• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:44
CEST 02:44
KST 09:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1 [IPSL] IPSL is Back With Winter 26-27!
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12453 users

Strongest Lategame Carries

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-10 00:35:12
November 10 2010 00:34 GMT
#1
Now, this isn't totally relevant to the metagame at high levels, because people roam in groups of 5 and everyone just tries to CC the healers and focus down the carries and it's a big mess of AOE and a bunchabullshit, BUT

one of the funnest parts of any game ever is theorycrafting (and testing) which champs could beat the other in a completely maxed item scenario, 1v1, no summoner spells, FINAL DESTINATION.

Ruken initially started this research off a couple months ago and determined that

Nasus > Jax
Nasus > Trynd
Nasus > Olaf
Nasus > Warwick

This was back when siphon strike could be dodged. Jax gave him the most trouble due to being able to dodge siphon, but if repeated today it's almost certain that Jax wouldn't even get close. Wither is just too strong against all these champs. Olaf's passive is great in a real game but doesn't kick in fast enough in a 1v1. Of course, many many different builds were tested just to see. Stack armor, stack armor pen, stack lifesteal, get as much damage as possible, balance your stats, grab a warmog and thornmail for ultimate EHP, etc etc etc.

Today Ruken and I did another test on my claim that XinZhao would wreck Nasus. After farming for 40 minutes to get about 15k gold, we started our builds and the results were pretty interesting.

For any other champ, Bloodrazor didn't seem to have enough of an effect on Nasus to matter. But my theory was that with enough AS xin would be able to keep Q permanently off cooldown and keep Nasus in the air long enough to wittle him down. Xin wouldn't need lifesteal because of imba passive.

The best build for Xin seemed to be Randuins, Thornmail, Frozen Heart, Bloodrazor, Malady, Sword of the Divine. Xin's got a total of about 130 AD from this build but nearly 2.5 AS, and over 400 armor. Randuins and Xin's ult are activated at the beginning of the fight to give him survivability, as well as SotD. Q is immediately proc'd to get a fast pop-up, and W is pressed right after to refresh cooldowns. Q is activated as soon as it's off cooldown again and so is W.

Nasus found success with Infinity Edge, Bloodrazor, Triforce, Warmog, Frozen Heart, and Randuins. Banshee was deemed worthless as it could be popped with Xin's E immediately. Popping Nasus's ult will get a Triforce proc, followed by spirit fire and siphon for another proc, as well as wither to try to counteract xin's imba AS (wither absolutely destroys any other champ... Xin's AS even drops to about 0.4 at the last tick, which is disgusting). Both champs triple-potting gives Nasus the advantage, strangely enough. Nasus also won when Xin got Warmogs instead of SotD, and the champs literally broke even (as in, they both killed each other on the last hit) no less than 6 times in our tests with various builds. CDR and minimizing the opponents attack speeds are crucial. Lifesteal is huge on Nasus.

Strangely enough, just as Xin can destroy Nasus or at least hold equal with him, and Nasus clobbers Jax, I hypothesize that Jax would rape Xin, as would Warwick.

Yi hasn't been taken into any considerations, nor has Pirate (do oranges remove wither? that could be huge), but Yi isn't considered a threat, *LOL*.

SO, yeah. I'm down to do tests again another day (requires multiple people farming multiple lanes for about half an hour then meeting at baron and constantly fighting each other and swapping out builds and whatnot), which champs do you guys think are the best late-game carries?

Obviously ranged v melee isn't fair because if the ranged can keep the gap wide, they can kite to win, whereas if the melee can close it (Xin, Yi, Warwick) the ranged doesn't stand a chance. But I'd like to see which ranged could beat which ranged as well (my money's on Kog and Trist).
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
November 10 2010 01:02 GMT
#2
Hmm, so how farmed is nasus getting before these fights? I've seen Siphon Strikes hitting with 1300+ bonus damage, I doubt Xin would stand a chance against that. Have you tried either against a full AP Sion? Zhonya's 4 Archangels and Lich Bane makes him a tough threat, possibly subbing one AA for a fully maxed mejais will give more AP but at that point he's healing himself for ~800k every lich bane proc while his ult is active and dealing a shit ton of damage during his burst.

Kog vs Trist would be an interesting battle, and I'm fairly certain anyone agai
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
November 10 2010 01:05 GMT
#3
Nasus had 260 Siphon Strike damage iirc. I mean sure you could give him 6000 Siphon Strike damage and he'd win outright but where's the fun in that? Also Ruken seems to think there's an upper limit to SS damage around 1400 anyways.

Also with Xin having 400 armor and SS being physical damage, it was severely reduced either way.

Haven't tried AP Sion yet, didn't even think of that, but it'd definitely be a good fight. Ofc, Xin would be stacking MR and AS to keep Sion popped up so who knows about that one. Not sure how Nasus would fair against an AP champ either
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Pandonetho
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada321 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-10 01:15:50
November 10 2010 01:12 GMT
#4
Interesting. I also did this theorycrafting with a friend.

Are we considering summoner spells? Because wouldn't Nasus get raped if you simply cleansed his wither?



I tested Sion vs Yi with a friend (I didn't use a single ability except my shield but that's worthless anyway, Yi used youmuu's and his ult). That vid shows me with Thornmail and him without though. Also, I farmed a ridiculous amount of minions so I have a lot more health than I should have.

Once Yi got thornmail it was a closer match, but once I used my ultimate with Sion, gaining 125% life steal, it wasn't a match at all.

Personally I think if we're allowed to cleanse CC with summoner spells, Sion could destroy Nasus.
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
November 10 2010 01:25 GMT
#5
If wither is such a big deal, wouldn't Summoner Cleanse / Quicksilver Sash make sense? Or are you assuming both champions take Cleanse / Exhaust and they cancel each other out?
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
November 10 2010 02:57 GMT
#6
We did no summoners because like cleanse destroys Nasus but does nothing when facing Yi or Xin, so it's not exactly fair. Only items were used. Merc treads and quiksilver are *nice* to get rid of wither but that is subtracting an entire item slot worth something else that might be more important (100 armor, 50% attack speed, Bloodrazor, etc)
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
November 10 2010 02:59 GMT
#7
Yeah as far as I'm concerned, regarding your video, Yi is going to get wrecked by everyone. All they need is to prioritize armor or dodge, and he's worthless. He's got no can't-miss skill, and while he's got a fuckton of attack speed and damage, so does everyone else in these scenarios. Meditate gets him killed, alpha strike is lol, so he's already down two abilities whereas everyone else uses all their abilities pretty well.
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
November 10 2010 03:42 GMT
#8
I'm positive citrus fruits gets rid of the movement slow on Nasus' wither but I'm not 100% sure it gets rid of the attack speed debuff but I think that it does. And GP has a 50% reduction to your lifesteal. GP > Nasus you heard it here first.
Retvrn to Forvms
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
November 10 2010 03:51 GMT
#9
Definitely want to try GP and Nasus then. But I'm also pretty positive Jax will beat GP and possibly Xin. Also even after I discounted Yi, I've had a game as Yi where I was super farmed and I let the game go on so I could keep getting kills and their GP eventually got superfarmed as well and we both had essentially the best items you could buy and I still beat him \m/ So I've got Yi > GP too
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
November 10 2010 04:03 GMT
#10
AP Nasus is the hardest carry.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
November 10 2010 04:08 GMT
#11
I think a properly itemized Yi could probably stand a chance:

LW + Black Clever + Ghostblade + Sword of the Divine (makes dodge useless) + Inf. Edge + Bloodrazor would probably be the best damage combo though he might want some other stats like survivability or lifesteal.
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
DiracMonopole
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1555 Posts
November 10 2010 04:18 GMT
#12
You dont need LW and black cleaver. I saw drop LW for quicksilver sash.
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-10 05:26:19
November 10 2010 05:22 GMT
#13
On November 10 2010 10:12 Pandonetho wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Interesting. I also did this theorycrafting with a friend.

Are we considering summoner spells? Because wouldn't Nasus get raped if you simply cleansed his wither?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2iWfgwtqI

I tested Sion vs Yi with a friend (I didn't use a single ability except my shield but that's worthless anyway, Yi used youmuu's and his ult). That vid shows me with Thornmail and him without though. Also, I farmed a ridiculous amount of minions so I have a lot more health than I should have.

Once Yi got thornmail it was a closer match, but once I used my ultimate with Sion, gaining 125% life steal, it wasn't a match at all.

Personally I think if we're allowed to cleanse CC with summoner spells, Sion could destroy Nasus.

Try zerk greaves 4 warmogs atmas on sion for shits and giggles.


On November 10 2010 12:51 gtrsrs wrote:
Definitely want to try GP and Nasus then. But I'm also pretty positive Jax will beat GP and possibly Xin. Also even after I discounted Yi, I've had a game as Yi where I was super farmed and I let the game go on so I could keep getting kills and their GP eventually got superfarmed as well and we both had essentially the best items you could buy and I still beat him \m/ So I've got Yi > GP too

Jax beats everything that isn't sion or nasus, mostly because the multiple warmogs+atmas has the potential to instagib. (and by potential I mean unless every autoattack gets dodged, which is not even the case on siphon strike. good times.)

EDIT 3: not sure how warmogs atmas nasus vs warmogs atmas sion would fare, nasus has higher dmg output and wither but sion's lifesteal is enough to completely fill his hp with each hit.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
November 10 2010 05:29 GMT
#14
hey out of curiosity how would a warwick with 6 bloodthirsters fair against these champions lol
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
November 10 2010 05:36 GMT
#15
multiple warmogs gets completely outclassed by a single-slot item tho, BloodRazor. in all our testing today we found that adding a warmogs neither helped nor hurt either of us. so many %-based skills make warmogs irrelevant. 4warmog atma especially would be insta death to attackspeed + BR.
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
November 10 2010 05:38 GMT
#16
On November 10 2010 14:29 travis wrote:
hey out of curiosity how would a warwick with 6 bloodthirsters fair against these champions lol


very poorly. my xinzhao build today would beat it heartily (400+ armor, 2.2+ AS, BR, perma pop)
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
DiracMonopole
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1555 Posts
November 10 2010 05:51 GMT
#17
Doesnt end-game Trynd obliterate anyone?
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
November 10 2010 06:43 GMT
#18
lol. this is why whenever u see a melee dps u just take exhaust.
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
November 10 2010 06:58 GMT
#19
On November 10 2010 14:51 DiracMonopole wrote:
Doesnt end-game Trynd obliterate anyone?


No. not even close actually. i'll put my money on warwick, xin, AND jax to beat trynd
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
nyxnyxnyx
Profile Joined April 2010
Indonesia2978 Posts
November 10 2010 07:10 GMT
#20
I see your Nasus and raise you a Teemo.
cool beans
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings69
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 165
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10762
White-Ra 373
Dota 2
monkeys_forever711
NeuroSwarm56
League of Legends
Doublelift5800
JimRising 634
Counter-Strike
fl0m6913
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox927
AZ_Axe158
Other Games
summit1g8878
KnowMe201
Maynarde189
ArmadaUGS105
Mew2King39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1041
BasetradeTV184
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 73
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 17m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
10h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.