• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:32
CEST 14:32
KST 21:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9272 users

The Chess Thread - Page 76

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 131 Next
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
April 23 2016 18:08 GMT
#1501
On April 23 2016 11:28 Assault_1 wrote:
why is chess.com even relevant, it seems so unworthy of that domain - I went there and its just a bunch of ads all over. I think en.lichess.org is the best chess site.

Might've sat on the domain for a while.

Idk about ads, I don't see any with ABP, but I like the new chess.com UI. It's very clean, although lichess is a bit cleaner. I think chess might have more players tho
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Jan1997
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
Norway671 Posts
April 24 2016 20:28 GMT
#1502
On April 23 2016 11:28 Assault_1 wrote:
why is chess.com even relevant, it seems so unworthy of that domain - I went there and its just a bunch of ads all over. I think en.lichess.org is the best chess site.


If you use ABP it's damn near perfect I'd say. Best chess site there is in my opinion.
Do something today that your future self will be thankful for.
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
May 17 2016 01:44 GMT
#1503
I'm really liking the new chess.com layout.
Showing how long people took on each move is really nice for review purposes.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
calgar
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1277 Posts
May 23 2016 23:54 GMT
#1504
anyone up for some blitz series or 15 0 practice games?
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
May 24 2016 05:40 GMT
#1505
On May 24 2016 08:54 calgar wrote:
anyone up for some blitz series or 15 0 practice games?

what's your name on Chess.com or Lichess?
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
calgar
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1277 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-24 14:54:32
May 24 2016 14:47 GMT
#1506
Linezolid on chess.com - added you
kwizach
Profile Joined June 2011
3658 Posts
June 21 2016 00:56 GMT
#1507
A great performance by Carlsen in Leuven!
"Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions." -- Stephen Colbert
Deleted User 97295
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1137 Posts
June 23 2016 04:30 GMT
#1508
--- Nuked ---
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
June 23 2016 04:52 GMT
#1509
On June 23 2016 13:30 Laertes wrote:
Hi. My name is MikhailTalOne on chess.com currently if anyone wants to add me. I haven't played tournaments really ever but my coach estimates my play calibre is currently around 2200 at peak(I have a rather large swing gap and a tendency to tilt. I could use some practice against people rated 1800 or higher, to close my swing gap and gain consistency playing at a high level. I take a lot of inspiration from Tal in my play.


I added you...im imBLIND on chess.com. I'm pretty bad...I just enjoy playing fun games of chess without giving too much thought into other moves. If you would like to have some correspondence games, I usually play a few games at 10pst
im deaf
Deleted User 97295
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1137 Posts
June 23 2016 04:59 GMT
#1510
--- Nuked ---
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
June 23 2016 05:04 GMT
#1511
I don't know how to challenge people to a live game hahaha
im deaf
Deleted User 97295
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1137 Posts
June 23 2016 05:14 GMT
#1512
--- Nuked ---
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
June 23 2016 05:24 GMT
#1513
Okay i'm done hahahah.
im deaf
Deleted User 97295
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1137 Posts
June 23 2016 05:24 GMT
#1514
--- Nuked ---
Deleted User 97295
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1137 Posts
June 23 2016 05:26 GMT
#1515
--- Nuked ---
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
June 23 2016 05:26 GMT
#1516
Okay i figurd out how to challenge you, but it says you are declining my challenge instantly hahah.
im deaf
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
June 23 2016 05:26 GMT
#1517
Ah that makes sense. I'm a lowly 1550 scrub btw so expect easy wins haha
im deaf
calgar
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1277 Posts
June 24 2016 15:08 GMT
#1518
On June 23 2016 13:30 Laertes wrote:
Hi. My name is MikhailTalOne on chess.com currently if anyone wants to add me. I haven't played tournaments really ever but my coach estimates my play calibre is currently around 2200 at peak(I have a rather large swing gap and a tendency to tilt. I could use some practice against people rated 1800 or higher, to close my swing gap and gain consistency playing at a high level. I take a lot of inspiration from Tal in my play.
Maybe 2200 with a computer? Your account seems to be closed and I remember your USCF being 900..
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-24 16:34:37
June 24 2016 16:33 GMT
#1519
fyi, this is the same guy who claimed he was IM with an elo of 1300. claimed his rating was artificially low because he got emotional while playing

https://www.reddit.com/r/chess/comments/2gasrz/real_life_im_streaming_chesscom/
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
calgar
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1277 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-24 16:45:52
June 24 2016 16:45 GMT
#1520
On June 25 2016 01:33 ahswtini wrote:
fyi, this is the same guy who claimed he was IM with an elo of 1300. claimed his rating was artificially low because he got emotional while playing

https://www.reddit.com/r/chess/comments/2gasrz/real_life_im_streaming_chesscom/
I didn't know he streamed but the comments are what I would expect. Every time I see your name I think of my brief stint in ZH clan wars trying to beat the OoE guys - good memories.
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 131 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 237
TKL 170
CranKy Ducklings60
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinELIVE!
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM956
IndyStarCraft 154
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 956
Lowko434
TKL 170
IndyStarCraft 154
Rex 75
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57496
Free 3253
Jaedong 1954
BeSt 657
Soulkey 409
Horang2 358
Soma 334
Hyun 212
Zeus 203
firebathero 169
[ Show more ]
sorry 151
Last 150
Mind 108
Pusan 84
Yoon 28
soO 25
scan(afreeca) 21
Aegong 20
ToSsGirL 20
yabsab 16
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Dota 2
Gorgc6862
Dendi659
XaKoH 394
canceldota36
Other Games
gofns33230
singsing2203
B2W.Neo471
byalli402
Pyrionflax294
ToD184
QueenE38
DeMusliM19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 23
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP19
• Gemini_19 15
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1348
• WagamamaTV464
League of Legends
• Jankos3431
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 29m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.