddle?

KT needs to three stooges their heads together. Will be awesome if they manage to make it through both CJ's again.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
September 05 2013 01:23 GMT
#275
I'm starting to feel like Flame got overhyped thru empty lane farming into strong team fighting, ever since the 1v2 nerfs he's been not his normal self (which isn't saying much but still the correlation is there) I guess we'll see when he's up against Insec and (hopefully)Shy.

Also that you people would take Mata over Madlife and Mandu is pretty weird to me but ok.
Carrilord has arrived.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 05 2013 01:31 GMT
#276
On September 05 2013 10:23 Slusher wrote:
I'm starting to feel like Flame got overhyped thru empty lane farming into strong team fighting, ever since the 1v2 nerfs he's been not his normal self (which isn't saying much but still the correlation is there) I guess we'll see when he's up against Insec and (hopefully)Shy.

Also that you people would take Mata over Madlife and Mandu is pretty weird to me but ok.

If we had cloning technology, and we created 5 fakers, to face off versus 5 madlifes, who would win? or would the universe implode from the amount of awesomeness the game would have?
liftlift > tsm
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
September 05 2013 01:52 GMT
#277
On September 05 2013 10:31 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 10:23 Slusher wrote:
I'm starting to feel like Flame got overhyped thru empty lane farming into strong team fighting, ever since the 1v2 nerfs he's been not his normal self (which isn't saying much but still the correlation is there) I guess we'll see when he's up against Insec and (hopefully)Shy.

Also that you people would take Mata over Madlife and Mandu is pretty weird to me but ok.

If we had cloning technology, and we created 5 fakers, to face off versus 5 madlifes, who would win? or would the universe implode from the amount of awesomeness the game would have?


5 Flames, yo.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
September 05 2013 02:09 GMT
#278
2014 Korean All-Stars
Flame, Kakao, Faker, Imp, Madlife
Commentator
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
September 05 2013 02:19 GMT
#279
Idk, if I could somehow vote for insec at jungle even after he moved I would.
419
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Russian Federation3632 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-05 03:45:57
September 05 2013 03:40 GMT
#280
The finals of this event might well be the true world championships
?
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1162
Hyun 528
GuemChi 438
firebathero 412
BeSt 357
Hyuk 236
Soma 181
Mong 141
Shine 76
PianO 69
[ Show more ]
Hm[arnc] 65
910 49
sSak 45
Jaedong 34
ZergMaN 28
Shinee 24
Bale 23
yabsab 19
HiyA 18
Noble 13
Sharp 6
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss997
olofmeister814
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King292
Other Games
summit1g8496
gofns8461
ceh9646
JimRising 428
KnowMe145
Trikslyr29
Pyrionflax16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick453
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos875
• Stunt412
Other Games
• Shiphtur445
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 1m
Patches Events
7h 1m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.