• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:22
CEST 02:22
KST 09:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10758 users

What are you reading 2009 edition

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-24 04:51:28
May 24 2009 04:48 GMT
#1
1 Rule: no more than 3 books per post;

1) A book you have recently finished
2) A book you are currently reading
3) The next book you plan on reading

Just finished
[image loading]

excellent if the topic interests you

currently reading
[image loading]


and i made this thread because I don't know what to read next ;<
so SHARE what you are reading (and let me know what you think of it)!

its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-24 05:03:21
May 24 2009 05:01 GMT
#2
Just Finished: (2 books ago)
[image loading]


You guys (like 95% of tl) kept telling me it was good, so I finally broke down and read it. Freaking loved it, thanks guys.

Currently (re)Reading:
[image loading]


Loved it in high school, curious to see if I still do, so far about half way through and enjoying it pretty well.

Next up:
Not entirely sure, but most likely this:
[image loading]


because everybody at another forum I post at loved the crap out of it.
Edit: And because it will help me reach my goal of reading at least 5 books by female authors this year. So far I haven't read one.
iPF[Div]
Profile Joined February 2008
Spain572 Posts
May 24 2009 05:11 GMT
#3
I usually stick to nonfiction with the majority of my reading surrounding philosophical essays, but my gf is a pretty big fan of fantasy shit and she gave me some books to read.

I just finished the Belgariad which is a five book series, and I've just started the Mallorean which is another five book series which is the sequel to the Belgariad. Have to admit I was expecting to hate them but I've found them rather entertaining.


[image loading]



[image loading]
Since ma jae yoon and jin young soo stabbed me in the fucking back, i've got no one to rep here.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-24 05:15:19
May 24 2009 05:12 GMT
#4
1) One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey
[image loading]

I love this book, and I believe most people do/would too. Amazing writing. I love how he writes in the perspective of chief.

2) Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut
[image loading]

Kind of an odd book, but I like how he weaves events together and the lack of organization. Makes for an interesting read.

3) East of Eden - John Steinbeck
[image loading]

I'm a big fan of Steinbeck (Of Mice and Men, Grapes of Wrath, the Pearl, Cannery Row), and I have heard East of Eden is one of his best. I suppose I will start in the summer o_o

Edit: @ Div, my friend read the same series and really liked it. Is it a straight forward fantasy or does it have more twists/interesting plot ideas?
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
May 24 2009 05:16 GMT
#5
Just finished:

Interesting read

[image loading]



Awesome read

[image loading]



Currently Reading

[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-24 05:25:47
May 24 2009 05:18 GMT
#6
Thank god we're all posting covers so I have something to judge by

[image loading]
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
May 24 2009 05:18 GMT
#7
[image loading]


[image loading]


I recently got into gothic literature.
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
May 24 2009 05:18 GMT
#8
I've been in the process of reading this for several years:

[image loading]


Yeah haven't been reading books lately lol

Oh yeah I did read the Bartimaeus trilogy a couple of summers back I guess..
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
May 24 2009 05:19 GMT
#9
1) Books I have recently finished:
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


I enjoyed them all, AL probably more than others, mostly due to how it was written. plus i was a big fan of the blog too, so yeah

2) books currently reading: n/a
3) books planning on reading: n/a
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
May 24 2009 05:21 GMT
#10

1) A book you have recently finished
A Game of Thrones
2) A book you are currently reading
A Clash of Kings
3) The next book you plan on reading
A Storm of Swords



[image loading]


[image loading]



[image loading]
wurm
Profile Joined October 2007
Philippines2296 Posts
May 24 2009 05:24 GMT
#11
Just finished
[image loading]


Current reading
[image loading]
I know where my towel is.
Lefnui
Profile Joined November 2008
United States753 Posts
May 24 2009 05:26 GMT
#12
[image loading]
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-24 05:37:08
May 24 2009 05:28 GMT
#13
Just read 1984 for English, book is weird as hell.
[image loading]


Currently I'm looking for a copy of Tablo/Daniel Armand Lee's Pieces of You, but I can't seem to find it anywhere
[image loading]
Commentator
EGMachine
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1643 Posts
May 24 2009 05:34 GMT
#14
Currently reading
[image loading]


been working on it for a few weeks now, im getting stuck on some parts but overall a very descriptive and informative book that really has some in-depth characters.
I'm like, the coolest
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
May 24 2009 05:35 GMT
#15
[image loading]


amazing book
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
snorlax
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States755 Posts
May 24 2009 05:41 GMT
#16
[image loading]

can't find a cover

and not gonna lie I know this is uber gay but
[image loading]

I actually like romantic novels and yes I am strait, not to big on the vampires, also I figured I have to read this series since it plays a very large role in our culture atm =], its ok exciting and fast paced, but not a work of art
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-24 05:42:40
May 24 2009 05:42 GMT
#17
On May 24 2009 14:34 Machine[USA] wrote:
Currently reading
[image loading]


been working on it for a few weeks now, im getting stuck on some parts but overall a very descriptive and informative book that really has some in-depth characters.

Was waiting for one of these. Resisted the urge to post a book like this and suggest that GTR read it.

Space[Fright] how was Dante's Inferno? I considered reading that a few years back.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
snorlax
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States755 Posts
May 24 2009 05:46 GMT
#18
I recommend it, its really interesting, I always love these medieval draconian things though so if you don't like it you might be lest interested. Its almost funny at some points and very cool.
samachking
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Bahrain4949 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-24 06:08:05
May 24 2009 06:04 GMT
#19
Just Finished:
Art of War by Sun Tzu
[image loading]

Although short it was a pretty good read, and its fun to interpret it SC wise while reading which Im sure most of you did.

Currently Reading:
[image loading]

<3 Marquez, his works are always fantastic and great and can be enjoyed by everyone.

[image loading]

This book is plain great, so clear and cohesive and written and presented in a straightforward manner with many nice examples and analogies by Feynman, truly an awesome guy.


What to Read? I do not really know, I have a crapload of books to read and just ordered some more. So we will see when they come. I have a lot of books to read on my mind, hopefully I can read a lot of them this summer.
"And then Earthlings discovered tools. Suddenly agreeing with friends could be a form of suicide or worse. But agreements went on, not for the sake of common sense, or decency, or self preservation, but for friendliness."
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
May 24 2009 06:08 GMT
#20
Just Finished: Tacitus, Annals
Currently (re)reading: Ellis, American Psycho
Next: ???
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta41
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 94
CosmosSc2 8
ByuN 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1656
GuemChi 1161
Artosis 566
910 36
MaD[AoV]19
Bale 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever174
League of Legends
JimRising 734
Counter-Strike
taco 30
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox621
Other Games
summit1g8434
Day[9].tv646
shahzam491
C9.Mang0326
Trikslyr45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick627
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter146
• Hinosc 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur700
• Day9tv646
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 39m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.