• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:06
CEST 08:06
KST 15:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7552 users

MoonBear's 2012 Musings - Page 2

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 03 2013 20:48 GMT
#21
On January 04 2013 05:48 Dandel Ion wrote:
What I really want is a Leaguepedia link on the header, where the Liquipedias are.

Because I'm a lazy bum.
Yup.


Bookmarking es hard I hear. :p
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
January 03 2013 20:50 GMT
#22
Interesting read moonbear! Keep that content rolling!
liftlift > tsm
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
January 03 2013 20:51 GMT
#23
That Soraka!!!!
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
SgtSquiglz
Profile Joined December 2010
United States668 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-03 20:53:50
January 03 2013 20:52 GMT
#24
Dont post much, but I appreciate all you (and the rest of the LoL staff) have done for TL LoL. Looking forward to what TL brings in 2013!

Edit: That "call me maybe" joke made me laugh.
Take anything I say with a grain of salt.....I suck at this game. Also, Go Blue!
DoXa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Switzerland1448 Posts
January 03 2013 20:53 GMT
#25
I didn't visit this subforum alot in the last couple of months, but articels like these are making me to come back and have a look at LoL again.

Thanks for the effort and keep the good work up!
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
January 03 2013 21:04 GMT
#26
followed and retweeted cause those articles are gems and the best i read troughout the internets

gg ww
@ggmonx
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
January 03 2013 21:05 GMT
#27
On January 04 2013 05:48 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2013 05:48 Dandel Ion wrote:
What I really want is a Leaguepedia link on the header, where the Liquipedias are.

Because I'm a lazy bum.
Yup.


Bookmarking es hard I hear. :p

es really hard

I always forget.

Now, bow to my whim and make the world like I want it to be.

I'll even
+ Show Spoiler +
say please
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Weaklink123
Profile Joined April 2011
United States159 Posts
January 03 2013 21:08 GMT
#28
As a lurker on TL who is just getting into LoL, because of OGN Winter 2012-2013, I am impressed with the quality of this article. I know Moonbear is a staff memeber of TL, but I always thought the best articles would be centered around SC and Dota. Simply because of the focus they get here on TL.

I really loved how your brought up the problems the LoL community has that may cause stagnation. You also do a great job giving advice on how to adjust and fix these problems. The only question I am left with is what seems to be the issue with the casters?

Coming from SC2 it seemed that for a professional tournament to be run at this point you always need an analytical caster and a play-by-play type. Does this not happen or are the analytical casters just that bad at their job. For reference I have only listened to Doa and MonteCristo during this season of OGN LoL.
mYinsanityCoach 우정호 (KT Violet) - 1988 - 2012.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
January 03 2013 21:09 GMT
#29
Yo Moonbear. Good read. Only read like 2 paragraphs though.

+ Show Spoiler +
tldr prz? LOL
God Bless
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 03 2013 21:10 GMT
#30
Fantastic read as always, MB.
Your point about casters using VODs and your articles as a point of research/reference really hit home.
I know I'm just the PbP guy but I'm really going to give this a bunch of thought for future casting.
(If I ever get to do any again.... >.< )
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-03 21:23:50
January 03 2013 21:13 GMT
#31
On January 04 2013 06:08 Weaklink123 wrote:
As a lurker on TL who is just getting into LoL, because of OGN Winter 2012-2013, I am impressed with the quality of this article. I know Moonbear is a staff memeber of TL, but I always thought the best articles would be centered around SC and Dota. Simply because of the focus they get here on TL.

I really loved how your brought up the problems the LoL community has that may cause stagnation. You also do a great job giving advice on how to adjust and fix these problems. The only question I am left with is what seems to be the issue with the casters?

Coming from SC2 it seemed that for a professional tournament to be run at this point you always need an analytical caster and a play-by-play type. Does this not happen or are the analytical casters just that bad at their job. For reference I have only listened to Doa and MonteCristo during this season of OGN LoL.


The best analytical casters from SC2 tend to be former/current players (BW/SC2). Unfortunately LoL is not old enough where there is a stable set of retired players who can jump in and give the analysis that people like. The casters we have now are getting better but you can tell the difference in the community's reaction when players hop in and give their insight.
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
Isken
Profile Joined November 2010
Korea (South)1131 Posts
January 03 2013 21:20 GMT
#32
cat video made it all worth it
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
January 03 2013 21:22 GMT
#33
On January 04 2013 06:13 JBright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2013 06:08 Weaklink123 wrote:
As a lurker on TL who is just getting into LoL, because of OGN Winter 2012-2013, I am impressed with the quality of this article. I know Moonbear is a staff memeber of TL, but I always thought the best articles would be centered around SC and Dota. Simply because of the focus they get here on TL.

I really loved how your brought up the problems the LoL community has that may cause stagnation. You also do a great job giving advice on how to adjust and fix these problems. The only question I am left with is what seems to be the issue with the casters?

Coming from SC2 it seemed that for a professional tournament to be run at this point you always need an analytical caster and a play-by-play type. Does this not happen or are the analytical casters just that bad at their job. For reference I have only listened to Doa and MonteCristo during this season of OGN LoL.


The best analytical casters from SC2 tend to be former/current players (BW/SC2). Unfortunately LoL is not old enough where there is a stable set of retired players who can jump in and give the analysis that people like. The casters we have now are getting better but you can tell the difference in the community's reaction when a player hops in and give their insight.


Which is why Jatt is so good at this
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 03 2013 21:34 GMT
#34
Thanks for the insight, especially on the writing/making the research stuff.
Also, LPEU? I thought you were playing on NA?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
January 03 2013 22:32 GMT
#35
Looking forward to 2013's coverage. Keep up the good work.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
KevinIX
Profile Joined October 2009
United States2472 Posts
January 03 2013 22:37 GMT
#36
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


My heart just melted. :3
Liquid FIGHTING!!!
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
January 03 2013 22:43 GMT
#37
Wow. Awesome. I hope this gets all the praise it rightly deserves. Fucking fantastic and I can't wait to see what's coming for you, for the subforum, for TL, for LoL, and for eSports in 2013.

+ Show Spoiler +
ALSO, HOLY SHIT MY NAME'S IN THIS. I AM NOT WORTHY. + Show Spoiler +
Do you require more coffee Master Bear?
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
January 03 2013 22:53 GMT
#38
On January 04 2013 06:34 Alaric wrote:
Thanks for the insight, especially on the writing/making the research stuff.
Also, LPEU? I thought you were playing on NA?

I started on LPEU, now trying to level my NA acc haha.

On January 04 2013 07:37 KevinIX wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


My heart just melted. :3

This took a surprisingly long time to come up with because a lot my previous iterations weren't mathematically accurate :<
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
January 03 2013 23:13 GMT
#39
Double AP Skarner is too stronk.
I am sorry I just had to :D
Anyway, I appreciate the writeups and also the analysises (?) of pro games, I know how much time it takes. If you could ever use help analysing a game, be it for a write-up or just for yourself, feel free to PM me, I should usually have enough time to help you out. <3
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
GreenManalishi
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada834 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-03 23:37:01
January 03 2013 23:36 GMT
#40
On January 04 2013 07:37 KevinIX wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


My heart just melted. :3

It took me a bit to remember my symbolic logic.

I have really enjoyed the content provided by TL so far, it should be interesting to see what happens over the next year. Personally, I think a big reason that LoL theory crafting is so weak compared to BW and SC2 is the lack of replays. I still have APM_RepInfo and bwChart on my desktop, and the data sets that could be extracted from those programs allowed for the sort of prescriptive empirical analysis that League is so sorely lacking.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 147
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2059
HiyA 459
Mong 182
Shinee 61
Bale 25
NotJumperer 24
Noble 12
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Reynor57
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 793
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft685
Other Games
summit1g7077
C9.Mang0305
PiGStarcraft226
ArmadaUGS35
RuFF_SC231
Livibee20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick540
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream449
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2236
League of Legends
• Rush1236
• Lourlo1141
• Stunt448
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
3h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
17h 54m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 4h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.