• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:25
CEST 15:25
KST 22:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10416 users

Fountain Pens - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 26 Next All
Rassy
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-26 18:06:21
April 26 2013 18:05 GMT
#121
Nice thread indeed.
Personally i have verry bad memmorys about fountain pens wich where obligated here when i was in kids school (6-12 years) They can be a real mess and somehow i always spoiled ink over my hands,on my writing and my clothes.
A ballpoint, although way less stylish is more practical. I wish i could write with fountain pens as they have alot more class but i simply cant and for me all class it radiates gets spoiled by the mess i make when using it to write
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-26 18:15:06
April 26 2013 18:14 GMT
#122
Japan is like... perfect for fountain pens

An entry-medium range one:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/SAILOR-セーラー-セーラー-万年筆-優美蒔絵プロカラー-うさぎ-ブルー-11-0711-240/dp/B00AEL6QVC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_office_4
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
April 26 2013 18:23 GMT
#123
I was given an expensive Mont Blanc fountain pen by my grandfather as a college graduation present. I'm not certain how much the price tag is, but it's gold and black with a platinum inlay. It's a beautiful pen, so beautiful that I'm a bit worried about actually writing with it, so I mostly just keep it in its case as a collectible and for sentimental reasons.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
aTnClouD
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Italy2428 Posts
April 26 2013 18:26 GMT
#124
I read fountain penis
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/hunter692007/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
Maxhster
Profile Joined March 2011
Fiji473 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-26 18:34:26
April 26 2013 18:34 GMT
#125
On April 27 2013 03:26 aTnClouD wrote:
I read fountain penis


maybe you thought about playing goody when you read it ... :D
rawr
Cutlery
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway565 Posts
April 26 2013 18:37 GMT
#126
How do you use this if lefthanded, without smearing it all over the page? write from right to left?
NIIINO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Slovakia1320 Posts
April 26 2013 18:41 GMT
#127
In Slovakia you have to use this type of the pens in school for the 1st 3 years.
Nachtwind
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1130 Posts
April 26 2013 18:42 GMT
#128
On April 27 2013 03:37 Cutlery wrote:
How do you use this if lefthanded, without smearing it all over the page? write from right to left?


It´s more like kanji with your hand in the air then lean on the paper/desk^^ I´m lefthander so...
invisible tetris level master
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
April 26 2013 18:51 GMT
#129
Being left-handed and using a fountain pen is just a terrible idea.
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
April 26 2013 18:55 GMT
#130
On April 27 2013 03:26 aTnClouD wrote:
I read fountain penis

glad im not the only one
0x64
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Finland4647 Posts
April 26 2013 19:06 GMT
#131
On April 27 2013 03:51 maartendq wrote:
Being left-handed and using a fountain pen is just a terrible idea.


No its not.
Inks dry instantly and you don't run it anyway over the paper
Dump of assembler code from 0xffffffec to 0x64: End of assembler dump.
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
April 26 2013 19:12 GMT
#132
great, now I want one :/
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Marimokkori
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States306 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-26 19:29:28
April 26 2013 19:13 GMT
#133
My Nemosine Singularity just arrived!

[image loading]
Sorry for the poor quality photo - only have a camera on my phone. This is after the first filling with Parker Quink Black ink.

I purchased from Xfountainpens.com as a first time buyer from them
-Free shipping to US on $15+ orders.
-Honestly some of the best customer service I've seen in a while. They have a webchat available, and if a staff member is on they will message you and ask if you need help finding anything, etc. Very cool.

I really like it. I'm a fan of demonstrators, and for $15, I think this one is pretty nice. Converter included, it also came with a very unusual six cartridges compared to the standard one or two.

I'd show you some writing samples, but the only paper I have right now really sucks, and all my ink feathers on it like crazy, so there's really no point. I got a fine nib, and with the feathering it looks almost like a double broad.

It's the smoothest nib I've used in this price range, although I'm not sure how it compares to the Pilot Metropolitan. Considering that the Metropolitan doesn't have a demonstrator version, if that's what you want the Nemosine wins

Because he's far more knowledgeable than I am, check out Stephen Brown's review of this pen, writing samples included:


He talks a bit about the box, the name of the company, Nemosine, and the Morse code found on the box. I've read that Nemosine is a pun for Mnemosyne, the Greek goddess of memory. And the Morse code on my box reads "memory"



On April 27 2013 04:06 0x64 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2013 03:51 maartendq wrote:
Being left-handed and using a fountain pen is just a terrible idea.


No its not.
Inks dry instantly and you don't run it anyway over the paper

Ink doesn't dry instantly, and left handed writers who drag there hand through the text they just wrote do have problems with smearing ink. There are inks available that dry very quickly and are more suitable for left handed writers. I've linked a few times in this thread to a thread on FountainPenNetwork that discusses which inks are good for lefties. (Their site is undergoing maintenance at the moment so it isn't available). The right pen can also make a difference. You want a nib that writes on the dry side (doesn't lay down as much ink) perhaps paired with an ink that dries quickly. There are a number of inks that are advertised as fast drying, probably not a bad place to start.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
lazyitachi
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
1043 Posts
April 26 2013 19:43 GMT
#134
Got a Lamy Al-Star... Feels good.
So I went ahead to get another Lamy Safari and Lamy Vista Clear Demonstrater.

I am not sure what ink is good... So just ordered some Pelikan and Sheaffer...
What inks are good? I am hoping to try out more colors since I have a few pens/ nibs to switch around..
Crazyseal
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom259 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-26 19:46:30
April 26 2013 19:46 GMT
#135
Parker Vector for life!
0x64
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Finland4647 Posts
April 26 2013 19:51 GMT
#136
Well, that's probably only the case for those who didn't have to use a fountain pen in school. My hand position just won't make it possible to touch the non-dry ink... It's touching 3 lines higher and 15 cm away from the writing...

My other pen is giving a little bit too much ink and I'm writing numbers from 1 to 10, by that time it's dry up to number 4.

Parker's Quink (Washable blue).


Also cool stuff I notices, they have "ink reserves" now. Like a warning that you are running out... tap it a magically get more :D
Dump of assembler code from 0xffffffec to 0x64: End of assembler dump.
0x64
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Finland4647 Posts
April 26 2013 20:00 GMT
#137
I am jealous of my ancestor's handwriting, probably not a fountain pen, it's written in 1848..
Scanned a sample.

As a leftie, my hand writting should be scanned though, it's so irregular

[image loading]
Dump of assembler code from 0xffffffec to 0x64: End of assembler dump.
Prog455
Profile Joined April 2012
Denmark970 Posts
April 26 2013 20:12 GMT
#138
On April 27 2013 04:43 lazyitachi wrote:
Got a Lamy Al-Star... Feels good.
So I went ahead to get another Lamy Safari and Lamy Vista Clear Demonstrater.

I am not sure what ink is good... So just ordered some Pelikan and Sheaffer...
What inks are good? I am hoping to try out more colors since I have a few pens/ nibs to switch around..


If you can get your hands on some Pilot Iroshizuku you are good to go. Pelikan Edelstein is very good aswell. I use Pelikan Edelstein Topaz and i'm very satisfied.

Keep in mind that you need a converter in order to use bottled ink for those pens.
lazyitachi
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
1043 Posts
April 26 2013 20:37 GMT
#139
On April 27 2013 05:12 Prog455 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2013 04:43 lazyitachi wrote:
Got a Lamy Al-Star... Feels good.
So I went ahead to get another Lamy Safari and Lamy Vista Clear Demonstrater.

I am not sure what ink is good... So just ordered some Pelikan and Sheaffer...
What inks are good? I am hoping to try out more colors since I have a few pens/ nibs to switch around..


If you can get your hands on some Pilot Iroshizuku you are good to go. Pelikan Edelstein is very good aswell. I use Pelikan Edelstein Topaz and i'm very satisfied.

Keep in mind that you need a converter in order to use bottled ink for those pens.


Nice recommendations!
I checked them out and the Pelikan ones seems quite good price. The Pilot one... omg... amazing color range though a bit pricy :p
Watching the reviews on them inks now :D

Yeap.. i think the Lamy's comes with converters.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
April 26 2013 20:41 GMT
#140
Well I bought a packet of 20 cartridges of black ink for a couple pounds to keep me going while I get used to the pen. May just wait for my next 'more expensive' purchase, whenever that is, before starting with various inks and converters etc.
Moderator
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1389
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 277
MaxPax 118
Rex 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 64699
Calm 3787
Shuttle 3048
Bisu 1881
FanTaSy 1652
EffOrt 420
Stork 349
firebathero 309
Hyuk 284
Mini 275
[ Show more ]
Soma 264
Rush 243
Light 194
ZerO 164
Soulkey 146
Snow 146
Zeus 141
actioN 130
Last 130
Barracks 113
Killer 69
Dewaltoss 64
Mong 61
hero 56
Pusan 48
Shinee 41
Hyun 41
Free 35
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 33
NotJumperer 33
Shine 26
Sharp 26
PianO 24
Aegong 21
yabsab 17
sorry 16
Sacsri 12
zelot 12
HiyA 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5851
Dendi730
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1419
kRYSTAL_98
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko434
Other Games
gofns40451
singsing2135
B2W.Neo615
hiko369
crisheroes289
DeMusliM232
byalli195
Livibee161
Hui .136
Mew2King92
Liquid`VortiX68
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 51m
Replay Cast
9h 36m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.