• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:52
CEST 12:52
KST 19:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8802 users

Wizards, Warriors, and Magic: A Strategic Partnership

Forum Index > General Forum
149 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All

Wizards, Warriors, and Magic: A Strategic Partnership

Text byLiquid`Nazgul
September 27th, 2016 14:16 GMT


Team Liquid signs ground-breaking strategic partnership with Peter Guber, Ted Leonsis, Bruce Stein, Magic Johnson, and more


“Team Liquid, one of the most successful global esports team franchises has announced the sale of the controlling interest in their team to a diversified and accomplished ownership group led by two renowned professional sports team owners, media and technology entrepreneurs Peter Guber and Ted Leonsis. Steve Arhancet and Victor Goossens will continue in their respective roles as Co-CEOs of Team Liquid and will also serve as Directors for Team Liquid. Guber and Ted Leonsis will serve as Co-Executive Chairmen of their new esports ownership group aXiomatic and will be joined by a group of leading strategic partners in building their broad based esports enterprise. Bruce Stein, an accomplished executive from technology, content and consumer product companies will serve as CEO of aXiomatic.”

— aXiomatic eSports


As I’m sure you’ve heard by now, we have announced a groundbreaking strategic partnership with an investment group led by Peter Guber and Ted Leonsis. For myself and Steve, this has been a really long time in the making and we are excited finally to be able to share it with you. When we started looking for investment early last year, we had many different options from multiple minority investments to a majority investment. Throughout this long process I have really gotten to know Bruce and Peter as intelligent and trusting partners and they have put together a phenomenal investment group to invest alongside them—including Ted Leonsis whose background is a perfect mix of sports, technology, and innovation.

I would like to take this opportunity to speak briefly about what this means for Liquid. An important message I wanted to communicate today is that Steve and I are both on long term agreements as Co-CEO’s of the company. In a way, our involvement in leading Liquid is even more assured now than when we were sole owners. There is no place I would rather be than working to bring Liquid to greater heights together with our amazing staff and players. I’ve now put almost half of my life into Team Liquid, and I’m ready to begin a new chapter in the ongoing story of our presence in esports. Today I want to leave you with a message of reassurance that everything will be the same but better. I intend to write a long-form blog post in the coming weeks that will provide more insight into our decision and newly formed partnership. It will describe my hopes and aspirations, but it will also touch upon worries and concerns that we have had to think deeply about.

I want to give a shout out to Bruce who has been spearheading many of the conversations this past year. He’s one of the smartest, most grounded, and ethical individuals I’ve ever met and I am proud that I will be able to have him as a mentor. Most importantly thank you so much to all the fans and staff that helped to make this happen. We could not have done it without you.

- Victor "Nazgul" Goossens

I will always be a fan at heart—a gamer who fell in love with League of Legends. I decided to build a team because I've been passionate about gaming and competition since I first started playing WarCraft and StarCraft. It's the core inspiration for why I set out to build an esports team in the first place. I followed my heart and walked away from my career in Washington D.C. even though all I knew was that I loved gaming. It's been an unbelievable journey so far, and I am so proud to make a difference in this growing industry.

The recognition that esports has received over the past few years has been awe-inspiring, and the hobby that our fans and I share can now be counted among the biggest competitions in the world. This partnership will give our current and future players opportunities that I could only dream of when we started. Peter, Ted, and Bruce share the same ambitions that Victor and I have been working toward, and I am excited to learn as much as I can from them.

Team Liquid is already one of the organizations shaping the future of esports, but there are still so many opportunities that we want to explore. The goals I share with Victor have changed—they are now a lot bigger, and a lot bolder. There are very exciting times ahead, and we're all going to take this to the next level together.

- Steve "LiQuiD112" Arhancet



Facebook Twitter Reddit
Administrator
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-27 14:17:42
September 27 2016 14:17 GMT
#2
Well.. Today is certainly an interesting day. Congrats Victor and co.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
September 27 2016 14:21 GMT
#3
Congrats, as long as all the old guys are still on board, this seems like a cool deal and a great oppurtunity to grow!
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
September 27 2016 14:22 GMT
#4
Holy shiet
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
September 27 2016 14:22 GMT
#5
let's hope this is for the best, mixed feelings
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
HououinKyouma
Profile Joined November 2011
Australia152 Posts
September 27 2016 14:23 GMT
#6
hope this bring a good future, keep moving forward yo
Terran Dream Team | TaeJa | INnoVation | Maru | TY| Cure | Maru again
Liquid`JunoTheCat
Profile Joined December 2014
Netherlands79 Posts
September 27 2016 14:26 GMT
#7
Incredibly happy for this, and looking forward to a bright future for TL :3

Congrats Victor and Steve.
Team Liquid"Two things fill the heart with ever new and increasing admiration and awe: the starry skies above and the moral law within"
Mag1c
Profile Joined February 2015
Canada180 Posts
September 27 2016 14:30 GMT
#8
Congratulations to Steve and Victor! You earned this. Good luck with the next steps.
Oracle's Elixir: LoL eSports analytics (http://oracleselixir.com)
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 27 2016 14:31 GMT
#9
On September 27 2016 23:30 Mag1c wrote:
Congratulations to Steve and Victor! You earned this. Good luck with the next steps.


are you magic johnson
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
YourGoodFriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2197 Posts
September 27 2016 14:32 GMT
#10
Wow congrats guys!
anonymous is the most famous author that anyone can be
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
September 27 2016 14:34 GMT
#11
Awesome!
Didn't see mention of Magic??
Did see axiom...atic
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51622 Posts
September 27 2016 14:36 GMT
#12
On September 27 2016 23:22 Jer99 wrote:
Holy shiet


same.

That said I'm not rooting for golden state.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Liquid`JunoTheCat
Profile Joined December 2014
Netherlands79 Posts
September 27 2016 14:37 GMT
#13
y0su wrote:
Awesome!
Didn't see mention of Magic??
Did see axiom...atic



Magic Johnson is one of the investors. The link at the top of the post has more info :D
Team Liquid"Two things fill the heart with ever new and increasing admiration and awe: the starry skies above and the moral law within"
IofDBholder
Profile Joined September 2009
30 Posts
September 27 2016 14:38 GMT
#14
On September 27 2016 23:34 y0su wrote:
Awesome!
Didn't see mention of Magic??
Did see axiom...atic


The investing co-ownership group includes:

Magic Johnson - Hall of Fame basketball player and serial entrepreneur


Congrats!!!
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
September 27 2016 14:42 GMT
#15
There is someone besides Nazgul leading TL? I'm out of touch.

Congrats, I guess. We will see how things develop.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-27 14:45:54
September 27 2016 14:45 GMT
#16
On September 27 2016 23:42 Lucumo wrote:
There is someone besides Nazgul leading TL? I'm out of touch.

Congrats, I guess. We will see how things develop.


There was a merger some time ago.

https://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2015/01/06/team-liquid-and-former-curse-become-one
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-27 14:48:45
September 27 2016 14:48 GMT
#17
Is this just for the TL esports team or does it include everything (forums ect.)?
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19392 Posts
September 27 2016 14:49 GMT
#18
Where are my staff season tickets?
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Ansibled
Profile Joined November 2014
United Kingdom9872 Posts
September 27 2016 14:50 GMT
#19
'aXiomatic eSports'

'StarCraft is just a fairy tale told to scare children actually.'
TL+ Member
Zhek
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada342 Posts
September 27 2016 14:52 GMT
#20
Bring in the big money yo
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko208
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31078
Calm 4696
Rain 2564
Hyuk 1190
Bisu 978
FanTaSy 648
Jaedong 396
Horang2 338
Soma 318
Rush 277
[ Show more ]
BeSt 250
Zeus 236
Stork 210
Mong 182
Larva 112
Mini 103
ZerO 89
Pusan 75
Mind 75
Light 75
Barracks 50
910 50
ToSsGirL 46
Sexy 44
Killer 36
Shinee 34
Yoon 31
NaDa 29
Snow 27
Free 21
sorry 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Noble 13
Terrorterran 7
sSak 6
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6020
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1189
byalli891
shoxiejesuss565
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns49224
singsing1604
dupreeh338
crisheroes252
B2W.Neo43
ZerO(Twitch)8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 7
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2025
Other Games
• WagamamaTV80
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 9m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 9m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.