• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:58
CEST 07:58
KST 14:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10331 users

Amazon acquires Twitch.tv - Page 9

Forum Index > General Forum
795 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 40 Next All
TaShadan
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany1982 Posts
May 19 2014 07:14 GMT
#161
G+? No thx!
Yes its even worse if you are german... GEMA go to hell plz!
Total Annihilation Zero
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-19 07:38:17
May 19 2014 07:14 GMT
#162
On May 19 2014 16:02 urboss wrote:
You guys do realize that YouTube's streaming service is miles better than twitch?

Youtube is not 60 FPS capable if I recall correctly.

If I had to guess, I would say that maybe youtube would allow twitch streamers to stream independently while using youtube in and of itself as a back-up.

EDIT: I meant to say use youtube as an archiving system.
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
urboss
Profile Joined September 2013
Austria1223 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-19 07:27:17
May 19 2014 07:17 GMT
#163
On May 19 2014 16:14 BreAKerTV wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2014 16:02 urboss wrote:
You guys do realize that YouTube's streaming service is miles better than twitch?

Youtube is not 60 FPS capable if I recall correctly.

If I had to guess, I would say that maybe youtube would allow twitch streamers to stream independently while using youtube in and of itself as a back-up.


It wasn't 60 FPS capable, but they changed that.

Edit:
nvm, it seems that live streaming is still in 30fps
Anyway, the technology is there, so this should be easy to fix.
Chylvain
Profile Joined July 2012
France43 Posts
May 19 2014 07:28 GMT
#164
I'm Okay if Youtube buy Twitch, only if they don't delete the Kappa face. :D
"No GG, No Skill", that's why I never say "gg".
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-19 07:33:43
May 19 2014 07:32 GMT
#165
Im all for this, finally we will get some decent fucking European servers and it will improve the lag everyone other than Americans get when watching a stream when there is a LOL tournament on.
Finally!!! Im pretty sure YouTube/Google whoever wont even touch the layout or anything, maybe add more things to link it to YouTube but it is going to be nothing to do with YouTube imo apart from an affiliate source to eachother. Twitch on its own generates money like YouTube does.

Also the big part of this is whether the Justice system even allows this to happen as YouTube and Twitch is pretty much 90% of the internet streaming market lol? That is going take a while to go through if at all?

Also, lol Microsoft was bidding for it ;o oh gosh. That probably would of been a cool outcome to see what they would of done to it haha

Glad it didn't go to someone like Zuckerberg though, probably would of switched to Afreeca if that happened

And yeah gz to Twitch guys on becoming millionaires :D
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
May 19 2014 07:34 GMT
#166
I honestly didn't notice a difference when they bought youtube and I probably won't notice when they acquire twitch.
I am Godzilla You are Japan
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 19 2014 07:34 GMT
#167
So many cynics lol.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
YuiHirasawa
Profile Joined August 2012
Japan220 Posts
May 19 2014 07:38 GMT
#168
Maybe the kpop integration into sc2 streams will be easier that way.
Fun things are fun
Lonyo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United Kingdom3884 Posts
May 19 2014 07:39 GMT
#169
On May 19 2014 16:08 Jaaaaasper wrote:
Its really not...

Pause and rewind. Less laggy in Europe.
Lower res and frame rate.

I would take live pause and less lag over res and fps. And I do every time I watch LCS. The YouTube experience is enough better. Live pause and rewind is amazing. Never miss the start of an event. Start watching 30mins "late" and skip all the breaks to catch up over time.
HOLY CHECK!
Drigger
Profile Joined November 2011
254 Posts
May 19 2014 07:41 GMT
#170
Oh please no

Youtube is completely unwatchable here is germany without a proxy since half the content is being blocked due to "copyright violations" ... I dont want this to happen to twitch ;_;

SamuelGreen
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden292 Posts
May 19 2014 07:42 GMT
#171
These are some great news!
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
May 19 2014 07:42 GMT
#172
On May 19 2014 16:34 SigmaoctanusIV wrote:
I honestly didn't notice a difference when they bought youtube and I probably won't notice when they acquire twitch.

I'm with this guy.

But recently Nintendo threw a fit over YouTube awarding CPM to people who used Nintendo titles to increase their channel's viewership. So, youtube started giving all of that CPM money on youtube straight to Japan's pockets. Amazingly Nintendo did not try to do any such thing to twitch.tv. No lawsuits or threats or statements of that nature.

I'm thinking everyone's biggest concern would be something like that happening to streamers - their money being taken from them at any given moment.
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
May 19 2014 07:51 GMT
#173
Twitch service is already awful in China because they don't have local servers/nodes, but if it becomes a part of Youtube, then it will simply be blocked.

No more snipealot
ॐ
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
May 19 2014 07:54 GMT
#174
I just hope I dont get to experience the same unavailable due to copyright nightmare that I see in youtube
This is our town, scrub
ReboundEU
Profile Joined September 2010
508 Posts
May 19 2014 07:59 GMT
#175
I don't feel comfortable knowing google will buy twitch honestly. Even tho they have all the $$ in the world i have a feeling they will do more harm to what we came to love and use almost daily, than good.

But from a business point of view, if i were Twitch, i would sell it in a heartbeat. I mean come on..1 billion....that's more 0''s then most can count.

So yea...let's not forget Twitch is a business first.
U MAD BRO?
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
May 19 2014 07:59 GMT
#176
On May 19 2014 16:51 endy wrote:
Twitch service is already awful in China because they don't have local servers/nodes, but if it becomes a part of Youtube, then it will simply be blocked.

No more snipealot

I also wanted to bring this up. This is a big issue as well, but you might want to try looking in to douyu.tv, endy. I've heard that I can stream to this channel from outside of China and may one day be able to provide English broadcasts to it if you guys should want it.
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
ReboundEU
Profile Joined September 2010
508 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-19 08:07:43
May 19 2014 08:05 GMT
#177
Why would it be blocked? Twitch will continue as is because it's streams don't go against regulations. It streams games (MAYBE block some of those games). What u see now from twitch in China should still work.

Youtube is a whole other beast. You can put videos there lifetime and can cover ANY subject possible including delicate ones for which some countries may feel it's a bad thing. We don't want them politicians to feel threatened by the "internet truth" don't we? Twitch is just for games.

I honestly don't see how Twitch could ever be blocked in China as long as it continues doing what it did so far. Only difference now is u will see more adds then a teleshopping channel and also G+ integrated hardcore in it.

What i truly wonder even tho i am not a streamer myself, is how this move will influence stream payment and so on. Will they decrease/stay/increase? do the conditions change and so on. Personally i think the biggest impact will be on the streamers themselves who a big majority of them earn their living from streaming.
U MAD BRO?
Attunga
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia41 Posts
May 19 2014 08:06 GMT
#178
I just hope Microsoft never gets hold of it, I love watching Twitch as I work away in Linux
ReboundEU
Profile Joined September 2010
508 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-19 08:12:08
May 19 2014 08:08 GMT
#179
@Attunga ....it's a website...even if microsoft got its hands on it..how can they change a website in such a way to not work with your OS? Even then what would their benefit be from that because this site relies strictly on viewer numbers. That's a dumb statement sry.
U MAD BRO?
Lonyo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United Kingdom3884 Posts
May 19 2014 08:11 GMT
#180
On May 19 2014 17:08 ReboundEU wrote:
@Attunga ....it's a website...even if microsoft got its hands on it..how can they change a website in such a way to not work with your OS? That's a dumb statement sry.

I hope Google doesn't get their hands on it. I like watching Twitch on my Windows computer and if Google bought it then it would obviously go Chrome/Android only. Also I wish I had Skype for android. Also I wish Microsoft websites worked outside IE.
HOLY CHECK!
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings95
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 198
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 454
hero 423
BeSt 252
Mind 35
Terrorterran 24
Bale 22
Noble 12
yabsab 10
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1206
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Counter-Strike
taco 380
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King141
Other Games
summit1g10122
ArmadaUGS42
Livibee30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH339
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2267
League of Legends
• Rush1354
• Stunt412
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 2m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.