• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:27
CEST 16:27
KST 23:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8383 users

MoonBear's 2012 Musings - Page 4

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Chexx
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)11232 Posts
January 05 2013 06:03 GMT
#61
On January 05 2013 14:35 rhs408 wrote:
Really hoping TL officially picks up LoL at some point, the main reason for me would be just to make it soooo much easier to find and watch streams of pro LoL tournaments. Right now only the biggest tournaments (MLG, IPL, IEM) get posted in their main "ON AIR" stream list. Aside from that, I have to dig quite a bit at times to find links to "smaller" live tournament streams.


http://esportcalendar.com/LoL/default.html
bookmark this link!
WriterFollow me @TL_Chexx
rhs408
Profile Joined January 2011
United States904 Posts
January 05 2013 07:45 GMT
#62
On January 05 2013 15:03 Chexx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2013 14:35 rhs408 wrote:
Really hoping TL officially picks up LoL at some point, the main reason for me would be just to make it soooo much easier to find and watch streams of pro LoL tournaments. Right now only the biggest tournaments (MLG, IPL, IEM) get posted in their main "ON AIR" stream list. Aside from that, I have to dig quite a bit at times to find links to "smaller" live tournament streams.


http://esportcalendar.com/LoL/default.html
bookmark this link!

Done, ty!
JustMatt
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada15 Posts
January 05 2013 09:55 GMT
#63
Flattered ggC was included in this. Thanks Moonbear.
http://twitter.com/mattdemers
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
January 05 2013 13:42 GMT
#64
Today I visited the LoL section of TL for the first time, and I have to say this was a really great read. Really gave me some insight into the LoL scene and community. I especially liked the part about how writing about LoL is so different from writing about SC2 and Dota2 because the basic foundations of strategy aren't there yet. I can also just imagine how bad LoL casters must be as most SC2 casters, with the wealth of knowledge about SC2 that exists, still manage to somehow remain ill-informed. I don't play LoL, but I'd like to learn more about the scene. Can someone recommend me similar pieces about the LoL scene or TL LoL in general?

Anyways, keep up the good work!
Moderator
Chexx
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)11232 Posts
January 05 2013 13:48 GMT
#65
On January 05 2013 22:42 monk. wrote:
Today I visited the LoL section of TL for the first time, and I have to say this was a really great read. Really gave me some insight into the LoL scene and community. I especially liked the part about how writing about LoL is so different from writing about SC2 and Dota2 because the basic foundations of strategy aren't there yet. I can also just imagine how bad LoL casters must be as most SC2 casters, with the wealth of knowledge about SC2 that exists, still manage to somehow remain ill-informed. I don't play LoL, but I'd like to learn more about the scene. Can someone recommend me similar pieces about the LoL scene or TL LoL in general?

Anyways, keep up the good work!


welcome to our little subforum!
you can read our other writeups they will show you the scene and tournament coverage, introduce teams and so on

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=390532
here is one for ipl5 and at the end there is a collection to all our other writeups
WriterFollow me @TL_Chexx
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 05 2013 20:03 GMT
#66
Moonbear linked to several other pieces of reviews, namely Breaking Down The World, that should give you a pretty good idea of the scene. Not that the whole scene is thinking at that level/aware of it (that's a complaint you could hear a lot, especially about the general population of LoL and about NA teams) but it's really well thought-out.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
January 05 2013 20:28 GMT
#67
On January 04 2013 05:21 TheKefka wrote:
I want TL to pick up LoL because cheering for the TL dota 2 team is really fun and feels like you are cheering for the home team.Would be really nice to have one more TL team to cheer for.
Nice writeup buddybear

This. I want a TL team because they would be the pinnacle of proffessionalism, would show off a multi-region team that is probably based in korea, and would be just straight up amazing to watch as a TL fan. I think that would really go far to integrate the scenes.
User was warned for too many mimes.
MonteCristo
Profile Joined November 2011
United States76 Posts
January 06 2013 06:03 GMT
#68
On January 04 2013 06:08 Weaklink123 wrote:
As a lurker on TL who is just getting into LoL, because of OGN Winter 2012-2013, I am impressed with the quality of this article. I know Moonbear is a staff memeber of TL, but I always thought the best articles would be centered around SC and Dota. Simply because of the focus they get here on TL.

I really loved how your brought up the problems the LoL community has that may cause stagnation. You also do a great job giving advice on how to adjust and fix these problems. The only question I am left with is what seems to be the issue with the casters?

Coming from SC2 it seemed that for a professional tournament to be run at this point you always need an analytical caster and a play-by-play type. Does this not happen or are the analytical casters just that bad at their job. For reference I have only listened to Doa and MonteCristo during this season of OGN LoL.


I guess I'm bad at my job.
DoA
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)599 Posts
January 06 2013 08:16 GMT
#69
On January 06 2013 15:03 MonteCristo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 04 2013 06:08 Weaklink123 wrote:
As a lurker on TL who is just getting into LoL, because of OGN Winter 2012-2013, I am impressed with the quality of this article. I know Moonbear is a staff memeber of TL, but I always thought the best articles would be centered around SC and Dota. Simply because of the focus they get here on TL.

I really loved how your brought up the problems the LoL community has that may cause stagnation. You also do a great job giving advice on how to adjust and fix these problems. The only question I am left with is what seems to be the issue with the casters?

Coming from SC2 it seemed that for a professional tournament to be run at this point you always need an analytical caster and a play-by-play type. Does this not happen or are the analytical casters just that bad at their job. For reference I have only listened to Doa and MonteCristo during this season of OGN LoL.


I guess I'm bad at my job.


You're terrible. I demand my money back.
I cast, therefore I am.
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
January 06 2013 23:33 GMT
#70
On January 04 2013 13:15 barbsq wrote:
good work moonbear, plans for world domination by bears is going exactly as planned.


Teddy Bears 4 Life.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech144
Codebar 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 2231
EffOrt 1051
Soma 827
Mini 796
ggaemo 406
Horang2 376
Light 352
Rush 350
BeSt 313
Stork 285
[ Show more ]
Larva 275
Snow 239
actioN 182
hero 179
Barracks 165
Killer 138
firebathero 116
Zeus 103
Sea.KH 71
JYJ 67
Mong 55
Aegong 47
Sharp 46
Sexy 39
Shinee 36
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 25
zelot 21
sorry 18
Rock 14
Terrorterran 14
Shine 13
Sacsri 10
Icarus 9
JulyZerg 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7056
qojqva1546
Dendi783
XaKoH 481
420jenkins49
Counter-Strike
Fnx 673
kRYSTAL_191
edward51
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4634
Khaldor375
Other Games
gofns47547
singsing1739
B2W.Neo868
byalli544
Lowko421
DeMusliM227
mouzStarbuck190
Liquid`VortiX161
Livibee140
ArmadaUGS108
KnowMe101
Chillindude16
amsayoshi14
Railgan14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV271
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• mYiSmile112
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV358
League of Legends
• Nemesis2085
• Jankos1856
• TFBlade575
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 33m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 33m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.