• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7543 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 29

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 783 Next
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
January 13 2014 15:24 GMT
#561
On January 14 2014 00:12 TOCHMY wrote:
Should I take a year off work and study japanese in Kyoto, even though it might not lead to japanese related work/education?


If you're not missing anything while your gone and are able to pick up relatively where you left off, I don't see why not. If learning Japanese/expiriencing their culture is something you really want to do then go for it.
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
January 13 2014 15:31 GMT
#562
Has anyone experience with learning norwegian? I´m currently in the first semester MSc Economics and I thought that it might be a good idea to move to Norway some day.
RogerX
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
New Zealand3180 Posts
January 13 2014 21:18 GMT
#563
On January 13 2014 21:17 Amestir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 19:57 RogerX wrote:
Why is pacific rim called pacific rim?


Because the portal where the monsters come from is a rim in the pacific ocean.

wow that's more simple than I thought.

speaking of Japan, how much language experience should I have if I go to the country?
Stick it up. take it up. step aside and see the world
TOCHMY
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden1692 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-13 21:26:11
January 13 2014 21:25 GMT
#564
On January 14 2014 06:18 RogerX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 21:17 Amestir wrote:
On January 13 2014 19:57 RogerX wrote:
Why is pacific rim called pacific rim?


Because the portal where the monsters come from is a rim in the pacific ocean.

wow that's more simple than I thought.

speaking of Japan, how much language experience should I have if I go to the country?


Depends on what you're gonna do.

Vacation? Learn some simple phrases and words to get around, stuff like "Where is...? "... wa doko desu ka?".

Study? Again, depends on what school and their rules. Usually you need to know Hiragana and Katakana.

Work? You need to know japanese.
Yoona <3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Look! It's Totoro! ☉.☉☂
RogerX
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
New Zealand3180 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-14 23:24:24
January 13 2014 21:26 GMT
#565
Thanks, I was thinking more of a vacation. I have a bit of high school Japanese under my belt, and I don't mind boosting it again.
Stick it up. take it up. step aside and see the world
TOCHMY
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden1692 Posts
January 13 2014 21:28 GMT
#566
On January 14 2014 06:26 RogerX wrote:
Thanks, I was thinking more of a vacation. I have a bit of high school Japanese under my belt, and I don't mind boasting it again.


Then you probably know more japanese than I did when I was there, and probably more than I know now, lol.

You should totally go there, though! Hell I was there for 2 weeks on vacation and now I'm considering studying for a year there.

That's how awesome Japan is...
Yoona <3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Look! It's Totoro! ☉.☉☂
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
January 14 2014 01:44 GMT
#567
You guys are making me wish it's October already.

Have at trip to Japan planned for October.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
TOCHMY
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden1692 Posts
January 14 2014 08:03 GMT
#568
On January 14 2014 10:44 rebdomine wrote:
You guys are making me wish it's October already.

Have at trip to Japan planned for October.


That's when I'm going! School starts in the middle of October. If you're going to Kyoto, send me a PM and we can hook up. I know a couple of places that serve awesome draft beer.
Yoona <3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Look! It's Totoro! ☉.☉☂
3point14
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany890 Posts
January 15 2014 22:56 GMT
#569
do zerglings dream of infested sheep?
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
January 15 2014 23:09 GMT
#570
On January 16 2014 07:56 3point14 wrote:
do zerglings dream of infested sheep?

What do sheep dream of?
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
January 15 2014 23:13 GMT
#571
On January 16 2014 08:09 Ettick wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 07:56 3point14 wrote:
do zerglings dream of infested sheep?

What do sheep dream of?


Jumping over fences.
Steemer
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada98 Posts
January 15 2014 23:22 GMT
#572
What the hell can I do with my English degree? I mean, I knew it was relatively useless going into it, but I didn't know it was going to be THIS bad.

Side note: Considering teaching English overseas in Korea for a year or two to dump my student loan while seeing the world; anyone have any experience doing this?
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
January 15 2014 23:23 GMT
#573
On January 16 2014 08:13 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 08:09 Ettick wrote:
On January 16 2014 07:56 3point14 wrote:
do zerglings dream of infested sheep?

What do sheep dream of?


Jumping over fences.


Humans jumping over fences.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 16 2014 01:53 GMT
#574
On January 16 2014 08:22 Steemer wrote:
What the hell can I do with my English degree? I mean, I knew it was relatively useless going into it, but I didn't know it was going to be THIS bad.

Side note: Considering teaching English overseas in Korea for a year or two to dump my student loan while seeing the world; anyone have any experience doing this?


Really the only thing you can do with an English degree is be an English teacher

How come with one of my eyes I see everything slightly tinted with red, and the other eye slightly tinted with blue?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
January 16 2014 01:58 GMT
#575
On January 16 2014 10:53 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 08:22 Steemer wrote:
What the hell can I do with my English degree? I mean, I knew it was relatively useless going into it, but I didn't know it was going to be THIS bad.

Side note: Considering teaching English overseas in Korea for a year or two to dump my student loan while seeing the world; anyone have any experience doing this?


Really the only thing you can do with an English degree is be an English teacher

How come with one of my eyes I see everything slightly tinted with red, and the other eye slightly tinted with blue?


Are you wearing 3D glasses?
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 16 2014 02:05 GMT
#576
On January 16 2014 10:58 rebdomine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 10:53 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On January 16 2014 08:22 Steemer wrote:
What the hell can I do with my English degree? I mean, I knew it was relatively useless going into it, but I didn't know it was going to be THIS bad.

Side note: Considering teaching English overseas in Korea for a year or two to dump my student loan while seeing the world; anyone have any experience doing this?


Really the only thing you can do with an English degree is be an English teacher

How come with one of my eyes I see everything slightly tinted with red, and the other eye slightly tinted with blue?


Are you wearing 3D glasses?


Oh god I thought those red/blue ones died in 2005 or something.

No, just when I close my eye, a white surface will look pinkish, and then when I close my other eye, it'll be bluish. Not by much; it's only evident when I switch between eyes that I see the color difference.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
itsjustatank
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Hong Kong9179 Posts
January 16 2014 02:40 GMT
#577
Your white balance is messed up; might need servicing.
Photographer"nosotros estamos backamos" - setsuko
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 16 2014 02:45 GMT
#578
You're telling me none of you have ever seen this happen?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
itsjustatank
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Hong Kong9179 Posts
January 16 2014 02:53 GMT
#579
Nope. My body and lenses render colors accurately.
Photographer"nosotros estamos backamos" - setsuko
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
January 16 2014 02:54 GMT
#580
Sometimes I see a blue screen of death so I just restart life and it usually works fine.
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM753
TKL 318
TaKeTV 255
IndyStarCraft 172
BRAT_OK 111
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 753
TKL 318
IndyStarCraft 172
ProTech144
MaxPax 143
BRAT_OK 111
UpATreeSC 99
MindelVK 24
EmSc Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 933
EffOrt 573
Mini 522
ggaemo 184
firebathero 157
White-Ra 69
Barracks 56
910 51
Hyun 48
Shinee 38
[ Show more ]
Shine 33
Killer 29
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 23
Trap 19
soO 17
yabsab 11
Dota 2
qojqva4956
Counter-Strike
Fnx 738
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4734
crisheroes1563
Liquid`Hasu1144
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2779
singsing1689
B2W.Neo867
ceh9625
Beastyqt570
ArmadaUGS171
C9.Mang0134
Dewaltoss61
Trikslyr42
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream506
Other Games
BasetradeTV166
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 13
EmSc2Tv 13
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile117
• Reevou 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2415
• TFBlade784
Other Games
• Shiphtur249
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.