• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:30
CEST 16:30
KST 23:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9391 users

Which college will you, already, or went to? - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Blind
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States2529 Posts
March 23 2006 06:58 GMT
#101
On March 23 2006 02:15 FroZZoR wrote:
to blind:
trust me you are not a minority here
Hey Froz, I'll be going to the same school as you next year
Locked
Profile Joined September 2004
United States4182 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-03-23 07:01:49
March 23 2006 07:00 GMT
#102
On March 23 2006 15:57 lil.sis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2006 17:53 QuietIdiot wrote:
MIT
Yale
Harvard
Princenton
NYU
Or the community college 4 blocks away from me. I have over 200k in inheritance money but I'm not allowed to use it T_T. Considering I'm in 11th grade and I've just about done pure shit, the best thing I can possibly pull off at this point is to invent some sort of invention to change the world so that everybody at every university will be like OMFG This kid is a genius and get me in their university....artifical human embryo system here we gooooooo..end the world of this fucking abortion debate and earn millions wooooot

But I could always join the military and become a fucking marine and show the world how supreme America is in the world.

Bah life's too short..aim high, but keep your eyes on the stars and you feet on the ground....pity says me

PSAT:1780
SAT:2230(weird huH?)
GPA:2.4(ROFL I'M STUPID)

asfdasdf I should take the ACT in May and see how well I do in that. I'm so fucking weird when it comes to academics, 100 on exams one day, 30 the next day T__T, scores are like the graphic shape of a hyperbola ~~


if that's really your GPA i hate to break it to you but your chances of getting into anything you listed besides community college is slim


was i the only one that assumed he was joking? (about his list of colleges)
UMS map pack http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=50442
QuietIdiot
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
7004 Posts
March 23 2006 07:13 GMT
#103
Actually I was not joking about that all, and man are you serious? Even if I were to write an extravagant essay and manage to somehow provide a decent image at my interview it will not work?

And no I'm not joking about the list of colleges either, I really, really want to get into MIT
Locked
Profile Joined September 2004
United States4182 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-03-23 07:21:35
March 23 2006 07:16 GMT
#104
LOL dude if you have a 2.4 gpa (unweighted) then unless you have some MAJORRRR hook thats like an automatic rejection
(its also nearly impossible to have a hook that you develop in your last year, they like to see consistency)

sorry

ahh don't worry too much about your undergrad school anyhow, as long as you work hard you can basically make it from anywhere

this also goes for all people that will still be applying to colleges in future years, but honestly high standardized test scores (and even GPA to a lesser extent) alone aren't going to get you accepted, its more of a check
if you don't meet their imaginary minimum you'll have to be a lot stronger in your "hook" and whatever makes you special
UMS map pack http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=50442
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
March 23 2006 07:23 GMT
#105
Currently a Freshman at Worcester Polytechnic Insitute.

Double major in Interactive Media and Game Development, and Computer Sciences.
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
QuietIdiot
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
7004 Posts
March 23 2006 07:23 GMT
#106
Well over the course of 3 years at school, I've had some, well "crazy family issues". Had a few people die here and there and at that point in my life, I was feeling suicidal + didn't give a shit about school. Now that's all changed and I'm pissed off at myself for being so fucking weak. O well, a community college isn't that bad, but man what a fucking bitch, but let's say hypothetically, I can somehow create something revolutionary to the world, like urine powered cars or fetuses as energy supplements for the masses? MIT better fucking let me in if I manage to craft an idea like that, and I'll even post the blue print on this forum here just to prove to you all I'm not joking about it at all...once I layout what kind of mechanisms would support such a schematic ROFL, god have fucking pity on me..
matamata
Profile Joined February 2005
United States133 Posts
March 23 2006 07:55 GMT
#107
Abstinancy Tech
;(
to miss the mark
Profile Joined November 2005
Bosnia-Herzegovina1381 Posts
March 23 2006 07:56 GMT
#108
On March 23 2006 16:23 Haemonculus wrote:
Currently a Freshman at Worcester Polytechnic Insitute.

Double major in Interactive Media and Game Development, and Computer Sciences.


I was thinking seriously in going there, 3 of my friends are Freshman there. Problem is, no Web Design ~~
Act happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world. Then you can love, and do what you will.
Locked
Profile Joined September 2004
United States4182 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-03-23 07:58:34
March 23 2006 07:56 GMT
#109
On March 23 2006 16:23 Haemonculus wrote:
Currently a Freshman at Worcester Polytechnic Insitute.

Double major in Interactive Media and Game Development, and Computer Sciences.


a friend of mine really wants to go to WPI because of those majors i think, how is it there?

and quietidiot i'm sure you could go to schools better than your community college, its just you've listed like top 5, top 10 big name schools, which are already difficult for most people (although i had a friend that had MIT as a safety -_-) and would probably require a miracle for someone in your situation

anyhow if you can create something super revolutionary to the world just to get accepted to college, you probably don't need higher education anyhow
UMS map pack http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=50442
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
March 23 2006 08:09 GMT
#110
IM a senior and im going to Virginia tech for biology
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
Th][nK
Profile Joined July 2005
United States10 Posts
March 23 2006 08:17 GMT
#111
I'm a Junior, I plan on going to UC (Cincinnati) or maybe Bowling Green.
Mickey
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2606 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-03-23 08:48:52
March 23 2006 08:47 GMT
#112
Junior: University Of Illinois At Chicago(UIC). I really don't think I can get in anywhere else.
gLyo
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
United States2410 Posts
March 23 2006 09:10 GMT
#113
I am a Junior, and I am looking at:

University of Portland
Pacific Northwest College of Art
Maryland College Institute of Art

If anyone knows some good public universities located in large (500,000+) urban centers that have good graphic design programs that would be absolutley fantastic.
http://benisonline.com
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
March 23 2006 09:12 GMT
#114
On March 23 2006 16:23 QuietIdiot wrote:
Well over the course of 3 years at school, I've had some, well "crazy family issues". Had a few people die here and there and at that point in my life, I was feeling suicidal + didn't give a shit about school. Now that's all changed and I'm pissed off at myself for being so fucking weak. O well, a community college isn't that bad, but man what a fucking bitch, but let's say hypothetically, I can somehow create something revolutionary to the world, like urine powered cars or fetuses as energy supplements for the masses? MIT better fucking let me in if I manage to craft an idea like that, and I'll even post the blue print on this forum here just to prove to you all I'm not joking about it at all...once I layout what kind of mechanisms would support such a schematic ROFL, god have fucking pity on me..


please write those things in the "extrenuous circumstances" box that they provide. Have your counselor (no not psychological, but your college counselor =P) write that too, that you went thru some very difficult times, but that your current motivation and creative thoughts are promising. Also, I dont know what grade you are in (sry you may have mentioned it) but try your hardest to get straight A's from here on out. Then you have something to back you up when you say that I was going thru tough shit, but look, i'm putting myself together now. (even first semester senior year mid-term grades count for something if you have your college-counselor write about it)
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
March 23 2006 09:19 GMT
#115
On March 22 2006 23:03 KingFalladir wrote:
Princeton University - Physics

um, hurray for old Nassau.


lol i hadnt said "praise old Nassau" since freshman year, or even thought about it =P

yes, I'm Princeton >__< Electrical Engineering btw
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
March 23 2006 09:23 GMT
#116
On March 22 2006 22:38 cAtAcLySmIc wrote:
I'm a junior, my wanted schools are, Northwestern (hopefully for football), Havard (for football), Georgia, Michigan, USC, Virginia, Cal Berkley, UCLA, Chicago, Columbia


lol please come to princeton. Our football team fucking suxxxxxxx
0_0
Profile Joined April 2004
United States2090 Posts
March 23 2006 09:24 GMT
#117
Currently a Junior. I want to get into MIT/Princeton. Yeah, I'm Asian as well.
zdragon
Profile Joined January 2003
United States150 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-03-23 09:29:33
March 23 2006 09:28 GMT
#118
naventus
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States1339 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-03-23 09:31:07
March 23 2006 09:29 GMT
#119
Haha... E-Penis time:

Got into:
MIT
Harvard
Yale
Princeton
UPenn
Cornell
UC Berk
UCLA

Rejected:
Stanford.

My explanation is that I'm from the Bay Area and Stanford already takes too many people from the magnet schools in NorCal.

To juniors who are interested in applying to the selective schools, consider what interests you and do something- create something, whether a project, and event, an organization this summer that highlights your initiative and talent.

*Currently freshman at MIT.
hmm.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-03-23 09:35:58
March 23 2006 09:35 GMT
#120
On March 22 2006 15:23 teh leet newb wrote:
I'm a sophomore. I would like to get into:

1. MIT/Stanford
3. Caltech
4. Carnegie Melon University (one of the best schools in computer science)

Backup - Purdue Univirsity (I live in Indiana and can scholarship, so I'd end up paying like <= $5000 per year)

My parents say that if I don't get a ton of scholarship money, they won't send be to CMU. It costs about as much as MIT, but it's only ranked about 24th, despite its computer science department pretty much rivaling MITs.

I like Stanford because it's in the heart of Silicon Valley in sunny California. It's also a tiny bit easier to get into than MIT. I was born in Boston though, and I lived there for about 8 years. I'll be majoring in Computer Science. I'll either get a double major or minor in Electrical Engineering as well.

Yes, I'm Chinese.


No offense, but your parents are misinformed. CMU's CS department >> all other CS anywhere. They are the ONLY school with a dedicated school of computer science, separate from the engineering school. Carnegie Mellon is THE place to go if you are serious about computer science, especially cutting edge AI type stuff I think.

edit; well okay, MIT aint shabby either =P
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1111
RotterdaM645
SteadfastSC280
TKL 234
Rex130
CosmosSc2 42
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 645
SteadfastSC 280
TKL 234
Rex 130
ProTech80
CosmosSc2 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46567
Calm 3391
Shuttle 2552
Jaedong 1693
Horang2 730
Soma 527
actioN 524
Mini 461
Rush 453
Soulkey 408
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 368
Stork 349
ZerO 270
BeSt 212
Larva 195
Snow 188
Mong 124
firebathero 119
Zeus 97
hero 93
Mind 75
910 71
Free 64
Hyun 53
Yoon 48
sorry 40
Sharp 38
Shinee 36
PianO 36
Shine 33
Pusan 31
JYJ 26
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 22
Aegong 21
Sexy 20
Terrorterran 20
HiyA 18
Rock 14
Hm[arnc] 14
Killer 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5203
Dendi1305
420jenkins1
Counter-Strike
fl0m2457
Fnx 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
ChuDatz24
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko366
Other Games
singsing2200
hiko805
crisheroes387
Liquid`RaSZi347
B2W.Neo302
DeMusliM212
ceh9210
dupreeh204
Pyrionflax187
Khaldor179
Livibee173
Liquid`VortiX149
Trikslyr80
QueenE65
ZerO(Twitch)18
Hui .7
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 529
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH244
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1981
• Jankos1617
• TFBlade523
• Noizen81
Other Games
• Shiphtur650
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 30m
The PondCast
19h 30m
INu's Battles
20h 30m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.