• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:52
CEST 08:52
KST 15:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6874 users

WARNING: PURGE 2008 - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
July 05 2008 17:22 GMT
#101
On July 06 2008 01:29 zer0das wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2008 18:14 zulu_nation8 wrote:You'll be surprised at how mods can tell who is an idiot or not based on what someone writes....


That's not really surprising at all. It's not that difficult and if someone acts like an an idiot repeatedly it's quite easy to pick up. I used to frequent the Something Awful forums a lot, but it got to the point where pretty much everyone except the people who had been around the block once or twice was an idiot. So there'd be weeks of permanent bans instead temporary bans, because people weren't even reading the rules or the stickied thread at the top of every forum. You'd think people would be more careful because they had to pay ten bucks, but no. I don't even know how much any of it helped, because I began to understand the subculture of a subforum that had the hobby of going through other forums and finding stupid stuff people would say and getting others to know about it.

At that point I started to understand the forum way too much for my own good and just stopped going, because it wasn't even worth it anymore. I don't think TL is nearly bad as it was there, but it never hurts to be on top of things.


i was being sarcastic of course you can tell a lot about a person from what he writes about....
ZergZoul
Profile Joined April 2007
Mexico408 Posts
July 05 2008 18:47 GMT
#102
[image loading]
nitram
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada5412 Posts
July 05 2008 18:54 GMT
#103
The time oh year when GG.net's new members skyrockets
These sites might be of more use than a StarCraft site, where the majority of posters look on WCIII as the dense misformed fetus produced during Blizzards latest miscarrige.
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
July 05 2008 18:58 GMT
#104
On July 06 2008 02:22 Kennigit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2008 02:00 Rekrul wrote:
This stuff never works, idiots.

probably should just mod rek inc and cow and be done with it



i second that

though CoW with banpowers kind of scares me.
mahnini
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States6862 Posts
July 05 2008 22:26 GMT
#105
this reminds me of a picture i concocted in a thread now long forgotten
[image loading]
the world's a playground. you know that when you're a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.
Epicfailguy
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Norway893 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-05 23:30:08
July 05 2008 23:14 GMT
#106
Please delete this, posted in wrong topic.
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
July 06 2008 00:04 GMT
#107
Lol so true, mahnini.
Peace~
Tropics
Profile Joined August 2007
United Kingdom1132 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-06 04:38:14
July 06 2008 00:28 GMT
#108
damn i so posted in the wrong thread
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
July 06 2008 01:15 GMT
#109
I'm actually pretty relaxed the first time I meet people in a situation like going to someone's house for dinner... good in some situations, bad in others. :D

Not that I'm ever an asshole at TL. Ever.
ScarFace
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1175 Posts
July 06 2008 01:27 GMT
#110
Looks like I will have to watch what I say for a little bit. =o
Can you dig it?
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
July 06 2008 01:37 GMT
#111
I think this is great. I'm new to posting around here, however I've been around for a while. I too have noticed many lame posters going unpunished. I think it's great that you're doing something about it.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
July 06 2008 02:09 GMT
#112
Crazy graph skills, mahnini!
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
omninmo
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
2349 Posts
July 06 2008 12:04 GMT
#113
im glad all that happened to me this year was having my name changed. TL ftw
vGl-CoW
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Belgium8305 Posts
July 06 2008 12:24 GMT
#114
On July 06 2008 03:58 Gene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2008 02:22 Kennigit wrote:
On July 06 2008 02:00 Rekrul wrote:
This stuff never works, idiots.

probably should just mod rek inc and cow and be done with it



i second that

though CoW with banpowers kind of scares me.


oh come on what's the worst that could happen

*oh fortuna starts blasting extremely loudly as pictures of the holocaust and various genocides flash by at a terrifying pace*
Moderatorfollow me on twitter if u think ur so tough @BooyaCow
AdamaS
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
119 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-06 15:36:48
July 06 2008 15:36 GMT
#115
On July 05 2008 17:23 Manifesto7 wrote:
Hi holylight, you must be new.

I suggest you read the TL 10 commandments.


To be honest this is one thing I can't stand about the mods here. How hard could it have been to just kindly answer his question in a respectful manner. The above comment appears sarcastically demeaning. One other time I remember was you replying to someone asking a genuine question about why there wouldn't be replays of TSL matches, and you just said "no end of story" or something along those lines. Yeah I'll probably get banned for this but whatever.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
July 06 2008 16:07 GMT
#116
lol
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
July 06 2008 16:12 GMT
#117
On July 07 2008 00:36 AdamaS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2008 17:23 Manifesto7 wrote:
Hi holylight, you must be new.

I suggest you read the TL 10 commandments.


To be honest this is one thing I can't stand about the mods here. How hard could it have been to just kindly answer his question in a respectful manner. The above comment appears sarcastically demeaning. One other time I remember was you replying to someone asking a genuine question about why there wouldn't be replays of TSL matches, and you just said "no end of story" or something along those lines. Yeah I'll probably get banned for this but whatever.

You dont know holylight or his posting history. thanks
AdamaS
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
119 Posts
July 06 2008 16:27 GMT
#118
On July 07 2008 01:12 Kennigit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2008 00:36 AdamaS wrote:
On July 05 2008 17:23 Manifesto7 wrote:
Hi holylight, you must be new.

I suggest you read the TL 10 commandments.


To be honest this is one thing I can't stand about the mods here. How hard could it have been to just kindly answer his question in a respectful manner. The above comment appears sarcastically demeaning. One other time I remember was you replying to someone asking a genuine question about why there wouldn't be replays of TSL matches, and you just said "no end of story" or something along those lines. Yeah I'll probably get banned for this but whatever.

You dont know holylight or his posting history. thanks


no i don't actually. cheers.
wifebeater
Profile Joined January 2008
178 Posts
July 06 2008 16:33 GMT
#119
Good to know, good to know..


Btw how do I delete my TL-acc? (no, i'm not leaving.)
Villain Terran~~~~~~~~~~
Holylight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Korea (South)460 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-06 17:31:30
July 06 2008 17:31 GMT
#120
On July 07 2008 01:12 Kennigit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2008 00:36 AdamaS wrote:
On July 05 2008 17:23 Manifesto7 wrote:
Hi holylight, you must be new.

I suggest you read the TL 10 commandments.


To be honest this is one thing I can't stand about the mods here. How hard could it have been to just kindly answer his question in a respectful manner. The above comment appears sarcastically demeaning. One other time I remember was you replying to someone asking a genuine question about why there wouldn't be replays of TSL matches, and you just said "no end of story" or something along those lines. Yeah I'll probably get banned for this but whatever.

You dont know holylight or his posting history. thanks


whats wrong with my posting history though

I just dont type one-liners, I try to be articulate
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyun 62
NotJumperer 57
sorry 49
Bale 35
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto205
League of Legends
JimRising 577
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King123
Other Games
summit1g7972
Coldzera 728
WinterStarcraft403
ceh9364
C9.Mang0339
NeuroSwarm108
Sick44
ViBE22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick627
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo1034
• Stunt390
• Jankos187
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 8m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 8m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 8m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.