• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:26
CEST 00:26
KST 07:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9702 users

EARTHQUAKE!

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
TheOvermind77
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States923 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-18 09:55:18
April 18 2008 09:54 GMT
#1
So I just woke up out of sleep and my room was shaking...I thought maybe I had rolled over and shook my bed or something then my girlfriend called. She said she thought someone just busted in her house or something...then I got a call from my parents and it turns out an Earthquake just occurred! Everyone in my house started waking up and we were like "what the hell!??!"!

Turns out it lasted 30 seconds and it was the New Madrid fault ripping (I live in KY) and it was felt by people in New York!

FRIGGIN' EARTHQUAKE!

Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 18 2008 09:56 GMT
#2
I didn't feel it!
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
April 18 2008 09:56 GMT
#3
HOLY SHIT I just woke up too - i'm in West Lafayette IN. Just woke up to my bed shaking. =/ My roommate and I were like.. wtf?? but no one else in the apartment complex seems to notice...
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
Rent-A-Hero
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States137 Posts
April 18 2008 09:58 GMT
#4
I'm from Illinois and my house fell over.
TheOvermind77
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States923 Posts
April 18 2008 09:58 GMT
#5
On April 18 2008 18:56 lilsusie wrote:
HOLY SHIT I just woke up too - i'm in West Lafayette IN. Just woke up to my bed shaking. =/ My roommate and I were like.. wtf?? but no one else in the apartment complex seems to notice...


Yeah I thought it was just because I was sleepy or something and my bed....wow, kind of freaky. Not much news about it now but I know my dog was freaking out a few minutes before and kept barking...eerie.
Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me.
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
April 18 2008 09:58 GMT
#6
You should be happy it was not Godzila.
TheOvermind77
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States923 Posts
April 18 2008 09:59 GMT
#7
On April 18 2008 18:58 Rent-A-Hero wrote:
I'm from Illinois and my house fell over.


Just read somewhere that it was magnitude 5.4 and based in Illinois.
Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
April 18 2008 10:05 GMT
#8
cloverfield HWAITING~
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
April 18 2008 10:06 GMT
#9
You realize that this is how cloverfield started
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
April 18 2008 10:08 GMT
#10
where'd you read that? I can't find any news on it.
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
April 18 2008 10:09 GMT
#11
They felt it in New York? I'm in Philly and didn't feel a thing.
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
April 18 2008 10:11 GMT
#12
Im in NC and I didn't feel a thing. I AM on the 5th floor.......hmmm

Damn :-(
baal
Profile Joined March 2003
10708 Posts
April 18 2008 10:12 GMT
#13
wat...a thread for a silly earthquake? lol ive felt dozens of earthquakes.
Im back, in pog form!
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 18 2008 10:12 GMT
#14
On April 18 2008 19:09 Klogon wrote:
They felt it in New York? I'm in Philly and didn't feel a thing.



I live in NYC and didn't feel it. Maybe someone lied
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
April 18 2008 10:13 GMT
#15
On April 18 2008 19:12 baal wrote:
wat...a thread for a silly earthquake? lol ive felt dozens of earthquakes.


It was my first. I feel ... used.
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
beefhamburger
Profile Joined December 2007
United States3962 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-18 10:16:52
April 18 2008 10:16 GMT
#16
I'm also in West Lafayette, IN :O and I was planning to wake up early but the stupid earthquake robbed me of the few precious extra minutes that I could have spent sleeping. It just felt like my bed was circling in place.
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
April 18 2008 10:17 GMT
#17
I'mma take it is Indiana telling me to get the fuck out and so I shall obey. Just got back to the States and look what happens. I'm leaving this joint.
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
LonelyMargarita
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
1845 Posts
April 18 2008 10:18 GMT
#18
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Quakes/us2008qza6.php

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gxPvXBa_kwldln7jw_kNT0EsoE1QD90472KG0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Madrid_Seismic_Zone#2008_Earthquake

Felt it in Michigan.
I <3 서지훈
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
April 18 2008 10:59 GMT
#19
WTF?

I live in central Indiana, just north of Indianapolis and I didn't feel a thing.

Looking at facebook statuses, though, looks like lots of my friends did.

I guess I'm just dumb :[
Moderator
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
April 18 2008 11:01 GMT
#20
Err, didn't Cloverfield start by being woken up by a falling satellite?
Commentator
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta13
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE62
Nina 27
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 194
Dewaltoss 94
Hyuk 65
Bale 15
Noble 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm105
League of Legends
Doublelift3754
Counter-Strike
Fnx 742
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5390
Khaldor787
Liquid`Hasu571
Other Games
summit1g8092
FrodaN2163
shahzam525
KnowMe270
JimRising 253
C9.Mang0202
ArmadaUGS100
ZombieGrub48
PPMD42
Trikslyr41
CosmosSc2 21
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH357
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2305
Other Games
• imaqtpie877
• Shiphtur201
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11h 34m
Online Event
12h 34m
FEL
17h 34m
AI Arena Tournament
18h 34m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 34m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.