• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:40
CEST 15:40
KST 22:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8565 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 30

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 783 Next
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
January 16 2014 02:57 GMT
#581
On January 16 2014 11:45 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
You're telling me none of you have ever seen this happen?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100224171211AAw769d
Yahoo to the rescue. Come for the eye strain, stay for the answer to life's greater mysteries.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 16 2014 03:00 GMT
#582
Well, still doesn't explain the colors lawl

I guess it might just be I have more R cones in one eye and G/B cones in the other or something, by a very slight but noticeable margin...
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
January 16 2014 03:21 GMT
#583
I can change the colors of things I'm looking at too! But that only happens when I'm staring at something for a long time and stop focusing. For example, I can stare at a white/beige carpet and see it as red after a minute or so. I can't say either eye is different though that I see things inherently different in one eye than another.

However, there is one thing that I can see that I've never heard of anybody else seeing. My field of vision is constantly seeing different colors and shapes, despite complete darkness or in open light. I might stare at the ceiling at night and see a whole bunch of red dots flying across my room, or a strange looking blue-and-green square floating around (among other shapes and colors). The shapes and colors never change, and they're not obscure shapes/colors like the ones you'd get from pushing on your eyes. I pretty much have them tuned out all the time, but if I focus, I can see them. They're not a bother to me. Idk what exactly they are, but it would be cool to find out if anybody has heard of this before. I know everybody has those see-through floaters that have been well-documented, but this isn't that.

The cool thing is, like a year ago, I suddenly remembered that I could see them. When I remembered I could see them, I focused and remembered some of the other shapes that I had forgotten, same colors and everything. So cool!
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 16 2014 03:34 GMT
#584
On January 16 2014 12:21 Epishade wrote:
I can change the colors of things I'm looking at too! But that only happens when I'm staring at something for a long time and stop focusing. For example, I can stare at a white/beige carpet and see it as red after a minute or so. I can't say either eye is different though that I see things inherently different in one eye than another.

However, there is one thing that I can see that I've never heard of anybody else seeing. My field of vision is constantly seeing different colors and shapes, despite complete darkness or in open light. I might stare at the ceiling at night and see a whole bunch of red dots flying across my room, or a strange looking blue-and-green square floating around (among other shapes and colors). The shapes and colors never change, and they're not obscure shapes/colors like the ones you'd get from pushing on your eyes. I pretty much have them tuned out all the time, but if I focus, I can see them. They're not a bother to me. Idk what exactly they are, but it would be cool to find out if anybody has heard of this before. I know everybody has those see-through floaters that have been well-documented, but this isn't that.

The cool thing is, like a year ago, I suddenly remembered that I could see them. When I remembered I could see them, I focused and remembered some of the other shapes that I had forgotten, same colors and everything. So cool!

Damn... wish I could see shapes. Probably would help me stay up all night wondering wtf I'm seeing
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
January 16 2014 04:04 GMT
#585
On January 16 2014 12:34 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 12:21 Epishade wrote:
I can change the colors of things I'm looking at too! But that only happens when I'm staring at something for a long time and stop focusing. For example, I can stare at a white/beige carpet and see it as red after a minute or so. I can't say either eye is different though that I see things inherently different in one eye than another.

However, there is one thing that I can see that I've never heard of anybody else seeing. My field of vision is constantly seeing different colors and shapes, despite complete darkness or in open light. I might stare at the ceiling at night and see a whole bunch of red dots flying across my room, or a strange looking blue-and-green square floating around (among other shapes and colors). The shapes and colors never change, and they're not obscure shapes/colors like the ones you'd get from pushing on your eyes. I pretty much have them tuned out all the time, but if I focus, I can see them. They're not a bother to me. Idk what exactly they are, but it would be cool to find out if anybody has heard of this before. I know everybody has those see-through floaters that have been well-documented, but this isn't that.

The cool thing is, like a year ago, I suddenly remembered that I could see them. When I remembered I could see them, I focused and remembered some of the other shapes that I had forgotten, same colors and everything. So cool!

Damn... wish I could see shapes. Probably would help me stay up all night wondering wtf I'm seeing

It's not as interesting as it sounds. I forget they're there most of the time.
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-16 05:31:08
January 16 2014 05:20 GMT
#586
Poll: Should I do it

Yes (13)
 
45%

No (5)
 
17%

As long as it doesn't end up with you in jail (11)
 
38%

29 total votes

Your vote: Should I do it

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): As long as it doesn't end up with you in jail



edit: I will not say what "it" is btw
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
January 16 2014 05:40 GMT
#587
Will you tell us after you decide to do it or not?
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
January 16 2014 05:51 GMT
#588
On January 16 2014 14:40 Epishade wrote:
Will you tell us after you decide to do it or not?


He should tell us after he does it. Assuming whatever he does will not lead to incapacitating him from telling us about it
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Dienosore
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Brunei Darussalam622 Posts
January 16 2014 05:58 GMT
#589
How much of Snow On Tha Bluff is real?
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
January 16 2014 05:58 GMT
#590
On January 16 2014 14:51 rebdomine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 14:40 Epishade wrote:
Will you tell us after you decide to do it or not?


He should tell us after he does it. Assuming whatever he does will not lead to incapacitating him from telling us about it


"Naked loon terrorizes the streets of Toronto. Cryptic message 'Orcasgt24' tattooed to chest"
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
January 16 2014 06:46 GMT
#591
On January 16 2014 14:58 hacklebeast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 14:51 rebdomine wrote:
On January 16 2014 14:40 Epishade wrote:
Will you tell us after you decide to do it or not?


He should tell us after he does it. Assuming whatever he does will not lead to incapacitating him from telling us about it


"Naked loon terrorizes the streets of Toronto. Cryptic message 'Orcasgt24' tattooed to chest"

^Wouldn't need a poll to ask if I should do that unless all the options were yes
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
January 16 2014 13:47 GMT
#592
Voting yes because it's probably something you want to do but are afraid to for whatever reason and need justification for it.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 16 2014 22:02 GMT
#593
Is there any reason to keep incest illegal? It seems like consensual incest is a victimless crime.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Persh
Profile Joined February 2012
Estonia108 Posts
January 16 2014 22:10 GMT
#594
On January 17 2014 07:02 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Is there any reason to keep incest illegal? It seems like consensual incest is a victimless crime.


Same question for bestiality. We need to find a way of getting knowledge of whether or not animals consent or not.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
January 16 2014 22:31 GMT
#595
You could argue the victim would be the child if that happened.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
January 16 2014 22:35 GMT
#596
Its not illegal for say haemophiliacs to get laid though. Nor have kids for that matter but we aren't really even discussing that part.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 16 2014 22:42 GMT
#597
On January 17 2014 07:31 Najda wrote:
You could argue the victim would be the child if that happened.

Well there's always abortion of course. Or any contraception method any couple would use to avoid children.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
January 16 2014 22:44 GMT
#598
On January 17 2014 07:02 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Is there any reason to keep incest illegal? It seems like consensual incest is a victimless crime.

People just don't understand and are set in their old ways. Hopefully one day, these laws will be abolished and the world will be a better place for guys like you and me.

Wincest!
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
January 17 2014 01:38 GMT
#599
you have a bottle full of water. which drains faster, turning the bottle upside down or tilting it in an angle?
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-17 01:43:44
January 17 2014 01:42 GMT
#600
On January 17 2014 10:38 icystorage wrote:
you have a bottle full of water. which drains faster, turning the bottle upside down or tilting it in an angle?


Tilting it at an angle. Gyrating the bottle flushes the water out even faster.

I recall it had something to do about having the air take the place of the water in the bottle faster.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1032
WardiTV767
OGKoka 298
Rex147
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 298
Rex 147
ProTech132
Codebar 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3028
Shuttle 1665
Horang2 1385
Jaedong 813
BeSt 772
EffOrt 651
Light 312
firebathero 287
Rush 271
Stork 254
[ Show more ]
ZerO 251
ggaemo 188
Mini 176
Zeus 94
Barracks 85
Shine 75
Killer 66
Sea.KH 54
Hyun 51
ToSsGirL 33
Shinee 30
Sexy 26
Bale 25
Mong 24
sorry 24
Aegong 18
PianO 17
soO 17
Terrorterran 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Sacsri 11
HiyA 11
zelot 9
Noble 9
yabsab 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
qojqva3011
Dendi2153
BananaSlamJamma311
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin424
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes424
Other Games
singsing2255
olofmeister1401
hiko825
B2W.Neo735
Lowko349
Sick241
Pyrionflax196
Liquid`VortiX166
ArmadaUGS90
Mew2King37
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream495
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2197
• Nemesis986
Other Games
• WagamamaTV261
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.