• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:42
CEST 08:42
KST 15:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10207 users

Hated for eternity or forgotten - Page 10

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
DorF
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden961 Posts
August 14 2011 23:40 GMT
#181
I want to be hated, but hated for constantly making the worst puns in all human history.
BW for life !
Hujjo
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden121 Posts
August 14 2011 23:43 GMT
#182
Hated tbh, cause I'm a bad person. :/
HuK: "I love you guys, I hope you love me too, So we can circle love together, and I'll fuck your brains out."
Animism
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland130 Posts
August 15 2011 00:01 GMT
#183
I'd rather be forgotten because then my relatives and friends wouldn't have to death the grieving a loved one. Also it would be better to have less hate in the world
flowSthead
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1065 Posts
August 15 2011 00:11 GMT
#184
Hated, but not because I necessarily want to be remembered. I just assume from the choices that the hated one is the one that made an impact. If that is not the case, and either choice can make an impact, then it really does not matter to me.

As a good call back, in a Babylon 5 episode Sheridan and Delenn are asked whether they are willing to die alone and forgotten, and they choose yes:


But the point of it is not that they die forgotten, but they choose to die for something they believe in. They choose something in which they have an impact, for example sacrificing their lives for something. I would make the same choice. In the end, I want to have an impact, whether I remembered or not, whether I be hated or loved.

The reason hated appeals to me more at first is because if I am hated and remembered, then I definitely made an impact, whereas if I am forgotten, it is unclear.
"You can be creative but I will crush it under the iron fist of my conservative play." - Liquid`Tyler █ MVP ■ MC ■ Boxer ■ Grubby █
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
August 15 2011 00:51 GMT
#185
being hated sucks. but much than being forgotten
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
lowkontrast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States855 Posts
August 15 2011 01:02 GMT
#186
i want to be forgotten because if u are hated for all time it means u did something really bad and that means that regardless of if u believe in an afterlief or not it is a bad thing becus:

if you believe if an afterlife:
you are going to go to hell or suffer; alternatively, if you believ in reincarnation you will be a littel shit bug.

if you do not believe in an afterlife:
this means that that once you are dead you are unaffected and you do not remember if you did something bad or good. but if you are hated throughout history it means during ur life u probly lived with a guilty conscience and didnt actually enjoy lief to the fullest becus you were constantlynlt doing bad things (the only way you would be hated in history)

whoever chooses to be hated over forgotten, regardless of belief post-life, is clearly an idiet.
Kuja
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1759 Posts
August 15 2011 01:08 GMT
#187
forgotten, i really dont care enough about what people think to say hated
“Who's to say that my light is better than your darkness? Who's to say death is better than your darkness? Who am I to say?”
RaLakedaimon
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1564 Posts
August 15 2011 01:15 GMT
#188
I voted to be forgotten but that's only because there's not a "I wouldn't know anyways since I'm deceased" answer. I wouldn't like the thought of that while I'm alive but after I don't mind the hate or nobody knowing.
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
August 15 2011 01:23 GMT
#189
Well if I hade unlimited power I would do things that would get me really hated by ALOT of people so the choice is simple. Also I'm quite used to being hated in my everyday life so wont really hurt to still be hated when I'm dead since you cant notice it when you dont exist.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
antelope591
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada820 Posts
August 15 2011 01:28 GMT
#190
Its an interesting question. People say forgotten because if you were hated then your family would suffer. But is this always the case? Sure if you were hitler's kids you would be fucked because he lost the war but then you have people like stalin and mao zedong who caused millions of deaths but are still well respected in their own countries. Doesnt mao's son have some high ranking govt son simply because of his relation?
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
August 15 2011 01:42 GMT
#191
Why would anyone say hated? You are dead, so you gain\lose nothing, and if nobody remembers you it doesnt matter. If you are hated along the likes of hitler though, you have pretty much ruined the life of your entire family for the next 5 generations.
Wat
maryelizbethwinstead
Profile Joined April 2011
Mexico223 Posts
August 15 2011 02:28 GMT
#192
On August 15 2011 10:42 Earll wrote:
Why would anyone say hated? You are dead, so you gain\lose nothing, and if nobody remembers you it doesnt matter. If you are hated along the likes of hitler though, you have pretty much ruined the life of your entire family for the next 5 generations.


Well, if i'm going to be universally hated, then my fam will probably passionately hate me too, so screw them
Lord, teach me to be patient.
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
August 15 2011 02:30 GMT
#193
On August 15 2011 11:28 maryelizbethwinstead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 10:42 Earll wrote:
Why would anyone say hated? You are dead, so you gain\lose nothing, and if nobody remembers you it doesnt matter. If you are hated along the likes of hitler though, you have pretty much ruined the life of your entire family for the next 5 generations.


Well, if i'm going to be universally hated, then my fam will probably passionately hate me too, so screw them


They would hate you for ruining their lives, as you would have done =p
Wat
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
August 15 2011 02:35 GMT
#194
I choose forgotten. Which I might end up being
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
mcc
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic4646 Posts
August 15 2011 02:44 GMT
#195
People saying they want to be hated should think about what that means. To be hated on the level of Hitler you would have to do things on the level of Nazi atrocities. Are you really such a monster to do that just so people do not forget about you? If after people think it through and still want to be hated like that I have to say that it is troubling that some 40 percent of people responding to this thread are psychopaths.
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
August 15 2011 02:59 GMT
#196
Forgotten...because i'm a decent human being. Why the fuck would you ever do something atrocious enough to get millions to hate you?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
BradwMD
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States43 Posts
August 15 2011 04:46 GMT
#197
Forgotten, I wouldn't want to go out knowing a bunch of people would hate me. Plus, many of the things that people do to get them to be hated tends to be very controversial, and could spark an age of people wanting to "follow" in your footsteps the wrong way (i.e neo-nazis in America today).

On a second note, I love the PKA podcast, I'm glad I'm not the only one here to listens to it.
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
August 15 2011 04:54 GMT
#198
On August 14 2011 10:02 n00b3rt wrote:
I don't care, I'm dead you know ...


Thank you sir.
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
August 15 2011 04:55 GMT
#199
On August 15 2011 08:43 AngryPandaftw wrote:
Hated tbh, cause I'm a bad person. :/

Aww u so cute!!!
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
August 15 2011 04:59 GMT
#200
On August 15 2011 10:08 AudionovA wrote:
forgotten, i really dont care enough about what people think to say hated


Excuse me, I dont understand what were u trying to say...
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 173
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 643
hero 564
BeSt 272
Hyuk 83
Mind 35
Bale 24
Noble 18
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever976
XaKoH 125
League of Legends
JimRising 620
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
summit1g9464
ceh9226
Livibee75
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick490
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH381
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2293
League of Legends
• Rush1363
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 19m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.