• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:40
CEST 06:40
KST 13:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11092 users

Hated for eternity or forgotten - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
Promises
Profile Joined February 2004
Netherlands1821 Posts
August 14 2011 10:17 GMT
#141
On August 14 2011 10:02 n00b3rt wrote:
I don't care, I'm dead you know ...


Pretty much this ^^
I'm a man of my word, and that word is "unreliable".
ICA
Profile Joined January 2011
498 Posts
August 14 2011 10:18 GMT
#142
I couldn't care much less what the majority thinks of me, especially once I am gone. Still, forgotten sounds nicer. There's no reason not to forget me, saving my fellow's grief.
Stealth_Mel0n
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia43 Posts
August 14 2011 10:51 GMT
#143
Come on people- get commenting!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-14 10:55:38
August 14 2011 10:55 GMT
#144
It's pretty obvious that anyone answering hated doesn't have a family/children or any intention of having one.

If hitler left some children behind, how do you think their lives, and their children's lives would have been.

I'll be dead so the question doesn't really affect me, but it would affect people I'd care about.
Computer says mafia
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
August 14 2011 10:55 GMT
#145
If you care about what your friends and family thinks of you while you are alive, why would you want them to hate you (or whatever it is) after you die? (regarding the people saying they don't care what people think after they are gone).
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Facedriller
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden275 Posts
August 14 2011 10:59 GMT
#146
Hated, for some reason.
Remembered for eternity wouldnt be bad.
A Marine walks into a bar and says: "Where's the counter?"
vetinari
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia602 Posts
August 14 2011 11:10 GMT
#147
If you are forgotten by everyone soon after your death, you were nothing in life. It means no one loved you, no one cared about you, that you achieved nothing.

If you are hated, reviled for all eternity, you were something. You achieved. You were great. A great evil, perhaps, but still great. You changed the world.

It truly is a choice between two horrible fates.
Paver
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia105 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-14 14:20:55
August 14 2011 14:20 GMT
#148
I would rather be forgotten then remembered as a saint, let alone as an evil guy.
cig
iNfeRnaL *
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Germany1908 Posts
August 14 2011 14:28 GMT
#149
This poll lacks the "I don't want to be forgotten nor hated" option.
RaNdOmOwNaGe
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia51 Posts
August 14 2011 14:31 GMT
#150
I would much rather be Hated, not because I must be remembered, but because I think that it would be awesome to have that much of an impact on the world. That is kinda what I strive to do in my life, except maybe not by doing something like Hitler did... I guess it would be fun either way :D
<3 ZealotS
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 14 2011 14:32 GMT
#151
Everyone is forgotten eventually. Sure you remember Augustus. Even Alexander. But a thousand years before that remembrance becomes slimmer and so on until 8000 years ago you're just a skeleton with ceremonial pottery to indicate it was a grave.

I'd rather accept that our time of existence is limited no matter how great your impact is. Whether you are remembered by leaving Rome a city of marble or by the ethnic cleansing of the Balkins, you won't be remembered forever.

Forgotten is fine.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
August 14 2011 14:47 GMT
#152
Rather shockingly sad poll ;o I was surprised by the results. I mean it says right in the OP, hate equivalent to Hitler. If given the opportunity, hundreds of people here would kill millions of innocent people just so that their name would be remembered? What the fuck. Egotism at it's finest.
I'd rather leave the world a better place because of my existence and be forgotten.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
teamsolid
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada3668 Posts
August 14 2011 15:00 GMT
#153
Definitely forgotten. Even though I'm dead, if I was hated as much as Hitler, any family/future generations would probably get a bad rap and/or be living in shame due to all the heinous crimes I committed.
ravemir
Profile Joined April 2011
Portugal595 Posts
August 14 2011 15:07 GMT
#154
I'd rather go down not having done something to hurt species progression, than to do it just for the fame. Fame which, like some have said already, wouldn't do me any good
"more gg, more skill"
harhar!
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany190 Posts
August 14 2011 15:07 GMT
#155
dont give a shizz.
Latedi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden1027 Posts
August 14 2011 15:11 GMT
#156
As long as I'd be hated for something I stand for, that's fine.
I am Latedi.
Phayze
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2029 Posts
August 14 2011 15:16 GMT
#157
On August 14 2011 23:28 iNfeRnaL wrote:
This poll lacks the "I don't want to be forgotten nor hated" option.

Definitely haha. I dont think I would care not being remembered, but I most certainly wouldn't want to be hated. I guess this question comes down to when it was asked. Because you could leave the world forgotten but not have been forgotten after you death but merely lost with time. Theres 7 billion people on the planet and 99% of them will not be remembered in 100 years. I'm content being one of the 99% of individuals.
Proud member of the LGA-1366 Core-i7 4Ghz Club
koshr
Profile Joined February 2009
Germany61 Posts
August 14 2011 15:19 GMT
#158
i dont think people will be hated for eternity not even hiter. sure he will be remember as a dictator etc but do you still hate nero or atilla ?
Fleebenworth
Profile Joined April 2011
463 Posts
August 14 2011 15:24 GMT
#159
Everyone will be forgotten eventually; some people just last longer.
The Final Boss
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1839 Posts
August 14 2011 15:25 GMT
#160
On August 14 2011 17:52 WeddingEpisode wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2011 17:50 sickle wrote:
On August 14 2011 17:44 WeddingEpisode wrote:
Definitely forgotten.


Hitler's not remembered very much. The things that Hitler did are remembered because people lost loved-ones because of what he chose to do. He as a person is never mentioned apart from his actions with much interest.

Minus the Holocaust and War, just imagine his biography.




The actions of a man is what defines him.


I think that's part of the outrage of it. He doesn't deserve the attention.

In addition to being one of the most wicked people to ever live, Hitler also was one of the most brilliant orators. Also, from a historical standpoint I personally find it interesting how a man could disguise such an evil and disgusting scheme behind loud speeches and blind nationalism.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings130
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 188
NeuroSwarm 176
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 177
hero 111
sorry 47
Mind 29
Bale 20
Terrorterran 18
ZergMaN 12
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever939
League of Legends
JimRising 717
Counter-Strike
taco 442
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King144
Other Games
summit1g9903
Maynarde201
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick514
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH242
• Hupsaiya 131
• practicex 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota289
League of Legends
• Rush1268
• Stunt270
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 20m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 20m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.