• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:02
CEST 14:02
KST 21:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9319 users

[IPL] IPL4 Main Event Discussion - Page 254

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 252 253 254 255 256 329 Next
IPL4 Feedback Thread
shrinkmaster
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany947 Posts
April 08 2012 21:15 GMT
#5061
On April 09 2012 06:13 nojitosunrise wrote:
Alright here we go...CLG vs TSM

Predictions?


no idea really.

both teams can win. it could be a complete stomp or a long drawn out victory over 6 games.
Voltaire: The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it.
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
April 08 2012 21:15 GMT
#5062
On April 09 2012 06:14 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Something I've noticed with casters at these LoL tournaments (and SC2 also) is that nobody ever makes any predictions. Everyone sounds like they're scared to take sides and say "yeah, this team is better and I think they're going to take it 2-0". Instead, everyone always says "I think that both teams are good (or players) and I think it can go either way. I'd like to see all five games in this best of five though." It just sounds like a way to keep everyone excited and a cop out from giving out an informed opinion.

I mean, it doesn't really matter, but I always thought that doing that kind of brought this professional vibe to the casters, kind of gave them this aura of authority because it allowed them to elaborate on the specific teams, give reasons why players are better, etc. etc. People who cast BW did this all the time, and the fans do this too.

It's a real pet peeve, and it probably doesn't really hold any relevance, but it's something I've noticed.


Joe and Deman make predictions all the time.

This is one of the reasons I love their casting
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
April 08 2012 21:15 GMT
#5063
I feel like top lane will decide these games.
Elem
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden4717 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 21:16:19
April 08 2012 21:15 GMT
#5064
On April 09 2012 06:11 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 06:08 Elem wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:07 SagaZ wrote:
travis x hatperson..
best combo or what?
Shame Blasterion isn't into LoL. This could become a hilariously awkward fanfic.

I actually duo with Blasterion sometimes lol
Oh? I was under the impression of that LoL was very low on his list.

But then...

...IT MUST BE DONE.


Edit: I predict 2-1 CLG first series then 2-0 TSM.
#freeshauni
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
April 08 2012 21:16 GMT
#5065
On April 09 2012 06:14 nojitosunrise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 06:14 wei2coolman wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:13 nojitosunrise wrote:
Alright here we go...CLG vs TSM

Predictions?

If TSM can't win in first bo3, it'll be CLG's win.


maybe we will see regi's secret AP

/troll

Don't worry secret AP is to let Xpecial play mid.
Chiharu Harukaze
Profile Joined September 2011
12112 Posts
April 08 2012 21:16 GMT
#5066
On April 09 2012 06:14 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Something I've noticed with casters at these LoL tournaments (and SC2 also) is that nobody ever makes any predictions. Everyone sounds like they're scared to take sides and say "yeah, this team is better and I think they're going to take it 2-0". Instead, everyone always says "I think that both teams are good (or players) and I think it can go either way. I'd like to see all five games in this best of five though." It just sounds like a way to keep everyone excited and a cop out from giving out an informed opinion.

I mean, it doesn't really matter, but I always thought that doing that kind of brought this professional vibe to the casters, kind of gave them this aura of authority because it allowed them to elaborate on the specific teams, give reasons why players are better, etc. etc. People who cast BW did this all the time, and the fans do this too.

It's a real pet peeve, and it probably doesn't really hold any relevance, but it's something I've noticed.

To be fair though, the competition with some of these teams is very very close. Thing if, say, MKP and MVP played right now. Would you necessarily predict a 2:0? Most people would say 2:1. A lot of the commentators for LoL also subscribe to the school of thought that you're not allowed to say the game is over or say one team is straight up bad since they're Riot Employees.
It's like, "Is the Federation's Mobile Suit some kind of monster?"
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
April 08 2012 21:17 GMT
#5067
On April 09 2012 06:16 BlackMagister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 06:14 nojitosunrise wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:14 wei2coolman wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:13 nojitosunrise wrote:
Alright here we go...CLG vs TSM

Predictions?

If TSM can't win in first bo3, it'll be CLG's win.


maybe we will see regi's secret AP

/troll

Don't worry secret AP is to let Xpecial play mid.


Aggressive supporting bro
OreoBoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada1639 Posts
April 08 2012 21:17 GMT
#5068
On April 09 2012 06:16 BlackMagister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 06:14 nojitosunrise wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:14 wei2coolman wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:13 nojitosunrise wrote:
Alright here we go...CLG vs TSM

Predictions?

If TSM can't win in first bo3, it'll be CLG's win.


maybe we will see regi's secret AP

/troll

Don't worry secret AP is to let Xpecial play mid.


Dyrus Regniald blitzstar double jungle Xpecial mid np
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 21:18:37
April 08 2012 21:17 GMT
#5069
Excitedddd! I don't think CLG can win two bo3's.

These crowds. :D LoL ESPORTS too strong.
Retvrn to Forvms
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 21:19:00
April 08 2012 21:17 GMT
#5070
On April 09 2012 06:15 nojitosunrise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 06:14 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Something I've noticed with casters at these LoL tournaments (and SC2 also) is that nobody ever makes any predictions. Everyone sounds like they're scared to take sides and say "yeah, this team is better and I think they're going to take it 2-0". Instead, everyone always says "I think that both teams are good (or players) and I think it can go either way. I'd like to see all five games in this best of five though." It just sounds like a way to keep everyone excited and a cop out from giving out an informed opinion.

I mean, it doesn't really matter, but I always thought that doing that kind of brought this professional vibe to the casters, kind of gave them this aura of authority because it allowed them to elaborate on the specific teams, give reasons why players are better, etc. etc. People who cast BW did this all the time, and the fans do this too.

It's a real pet peeve, and it probably doesn't really hold any relevance, but it's something I've noticed.


Joe and Deman make predictions all the time.

This is one of the reasons I love their casting


Well, I don't know them, I guess, but I'm probably just watching all the wrong casters.


On April 09 2012 06:16 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 06:14 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Something I've noticed with casters at these LoL tournaments (and SC2 also) is that nobody ever makes any predictions. Everyone sounds like they're scared to take sides and say "yeah, this team is better and I think they're going to take it 2-0". Instead, everyone always says "I think that both teams are good (or players) and I think it can go either way. I'd like to see all five games in this best of five though." It just sounds like a way to keep everyone excited and a cop out from giving out an informed opinion.

I mean, it doesn't really matter, but I always thought that doing that kind of brought this professional vibe to the casters, kind of gave them this aura of authority because it allowed them to elaborate on the specific teams, give reasons why players are better, etc. etc. People who cast BW did this all the time, and the fans do this too.

It's a real pet peeve, and it probably doesn't really hold any relevance, but it's something I've noticed.

To be fair though, the competition with some of these teams is very very close. Thing if, say, MKP and MVP played right now. Would you necessarily predict a 2:0? Most people would say 2:1. A lot of the commentators for LoL also subscribe to the school of thought that you're not allowed to say the game is over or say one team is straight up bad since they're Riot Employees.


That's true, but I mean like....they do it in sports all the time. When Roger Federer and Nadal were neck to neck, commentators made predictions on Roger 3-1 or Nadal 3-2, etc. etc.

I think it might be a bit different, especially if you're a Riot employee, but I mean....if you're commentating a game and you keep saying "well they still have a chance".....I don't know. It never flies as a genuine comment anyway, so why say it?
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Elem
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden4717 Posts
April 08 2012 21:17 GMT
#5071
On April 09 2012 06:16 BlackMagister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 06:14 nojitosunrise wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:14 wei2coolman wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:13 nojitosunrise wrote:
Alright here we go...CLG vs TSM

Predictions?

If TSM can't win in first bo3, it'll be CLG's win.


maybe we will see regi's secret AP

/troll

Don't worry secret AP is to let Xpecial play mid.
WTB Xpecial's Ahri.... :Q so good.
#freeshauni
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
April 08 2012 21:18 GMT
#5072
On April 09 2012 06:16 BlackMagister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 06:14 nojitosunrise wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:14 wei2coolman wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:13 nojitosunrise wrote:
Alright here we go...CLG vs TSM

Predictions?

If TSM can't win in first bo3, it'll be CLG's win.


maybe we will see regi's secret AP

/troll

Don't worry secret AP is to let Xpecial play mid.

I actually am not sure if Xpecial would play mid worse than regi .-. Xpecial's a pretty solid mid
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
April 08 2012 21:18 GMT
#5073
dat sign "banana is op"
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
April 08 2012 21:18 GMT
#5074
On April 09 2012 06:17 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 06:15 nojitosunrise wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:14 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Something I've noticed with casters at these LoL tournaments (and SC2 also) is that nobody ever makes any predictions. Everyone sounds like they're scared to take sides and say "yeah, this team is better and I think they're going to take it 2-0". Instead, everyone always says "I think that both teams are good (or players) and I think it can go either way. I'd like to see all five games in this best of five though." It just sounds like a way to keep everyone excited and a cop out from giving out an informed opinion.

I mean, it doesn't really matter, but I always thought that doing that kind of brought this professional vibe to the casters, kind of gave them this aura of authority because it allowed them to elaborate on the specific teams, give reasons why players are better, etc. etc. People who cast BW did this all the time, and the fans do this too.

It's a real pet peeve, and it probably doesn't really hold any relevance, but it's something I've noticed.


Joe and Deman make predictions all the time.

This is one of the reasons I love their casting


Well, I don't know them, I guess, but I'm probably just watching all the wrong casters.


I personally feel LoL has the potential to have many superstar casters, but they are all hindered with the lack of a replay system to practice.

This is why we are reliant on Joe/Deman/phreak/riv, because those 4 are the only ones who get regular practice casting.
It also means that when new casters try to come onto the scene (hat/redbaron/4CJ) they get ripped to shreds by the community.
shrinkmaster
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany947 Posts
April 08 2012 21:19 GMT
#5075
oh i see,

phreak likes long and boring explanations instead of easy to understand explanations.
Voltaire: The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it.
tobi9999
Profile Joined April 2009
United States1966 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 21:20:19
April 08 2012 21:19 GMT
#5076
On April 09 2012 06:18 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 06:16 BlackMagister wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:14 nojitosunrise wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:14 wei2coolman wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:13 nojitosunrise wrote:
Alright here we go...CLG vs TSM

Predictions?

If TSM can't win in first bo3, it'll be CLG's win.


maybe we will see regi's secret AP

/troll

Don't worry secret AP is to let Xpecial play mid.

I actually am not sure if Xpecial would play mid worse than regi .-. Xpecial's a pretty solid mid


wtf? it's pretty obvious that xpecial>regi

Xpecial completely rapes Reginald in mid everytime they meet in solo queue lol
"tobi is ur iq 9999? cuz i think it might be u so smart wowowow." -Artosis
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
April 08 2012 21:19 GMT
#5077
I am so happy they do the win 2 best of threes instead of the best of three where one team has 1 game up in a best of three. I was very unhappy with the tournament last year that did that, DH I think?
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
April 08 2012 21:20 GMT
#5078
OK at this point, League of Legends is one of the most (if not THE most) popular e-sports in the world. Why can Riot not spend a couple hundred dollars to hire reasonable commentators for these tournaments? It can't be THAT hard to find some random person that knows enough about League to not sound like an idiot commentating these games. Just go through the solo queue ladder and try people out or something ...
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
April 08 2012 21:20 GMT
#5079
On April 09 2012 06:19 tobi9999 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 06:18 Shikyo wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:16 BlackMagister wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:14 nojitosunrise wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:14 wei2coolman wrote:
On April 09 2012 06:13 nojitosunrise wrote:
Alright here we go...CLG vs TSM

Predictions?

If TSM can't win in first bo3, it'll be CLG's win.


maybe we will see regi's secret AP

/troll

Don't worry secret AP is to let Xpecial play mid.

I actually am not sure if Xpecial would play mid worse than regi .-. Xpecial's a pretty solid mid


wtf?

Xpecial completely rapes Reginald in mid everytime they meet in solo queue lol

... That's what I was saying?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
scarper65
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1560 Posts
April 08 2012 21:20 GMT
#5080
On April 09 2012 06:16 Chiharu Harukaze wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 06:14 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Something I've noticed with casters at these LoL tournaments (and SC2 also) is that nobody ever makes any predictions. Everyone sounds like they're scared to take sides and say "yeah, this team is better and I think they're going to take it 2-0". Instead, everyone always says "I think that both teams are good (or players) and I think it can go either way. I'd like to see all five games in this best of five though." It just sounds like a way to keep everyone excited and a cop out from giving out an informed opinion.

I mean, it doesn't really matter, but I always thought that doing that kind of brought this professional vibe to the casters, kind of gave them this aura of authority because it allowed them to elaborate on the specific teams, give reasons why players are better, etc. etc. People who cast BW did this all the time, and the fans do this too.

It's a real pet peeve, and it probably doesn't really hold any relevance, but it's something I've noticed.

To be fair though, the competition with some of these teams is very very close. Thing if, say, MKP and MVP played right now. Would you necessarily predict a 2:0? Most people would say 2:1. A lot of the commentators for LoL also subscribe to the school of thought that you're not allowed to say the game is over or say one team is straight up bad since they're Riot Employees.

MKP would completely crush Mvp if they played right now, so that isn't a very good comparison.
Prev 1 252 253 254 255 256 329 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1181
WardiTV490
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 9680
StarCastTV_EN242
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko451
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 17497
Bisu 3920
Jaedong 2939
EffOrt 1091
BeSt 968
ZerO 512
Horang2 416
actioN 270
Larva 207
Zeus 193
[ Show more ]
Pusan 175
Yoon 121
Mind 110
Barracks 109
Hyun 100
ggaemo 77
Killer 53
Snow 48
Sharp 41
Shinee 40
scan(afreeca) 37
NotJumperer 33
Bale 31
ToSsGirL 29
Hm[arnc] 23
Terrorterran 21
Sacsri 19
Mini 13
zelot 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Noble 7
sorry 5
Dota 2
Dendi1020
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1449
byalli740
markeloff87
Other Games
crisheroes314
DeMusliM200
Pyrionflax194
B2W.Neo141
dupreeh114
Mew2King65
QueenE45
Livibee44
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 115
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV636
League of Legends
• Jankos1288
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 58m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.