• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:15
CEST 16:15
KST 23:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7387 users

Forum moderation gone too far? (EA Forums) - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 05 2011 15:47 GMT
#41
How exactly does EA think this is going to turn out? Why would we endure this draconian enforcement when ThePirateBay entertainment system offers the exact same games without DRM?
#2throwed
elmizzt
Profile Joined February 2010
United States3309 Posts
December 05 2011 15:48 GMT
#42
On December 06 2011 00:37 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 00:35 elmizzt wrote:
As long as they sort out the issues where the wrong person gets the ban, I'm all for the blanket ban.


So it's okay that if I say "fuck" on their forum, I'm banned from playing the games I bought permanently?

You don't see an issue with that?

If you don't want to get banned, don't break the rules.
d=(^_^)z
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 05 2011 15:48 GMT
#43
On December 06 2011 00:47 Klondikebar wrote:
How exactly does EA think this is going to turn out? Why would we endure this draconian enforcement when ThePirateBay entertainment system offers the exact same games without DRM?


Exactly.

Until the bought version provides a better, more sustainable, and more fair service than the unbought version people will always revert to that methodology, unfortunately. I really feel bad for anyone under EA, because they're always going to be bumfucked by them.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
December 05 2011 15:49 GMT
#44
I don't think that how you act publicly should ban you from playing a game you paid for unless what got you a ban were your public actions within the game you can no longer play.

But this is simple enough for some people: don't go back to EA forums, use a community forum instead I guess
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
FlamingForce
Profile Joined September 2011
Netherlands701 Posts
December 05 2011 15:49 GMT
#45
For a minute there I thought they were actually banning the people that clog up the battlelog forum with childish swearing and whine posts, which I would've liked.

However, after reading the article....Wow, just wow, really EA?

Good thing I quit and uninstalled BF3 yesterday...It's a shitty game anyway.
Deleuze
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom2102 Posts
December 05 2011 15:49 GMT
#46
Wow, this is absolutely shocking. EA fail.
“An image of thought called philosophy has been formed historically and it effectively stops people from thinking.” ― Gilles Deleuze, Dialogues II
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 05 2011 15:50 GMT
#47
On December 06 2011 00:48 elmizzt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 00:37 Fruscainte wrote:
On December 06 2011 00:35 elmizzt wrote:
As long as they sort out the issues where the wrong person gets the ban, I'm all for the blanket ban.


So it's okay that if I say "fuck" on their forum, I'm banned from playing the games I bought permanently?

You don't see an issue with that?

If you don't want to get banned, don't break the rules.


Let's just put camera's in everyone's houses, and if they commit a basic crime, send them to jail for the rest of their lives.

I mean, if you got nothing to hide and you aren't breaking any rules -- who cares?

Also, if you read the OP, people who aren't even breaking the rules are getting banned. Some random guy will say a curse word and involve your name in a post. You will then get banned for no reason for 72 hours, and if you went to support asking what just happened, why am I banned, you get permanently banned from your bought games -- online and offline -- forever.
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
December 05 2011 15:51 GMT
#48
Why would anyone even post on the EA forums? Is there anything worthwhile? I mean i think EA is going overboard with this, but whoever doesn't expect such stuff from them should look in the mirror real hard. I'm not surprised by this news at all, but i would never post on the EA forums either.

The only situation where using publisher forums is a good idea is with technical support issues. And whoever can not request technical assistance without swearing.. well i'm okay with these people getting banned, because they make the tech support guys lives hell. When buying a EA game that was most likely console-targeted and ported over to PC, everyone should know by now, that technical issues are to be expected and should be capable of asking for help rationally.

But seriously, using publisher forums for anything other than tech support is just generally a bad idea, in pretty much every game i can think of. LoL forums? haha. Battle.net forums? haha. EA forums? can't be any better. So just stop using them and your accounts are safe ;P

Of course, just because you can opt to not use the forums doesn't justify getting perma-banned for minor offenses. But imo, just not using such forums is the best way for everyone involved. Prevents you from getting caught up in such stuff with the added benefit of decreasing exposure to low-quality forums.
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
SirMilford
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1269 Posts
December 05 2011 15:52 GMT
#49
On December 06 2011 00:37 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 00:35 elmizzt wrote:
As long as they sort out the issues where the wrong person gets the ban, I'm all for the blanket ban.


So it's okay that if I say "fuck" on their forum, I'm banned from playing the games I bought permanently?

You don't see an issue with that?


Honestly i dont see a problem, you would not get banned permanently for saying a single fuck. but if you are trolling/swearing/scamming/spamming on their forums, they will ban you. Just do not post on their forums. I think that lots of people in this thread misunderstand. The person that was permanently banned had a whole slew of spamming posts. It was just the wrong post that the moderator sent him. It was posted on the bf3 subreddit i believe.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/mptco/i_was_banned_from_battlelog_for_72_hours_for/c3332zk

There is a good example! The guy claims to have been banned for a single thing but was actually a troll.

Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 05 2011 15:52 GMT
#50
On December 06 2011 00:51 MisterD wrote:
Why would anyone even post on the EA forums? Is there anything worthwhile?.


Also true.

Anyone who goes onto the EA forums are probably not the brightest of the bunch. Nonetheless, this is rather silly.
elmizzt
Profile Joined February 2010
United States3309 Posts
December 05 2011 15:53 GMT
#51
On December 06 2011 00:50 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 00:48 elmizzt wrote:
On December 06 2011 00:37 Fruscainte wrote:
On December 06 2011 00:35 elmizzt wrote:
As long as they sort out the issues where the wrong person gets the ban, I'm all for the blanket ban.


So it's okay that if I say "fuck" on their forum, I'm banned from playing the games I bought permanently?

You don't see an issue with that?

If you don't want to get banned, don't break the rules.


Let's just put camera's in everyone's houses, and if they commit a basic crime, send them to jail for the rest of their lives.

I mean, if you got nothing to hide and you aren't breaking any rules -- who cares?

Also, if you read the OP, people who aren't even breaking the rules are getting banned. Some random guy will say a curse word and involve your name in a post. You will then get banned for no reason for 72 hours, and if you went to support asking what just happened, why am I banned, you get permanently banned from your bought games -- online and offline -- forever.

Putting a camera in everyone's house, and jailing them for basic crimes is completely different from selling a software license, and then revoking it when the TOS are broken lol. Also, if you read my post, it says "as long as they sort out the issues where the wrong person gets the ban".
d=(^_^)z
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 15:54:21
December 05 2011 15:54 GMT
#52
On December 06 2011 00:53 elmizzt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 00:50 Fruscainte wrote:
On December 06 2011 00:48 elmizzt wrote:
On December 06 2011 00:37 Fruscainte wrote:
On December 06 2011 00:35 elmizzt wrote:
As long as they sort out the issues where the wrong person gets the ban, I'm all for the blanket ban.


So it's okay that if I say "fuck" on their forum, I'm banned from playing the games I bought permanently?

You don't see an issue with that?

If you don't want to get banned, don't break the rules.


Let's just put camera's in everyone's houses, and if they commit a basic crime, send them to jail for the rest of their lives.

I mean, if you got nothing to hide and you aren't breaking any rules -- who cares?

Also, if you read the OP, people who aren't even breaking the rules are getting banned. Some random guy will say a curse word and involve your name in a post. You will then get banned for no reason for 72 hours, and if you went to support asking what just happened, why am I banned, you get permanently banned from your bought games -- online and offline -- forever.

Putting a camera in everyone's house, and jailing them for basic crimes is completely different from selling a software license, and then revoking it when the TOS are broken lol. Also, if you read my post, it says "as long as they sort out the issues where the wrong person gets the ban".


I honestly don't know how anyone can defend permanently banning someone from a game for saying "fuck" on a completely unrelated online forum or going to customer support and trying to appeal a ban. But whatever.

._.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 05 2011 15:54 GMT
#53
On December 06 2011 00:48 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 00:47 Klondikebar wrote:
How exactly does EA think this is going to turn out? Why would we endure this draconian enforcement when ThePirateBay entertainment system offers the exact same games without DRM?


Exactly.

Until the bought version provides a better, more sustainable, and more fair service than the unbought version people will always revert to that methodology, unfortunately. I really feel bad for anyone under EA, because they're always going to be bumfucked by them.


Normally I'm not a huge fan of piracy but in this case, you give EA $60 and they can STILL arbitrarily take the game away from you?! Given that scenario I really can't say "no you shouldn't pirate."
#2throwed
SirMilford
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1269 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 15:56:53
December 05 2011 15:54 GMT
#54
On December 06 2011 00:50 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 00:48 elmizzt wrote:
On December 06 2011 00:37 Fruscainte wrote:
On December 06 2011 00:35 elmizzt wrote:
As long as they sort out the issues where the wrong person gets the ban, I'm all for the blanket ban.


So it's okay that if I say "fuck" on their forum, I'm banned from playing the games I bought permanently?

You don't see an issue with that?

If you don't want to get banned, don't break the rules.


Let's just put camera's in everyone's houses, and if they commit a basic crime, send them to jail for the rest of their lives.

I mean, if you got nothing to hide and you aren't breaking any rules -- who cares?

Also, if you read the OP, people who aren't even breaking the rules are getting banned. Some random guy will say a curse word and involve your name in a post. You will then get banned for no reason for 72 hours, and if you went to support asking what just happened, why am I banned, you get permanently banned from your bought games -- online and offline -- forever.

Please post some proof. Anyone can make huge accusations but i refuse to believe that support has the power to ban your account. EA chat support has approximately 0 power as it is apparently, how would they suddenly gain enough to ban your account. Also proof about the forum post? like a link to the actual post.

Edit: To the post above mine, That is stupid. Any game you buy currently on steam/origin/amazon downloader etc is just a licence. They can remove it at any stage for any reason as stated in their terms of service.
TheLaw
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States172 Posts
December 05 2011 15:55 GMT
#55
Don't listen to, elmizzt, hes a troll. I don't think anybody could be that dumb otherwise. The issue here is people are getting banned for something they said on forums. I'm all for banning forum trolls on ANY forum. But banning from games from something said on a forum isn't right at all.

User was warned for this post
Cowards die in shame.
ArhK
Profile Joined July 2007
France287 Posts
December 05 2011 15:56 GMT
#56
This is insane...

How can it be possible that you can't play a game that you fucking buy because you say something on website...?! I don't get it, and I am glad I don't play any EA games...
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
December 05 2011 15:56 GMT
#57
This is why I don't support production companies who force game designers to copy and paste, and then proceed to fuck over their customers by releasing shitty games AND banning them from playing.

Blizzard/Bethesda forever.

Down with EA/Activision.
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
Roeder
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark735 Posts
December 05 2011 15:57 GMT
#58
thank god EA only releases shit games I wouldn't spend 10 minutes on.
Starcraft is a mix between chess, poker and a Michael Bay movie.
SirMilford
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1269 Posts
December 05 2011 15:59 GMT
#59
On December 06 2011 00:55 TheLaw wrote:
Don't listen to, elmizzt, hes a troll. I don't think anybody could be that dumb otherwise. The issue here is people are getting banned for something they said on forums. I'm all for banning forum trolls on ANY forum. But banning from games from something said on a forum isn't right at all.


Have you got a reason to back that up with? If you are posting on your account with your games on it after agreeing to their rules and get banned. You should lose access to the account. Just consider it punishment. If the punishment is to harsh is to hard to call. You never see all the details in these cases.

For example, would you have the same reaction if a scammer bought bf3 and started to scam the forums. Would you then want him to be able to log onto his account and attempt to spam through that? There is a line that has to be drawn in terms of punishments but I personally do believe that banning access should be considered a valid punishment.
Nizaris
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium2230 Posts
December 05 2011 16:00 GMT
#60
On December 06 2011 00:56 Chargelot wrote:
This is why I don't support production companies who force game designers to copy and paste, and then proceed to fuck over their customers by releasing shitty games AND banning them from playing.

Blizzard/Bethesda forever.

Down with EA/Activision.

Bethesda needs to hire some decent coders. way too many bugs.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1105
RotterdaM632
SteadfastSC290
TKL 229
Rex134
CosmosSc2 37
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 632
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 229
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 37
ProTech33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42686
Calm 2840
Shuttle 2376
Jaedong 1594
Horang2 932
actioN 641
Mini 586
Soma 512
EffOrt 446
Soulkey 442
[ Show more ]
Stork 331
Rush 304
Larva 243
ZerO 223
BeSt 223
Snow 188
Mong 138
firebathero 132
Zeus 94
Mind 82
hero 70
910 69
Free 62
sorry 59
Hyun 47
Yoon 45
Sharp 45
Shine 37
Shinee 36
PianO 35
Pusan 31
JYJ 29
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 23
Aegong 22
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
HiyA 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Killer 13
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 12
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5476
Dendi1284
Counter-Strike
fl0m2218
Fnx 596
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
ChuDatz19
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko371
Other Games
singsing2199
hiko702
crisheroes613
B2W.Neo306
DeMusliM227
Khaldor188
Livibee183
Pyrionflax174
Liquid`VortiX147
Liquid`RaSZi111
Trikslyr69
QueenE60
dupreeh43
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1403
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH231
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2077
• Jankos1586
• TFBlade593
• Noizen108
Other Games
• Shiphtur625
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 46m
The PondCast
19h 46m
INu's Battles
20h 46m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.