• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:41
CEST 21:41
KST 04:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12746 users

The best movie in the last couple of years? - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 15 Next All
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
May 03 2009 19:06 GMT
#121
edge of heaven/Auf der anderen Seite
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 03 2009 19:09 GMT
#122
On May 04 2009 04:04 FirstBorn wrote:
A few comments on the movie recommended in this thread thus far:

300 was a pretty good movie imo, not particulary realistic but enjoyable. In my oppinion, Watchmen is one of the biggest failures I have yet to lay eyes on but maybe that's just me. Somehow a blue guy (which penis can be seen the whole movie) going emo isn't quite appealing to me.

I've seen a lot of people mention The Dark Knight. While it's a good movie, action packed and it's dose of drama and subliminal messages, it's not a movie that rests in one's memory as incredible or amazing. A good action movie, a bit overrated but nothing more imo.

Slumdog Millionaire wasn't that good imo, I'd probably rate The Curios Case of Benjamin Buttons to be more interesting and entertaining.

Milk, the movie with the gay dude and polithics proved to be quite uninteresting to me so I stopped watching it after 10 minutes, maybe someone with more patience and insight can comment on that one.

I recently watched Ip Man, and all I can say is that I just loved it. Loved it, loved it. Has a lot of nice fights and a very interesting storyline that kept me atleast on the edge of my seat. So if you have some spare time on your hands watch Ip Man and The Curios Case of Benjamin Buttons, those are the only movie that actually let an impression on me in the last weeks.

Ip Man was awesome. Great kung-fu movie.
POGGERS
stroggos
Profile Joined February 2009
New Zealand1543 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 19:14:29
May 03 2009 19:12 GMT
#123
no country for old men/dark knight, Iron man The wrestler, slumdog millionaire, gran torino(even though the acting sucked- it had funny acting from clint eastwood) were good movies in the last couple years.

Seriously iron man and batman begins were brilliant movies, they were just overshadowed by dark knight, even though batman begins is just a smidgen worse than the dark knight.

And no country for old men was amazing.
hi
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 19:19:45
May 03 2009 19:16 GMT
#124
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (somewhat satirical detective/crime movie, some of the best lines ever, really good performance by Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr.)

And I will second The Assassination of Jesse James, I was stunned by that movie.

I think both of these movies are a little under the radar, but amazing.

Edit: I don't know what the big deal is with the Dark Knight, 300 is terrible but in a good way (I'd watch either movie again if I were really bored and had a snack), I'd wouldn't watch Wall-E again, I thought it was lousy.
May the BeSt man win.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 19:22:19
May 03 2009 19:20 GMT
#125
[image loading]


[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
anderoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1876 Posts
May 03 2009 19:28 GMT
#126
On May 03 2009 20:25 Yaqoob wrote:
V for Vendetta & The Dark Knight were both very good movies.


THESE
Spike
Profile Joined October 2003
United States1392 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 19:33:57
May 03 2009 19:32 GMT
#127
When I rate movies, I always seem to take audience into account.

For example, the first time I watched The Departed, people were laughing at the jokes from the beginning to the end and it was great.
I watched it again with another group of people and there were hardly any laughs =/
Still, the first time left a very good impression.

Anyway from 2005 on:
The Departed
Juno
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (def. the most fun of any movie)

So I don't know if these are the best movies but they left the most memorable impressions.
Dark Knight too of course, which everyone loved, but I thought was overrated. Probably like Iron Man more than TDK.
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9593 Posts
May 03 2009 19:38 GMT
#128
From the very few movies I've seen in the cinema I'll have to say The Black Knight.
And the Bourne Trilogy is fucking sick, I highly recommend it.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
anderoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1876 Posts
May 03 2009 19:48 GMT
#129
On May 04 2009 01:02 konadora wrote:
Is Wall-E really that good? The trailers didn't really impress me.


A lot of people have a stupid outlook that because it's a Pixar kids/family movie that it can't be considered really good. But honestly it was incredible how the animators were able to convey such emotion from the characters who had very little facial expression, ie robots without eyebrows or mouths are still able to look surprised or shocked, etc. Maybe I'm wording this poorly but I think most people who've seen it will know what I mean.
SpiritoftheTunA
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States20903 Posts
May 03 2009 19:56 GMT
#130
[image loading]
posting on liquid sites in current year
Tensai176
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Canada2061 Posts
May 03 2009 20:01 GMT
#131
I also thought The Dark Knight was really over-rated.
I liked, V for Vendetta and The Departed.

I enjoyed Casino Royale as well but not as a candidate for Best Movie.
We see things they'll never see
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
May 03 2009 20:02 GMT
#132
On May 04 2009 04:56 SpiritoftheTunA wrote:
[image loading]


great movie! Thats me and my gfs pick if we were to watch one together.
Life?
Twisted
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands13554 Posts
May 03 2009 20:02 GMT
#133
[image loading]


Really love this movie. Bought it with my last batch of bought dvd's and watched it today. Really gives you another perspective on life. I think it's a little short though, they could've added maybe 15 more minutes and I'm a sucker for a cheesy ending so they could've dragged it out some more.

9/10.
Moderator
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 03 2009 20:04 GMT
#134
On May 04 2009 05:02 Twisted wrote:
[image loading]


Really love this movie. Bought it with my last batch of bought dvd's and watched it today. Really gives you another perspective on life. I think it's a little short though, they could've added maybe 15 more minutes and I'm a sucker for a cheesy ending so they could've dragged it out some more.

9/10.

OH GOD

I SO WANTED TO WATCH THAT MOVIE :<
POGGERS
white_box921
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United Kingdom967 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 20:10:17
May 03 2009 20:06 GMT
#135
On May 03 2009 21:12 ktp wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/chart/2000s

One that surprised me on that list was Coraline. I haven't seen it yet. So for those who saw it, how was it compared to the other films on the list?


the only one which makes me want to rewatch right now is the pianist because i don't think any other movie has stuck me so much, i was in tears watching a movie and that is fucking amazing. saying that, i must have seen gladiator like 5 times and once finished LOTR:extended version in one day
ccou
Profile Joined December 2008
United States681 Posts
May 03 2009 20:08 GMT
#136
If I can pick just one, it'd be City of God.
Wake up Mr. B!
Twisted
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands13554 Posts
May 03 2009 20:13 GMT
#137
Oh meant to post that in the 'movies you have seen recently'.

Oh well.
Moderator
Miller
Profile Joined September 2008
United States77 Posts
May 03 2009 20:23 GMT
#138
Gladiator
Fight Club
Pitch Black
3 Kings
Children of Men

Are a few good ones that come to mind....
ilj.psa
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Peru3081 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 20:40:19
May 03 2009 20:35 GMT
#139
On May 03 2009 21:14 CharlieMurphy wrote:
I completely disagree with Batman Begins, Dark Knight, V for Vendetta, and Transformers .
Dark Knight and transformers are pretty good but not really awesomely great, V/Begins just sucks.

New Wolverine movie is pretty good though

the new wolverine movie sucked

+ Show Spoiler +
tipical kill love one with some twist in it , gets revenge, kill some megamonster at the end, very predictable, i was looking forward to this movie for a long time but it was a big dissapointment
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
May 03 2009 21:09 GMT
#140
im not trying to troll, but speed racer. I absolutely loved this movie. I dont have a clue why people hated it so much. I havent watched the cartoon before or know anything about it previously
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1446
TKL 466
IndyStarCraft 292
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1446
TKL 466
IndyStarCraft 292
EmSc Tv 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23664
Calm 2286
Shuttle 355
Mini 168
White-Ra 147
ZZZero.O 107
firebathero 77
scan(afreeca) 19
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc11484
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1387
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4251
Liquid`Hasu565
MindelVK27
Other Games
summit1g5910
Liquid`RaSZi2259
fl0m1635
FrodaN1407
B2W.Neo745
olofmeister654
Khaldor478
Beastyqt342
Livibee185
crisheroes133
Pyrionflax108
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick771
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft 2
angryscii 20
EmSc Tv 10
EmSc2Tv 10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 26
• Adnapsc2 12
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach43
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1290
• Shiphtur691
• WagamamaTV332
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 19m
Replay Cast
3h 19m
OSC
16h 19m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.