• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:39
CEST 15:39
KST 22:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7545 users

Which college will you, already, or went to? - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
taeWook
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1367 Posts
March 23 2006 10:19 GMT
#121
On March 23 2006 18:29 naventus wrote:
Haha... E-Penis time:

Got into:
MIT
Harvard
Yale
Princeton
UPenn
Cornell
UC Berk
UCLA

Rejected:
Stanford.

My explanation is that I'm from the Bay Area and Stanford already takes too many people from the magnet schools in NorCal.

To juniors who are interested in applying to the selective schools, consider what interests you and do something- create something, whether a project, and event, an organization this summer that highlights your initiative and talent.

*Currently freshman at MIT.


Quite an impressive list. Mind me asking your credentials?
keep your friends close but your enemies closer.
taeWook
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1367 Posts
March 23 2006 10:24 GMT
#122
Btw, anyone here ever thought about, or have applied to government funded military schools, such as westpoint/united states military academy (usma), usafa (united states air force academy), usna (united states naval academy)?

Its free, but in turn you serve for 5 years, then I believe 3 in the reserves. I heard its tougher to get into usma than any other college or university in the U.S. If anyone has been, or is a cadet at one of these schools, please share your experiences, thanks.
keep your friends close but your enemies closer.
BrutalMenace
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States1237 Posts
March 23 2006 10:29 GMT
#123
Im a junior and i want to go to University Notredame (1st choice), UCSD, UCD, UCSB, Northwestern, Berkeey, Pomona
teh leet newb
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States1999 Posts
March 23 2006 10:41 GMT
#124
On March 23 2006 18:35 thedeadhaji wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2006 15:23 teh leet newb wrote:
I'm a sophomore. I would like to get into:

1. MIT/Stanford
3. Caltech
4. Carnegie Melon University (one of the best schools in computer science)

Backup - Purdue Univirsity (I live in Indiana and can scholarship, so I'd end up paying like <= $5000 per year)

My parents say that if I don't get a ton of scholarship money, they won't send be to CMU. It costs about as much as MIT, but it's only ranked about 24th, despite its computer science department pretty much rivaling MITs.

I like Stanford because it's in the heart of Silicon Valley in sunny California. It's also a tiny bit easier to get into than MIT. I was born in Boston though, and I lived there for about 8 years. I'll be majoring in Computer Science. I'll either get a double major or minor in Electrical Engineering as well.

Yes, I'm Chinese.


No offense, but your parents are misinformed. CMU's CS department >> all other CS anywhere. They are the ONLY school with a dedicated school of computer science, separate from the engineering school. Carnegie Mellon is THE place to go if you are serious about computer science, especially cutting edge AI type stuff I think.

edit; well okay, MIT aint shabby either =P


Yeah, I know. CMU fcking pwns at computer science. Also, it's easier to get into than MIT. This is why I've been trying to convince my dad, but he's really stubborn...
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill
XG3
Profile Joined December 2002
United States544 Posts
March 23 2006 11:29 GMT
#125
UCSD before i dropped out like a crack addict
uhjoo
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)1740 Posts
March 23 2006 11:36 GMT
#126
yale ftw
huck farvard
i want bubbles the warrior monkey back
useLess
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4781 Posts
March 23 2006 11:38 GMT
#127
UC Irvine [09] - Biochem
Moonlight Shadow
Locked
Profile Joined September 2004
United States4182 Posts
March 23 2006 11:44 GMT
#128
On March 23 2006 20:36 uhjoo wrote:
yale ftw
huck farvard


lies! harvard > yale

i'd love to go to harvard but i didn't even apply because i knew i'm not good enough
UMS map pack http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=50442
matamata
Profile Joined February 2005
United States133 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-03-23 12:28:29
March 23 2006 12:27 GMT
#129
On March 23 2006 19:24 taeWook wrote:
Btw, anyone here ever thought about, or have applied to government funded military schools, such as westpoint/united states military academy (usma), usafa (united states air force academy), usna (united states naval academy)?

Its free, but in turn you serve for 5 years, then I believe 3 in the reserves. I heard its tougher to get into usma than any other college or university in the U.S. If anyone has been, or is a cadet at one of these schools, please share your experiences, thanks.


I think the tough part for west point is getting a letter of recommendation from a congressman? I think USAFA isn't too tough in terms of academics, considering some of the people whom I know that got in... yet still far above average.
lil.sis
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
China4650 Posts
March 23 2006 12:48 GMT
#130
On March 23 2006 18:29 naventus wrote:
Haha... E-Penis time:

Got into:
MIT
Harvard
Yale
Princeton
UPenn
Cornell
UC Berk
UCLA

Rejected:
Stanford.

My explanation is that I'm from the Bay Area and Stanford already takes too many people from the magnet schools in NorCal.

To juniors who are interested in applying to the selective schools, consider what interests you and do something- create something, whether a project, and event, an organization this summer that highlights your initiative and talent.

*Currently freshman at MIT.


you must have been the shit to get into harvard, yale, and princeton. very very few people boast that many acceptances
好好喝喝天天快乐
[X]Ken_D
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States4653 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-04-01 05:24:35
March 23 2006 12:55 GMT
#131
GPA = Grade point average. It's your average grade. 4.0 being the highest without BS 5 point Advance Placement classes.

Only applied for:

Sacramento City State Universitiy - accepted
University of Sandiego (UCSD) - accepted
University of Davis - rejected! OMFG LOL

I put I played some piano & won a trophy for violin in 4th. Also, I wrote in I won an award for some airplane thingy when I was in 4th & 5th grade. I had 3 something GPA in highschool & so-so SAT score. I didn't give a shit about school so I didn't prepare for SAT
Dropped out from UCSD. >
[X]Domain - I just do the website. Nothing more.
naventus
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States1339 Posts
March 23 2006 12:58 GMT
#132
On March 23 2006 21:48 lil.sis wrote:
you must have been the shit to get into harvard, yale, and princeton. very very few people boast that many acceptances


It's actually pretty disgusting how many cross-admits go out- considering that a number of those could go to people that would have actually gone to X school. That being said, I know a number of people all from different backgrounds and having very different characteristics having similar acceptances.
hmm.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
March 23 2006 13:21 GMT
#133
well all these schools accept that student b/c they want that student to attend.
I didnt even apply to harvard/yale b/c they have no engineering =P.
would have gone to duke/cornell if i didnt get into princeton.
Damn i could have been pwnt by NonY in BW in person if i had gone to Duke~~ lol.
O.Oa
Profile Joined April 2005
Germany32 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-03-23 13:37:26
March 23 2006 13:26 GMT
#134
Im right now at the Hawkey College in Waterloo, Iowa. After i get my degree i will transfer to the Uni of Iowa.Hips Don't Lie
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
March 23 2006 13:36 GMT
#135
I bolded the admins, anything to do with my school, and people from the Bay Area.
Do your best, God will do the rest.
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
March 23 2006 13:39 GMT
#136
Just cause they're special and I'm displaying affirmative action. Hopefully we won't get in a heated debate on the wherefores and therefores of affirmative action but I honestly wouldn't want someone spoon feeding me cause I'm a minority. I'd rather prove I belong somewhere rather than being like number 37 out of 1000 on their minority quota. I'm Korean btw so I don't think I got anything for that.
Do your best, God will do the rest.
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-03-23 13:53:08
March 23 2006 13:52 GMT
#137
Hmmm so 7 days from now, when I find out which schools decided I wasn't a complete scrub, I'll be hunting you people down who are currently attending my perspective schools and will pummel you with questions. So be prepared.
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
March 23 2006 13:53 GMT
#138
I go to Rutgers, graduating in 2008.
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
prac1
Profile Joined September 2005
United States30 Posts
March 23 2006 15:08 GMT
#139
I'm currently attending Rutgers University in NJ, studying finance and political science. I am waiting on Columbia College for transfer admissions, but I might stay at Rutgers for other reasons, even if I were to get in. I'm surprised to see a lot of the members in the BW community are attending very acclaimed schools. But then again, who would post if they're attending community college.

Good luck ya'll seniors on getting into schools. But remember, it's not the end of the world or your social and intellectual future if you don't get into the school you wanted. All you need is a sincere desire and determination to learn.

Just giving my two cents.
Loving brood war the more I play it.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
March 23 2006 15:43 GMT
#140
Yes, it really is about the drive you have to succeed, and the dedication you have to learning. I personally know pple who went to state colleges, (close to CC's actually) who are now multimillionaire, silicon valley mogul/pioneer guys. This, plus the utter ubandance of retards at my school, has really taught me not to judge anything based on a person's academic background, but by what that person himself has to offer.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1033
RotterdaM561
SteadfastSC310
TKL 254
Rex117
CosmosSc2 29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 561
SteadfastSC 310
TKL 254
Rex 117
CosmosSc2 29
Codebar 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42768
Shuttle 2428
Jaedong 1376
Horang2 760
Mini 516
Soulkey 475
EffOrt 458
Stork 372
actioN 371
Larva 279
[ Show more ]
BeSt 220
Soma 218
ZerO 193
Snow 188
Rush 188
Last 146
firebathero 132
Mong 127
Zeus 93
910 75
Free 73
Mind 70
Hyun 64
hero 57
Yoon 43
PianO 41
Sharp 40
Shinee 39
JYJ 38
Shine 33
sorry 33
Pusan 32
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 27
Hm[arnc] 24
Sexy 23
Aegong 20
HiyA 18
Terrorterran 16
scan(afreeca) 14
Rock 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4760
Dendi1231
canceldota78
Counter-Strike
fl0m1874
Fnx 511
edward477
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King165
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes607
Lowko365
Other Games
gofns26926
singsing2233
olofmeister1114
hiko570
B2W.Neo333
DeMusliM224
Livibee175
Pyrionflax161
Liquid`VortiX115
QueenE74
Trikslyr61
Khaldor24
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1358
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH170
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2022
• Jankos1540
• TFBlade483
Other Games
• Shiphtur641
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 21m
The PondCast
20h 21m
INu's Battles
21h 21m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.