• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:06
CEST 16:06
KST 23:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7685 users

Serious Business - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
December 21 2008 08:41 GMT
#61
So mom...i was thinking about flying to the other side of the country to meet some people i know from the internet. Probably even sleep in the same room as them, and participate underage consumption of alcohol. I'll be back tuesday.

Too bad there's nobody in the midwest (hi bio/sadist)
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
kdog3683
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States916 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 09:02:39
December 21 2008 08:55 GMT
#62
On December 16 2008 22:04 Rekrul wrote:
i know all sorts of powerful people

they always like me

probably because i don't lick their balls like most people


I don't understand why the neurons firing off in your inactive deflated egg brain give you the impulse to type this.

True, you do need to reinforce the "i am rekrul persona: I drink beer, know tons of programmers, go to bars/whorehouse every other night, i make lot of blogs showing how awesome I am, etc etc"
And although sadly the tl populace in general raves for your heavenly stories, I'm sure by now we all fully worship your amazingness to the fullest extent.

So why I'm confused is why you're telling us 'cool people like me cuz i act cool.'
Not that you are trolling, it is relevant to haji's post, but haji's post is a very good post with the potential to strike up plenty of material. You don't need to defile it with a generic statement of how cool you are and why your cool buddies like you because we've already heard it many times in many forms and after a while, even your most devout worshiper won't care! In my bw analogy, It's like those disgusting lastshadow/ambrosia trash who abuse D-'s x20 and get beautiful pgt reps and go around singing "look @ me, i'm a gosu." True gosus like nony/day have the ability to cause others to want to advertise their amazing skills for them.

B/c I'm too lazy, I'm not going to go digging up quotes of you from previous posts.
However, I'm sure the majority of your posts which aren't about your amazinglife/poker/bw/insults to others/random flames/ is a post which translates to "i'm rekrul, i'm a E-cool"

sorry to make flame post --;
Multiply your efforts.
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
December 21 2008 09:10 GMT
#63
jesus christ, it's rekrul. just accept his attention whoring, it's who he is. he knows this and accepts it. just let him say shit like that.
UNFUCK YOURSELF
Naib
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Hungary4952 Posts
December 21 2008 09:20 GMT
#64
On December 21 2008 17:30 iNfuNdiBuLuM wrote:
I really enjoyed reading that haji... Although some of it hit pretty close to home for me. I'm halfway through my 3rd undergrad year at UConn and i don't think i've developed any semblance of a 'network.' I've made friends and stuff here and there, although recently I've begun keeping to myself more and more. Not sure why i do it. I don't exactly enjoy it, and i'm not sure how to change it. See the thing is, more and more i hear people talk about the importance of building a network at college, that most jobs are gotten this way - through your contacts, rather than sending resumes to companies. I don't know exactly how to go about building this network; through my life i have never been too adept at socializing with strangers (ironically, i probably have BW to thank for this). It makes me scared for my future, to be honest. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Sorry for rambling a bit about my life there, it's late and and i'm tired. Does anyone else have difficulty with this like i do? Were you able to overcome it? I would really appreciate any advice


I have the exact same problem, and wonder about my future with the exact same thoughts...

Luckily for me, I'll most likely work in a field that is very similar to my father's, thus I may end up utilizing his network (which has already started to some extent with his help, for like summer jobs and stuff like that). If you're not lucky like I am, I don't know what I could say to help you - I'm also curious about this question.

I'm not sure however, that having a fully operational "network" of people you know at uni is necessary. I think having a few friends / acquintances / whatever may work out just as well later on.
Complete the cycle!
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
December 21 2008 09:29 GMT
#65
On December 21 2008 17:41 decafchicken wrote:
So mom...i was thinking about flying to the other side of the country to meet some people i know from the internet. Probably even sleep in the same room as them, and participate underage consumption of alcohol. I'll be back tuesday.

Too bad there's nobody in the midwest (hi bio/sadist)



Come visit me?
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 12:24:40
December 21 2008 12:16 GMT
#66
On December 21 2008 17:55 kdog3683 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2008 22:04 Rekrul wrote:
i know all sorts of powerful people

they always like me

probably because i don't lick their balls like most people


I don't understand why the neurons firing off in your inactive deflated egg brain give you the impulse to type this.

True, you do need to reinforce the "i am rekrul persona: I drink beer, know tons of programmers, go to bars/whorehouse every other night, i make lot of blogs showing how awesome I am, etc etc"
And although sadly the tl populace in general raves for your heavenly stories, I'm sure by now we all fully worship your amazingness to the fullest extent.

So why I'm confused is why you're telling us 'cool people like me cuz i act cool.'
Not that you are trolling, it is relevant to haji's post, but haji's post is a very good post with the potential to strike up plenty of material. You don't need to defile it with a generic statement of how cool you are and why your cool buddies like you because we've already heard it many times in many forms and after a while, even your most devout worshiper won't care! In my bw analogy, It's like those disgusting lastshadow/ambrosia trash who abuse D-'s x20 and get beautiful pgt reps and go around singing "look @ me, i'm a gosu." True gosus like nony/day have the ability to cause others to want to advertise their amazing skills for them.

B/c I'm too lazy, I'm not going to go digging up quotes of you from previous posts.
However, I'm sure the majority of your posts which aren't about your amazinglife/poker/bw/insults to others/random flames/ is a post which translates to "i'm rekrul, i'm a E-cool"

sorry to make flame post --;


LOOOOOOOOOOOOL i only skimmed the first half of his post where he was talking about its all about who you meet / know then i got bored and just typed that and moved on

and fwiw meeting the right people is not about 'being cool' or 'the man' or anything you might be stupid enough to think i was implying

don't get all butthurt cause i wrote the word powerful

whore houses are not cool btw, i promote against them and i also promote against progamers attending them, if you missed my thread a while back.

and if you think most of my posts are about 'how cool i am' well...they are...but if you were smart maybe you'd realize its all satirical
why so 진지해?
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
December 21 2008 12:29 GMT
#67
p.s. i'm rEal-cool
why so 진지해?
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
December 21 2008 12:32 GMT
#68
man now you've inspired me to write about a near death experience rolling (figuratively in two ways) with the yak just to spite you
why so 진지해?
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 12:39:39
December 21 2008 12:36 GMT
#69
and now that i've read hajis post

I COMPLETELY disagree with the going to LANs or meeting ppl irl stuff

it changes everything, ppl who hated eachother online instantly become friends everytime, it crushes all e-drama and is terrible

i mean before meeting incontrol i would flame him liberally whenever i felt like it

now after seeing just how massive he is i can't : (
why so 진지해?
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
December 21 2008 12:43 GMT
#70
Yeah, but inc is a sweetheart. Like the cowardly lion from wizard of oz, if it had consumed elephant growth hormones.

So you have any plans to deal with that inactive deflated egg brain thing he was talking about? Sounds kind of serious.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
December 21 2008 12:46 GMT
#71
i've been dealing with it for like 3-4 months now since i temporarily rehabed myself by leaving korea

i'm really sharp again, don't know what he's talking about
why so 진지해?
Starparty
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Sweden1963 Posts
December 21 2008 12:55 GMT
#72
"deflated egg brain", he was really aiming for your feelings there... damn... <
The artist formerly known as Starparty
Avius
Profile Joined October 2007
Iraq1796 Posts
December 21 2008 15:06 GMT
#73
Very nice post by you Haji! I wholeheartedly agree with your statements in being a part of the community.

I mean: there is the "observers" and the "observed" so to speak. You always want to be the latter, obviously (look at Rek, mang!! haha). If you take part in a community, people will recognize you and give you credit for your contributions. Now while doing this on the internet might not have the immediate effect similiar to doing this in real life, there still are benefits as you described them already in the OP.

I always thought of communities and forums as being lame and I would never get hooked to anything like that. Well, turns out that TL.net proved me wrong. I spend so much time here nowadays, I browse TL.net more than I browse newspages (yeah wth, they are lame anyways) and even at work I try to browse and read TL all the time. The Pusan banner even gave me some strange looks from colleagues, hahahaha. Well fuck em, Spirit-Toss is win. :D

I think a lot of the people on TL.net wish they could visit such a great event as WWI or Blizzcon or WCG for that matter. Because of the event itself (obviously) but moreso to meet the people that "hide" behind their online avatars.

I, myself, wanted to visit WCG Cologne this year... me living in Germany and all, but sadly I couldn't come. I bet it would have been great if I went but sometimes real-life bitchslaps you in da face.

However, I just wanted to voice my opinion here Hope you guys will come out of your closets (uh oh...) and be part of this wonderful community. Seriously (yes, seriously.. like the OP's title), TL.net is the best online place ever- hope to see everyone participate even more now.

My 2 cents
Peace
aka. Samael
Elric
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom1327 Posts
December 21 2008 16:31 GMT
#74
ROFL "inactive deflated egg brain". Definitely stealing that one.

I'm never been to a LAN myself so I can't really comment on that. But the general theme of networking and just getting out and meeting new people in any way is so important. I really fucked up during my uni years by not doing this. Got too lazy and just kept it close with a small group of friends. But in hindsight, really, really stupid.
Navane
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Netherlands2762 Posts
December 22 2008 17:16 GMT
#75
I define the whole act of getting to know the people who will be important later on so you can ask favors of them, wile returning them when asked for networking.

While i think networking is indeed very efficient if you want to get things done in the future, you can't omit the fact that networking itself costs a lot of time. Not only need you to initiate your network, you have to maintain it as well.

It comes down to lifestyle. If you want to achieve certain things in your life, no matter what, I think networking is a very efficient way. If however, you think the road is more important than the goal, the benifits of networking dwindle. Since the goal is not that important to you, the time you spend on networking can become a burden on your road.

Some people like the networking act; then it's a good road for you no matter what. But me for instance, i am healthy, my familiy is healthy. I don't have any goals which are more important than their respective roads. So for me, networking is not the most efficient way per se.
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 82
Codebar 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 63020
Bisu 2356
FanTaSy 1540
Stork 738
hero 644
Rush 496
Snow 221
firebathero 207
Mind 111
Last 107
[ Show more ]
Free 95
Sexy 76
Sharp 71
Pusan 63
Sea.KH 60
Trap 45
ToSsGirL 43
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 30
Mong 24
Aegong 21
Terrorterran 20
yabsab 17
Rock 15
HiyA 15
zelot 13
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
Shine 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8247
Dendi1097
Counter-Strike
byalli1291
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Other Games
gofns40385
singsing2375
fl0m2326
Liquid`RaSZi1209
B2W.Neo613
Beastyqt517
Mlord351
Khaldor285
Happy284
Hui .214
crisheroes50
Chillindude18
KnowMe9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 301
• HeavenSC 15
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV551
League of Legends
• Nemesis3197
• Jankos3110
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1426
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
54m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 54m
OSC
8h 54m
Replay Cast
8h 54m
OSC
21h 54m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.