• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:05
CEST 13:05
KST 20:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
https://www.facebook.com/BreathiZen.USD/ ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6194 users

Acceleration?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Yarertz
Profile Joined February 2003
Djibouti1891 Posts
April 22 2003 13:08 GMT
#1
Do you play with or w/o acceleration in your mouse properies?

i play on max but i think that's why im not so precise in cliking :/
But tell me if you got this same :D
StarCraft : 26.IX.2001 - 8.XII.2004 (1167 days) R.I.P [`]
Roman
Profile Joined November 2002
United States2595 Posts
April 22 2003 13:22 GMT
#2
without.
iSuXOr
Profile Joined March 2003
United States606 Posts
April 22 2003 13:32 GMT
#3
Acceleration is horrible.
I want dat beta.
NpG)Explosive
Profile Joined January 2003
France994 Posts
April 22 2003 13:36 GMT
#4
I play without.
But one of my friend is as good as me with medium acceleration.
otherOne
Profile Joined February 2003
United States135 Posts
April 22 2003 13:54 GMT
#5
With, on high --
Lick my face!
LuckyCharm
Profile Joined January 2003
United Kingdom228 Posts
April 22 2003 14:00 GMT
#6
I used to play with but now without. It doesn't really make much difference imo, whatever setting you're most accustomed to and efficient with is best. Btw do you mean you play with max acceleration? I can imagine that would give most people insane accuracy problems. I used to use low acceleration, and still noticed a significant difference when I first tried playing without it, using faster general sensitivity instead.

From what I've found, the advantage of acceleration is that you can get your cursor to move a relatively large distance with one quick hand movement, but also be able to easily fine-tune your cursor position due to the lower sensitivity for small movements.
The advantage of no acceleration as I understand it comes with time. As you get properly accustomed to the mouse sensitivity setting you're at, you instinctively know just how much to rapidly move the mouse to make the cursor end up exactly where you want it over a relatively long distance (ie somewhere near the other side of the screen). This is harder to do with acceleration on as distance moved by the cursor is not linearly proportional to distance your cursor moves.

Just my thoughts.
My hearts a tart
Pol
Profile Joined December 2002
Poland1187 Posts
April 22 2003 14:04 GMT
#7
accel ,high , PS2.report rate 200 and speed middle
Yarertz
Profile Joined February 2003
Djibouti1891 Posts
April 22 2003 14:07 GMT
#8
i got
accel max
speed max
dpi 800
ps/2 rate 200hz

its good but tell me more about your preference
StarCraft : 26.IX.2001 - 8.XII.2004 (1167 days) R.I.P [`]
Pol
Profile Joined December 2002
Poland1187 Posts
April 22 2003 14:09 GMT
#9
and mouse trekker
bASesinAtOR
Profile Joined November 2002
Bhutan1295 Posts
April 22 2003 14:48 GMT
#10
I stay high. Non-stop.
sike
FridayLove
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1478 Posts
April 22 2003 14:51 GMT
#11
I prefer not to use a mouse, so when I play a tournament WITH a mouse I am at a high advantage.

Sort of like those wieghts in your shoes that you use to run faster.
I dont care if mondys blue...
A3iL3r0n
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States2196 Posts
April 22 2003 16:02 GMT
#12
Depends what software does your acceleration and what mouse you have, I think. My Logitech mouse optical mouse is far superior to that of the Microsoft optical mouse. At high speeds with the Microsoft mouse, the cursor would jump all over the screen. Logitech is as smooth as butter. I play with the highest general speed and then low acceleration.
My psychiatrist says I have deep-seated Ragneuroses :(
Konni
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany3044 Posts
April 22 2003 16:43 GMT
#13
that's nice Utopia .. i'll try
pheered.user
Profile Joined March 2003
United States2603 Posts
April 22 2003 17:16 GMT
#14
On April 22 2003 23:51 AmUtoPia wrote:
I prefer not to use a mouse, so when I play a tournament WITH a mouse I am at a high advantage.

Sort of like those wieghts in your shoes that you use to run faster.



Thats impossible as you cant select or move units
Looking for Skilled players to join an Active, Involved clan. PM Me for Details.
iSuXOr
Profile Joined March 2003
United States606 Posts
April 22 2003 17:27 GMT
#15
^_^ Utopia

It's like those donuts that baseball players use
I want dat beta.
ObsoleteLogic
Profile Joined February 2003
United States3676 Posts
April 22 2003 18:37 GMT
#16
I play with highest speed, highest acceleration. MX700. Smooth non-reflective surface (black hardcover book). I don't have much in the way of accuracy problems, because I work on my accuracy constantly.
sMi.Silent // Siz)Silent
FridayLove
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1478 Posts
April 22 2003 18:39 GMT
#17
^_^;;
I dont care if mondys blue...
Pol
Profile Joined December 2002
Poland1187 Posts
April 22 2003 22:54 GMT
#18
AmUtoPia :D
Yarertz
Profile Joined February 2003
Djibouti1891 Posts
April 23 2003 05:00 GMT
#19
On April 23 2003 03:37 ObsoleteLogic wrote:
I play with highest speed, highest acceleration. MX700. Smooth non-reflective surface (black hardcover book). I don't have much in the way of accuracy problems, because I work on my accuracy constantly.

i got mx500
MW 9.76
speed max
Accel max

i got some problems with accuration but how do you train about it? www.missionred.com or others? ;]
StarCraft : 26.IX.2001 - 8.XII.2004 (1167 days) R.I.P [`]
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28906 Posts
April 23 2003 05:18 GMT
#20
no accelration, speed 6/10 or so, fUnc surfacing mousepad, logitech dual optical mouse, ps2 200 or whatever the best setting was. ^_^
Moderator
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
IntoTheiNu 152
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings33
CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko236
OGKoka 233
Rex 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38239
Calm 3460
Shuttle 1272
Bisu 960
Hyuk 366
Stork 310
actioN 297
Soma 280
Zeus 259
Rush 216
[ Show more ]
Mong 176
EffOrt 103
FanTaSy 100
Last 94
Mini 91
Soulkey 90
Light 72
firebathero 71
Dewaltoss 64
Pusan 63
ZerO 58
Shine 52
Bale 46
NotJumperer 43
Killer 41
Free 38
ToSsGirL 37
Shinee 37
Barracks 35
Yoon 33
Snow 28
hero 27
Sharp 22
Noble 20
HiyA 19
sorry 17
yabsab 14
Sacsri 13
Aegong 12
JYJ 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5149
League of Legends
JimRising 306
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1335
shoxiejesuss788
kRYSTAL_5
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
gofns28162
summit1g6525
singsing1686
crisheroes263
DeMusliM165
B2W.Neo128
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick575
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• LUISG 26
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV300
• lizZardDota2108
League of Legends
• Stunt294
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 55m
OSC
11h 10m
Replay Cast
11h 55m
OSC
1d 11h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 22h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.