• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:12
CEST 00:12
KST 07:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8149 users

[Q] Car Troubles - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
ChaoSbringer
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Australia1382 Posts
August 17 2008 09:10 GMT
#21
Never get a female to inquire/deal with mechanics, they will try to swindle them horribly
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-17 23:00:58
August 17 2008 22:00 GMT
#22
Wow, it gets worse. These motherfuckers installed some oil guage switch (that wasn't an imperative fix) in order to run their 99$ diagnostic system scan. This part cost "73.99$" and "29.70$" for labor.

Bringing the minimum total to 230.44
(shitty disclaimer that my mom signed says on the bottom "... and replace any parts necessary to run this diagnostic.")

The best part too is that they didn't even fix the main problem why the fuck she brought it in there and they would have charged like 60 bucks less to do that (which is still overpriced).

I'm so fucking pissed right now. What the fuck can they do if I just go over there with extra keys and drive off their lot?

PS- How much does this stuff cost? Because this is what they want me to pay.

Diagnostic -- 99.00
OPS120 OIL SWITCH W/GUAGE -- 103.69
4307 Platinum (Spark) Plug x6 -- 164.66
175-6114 Premium wire (spark plug wire set/ Ignition wires) --158.44
EK-10T Ever-Wear 3-Step Fuel System Cleaner -- 88.99
TF4670 Oil Filter + 10W30 5 qts. (oil change) --28.99 (wtf?! I just changed my oil last week, fucking scandalous)

Grand Total: 643.75

Does anyone know where I can find part listings/prices online? Sort of like a Newegg.com for car parts?How hard is all this stuff to do (are there any good websites for this kind of thing?).


edit- Oh yea, and they didn't even check out the broken motor on the window or the fact that there is a screw embedded in the tire. Also, they didn't even put the correct make, model, or year of my car on the printouts, wtf?
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
LonelyMargarita
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
1845 Posts
August 17 2008 22:28 GMT
#23
You probably need to work out something with your mom about her paying most of the cost she incurred. If she signed it, she's the one liable for the costs.

As for the printout, that's lolarious. I didn't even know they made spark plugs and wires that cost half that. Fuel system cleaner? LOL, scam every time. Oil change? Well maybe you need to add oil because of the switch they replaced (if they had to drain some), but obviously not change it.

If you took the car, your mom would still be liable for the 230 bucks, and they can sue her for that after ruining her credit if she doesn't pay.

I'd work out something to pay it off, then get the cheapest spark plug and wire set from autozone you can find for your make/model, and change them yourself.
I <3 서지훈
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-17 23:00:06
August 17 2008 22:51 GMT
#24
Yea, wtf 130$ to replace 30$ worth of spark plugs, and charge for both. motherfucker.

I already told her I'm not paying shit. I just feel bad that she has to pay it. No one should have to pay such ridiculous costs.

Those prices all include the labor fees too, so they would be a bit higher but seriously, so fucking scandalous.

I can't seem to find that OPS210 OIL guage anywhere on the net, and I called a place and they couldn't find it either? Wtf is this thing?
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
mistapooh
Profile Joined March 2007
United States376 Posts
August 17 2008 23:28 GMT
#25
Changing my sparkplugs/wires takes me 10 minutes....that "EK-10T Ever-Wear 3-Step Fuel System Cleaner" is probably just some snake oil they're going to toss in your gas tank/oil pan or something : /.
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
August 17 2008 23:46 GMT
#26
sell it and get a new car O.o?
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-19 09:00:33
August 19 2008 08:55 GMT
#27
Holy fuck, what the fuck.

So I took the day off and dedicated it to getting this shit handled. I went to the Kragen Auto Parts after calling around a few places and getting prices for the aformentioned.

So I bought a set of spark plugs and read the manual for installation in the store, 19 bucks +1 trip.
forgot this;
Ratchet and spark plug socket, 7 bucks +1 trip.
Guy gave me wrong size socket plus some of the wiring was bad so I went back for;
Ignition wiring, 21 bucks +1 trip.

Sanded down some corrosion replaced 2 wires, checked a spark plug (looked fucking fine).
CAR IS GOOD AS FUCKING NEW.
Oh, and the Kragen guy gave me a free Pepsi cause "I've been in here all day".

So I'm gonna hang on to the ratchet and socket cause I don't have them for some reason and I need them anyways. The spark plugs I don't even need, but I'm gonna hang on to them for a week or two in case it fucks up again. So it basically cost me a grand total of 19 bucks and a few hours.


So wtf, Thanks to everyone that helped.

PS- All the money I saved I bought some antifreeze and poured it all over my body and danced around the yard.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech144
Nina 125
ViBE68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15955
Artosis 227
firebathero 78
PianO 19
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever314
canceldota97
NeuroSwarm1
League of Legends
Doublelift3495
Counter-Strike
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
PPMD40
Other Games
summit1g6238
FrodaN1192
shahzam608
B2W.Neo322
C9.Mang0314
RotterdaM86
Mew2King30
fpsfer 2
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile132
• StrangeGG 22
• RyuSc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 32
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1078
• Shiphtur638
Upcoming Events
OSC
4m
davetesta6
Replay Cast
49m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.