• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:43
CEST 08:43
KST 15:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8596 users

I love college

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
QuoC
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States724 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-24 05:10:41
February 24 2009 05:09 GMT
#1
Obviously there are some brilliant minds (and the opposite of brilliant people, of course). So, this is a thread dedicated to any crazy stories related to being in college. From exams to parties with everything inbetween, share your story! And if you're in high school, read and get a taste of your next big step to the real life.
Please don't rant on about getting so drunk that you passed out for two days straight, everyone has been there and done that. Drugs and alcohol make the stories more interesting too.
Dario "TLO" Wünsch -- Favorite SC2 Player
Solinren
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2653 Posts
February 24 2009 05:13 GMT
#2
I'm failing a class because I was watching Starleague's and the Winner's Leagues til 4 in the morning and end up not doing the homework that is due at 8 o' clock.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-24 05:21:01
February 24 2009 05:20 GMT
#3
My roommate freshman year didn't talk.

Like, he wasn't a mute or anything, he just didn't talk.

We shared about a dozen hastily spoken 3 word conversations OVER THE COURSE OF 9 FUCKING MONTHS that I initiated because I wanted to, well, not be afraid that he was going to murder me in my sleep, but he would end them by saying either 'yes' or 'no' and then turning back to his computer.

When I left for class, he was there, when I got back from class, he was there. He was ALWAYS there, never left the room.

Rumors got to me that his first roommate (he was a sophomore during my freshman year) had dropped out almost entirely due to him.

Half of the time when I would leave my room other people from the floor would ask me questions about him, like I was living with a circus attraction, or a cancer patient, or a combination of the two.

Yay college.

P.S.- Since then I have had 2 awesome roommates over the past 2 years, and next year I am going to have a single room, so it's not all bad. Just the most interesting college story I could think of.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
February 24 2009 05:20 GMT
#4
One time crackheads raided my house and those crackheads called more crackheads to come but luckily I woke up and called the cops. Fun times.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
February 24 2009 05:23 GMT
#5
oh roomates, my freshman roomate cried because the frat he wanted a bid from didn't like him, it was like the 3rd day of school and I was very confused as to what I should do. Luckily some guy down the hall had a bigger heart and comforted him.
Ozarugold
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
2716 Posts
February 24 2009 05:26 GMT
#6
I used to take light jogs at night and I got stopped by a cop because I looked suspicious. Yay for being a minority!
this is my quote.
Qwertify
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2531 Posts
February 24 2009 05:27 GMT
#7
It's not all about getting girls drunk and getting laid. Not that those two go together, and not like those two things are what College is all about for guys.

I'm glad I could contribute.
CJ Entusman #24
Urth
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1256 Posts
February 24 2009 05:28 GMT
#8
I do better in some of my courses because I stay up watching starcraft and thus pull all nighters

My suitemates clog the shower tub
BY.HERO FIGHTING!!!!
Butigroove
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Seychelles2061 Posts
February 24 2009 05:28 GMT
#9


I don't really have any stories that don't involve copious amounts of alcohol. :S
beach beers buds beezies b-b-b-baaanelings
iloveHieu
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1919 Posts
February 24 2009 05:32 GMT
#10
I'm not too involved with college at all outside of academic, not that I'm a very good student either =( I have to work 3 on-campus jobs just to keep the hours around 20 because each job offers such limited hours it's ridiculoussss.. well that was lame if I remember something interesting I'll come back~

p.s. Quoc you're supposed to start if off wtf happened?
Xellos <3
Braintricks
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
137 Posts
February 24 2009 05:35 GMT
#11
Whenever my girlfriend is in the room, my roommate freaks out and won't stay in her presence for longer than a few minutes. His excuse is that he knows we'd be wanting to do "other things" rather than be bothered by him. It's extremely annoying.
goddamn nerd rappers
Ziph
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands970 Posts
February 24 2009 05:36 GMT
#12
I hate college, SUCH A WASTE OF FUCKING TIME. Everything I learned I could have learned for free by myself in like 1month instead of 2years I quit and i'm definitely never going too one again. Shit sucks, in the 2years all i learned was common fucking sense stuff -.-.
Starcraft 2 - Beta
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
February 24 2009 05:37 GMT
#13
I'm studying computer sciences. And trying to not have dramatic shit. Drama is for high school.
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
February 24 2009 05:38 GMT
#14
And that song SUCKS ASS. OH MY GOD

Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
February 24 2009 05:40 GMT
#15
Lets see, probably the best story I have is one while we were buying alcohol with a 'fake' ID. Technically it was a real ID, but it was one that the guy's older brother gave him. So he goes in, everything goes smoothly until he tries to make the purchase. When the guy looks at the card he says "Date of birth?" My friend replies "February 16th." Store owner: "1984?" "Yeah."

The date on the card was february 28th. Afterwords we all wondered wtf just happened...
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
February 24 2009 05:41 GMT
#16
On February 24 2009 14:35 Braintricks wrote:
Whenever my girlfriend is in the room, my roommate freaks out and won't stay in her presence for longer than a few minutes. His excuse is that he knows we'd be wanting to do "other things" rather than be bothered by him. It's extremely annoying.


I started out sort of uncomfortable with my roommate last year and his girlfriend for similar reasons, but I became uncomfortably comfortable with them by the end of the year. Like, his phone was off so I sent HER a text message saying that they need to finish up because I am about to get back and I need a book for my next class. She slapped me (playfully) when I got there for assuming they would be in the middle of sex, even though I am sure they were, people with 8am classes don't have bedhead at 4pm.
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
February 24 2009 05:42 GMT
#17
I've spent 12-15 hours a day working on assignments etc

this should continue for at least the next 2 weeks
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 24 2009 05:44 GMT
#18
My roommates were awesome in first year. One guy was two years younger than me and the other guy, and it was his first time living away from home, so he would act crazy randomly throughout the course of the year we lived together. Activities included (note: this all occurred past 3 AM): russian broom dance (him riding a broom), randomly giggling, randomly running into walls, making happy meters to indicate his mood and nailing it to his wall with his textbook.

It was great.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
toopham
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States551 Posts
February 24 2009 05:48 GMT
#19
One quarter, instead of going to class, i stayed home and play starcraft whole day.
When finals week come, I look over the material thinking I got this, I was lost from the very start of the book.
I end up not even showing up to the final and got an F.

DIE!!!
SmoKing2012
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States385 Posts
February 24 2009 05:49 GMT
#20
One time I ate a moose. Whole.
How do you like them apples, ho-bag? And how do you like those very same apples, Eggars!
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
910 104
Hyun 66
NotJumperer 54
sorry 41
Bale 34
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Noble 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto195
League of Legends
JimRising 574
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King131
Other Games
summit1g8048
Coldzera 728
WinterStarcraft411
ceh9327
C9.Mang0288
NeuroSwarm103
ViBE26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick645
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2269
League of Legends
• Rush1202
• Lourlo956
• Stunt379
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 17m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.