• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:20
CEST 00:20
KST 07:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8068 users

Welcoming Halo to the Liquid Family - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
285 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1104 Posts
May 14 2015 18:10 GMT
#41
I think the SC2 fans are starting to feel like BW fans did when SC2 came out.
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-14 18:27:22
May 14 2015 18:17 GMT
#42
cool. I used to follow Halo a lot before reach came out. don't recognize the names too well though. I think Aries I've heard of and was Elamite back in Halo 3 cause it seems familiar. cool though.

also if you need writers or contributers I volunteer even though I'm not very good.

I think I'm thinking of the wrong guy. can someone tellme what Halo 3 teams Elamite was on? (I thinkit was the one with Flamesword but I can't remember clearly)
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
May 14 2015 18:18 GMT
#43
On May 15 2015 03:10 Mistakes wrote:
I think the SC2 fans are starting to feel like BW fans did when SC2 came out.


I don't see how this detracts from sc2 at all, so not really!
Specialist
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States803 Posts
May 14 2015 18:19 GMT
#44
lol

User was warned for this post
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-14 18:22:00
May 14 2015 18:21 GMT
#45
On May 15 2015 02:33 Ej_ wrote:
Halo alive game?

wow, weird pick surely


https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/halo-championship-series

Gz, TL, legit pickup.
Best of luck, guys!
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1104 Posts
May 14 2015 18:23 GMT
#46
On May 15 2015 03:18 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2015 03:10 Mistakes wrote:
I think the SC2 fans are starting to feel like BW fans did when SC2 came out.


I don't see how this detracts from sc2 at all, so not really!


Just that BW was THE eSport. Then SC2 was THE eSport. Now there's a ton of competition.
TeamLiquid was the website for BW. Then TeamLiquid was the website for SC2. Now it's a website for whatever game.
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
May 14 2015 18:23 GMT
#47
Wow awesome news, Halo is my first "esport love" since I started playing and following the scene when Halo 2 came out (Halo: CE the first game was awesome but not optimized at all for network play unfortunatel).
Just reading some Halo names I recognize (Elamite back in the the days known as ElamiteWarrior iirc) and Ninja probably in Halo 3, bring some memories back.
Best of luck to this team!
WriterMaru
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-14 18:26:20
May 14 2015 18:25 GMT
#48
Err please delete
WriterMaru
bartus88
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands491 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-14 18:29:38
May 14 2015 18:26 GMT
#49
On May 15 2015 03:08 Nine Gates wrote:
Full circle complete. Halo got me into MLG, which got me into SC2, which got me into TL, which now gets me back to Halo.

Exactly the same for me! It will be interesting to see what the current Halo scene is like.


Also, a small mistake in the post (in my opinion):
...but the competitive scene experienced a period of difficulty after the launch of Halo4.

From what I remember, it was Halo: Reach that introduced the "period of difficulty" for competitive Halo. I was a die-hard Halo fan, but Reach just didn't feel like Halo any more, I think most people that played 1-3 felt the same way.

Edit:
On May 15 2015 03:17 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
I think I'm thinking of the wrong guy. can someone tellme what Halo 3 teams Elamite was on?

His name used to be Elamite Warrior. He was part of the very successful Str8 Rippin' team that went on to win the National Championship in the first year of H3. After that he also played in Instinct I believe.
Random master race
Noonius
Profile Joined April 2012
Estonia17413 Posts
May 14 2015 18:28 GMT
#50
looks like TL has SBENU level of dirty esports money. Maybe Nathanias lend 'em some of that subscriber money, who knows
Terran forever | Maru hater forever
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
May 14 2015 18:29 GMT
#51
On May 15 2015 03:23 Mistakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2015 03:18 Dodgin wrote:
On May 15 2015 03:10 Mistakes wrote:
I think the SC2 fans are starting to feel like BW fans did when SC2 came out.


I don't see how this detracts from sc2 at all, so not really!


Just that BW was THE eSport. Then SC2 was THE eSport. Now there's a ton of competition.
TeamLiquid was the website for BW. Then TeamLiquid was the website for SC2. Now it's a website for whatever game.


TL is still chiefly a site dedicated to Starcraft 2. Look at the front page and tell me that you honestly think it gives the impression of a "website for whatever game".
AdministratorBreak the chains
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
May 14 2015 18:31 GMT
#52
On May 15 2015 03:26 bartus88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2015 03:08 Nine Gates wrote:
Full circle complete. Halo got me into MLG, which got me into SC2, which got me into TL, which now gets me back to Halo.

Exactly the same for me! It will be interesting to see what the current Halo scene is like.


Also, a small mistake in the post (in my opinion):
Show nested quote +
...but the competitive scene experienced a period of difficulty after the launch of Halo4.

From what I remember, it was Halo: Reach that introduced the "period of difficulty" for competitive Halo. I was a die-hard Halo fan, but Reach just didn't feel like Halo any more, I think most people that played 1-3 felt the same way.

Edit:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2015 03:17 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
I think I'm thinking of the wrong guy. can someone tellme what Halo 3 teams Elamite was on?

His name used to be Elamite Warrior. He was part of the very successful Str8 Rippin' team that went on to win the National Championship in the first year of H3. After that he also played in Instinct I believe.



okay thanks. yeah that makes sense.
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Trizz
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands1323 Posts
May 14 2015 18:32 GMT
#53
Console FPS and down the drain you go
nope
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
May 14 2015 18:33 GMT
#54
On May 15 2015 03:23 Mistakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2015 03:18 Dodgin wrote:
On May 15 2015 03:10 Mistakes wrote:
I think the SC2 fans are starting to feel like BW fans did when SC2 came out.


I don't see how this detracts from sc2 at all, so not really!


Just that BW was THE eSport. Then SC2 was THE eSport. Now there's a ton of competition.
TeamLiquid was the website for BW. Then TeamLiquid was the website for SC2. Now it's a website for whatever game.


I'm pretty sure TL is still a website for sc2, that's why they split the other games off to different sites. Yeah we have smash, csgo, heroes and now halo on TL but they're very small compared to sc2 here.
CakeSauc3
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1437 Posts
May 14 2015 18:36 GMT
#55
On May 15 2015 03:26 bartus88 wrote:
Also, a small mistake in the post (in my opinion):
Show nested quote +
...but the competitive scene experienced a period of difficulty after the launch of Halo4.

From what I remember, it was Halo: Reach that introduced the "period of difficulty" for competitive Halo. I was a die-hard Halo fan, but Reach just didn't feel like Halo any more, I think most people that played 1-3 felt the same way.


I can also vouch for this, Halo CE was kind of small, then Halo 2 got big, Halo 3 got huge, but then starting with Reach Halo's scene started shrinking tremendously. By the time 4 came out it was already dead.
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1104 Posts
May 14 2015 18:39 GMT
#56
On May 15 2015 03:29 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2015 03:23 Mistakes wrote:
On May 15 2015 03:18 Dodgin wrote:
On May 15 2015 03:10 Mistakes wrote:
I think the SC2 fans are starting to feel like BW fans did when SC2 came out.


I don't see how this detracts from sc2 at all, so not really!


Just that BW was THE eSport. Then SC2 was THE eSport. Now there's a ton of competition.
TeamLiquid was the website for BW. Then TeamLiquid was the website for SC2. Now it's a website for whatever game.


TL is still chiefly a site dedicated to Starcraft 2. Look at the front page and tell me that you honestly think it gives the impression of a "website for whatever game".


Very true.
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
Circumstance
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States11403 Posts
May 14 2015 18:44 GMT
#57
It's finally happened. After a long time of trying, I think we actually found the game where the Liquid-EG rivalry can be revived!
The world is better when every background has a chance.
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
May 14 2015 18:47 GMT
#58
Sick!
Moderatorlickypiddy
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
May 14 2015 18:49 GMT
#59
I honestly wasn't aware that people still played Halo competitively enough to justify a TL team.... I guess TL's quest for domination of all esports continues
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Nebula
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
England780 Posts
May 14 2015 18:49 GMT
#60
Must be a joke right? Console fps? As an old competitive quake player, i just can't take this shit serious. I mean really, going from BW to this? o_O
<3
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O174
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft204
Nina 84
ViBE61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14139
ZZZero.O 174
Dewaltoss 139
firebathero 97
Hyuk 72
Terrorterran 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm109
febbydoto56
League of Legends
Doublelift3782
Counter-Strike
Fnx 833
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5638
Other Games
summit1g6928
FrodaN2777
fl0m744
mouzStarbuck377
JimRising 294
KnowMe262
ToD188
ArmadaUGS144
Mew2King41
Railgan30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
BasetradeTV168
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 66
• musti20045 35
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie789
• Shiphtur207
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 40m
INu's Battles
13h 40m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 40m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 40m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.