• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:54
CEST 13:54
KST 20:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8249 users

WARNING: PURGE 2008 - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 07 2008 04:05 GMT
#141
omg R1CH named me as a purge candidate

zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
July 07 2008 04:06 GMT
#142
I LOVE THIS
Prodigy[x]
Profile Joined May 2006
Canada207 Posts
July 07 2008 04:11 GMT
#143
This site takes itself wayyy to seriously or should I say the staff do, this thread is proof. It could be worse like gosugamers.. I havent vistied that site in probably a year because unlike here where there is just some faggots everyone is a complete faggot there. You guys not to long ago banned 8882... are you fucking retarded? He contributed a lot.. yet you leave faggots like newbcontrol who is the biggest douche this site has ever seen. It doesn't make sense. Removing Rekruls modship or whatever it was definitely was a good idea but that took way to long. Sure he has some intereting stories and I probably have more in common with him than other members here but he was such a ban happy faggot it should have been way earlier.
nimysa
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States383 Posts
July 07 2008 04:17 GMT
#144
Incontrol submits lots of replays thats why he is appreciated.
ViRii
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States826 Posts
July 07 2008 04:18 GMT
#145
Prodigy: Would you rather they occasionally ban the wrong people, while keeping the rest of the forum clean? Or would you rather they let everyone roam free, calling people "Faggots" and telling each other to "stfu".

This is supposed to be the best StarCraft forum on the net and has more recognition from Blizzard and the pro gamers than any other website.

I applaud manifesto and the rest of the staff for doing their part, they may not always get the right guy or be the fastest but they keep it clean and that's the point.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
July 07 2008 04:24 GMT
#146
On July 07 2008 13:11 Prodigy[x] wrote:
This site takes itself wayyy to seriously or should I say the staff do, this thread is proof. It could be worse like gosugamers.. I havent vistied that site in probably a year because unlike here where there is just some faggots everyone is a complete faggot there. You guys not to long ago banned 8882... are you fucking retarded? He contributed a lot.. yet you leave faggots like newbcontrol who is the biggest douche this site has ever seen. It doesn't make sense. Removing Rekruls modship or whatever it was definitely was a good idea but that took way to long. Sure he has some intereting stories and I probably have more in common with him than other members here but he was such a ban happy faggot it should have been way earlier.


purge
fight_or_flight
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States3988 Posts
July 07 2008 04:27 GMT
#147
On July 07 2008 13:24 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2008 13:11 Prodigy[x] wrote:
This site takes itself wayyy to seriously or should I say the staff do, this thread is proof. It could be worse like gosugamers.. I havent vistied that site in probably a year because unlike here where there is just some faggots everyone is a complete faggot there. You guys not to long ago banned 8882... are you fucking retarded? He contributed a lot.. yet you leave faggots like newbcontrol who is the biggest douche this site has ever seen. It doesn't make sense. Removing Rekruls modship or whatever it was definitely was a good idea but that took way to long. Sure he has some intereting stories and I probably have more in common with him than other members here but he was such a ban happy faggot it should have been way earlier.


purge

Depends on his post history I'd say.
Do you really want chat rooms?
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-07 07:31:32
July 07 2008 07:29 GMT
#148
Ahh yes, 8882 the man who spouted such gems as:
he is not polish. he has polish citizenship.
I speak german, does it make me german? lol

and if someone was black and played for korean football team, would it make him korean?
no you dumbass, he would still be black

some random nigger from africa got the citizenshp too and played for our football team, but he still is a random nigger and definitely not polish


hmm I think a typical korean male wakes up, eats a dog, goes to work/school, comes from work, eats a cat, plays starcraft, goes to bed I think that's why korean woman find the korean man unatractive and Rekrul said they have small jajis (how did he learn that???)


personally I believe that jews>arabs
actually I dont like arabs at all

but NOONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THEM


and on and on and on

See you in two weeks.
ModeratorGodfather
Holylight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Korea (South)460 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-07 07:34:23
July 07 2008 07:33 GMT
#149
On July 07 2008 13:05 thedeadhaji wrote:
omg R1CH named me as a purge candidate



if your random lab stories are quality or just you saying that you managed to install SC on your computer is considered quality posting was probably what R1CH was referring to lol


oh, alright it seems like its the real douches who get weeded out according to the quotes Mani posted here from some people
XCetron
Profile Joined November 2006
5226 Posts
July 08 2008 19:56 GMT
#150
oh what irony.

the post above me
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-08 20:28:26
July 08 2008 20:23 GMT
#151
On July 07 2008 13:11 Prodigy[x] wrote:
This site takes itself wayyy to seriously or should I say the staff do, this thread is proof. It could be worse like gosugamers.. I havent vistied that site in probably a year because unlike here where there is just some faggots everyone is a complete faggot there. You guys not to long ago banned 8882... are you fucking retarded? He contributed a lot.. yet you leave faggots like newbcontrol who is the biggest douche this site has ever seen. It doesn't make sense. Removing Rekruls modship or whatever it was definitely was a good idea but that took way to long. Sure he has some intereting stories and I probably have more in common with him than other members here but he was such a ban happy faggot it should have been way earlier.


I agree with this post almost 100%, but I'm going to always say TL > GG, and even trying to relate this site to that one is not fair to TL.net. That site ruins my day when I visit. TL.net brightens mine instead . And besides with TL Mafia I've been viewing more threads periodically. It seems like some of the content has changed, but I also noticed that there is always a good flow of stuff to read. I can't really complain about the users though most are cool too. Granted I just look from afar.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
dronebabo
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
10866 Posts
July 08 2008 20:52 GMT
#152
--- Nuked ---
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
July 08 2008 21:03 GMT
#153
Lol just be nice to people there's no reason you'll be banned >_>
So my conclusion:
1) Be nice to people

and that's it.
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
July 08 2008 21:25 GMT
#154
On July 09 2008 04:56 XCetron wrote:
oh what irony.

the post above me

hahahaha yeah a previously banned user saying THAT
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
EvoChamber
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France2505 Posts
July 08 2008 21:34 GMT
#155
On July 09 2008 06:03 evanthebouncy! wrote:
Lol just be nice to people there's no reason you'll be banned >_>
So my conclusion:
1) Be nice to people

and that's it.


agreed.
That's not awful writing, DAMMIT. It's perfectly sensical english construction.
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-08 21:55:36
July 08 2008 21:50 GMT
#156
On July 09 2008 05:52 dronebabo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2008 13:11 Prodigy[x] wrote:
This site takes itself wayyy to seriously or should I say the staff do, this thread is proof. It could be worse like gosugamers.. I havent vistied that site in probably a year because unlike here where there is just some faggots everyone is a complete faggot there. You guys not to long ago banned 8882... are you fucking retarded? He contributed a lot.. yet you leave faggots like newbcontrol who is the biggest douche this site has ever seen. It doesn't make sense. Removing Rekruls modship or whatever it was definitely was a good idea but that took way to long. Sure he has some intereting stories and I probably have more in common with him than other members here but he was such a ban happy faggot it should have been way earlier.


hi 8882




Prodigy is definitely not 8882. And if you're using "hi ___" as an insult, get some better insults.

About moderation and TL.net taking itself too seriously, I really do think there have been way too many bans in TL.net's history. I say if a person has a long history on a site, or is an important part of the BW community, they should only be put on probation. If they act up again, put them on probation again. If you think this would be too much work, just hire one new "stalker mod."

The strange thing is I think the moderation strategy I outlined above has been applied to me.

8882 has spammed and contributed, and been around BW and the community for a long time. I say probate him. I mean chill out guys, it's a video game forum...






...But whenever I say that I remember I'm seriously arguing about moderators taking the forums too seriously. I'm lame.



Anyways, if you're just reviewing the past month, I posted once besides this. If you're looking the last few months before that, shit posts and probations abound.



EDIT: Is that mod (manablue??) still signing his posts with

--faggot

if so, ban ban ban ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
July 08 2008 22:01 GMT
#157
Not sure I understand the point of this thread. Is it just a warning that mods will get more severe for now on? Or is it an interactive thing like "name who you think deserves it and we'll check"?

Anyway, hope you guys do get more severe. TL.net mods are way too kind imho :p If I were a mod, it would be a blood bath. \o/
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
July 08 2008 22:03 GMT
#158
On July 09 2008 06:50 -_- wrote:
About moderation and TL.net taking itself too seriously, I really do think there have been way too many bans in TL.net's history.
Oh cmon, spend 20 minutes on the SC2 forum then I dare you come back saying "there have been way too many bans in TL.net's history"
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
July 08 2008 22:30 GMT
#159
Prodigy you're a complete fool. "It could be worse, like gosugamers."
Exactly. thats why those morons need to be banned.
Rekrul losing his modship was the first thing wrong that happened, making something like this necessary. This site is frequented by many awesome people exactly because they take is seriously, and you say it like its a bad thing. Tlnet(mods) shouldn't need a reason to ban people, and them going too lightly on people that should have been banned is the only reason this is necessary, because they need to catch up on the garbage around here and feel a need to let everyone know why.

8882 was a troll from the start. The fact that he lasted as long as he did is a credit to mods' collective leniency.
Moletrap
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1297 Posts
July 08 2008 22:49 GMT
#160
On July 05 2008 18:14 zulu_nation8 wrote:
it is OK to post one liners as long as you have something to contribue once in awhile, do not insult people for no reason, is relatively open-minded, etc


hahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahaahhaahahaha
aka Moletrap
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1094
WardiTV431
OGKoka 134
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11270
StarCastTV_EN295
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko332
OGKoka 134
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13582
Bisu 4904
FanTaSy 3839
Shuttle 1724
Jaedong 1477
BeSt 956
actioN 734
EffOrt 593
Horang2 473
Larva 267
[ Show more ]
Leta 262
Zeus 253
Mind 109
Barracks 106
Dewaltoss 104
JYJ 82
Sexy 80
Mong 73
scan(afreeca) 64
sorry 60
ToSsGirL 55
Killer 45
Shinee 45
Sea.KH 44
sSak 36
Bale 31
soO 25
Free 24
Aegong 21
HiyA 15
Sacsri 9
yabsab 7
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc2089
Dendi646
XaKoH 355
Counter-Strike
x6flipin261
Other Games
singsing2435
olofmeister1320
B2W.Neo547
crisheroes303
Pyrionflax214
Livibee137
dupreeh110
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick575
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 171
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1311
Other Games
• WagamamaTV176
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 6m
Replay Cast
11h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 6m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 6m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.